Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Ghosty Pie
My organizing is just throwing things out. I do a lot of ebay selling, trying to get rid of basically everything, except things I need and clothing.

No silly stuff.
I get ya. I really need to go through some of my stuff and find what I can throw out/give away. smile

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Mikaino
I don't bother decorating crap right now. When you live in your parent's basement.. you just don't care. XD We're moving out after the new year, and I've got a few things made, and bought, that are in the garage. I want to make sure I have *EVERYTHING* when we move. We lost quite a bit in our last move, we only were able to make 2 trips.. :/ So lost about half of our belongings.
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. It always sucks to lose things important to you. sad
I hope the new move goes well, though. heart

Invisible Conversationalist

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
In the year and half we've own this house we've painted two bedrooms a nice neutral shade, took out the pink carpet in one of the upstairs bedrooms and moved the cat tree to the window. On and I had him put three vases up on a weird alcove thingy by the ceiling. The most decorated room in the house is the computer room because he finally wore me down about putting p his ICP posters and then a couple more posters. I'm just glad he's weird about posters and had the framed so at least they look nice for pieces of paper that creeps out our zombie and Jurassic park loving niece.

On of these days we're changing the lavender paint in the upstairs bathroom, the orange-red in the downstairs bathroom, doing something about the half blue half yellow in the basement living room and those colours make the white of the rest of the basement just plain creepy. Two bedrooms and a hallway just white. But she painted the bathroom an orange-red hue only found in a crayon box. Maybe we'll do something about the blue paint in the top of the kitchen that use to match four of the five walls in the bedroom before we redid it. That last wall in the bedroom, green. Why? I have no ******** idea, the lady was crazy.

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
LilPinkCandy

User Image
Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?

Last summer we started digging to make a patio but everyone just got lazy and then this summer it was too hot for everyone so its still a hole. My bf and his dad were supposed to build a swing and it never got done. I think my bf's mom wants other stuff done as well. None of it really ever gets done. My bf wants to see if a garage apartment could be built but I don't have a whole lot of faith that it would actually get completed... unless people are hired. By the time my bf and his dad get home from work no one feels like doing anything.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Yeah... there are always those big projects that seem to pile up on us when no one's working on them. I'd suggest hiring someone if you really don't see it happening by yourselves.

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Jars of Sand
I lived in an apartment where you could paint the color of the walls if you wanted.

Ideas for you: Curtain rod with curtains, air fresheners, lamp lighting, christmas lights, black light, carpet rug.
Oh lucky!
I actually have curtains on a rod over the windows that go from my living room to the balcony. I was going to look for some nice colored curtains to liven it up a bit, because right now they're a dull sort of brown color. Boring.
What's a carpet rug?

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Feminist Barbie
In the year and half we've own this house we've painted two bedrooms a nice neutral shade, took out the pink carpet in one of the upstairs bedrooms and moved the cat tree to the window. On and I had him put three vases up on a weird alcove thingy by the ceiling. The most decorated room in the house is the computer room because he finally wore me down about putting p his ICP posters and then a couple more posters. I'm just glad he's weird about posters and had the framed so at least they look nice for pieces of paper that creeps out our zombie and Jurassic park loving niece.

On of these days we're changing the lavender paint in the upstairs bathroom, the orange-red in the downstairs bathroom, doing something about the half blue half yellow in the basement living room and those colours make the white of the rest of the basement just plain creepy. Two bedrooms and a hallway just white. But she painted the bathroom an orange-red hue only found in a crayon box. Maybe we'll do something about the blue paint in the top of the kitchen that use to match four of the five walls in the bedroom before we redid it. That last wall in the bedroom, green. Why? I have no ******** idea, the lady was crazy.
That's cool, if I were to paint the walls in my apartment I'd probably go for a nice calm green. The walls are kind of a yellowy white right now... and it bugs me. *sigh*
Oh. My. God.
My ENTIRE summer was fixing up my and my boyfriend's new townhome.
-The toilet in the bathroom upstairs was sinking through the floor. Tore up the tile (planned to do so, anyway), cut out the rotting plywood, replaced it with new plywood, got a new flange (sp?), re-tiled the floor, and put the toilet back.
-The shower also had a really shitty shower surround that was glued on top of tile. Cut the tile out, put in a new surround, replaced the drywall that was cut out, and got a new faucet.
-The flooring was already out of the upstairs (bi-level), so we didn't have to worry about that. We put in wood laminate ourselves, and had carpet put in the bedrooms.
-Speaking of the bedrooms! When we bought the place, it was a 3 bedroom. The master and second bedroom were RIDICULOUSLY small, so we knocked down a couple of walls, covered the doorway we no longer needed, and installed a ceiling fan! We now have a 2 bedroom.
-The paint in this place was absolutely atrocious. In the now larger master bedroom, the paint was coming off the walls in sheets. It wasn't moisture in the walls, at least, just years of shitty a** paint layered over and over itself. Some paint was coming down in the living room, so we took down what came off, and cleaned up to edges to re-paint.
-The kitchen and upstairs bathroom were both painted-over wallpaper, so I had to strip the wallpaper. It was actually harder than the paint. gonk
-The stairs were previously carpeted, and the risers are made of particle board. We want to switch to wood stairs because going from wood laminate to carpet to tile would be silly. So we're ripping out the stairs and replacing them.
-ALL the baseboards were just...disgusting. We ripped them all out and I'm in the process of staining them.
-We completely replaced the cabinets in the kitchen as well as the flooring. There was vinyl tile through the ages, let me tell you. It was basically 2000's wood laminate over 90's vinyl over 80's vinyl over 70's vinyl. xD So we ripped it all out and replaced it was a nice tile floor.
-Previous owners had painted the doors atrocious colors, so we replaced all of them too. In fact, the only doors we aren't replacing are the foyer closet door and the front door.
-The third (now second) bedroom had no light, so we installed one.
-The windows are all pretty crappy and two (of three) sliding glass doors need to be replaced.
-Next summer! We will be fixing up the fence, our backyard, and the little garden area out front.

A bit of staining, the stairs, painting the downstairs and downstairs bathroom, painting the doors (they're primed, I'm just doing an off white.), replacing the garage door opener (we have it, just need to install it) are all that's left for this year until the summer.
Edit: Oh! We also bought THE CUTEST curtain rods, and need to pick out curtains.

emotion_c8

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
kt kawaii
Feminist Barbie

That's cool, if I were to paint the walls in my apartment I'd probably go for a nice calm green. The walls are kind of a yellowy white right now... and it bugs me. *sigh*

The weird part about the green wall was that it was so close in colour we didn't even notice until a couple months in. Of course after we noticed it really stood out.

We're not keeping this place though so there will be no wacky colours. Neutral colours are better for reselling a house.

I hope we get the acreage outside of town that we want. It's the boyfriend old family farm that they sold when he was like 11 or something. Well over a 100 years old for the main part, rock foundation and made from the timbers they fell on that very land.

The only thing the current owners have down is updated a bathroom, painted a couple walls and changed the type of flooring for part of the house. The carpet on the stairs are the same ones from when he was a kid. So it'll be nice to get to play with that. I'm thinking of getting some exposed beams put in the ceiling. And other then making the room useable, I don't want to touch the old master bedroom. I want it to be a nursery so badly.

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Grandiloquence
Oh. My. God.
My ENTIRE summer was fixing up my and my boyfriend's new townhome.
-The toilet in the bathroom upstairs was sinking through the floor. Tore up the tile (planned to do so, anyway), cut out the rotting plywood, replaced it with new plywood, got a new flange (sp?), re-tiled the floor, and put the toilet back.
-The shower also had a really shitty shower surround that was glued on top of tile. Cut the tile out, put in a new surround, replaced the drywall that was cut out, and got a new faucet.
-The flooring was already out of the upstairs (bi-level), so we didn't have to worry about that. We put in wood laminate ourselves, and had carpet put in the bedrooms.
-Speaking of the bedrooms! When we bought the place, it was a 3 bedroom. The master and second bedroom were RIDICULOUSLY small, so we knocked down a couple of walls, covered the doorway we no longer needed, and installed a ceiling fan! We now have a 2 bedroom.
-The paint in this place was absolutely atrocious. In the now larger master bedroom, the paint was coming off the walls in sheets. It wasn't moisture in the walls, at least, just years of shitty a** paint layered over and over itself. Some paint was coming down in the living room, so we took down what came off, and cleaned up to edges to re-paint.
-The kitchen and upstairs bathroom were both painted-over wallpaper, so I had to strip the wallpaper. It was actually harder than the paint. gonk
-The stairs were previously carpeted, and the risers are made of particle board. We want to switch to wood stairs because going from wood laminate to carpet to tile would be silly. So we're ripping out the stairs and replacing them.
-ALL the baseboards were just...disgusting. We ripped them all out and I'm in the process of staining them.
-We completely replaced the cabinets in the kitchen as well as the flooring. There was vinyl tile through the ages, let me tell you. It was basically 2000's wood laminate over 90's vinyl over 80's vinyl over 70's vinyl. xD So we ripped it all out and replaced it was a nice tile floor.
-Previous owners had painted the doors atrocious colors, so we replaced all of them too. In fact, the only doors we aren't replacing are the foyer closet door and the front door.
-The third (now second) bedroom had no light, so we installed one.
-The windows are all pretty crappy and two (of three) sliding glass doors need to be replaced.
-Next summer! We will be fixing up the fence, our backyard, and the little garden area out front.

A bit of staining, the stairs, painting the downstairs and downstairs bathroom, painting the doors (they're primed, I'm just doing an off white.), replacing the garage door opener (we have it, just need to install it) are all that's left for this year until the summer.
Edit: Oh! We also bought THE CUTEST curtain rods, and need to pick out curtains.

emotion_c8
Wow! Sounds like you had your work cut out for you. xD
I need to install a light in my bedroom somehow, in a non-permanent way so I don't get in trouble with the landlord. All there is in there is a small lamp by my bed, and it really doesn't do much to light up the room. I also need to install a doorbell because I can't hear anyone knocking if I'm in the bedroom. *sigh* xD

Friendly Fairy

11,500 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
Feminist Barbie
kt kawaii
Feminist Barbie

The weird part about the green wall was that it was so close in colour we didn't even notice until a couple months in. Of course after we noticed it really stood out.

We're not keeping this place though so there will be no wacky colours. Neutral colours are better for reselling a house.

I hope we get the acreage outside of town that we want. It's the boyfriend old family farm that they sold when he was like 11 or something. Well over a 100 years old for the main part, rock foundation and made from the timbers they fell on that very land.

The only thing the current owners have down is updated a bathroom, painted a couple walls and changed the type of flooring for part of the house. The carpet on the stairs are the same ones from when he was a kid. So it'll be nice to get to play with that. I'm thinking of getting some exposed beams put in the ceiling. And other then making the room useable, I don't want to touch the old master bedroom. I want it to be a nursery so badly.
Aww, that is so sweet! I really hope you do get that place. smile

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
kt kawaii
Feminist Barbie
kt kawaii
Feminist Barbie

Aww, that is so sweet! I really hope you do get that place. smile

Ditto on that.

So what's it like renting?

King Cutie-Pie

kt kawaii
No I haven't, Amaimon. Great cosplay btw. ^^
It looks interesting, I like the before and afters. :3
Ooo! Do post the pictures heart
            x
            Oh, thank you~ emotion_kirakira
            I spent an entire night in the DIY section once. Uuugh, so many things I want to do.

Will do! wink
I painted some rooms a different color.

Fashionable Shopper

kt kawaii
LilPinkCandy

User Image

Last summer we started digging to make a patio but everyone just got lazy and then this summer it was too hot for everyone so its still a hole. My bf and his dad were supposed to build a swing and it never got done. I think my bf's mom wants other stuff done as well. None of it really ever gets done. My bf wants to see if a garage apartment could be built but I don't have a whole lot of faith that it would actually get completed... unless people are hired. By the time my bf and his dad get home from work no one feels like doing anything.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Yeah... there are always those big projects that seem to pile up on us when no one's working on them. I'd suggest hiring someone if you really don't see it happening by yourselves.

User Image

Unless the decision to make the apartment comes to be and it is decided to hire someone I do not see them hiring anyone to finish stuff. My bf's mom got my boyfriend's old broken desk because she didn't want to buy one. My bf is going to ask his dad when it gets nicer if someone can be hired to knock down the garage and build one with an apartment, then while they are at it finish the patio and replace the door to the basement since its rotting and can only be opened from the inside. Who knows. I'll believe it when I see men working on it that aren't family though. I feel bad for my bf's step grandpa. Two summer's ago he came with a large vehicle to help dig it out and absolutely nothing got one on the patio. Nothing.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

kt kawaii
Dolce Rogue
I wanna buy an apartment and decorate it the way I wan it to. It's gonna be expensive, though.
It really depends what kind of apartment you get and what kind of things you get to decorate. When you look for a place to rent, it's always cheaper if you find one with a roommate or just rent a room in a house. But that way the whole place isn't yours, so if you're looking to have your own place it might be a little more pricey.

I want an apartment in the city. Minimalist style.
So yeah I just... I think it'll be expensive. I don't want any roommates either.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff