Welcome to Gaia! ::

I mean, right now women have the option to leave their baby at a firestation, hospital, etc (The safe haven laws vary depending on state). So technically we do sort of have a "baby box" system in place.
That's just sick.

Fashionable Hunter

Petrosoap
this is one of those things that makes me so uncomfortable.
i understand that some women might be in some drastic circumstances
but i could never imagine giving up my baby voluntarily. no way.

Another article mentioned that baby boxes weren't perfect because sometimes the baby isn't given up voluntarily.
Hospitals here in canada do have them, and they save lives. Ther are plenty of unstable mothers out there who end up killing their infants, and this gives them an 'out' of motherhood without actually killing the kid.

So yes I think they're a good idea, though I'd never use one. (Hopefully I never end up dealing with mental illness)

Dangerous Regular

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Several states in the USA have 'Safe Haven Laws', which is a similar concept. The Safe Haven locations are places that a parent can leave their baby or child at if they no longer want (or can) to care for the child, so they don't have to leave them somewhere dangerous. All safe haven spots have signs , to ensure the child is found and gets care needed.

Star

No...that's heartbreaking.

Fashionable Hunter

Delavie
No...that's heartbreaking.

I mean yeah. Reality kind of sucks sometimes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff