Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

:]

<3 1 100.0% [ 115 ]
Total Votes:[ 115 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

i am to only tell them if you feel you can
sounds like you pretty much have their reactions figured out...not so good reactions.
I think i would keep it in the closet until I was out on my own? Just my opinion.

Dapper Man-Lover

Just tell them.

If your parents and siblings love you, they'll get over it.

Just make sure that you're in a situation where you don't depend on them for a roof over your head or financial stabilization, just in case they prove to be horrible parents/siblings and toss you to the curb.

3nodding
Stay in the closet. Mormons hate easily, i know from expirience.
i agree wait til ur 18 and i told my mom 2 years ago and ive been a lesbian all my life and now my family maked fun of me but i dont care anymore
i geuss you should just tell'm...if they ove you then they'll accept it......
but never-the-less.....ugh nevermind....good luck

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
Honestly, I would wait until you move out and have a stable living area. Then tell them on a non-holiday

There's too much tension possibilities if you tell them when you still live with them or end up needing to go back home for a while.
Why mention it at all? In my head it's not something that needs to be said. You're not looking for one of them to have sex with, so why even waste the time?

If you do, though, follow what the other people have told you. Wait until you're living on your own, not being supported by them at all (so they can't kick you out and ******** you over).

And might as well make it a public place. You never know when these things are going to turn violent.
just be yourself. and be honest
Don't tell them. It is none of their business, and it's not worth risking your stability over.
mormon? oh dear, I was mormon once.
if you feel your safety is at risk, then I suggest you wait until you move out to tell them.
just try to explain that you're still the same sweet daughter/sister as you've always been, but you just happen to not find males sexually attractive. say you prayed about it and you know that god still loves you just as much. if they react badly, tell them that they're being hypocrites if they sing "love one another" almost every single sunday and yet they're hating their own daughter for something as minuscule as your sexual preference.
the bible and book of mormon says not to eat pork, not to shave, to become a jew BEFORE they can become christian, that owning slaves is ok, that having multiple wives is ok. if you choose to live by the bible and the book of mormon's standards, you cannot pick and choose what to follow. the LDS church gave up polygamy because they say "it was ok back then but not now" then why can't you also say that "being gay was bad back then but not now"?
I've noticed that the LDS church "adapts" every time society gets angry at one of their beliefs.
see I'm bisexual...kinda the same kinda not.... anyways I TRIED to tell my parents...v-v yeah it didn't work. my mom's a homophobic so she freaked and my dad refused it...only my sister believed me so since then the only people who know are my friends and my girlfriend and my teachers...(the found my poetry xD) so yeah i say if you tell them take precautions!!!
heart
tell them and hope they are understanding
or wait until you are older and tell them over the phone so you don't have to be there in person
Koji_magyar
mormon? oh dear, I was mormon once.
if you feel your safety is at risk, then I suggest you wait until you move out to tell them.
just try to explain that you're still the same sweet daughter/sister as you've always been, but you just happen to not find males sexually attractive. say you prayed about it and you know that god still loves you just as much. if they react badly, tell them that they're being hypocrites if they sing "love one another" almost every single sunday and yet they're hating their own daughter for something as minuscule as your sexual preference.
the bible and book of mormon says not to eat pork, not to shave, to become a jew BEFORE they can become christian, that owning slaves is ok, that having multiple wives is ok. if you choose to live by the bible and the book of mormon's standards, you cannot pick and choose what to follow. the LDS church gave up polygamy because they say "it was ok back then but not now" then why can't you also say that "being gay was bad back then but not now"?
I've noticed that the LDS church "adapts" every time society gets angry at one of their beliefs.

Since me and Kim have been dating for 3 years i have adapted to the Mormon ways and i know everything to say and not to. But, it's like i'm a fake person...on the outside because i love Kim so much and i want us to be together so i play the game for her parents. My parents are atheist, so there's no real problem with that, but they are racist and homophobic. Once Kim turns 18 we're going to move and she's going to get out of the church once and for all. She hasn't gone since she was 14, but her parents feel that once she's in her 20's she's go back to god....bhaha. Mormons are nutty. ><
Oh wow you're lesbian no, one ******** cares. Why do idiots post their stupid s**t in the LFSD forum. Solve your own problems if you aren't that clueless. I'm tired of seeing these type of threads.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff