Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cute Girl

Sooo, I just graduated from high school two months ago and this is like my first time hearing about linkedin

Does anyone use it? And is it really helpful?
Do profile views actually affect anything?

Sorry, I'm just really curious, and I really want to start gaining profile views if it actually matters
D:

Pls halp. thx

Cute Girl

pls help me ppl

Cute Girl

my future is at risk

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Your future probably isn't at risk.

Cute Girl

Raven Winter

✿ ✿ ✿

ARE YOU THE ANSWERS TO MY WORRIES?! emotion_hug

What's the point of having a linkedin profile when all you've accomplished is graduating high school.

Congratulations, you've done something most people in 1st world countries have done (where I'm assuming you live).

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
kiyowo
Raven Winter

✿ ✿ ✿

No, I'm just a pirate stumbling through the internet.

Cute Girl

GoneCrazyResurrected
What's the point of having a linkedin profile when all you've accomplished is graduating high school.

Congratulations, you've done something most people in 1st world countries have done (where I'm assuming you live).

✿ ✿ ✿
Thanks, it's still an accomplishment to me despite of how common it is.

And hey!! Graduating high school isn't the only thing I've accomplished. I just mentioned it in my post lol.

I'm going to uni in the fall and will need to find internships/jobs, so yup!
Just interested in linkedin since i just discovered it

Cute Girl

Raven Winter
kiyowo
Raven Winter

✿ ✿ ✿

No, I'm just a pirate stumbling through the internet.

✿ ✿ ✿
aw okie, aye aye captain ~

Buggy Glitch

I got contacted by a Microsoft Recruiter through it. I just created it since graduating University. It might be location and field dependent for how useful it is.

Newbie Businesswoman

13,350 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Autobiographer 200
        I'm bumping this up?
        OOPS.

I USE IT LOL

✖✖ Sinnto
it's a good way to hang on to your professional references, imo.
i use it. a lot of my friends use it.
my sister doesn't because she thinks it's too public.

i don't really care about profile views. it's more for networking, for me.
I use Linkedin. I'm an engineering student and I follow a bunch of potential employers so that I can keep track of internships and co-ops to apply for. If you're looking for a job in a technical field it can be pretty helpful (my friend is a software engineering and to apply to work for google she needed a Linkedin account) but if you just graduated then I wouldn't worry about it.

Anxious Prophet

I have one but haven't used it in a while.

Dainty Doll

I use it, and I would definitely say it's useful to get a good profile on there if you can. I tend to get contacted by someone expressing a professional interest once every 1-2 weeks or so- not straight-up solid job offers or anything, just preliminary testing the waters, seeing if I'm available etc.

But that generally happens more if you've got experience, rather than a high school graduate.
For now I'd recommend getting a full profile up on there, and adding anything relevant to it as you go- even if it's stuff you do for free or on a volunteer basis, as long as it's relevant to your career ambitions.

ETA: Oh, and don't go through adding just anybody, like old highschool friends you've never even worked with. Save that for Facebook- use your Linked In for professional connections only.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff