Welcome to Gaia! ::

-cahiers-de-doleances-
I'm with an older man, he is my universe...
I think peoples hearts were in the right place, trying to save young people from predators..
But, I love my boyfriend, and I think its wrong that the law would keep us apart.
We're waiting for each other, and I'm almost 18, but, its still hard, having to wait.
It's like, I'm under 18, so I'm stupid and I can't choose who I love, but the day I turn 18, I'm all the sudden intelligent enough to do whatever I want.
It's stupid.
I think age can matter, in situations where theres a 9 year old girl being tricked by an older man
but in the case of a 16 year old and a 25 year old? No, I don't think it matters.
I think it matters sometimes--and I'm in the same boat you are. I'm 17, my boyfriend is 27. We've been dating for almost a year, and keep a running countdown until I turn 18 >.< Sometimes patience is hard.

Yeah, he's a little immature for his age, and most people think I'm 19 when they meet me--he certainly did. We even out in the middle. But I know people my age who couldn't handle the age difference... It's a sliding scale--were I 2-3 years younger, it would be way different.
I think that "age does'nt matter" heart
I think 20 year is to much of an age diffrence but I think 10 years is the limit for me. my bf is younger but I don't care at all..I just love him no matter what age <3..age is just a number..
My parents have a 7 year difference, however, I think a 10 year difference is stretching it.

Fashionable Gaian

Maturity matters. 3nodding
Maturity matters a bunch.

Age does not.

I'm 15, and my girlfriend is 17.
Not much of a difference.
The Jolly Glomper
-cahiers-de-doleances-
I'm with an older man, he is my universe...
I think peoples hearts were in the right place, trying to save young people from predators..
But, I love my boyfriend, and I think its wrong that the law would keep us apart.
We're waiting for each other, and I'm almost 18, but, its still hard, having to wait.
It's like, I'm under 18, so I'm stupid and I can't choose who I love, but the day I turn 18, I'm all the sudden intelligent enough to do whatever I want.
It's stupid.
I think age can matter, in situations where theres a 9 year old girl being tricked by an older man
but in the case of a 16 year old and a 25 year old? No, I don't think it matters.
I think it matters sometimes--and I'm in the same boat you are. I'm 17, my boyfriend is 27. We've been dating for almost a year, and keep a running countdown until I turn 18 >.< Sometimes patience is hard.

Yeah, he's a little immature for his age, and most people think I'm 19 when they meet me--he certainly did. We even out in the middle. But I know people my age who couldn't handle the age difference... It's a sliding scale--were I 2-3 years younger, it would be way different.

In my case, I'm more mature, I feel like I should be 20, and so, mentally I am at his level.
I believe that people should judge on a scale of maturity... But that will never happen, as the courts can't measure maturity.
beingsomeone101
maturity matters most..i think biggrin (not so much the age)

true

Friendly Member

7,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
I obviously don't think age is a problem. I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 29 and we live together, no problem.

I've always had an attraction to older guys. When I see my friends dealing with their boyfriends that are in their early 20s or younger...I just gag myself and thank God, I don't have to deal with the immature bs they pull out of their butts. xp Immaturity is a major turn off for me.

But, even though I like a mature guy, my boyfriend is still a kid at heart. wink
No it doesn't matter unless its a huge gap, especially for the maturity part.
I don't think it matters,My grandparents have five years between them. My Aunt and Uncle have somthing closer to 12, And then my boyfriend is almost a year younger then me.

7,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I think age should not matter. I went out with a girl that was 2 years older than me.
i dont think age matters, but chemistry and maturity matters more. I seriously think age is just a number, except if it's like a six-year-old dating a twenty-year-old, otherwise than that a five or six year difference isnt that bad. Currently I'm sort of dating a nineteen-year-old and I'm 14.

Savage Hellraiser

8,840 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Age does not have a big matter.

Long as it isn't inappropriate. Like with a child and the law and such. XD

I myself am eighteen, while my boyfriend is 30.
I'll be 19 this year and he'll be 31.

I've no care 'bout that! I love him with my whole being. I tell anyone that says something negative to this, to STFU, or GTFO.

[<3]
It doesn't matter much, unless it's like 30 years apart, LIKE WHOA. You know? xd

But I guess it depends on the couple and the maturity of the both of them. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces