Welcome to Gaia! ::

Almighty Toilet Plungerre
Tuxedo Avenger
"em·pa·thy
n.

1. Identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motives. See Synonyms at pity.
2. The attribution of one's own feelings to an object."

How is it a waste of emotion? If no one understood how others felt, how could anyone ever get along with anyone else? The world would be full of nothing but people who felt only for them selfs, and cared nothing for anyone else.

But I agree with the fact that Hot Topic is s**t.

Well, sure, I'll empathize with someone I care about.

But if I don't know you, and you don't affect me, I really couldn't care less.
Ah, well thats just a personal choice, nothing I can argue about there.
xxTriniteyxx
The world needs alot more empathy before there will be peace! I hope we all learn tolerance and empathy.
I consider myself a heavy optimist, but I'm not naive enough to think that there will ever be total peace (if, in fact, thats what you're referring to). People will always hate, and people will always kill eachother. Its just another sad fact of life.

Tipsy Genius

Tuxedo Avenger
From what I see in every day life, there IS a lot more tolerance. But a lot less empathy. Thats just what I see though.

And more than likely, we live in completely different parts of the world (even if only ten miles apart). I'm not trying to argue with personal experience or opinion, but as far as mine go I've seen much more empathy and tolerance than I would imagine existed thirty years ago.

As example, I'd say teachers have a lot more empathy than they used to.
I don't like when other people beat on others, verbally or physically. I do have empathy and I can become so bombarded by so many feelings it gets frustrating and tiring or even scary. I sometimes drowned in tears that aren't mine or anger that isn't mine. After all, can feel how the victim feels, but at the same time... I feel sometimes what the suspect feels.
That can sometimes be the scariest of all.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
Theres empqthy but if a person thinks thats its okay they think they dont need to feel empathetic...
Besides you need people who'll fight for human rights and drop kick those mean people

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Apathy is what happened to empathy.

I can be very empathetic. But I am also very apathetic...and in general, I have a great distaste for society as a whole. And I wish I could be optimistic and see the good in people, but it's hard for me.
That's funny because at my job, we get points taken off of our QA's for not showing empathy to our customers on a call...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff