Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, lately I had been considering this and well I wanted to get some feedback on it. I just want to get a small diamond stud. So things to discuss

-Does it hurt?
-If so what kind of pain? Mild-horrible?
-Does it get infected easily?
-Personal Experiences
1) yes it hurts, it actually hurt more than having my lip pierced, however it is not unbearable or anything. It just hurts more because it is tougher skin than say soft flesh like a lip or eyebrow

2) it doesn't get infected anymore than any other piercing. Avoid getting a stud at first, the safest and easiest to keep clean is a small ring to start with and then switch to a stud as soon as it is healed. A hoop can be spun to clean out the hole.
ambivilantmoon
1) yes it hurts, it actually hurt more than having my lip pierced, however it is not unbearable or anything. It just hurts more because it is tougher skin than say soft flesh like a lip or eyebrow

2) it doesn't get infected anymore than any other piercing. Avoid getting a stud at first, the safest and easiest to keep clean is a small ring to start with and then switch to a stud as soon as it is healed. A hoop can be spun to clean out the hole.

The reason it hurts so bad, and that your eyes water, is because its so close to the nasal lacriminal gland, which is connected to the tear ducts.

I have my septum and nostril, the nostril made me cry...But only because of the gland.
And mine gets infected a lot, cause i always pull on it accidentally..
I'm thinking about getting one too. surprised
I'd love to hear people's advice.
ambivilantmoon

I've always heard the ring wasn't the best to use because it collected bacteria and spinning isn't a good idea.
My friend was telling me [because im considering getting my nose done as well] that the only part that really hurts is the bending of the jewlery inside the nose.
I'm mainly interested in getting a stud anyway. My mom on the other hand isn't so fond of the idea, which could be a problem because I need her to sign a slip. Of course my dad doesn't mind, my mom is freaked about it because of the infection. Which is really stupid because, all piercing can get infected.
Well... I went back and got the other side done, so I don't think that pain was intollerable.

As long as the piercer is experienced it should go by quickly and with out much pain. I've heard that the after pain was worse then the actual piercing pain. But I disagree, I didn't feel after pain.

Everyone has a different pain threshold, you'll just have to discover yours yourself.

Devoted Lunatic

Yes, it's going to be a slight pain but its tolerable.
When I got my nose pierced, the woman told me to breathe in, then out.
Thats when she stuck the nose ring in.
The pain is only for 3o seconds and thats it.
Actually, my nose ring hurted more than my monroe piercing, which didn't hurt at all.
Stay calm and get that wonderful piercing <3
eh i hate perciengs
oh... i like pierces
The pain's not so bad, it's only a minor jolt when it gets done and bit of stinging afterwards.

Your eyes will no doubt water though, I know mine did even though I hadn't wanted it to lol

Like all piercings, treat and clean it properly then it should heal up nicely smile

Though my own personal experience- when it comes to piercings make sure you don't go for a piercing with a smaller gauge. I stupidly stayed with a nose stud that was smaller than a 1mm gauge and found I couldn't get hold of any decent piercings the same size where I live. So when I actually got a 1mm-1.2mm stud and ring it was painful as sin to stretch the hole so it would go through gonk

Though I gotta say I'm glad I did it in the end- it looks spiffy heart
it doesnt hurt, my friends and i have a piercing party like every summer.though if it is yur 1st piercing you could get dizzy
It hurts like an earring and I had no infection at all.

It does hurt, IMO, to put it back in if it falls out.
That was what ultimately made me just take it out permanently.
It hurt just as much as the cartiledge of the ear because thats what it is.

Most people get teary.

Because well, thats highly sensitive area.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff