Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
I have surgery on Wednesday. Getting a boob job at the grand old age of 17. I understand there are opinions on this, such as age, "omg her bobs are fake lets hate hurr" and reasoning.
My reasoning is valid - I'd qualify to have it free on the NHS if I were 18, meaning it does have a negative affect on me (I wear hoodies in the height of summer). I also have tubular breast, which makes them look very odd. It's a genetic deformity.
Seeing as a qualified doctor has agreed to go ahead at my age, I'd say there aren't really any problems with it.
Regarding people simply hating fake t*ts, well that's a general opinion but many guys I've met who I've spoken to about it say they wouldn't give a s**t if they were slightly off or felt a bit different.
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in, and I feel the Health + Fitness isn't right either.
I simply don't know how to prepare properly. I'm buying the right bra tomorrow, and pain meds will be provided to me but I'm not sure how to prepare mentally. I've had very intensive surgery before in 2010 so I'm no stranger to pain or recovery, but it was a period in my life I blanked out. That might've been me trying to forget the trauma, or it might've been the morphine.
I'm nervous, yet excited. The fact that this is an opt-in surgery is making it easier for me, seeing as I don't need it to save my life or fix physical pain like I have in the past.
How should I prepare for the nerves I'll feel on the way to hospital? The only experience I have with these things is extreme trauma. I had PTSD for a while after, but luckily I've moved on now that my spine has healed and has been healed for a few years.

Super Cyclops

Ignore the "hate fake boobs" bit. Vast majority of fake boobs haters stroke themselves to posters of photoshop'd chicks with fake hair, fake tan and FAKE BOOBS. So it's more of a "let's say so cos everyone sez so". If you feel doing this is what you really want then who am I to stop you.

Take heed though it can go horribly wrong but that counts for any surgery (people die at the dentist's). You can't really predict what can happen so worrying won't do you any good (and I know what I'm talking about, I worry over everything like it's my bloomin' hobby). So just take a few deep breaths and hope for the best. Good luck.

Newbie Noob

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Nuclear Muchacho
Ignore the "hate fake boobs" bit. Vast majority of fake boobs haters stroke themselves to posters of photoshop'd chicks with fake hair, fake tan and FAKE BOOBS. So it's more of a "let's say so cos everyone sez so". If you feel doing this is what you really want then who am I to stop you.

Take heed though it can go horribly wrong but that counts for any surgery (people die at the dentist's). You can't really predict what can happen so worrying won't do you any good (and I know what I'm talking about, I worry over everything like it's my bloomin' hobby). So just take a few deep breaths and hope for the best. Good luck.

Thanks a bunch. I don't think anything will go wrong, but I'm still really nervous. Once I'm done though, I won't be scared anymore. All I have to do is breathe in some gas.

Super Cyclops

Yeah, all worrying does is make you a hysteric wreck. So don't do it. Breath and count down from 100 and it'll all be fine.
To be honest, I would deprive myself of sleep the night before because when I sleep too much, I have the tendency of getting weird dreams and feeling more like crap when I wake up. Maybe you could do the same, like 5 hours of sleep, so that it's more natural when you go under... unless it states somewhere explicitly not to do that. I really don't know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff