Welcome to Gaia! ::

now i thought of making another post on cutting and i guess this kind of is. but i just need to find some posts on why cutting is bad and my search thingy isn't working so could so nice people please tell me some. i need to find one cause i have a friend who cuts and i'm trying to convince her why it's bad. websites would be good too. or if you have some ideas you could jsut post them. but can someone please help me and not jsut tell me to let her cut if she wants to.

~penny lane~
Maybe because it can lead to death if you cut deep enough. That's just a thought though.
It's attention whoreism at its worse.
Cutting is a good thing. Imagine having a boyfriend over for dinner and your parents serve steak. I'm sure they would think it awfully rude to watch him savagely tear into the meat with his bare hands, salivating over the torched flesh.

********, now I'm hungry....
Vampy`s Soul 2

that is actually incorrect mostly. Those who are cutters, do not want that much attention from it except from maybe a specific person. It is irritating and inconvienient to have people talking about it. Those who are cutters usually suffer from depression and really have no straight answer as to why they cut themselves, but they just do. Often its a stress relief and sometimes just a way of taking out anger without seemingly hurting anyone else.
Remember, Rippy the Razor Blade says "Down the block, never across the street."
hummm... well now if she cuts her self she cuts her self oh well...
Vampy`s Soul 2

Bingo. But in some cases it's not. But in the case where someone does such and bascially flaunts the fact that they cut is a cry for attention and it's damn irritating. Tell her that, that people aren't going ot feel sorry for her if she makes a deal about it, it just shows she wants people to notice her, yet in a bad way.

I used to burn marks in my arm out of anger and I wouldn't let anyone know about it. I made excuses about where they came from. If that's the case with yuor friend, she needs some help. Tell her parents and suggest therapy. She may be upset at first but in the end she'll realize you just wanted her to be okay.
Mostly everyone think its downright scary, and yea it is. I rarely ever cut myself. Its only when I cant control my depression. whee

It mainley releives stress to most people, but it is dangerous. The blade can be unsanitery and you can get really infected, or if you cut yourself too much you loose alot of blood; then people will wonder why you look so pale. whee

If you cut yourself too much you can kill yourself, since you can get deseases faster.
Shempy
scream stare
it will leave marks for the rest of youre life
Cutting will lead to scarring, and I don't know if she really wants to have permanent reminders to the point in her life while she was cutting....
Ask her why she cuys herself in the first place, that could help also.

heart
Your friend is trying to block all the pain from the inside by causing pain on the outside, she thinks it will make her forget all the pain on the inside, talk to her, ask her why she does it, it will soon straighten her out, it's easier to talk to someone than to cut...
Shempy
thaats awful
dyingember43
Cutting will lead to scarring, and I don't know if she really wants to have permanent reminders to the point in her life while she was cutting....
Ask her why she cuys herself in the first place, that could help also.

heart

but if the person is not a dummy they will not cut so far i cut once but it is kinda unstresser it is like the stress flows out of u but i would never tell anyone to do it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff