Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does anyone know how to make a Japanese Rice ball? Can you tell me the recipe?
1. Cook sticky rice.
2. Mold rice into balls about the size of your fist.
3. Eat.
TheShamrocker
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=japanese+rice+ball+recipe&btnG=Google+Search

thank You! smile
alteredcarbon58
1. Cook sticky rice.
2. Mold rice into balls about the size of your fist.
3. Eat.

Thank You as well! smile
Just a tip for making rice balls since they don't always say it in the recipes; make sure you have a bowl of cold water with salt in it when you are making the rice balls. you can wet your hands so it keeps the rice from sticking and if the rice is still really hot it keeps your hands cool. although if you use to much salt you can taste it in the rice. It took me a few times to get them right the way I wanted them sweatdrop but good luck! theres lots of different recipes.
we like to make them using sweet rice ..
wow....i never thought about onigiri that much...... idea i'm inspired xd
RICE IS GROSS.
HERE IS HOW TO MAKE IT

1. COOK RICE
2. TAKE OUT p***s
3. j**z ON RICE
4. MOLD RICE INTO BALLS
5 ????????
6. PROFIT
winter_sage
Just a tip for making rice balls since they don't always say it in the recipes; make sure you have a bowl of cold water with salt in it when you are making the rice balls. you can wet your hands so it keeps the rice from sticking and if the rice is still really hot it keeps your hands cool. although if you use to much salt you can taste it in the rice. It took me a few times to get them right the way I wanted them sweatdrop but good luck! theres lots of different recipes.

Thank You! I appreciate it! smile
I've got a Japanese cuisine book that says you need white vinegar in the rice so it won't stick together.

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
lols i never knew you actually needed directions to make riceballs aka onigiri. rofl you just mold rice together into a triangular or ball shape and add whatever you want inside and shake some salt on it. if you like seaweed add that to wrap it up.
sticky rice, mold with hands to desired shape... add a fruit or something inside it...and add the little piece of seaweed on the bottom to hold it all together.
Kirei-Hayashi
I've got a Japanese cuisine book that says you need white vinegar in the rice so it won't stick together.

O.O I would love to know who wrote that book because rice balls NEED to stick together or else it'll fall apart.
I think I will be making this for lunch today!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff