Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well she told me that when i was like 2 i used too watch emril (on food network) and ever scince the if u give ma kitchen and some food i would cook all day long sometimes when she was sick (i was very little at the time)i would make dinner and u dont want to no wat it looked like!

soo did u guys do the same thing if so tell plz also can u tell cooking disasters?plz and thank you!
I burnt a bag of popcorn when I was about 4, and I was pretty discouraged from cooking after then.
No Improvement
I burnt a bag of popcorn when I was about 4, and I was pretty discouraged from cooking after then.
how do u burn popcorn?!
I have been a fan of cooking for along time. I really enjoy Thanksgiving for that reason because I get to help prepare the meal. And that leads to the disaster.
This past Thankgiving, I was preparing to take the turkey out of the oven. I open the door and start to pull the bird out when I noticed that the bag that keeps the turkey and all of the turkey goodness inside was hanging over the edge of turkey pan. Long story short, the bag ruptures and turkey juice spills everywhere. And it was HOT burning_eyes
Straken Lord Riverine
I have been a fan of cooking for along time. I really enjoy Thanksgiving for that reason because I get to help prepare the meal. And that leads to the disaster.
This past Thankgiving, I was preparing to take the turkey out of the oven. I open the door and start to pull the bird out when I noticed that the bag that keeps the turkey and all of the turkey goodness inside was hanging over the edge of turkey pan. Long story short, the bag ruptures and turkey juice spills everywhere. And it was HOT burning_eyes
that reminds me one time me and my mom were making steak and well lets say it ended in flames!
When I was about 12-ish, I tried baking Chocolate Chip Cookies when my mom wasn't here. They ended up rock hard. crying
I'v loved cooking since I was able to walk. I really haven't had any major disasters that coulden't be fixed. In Culinary Arts classes I'v taken the teams I'v led messed up afew times by burning stuff, throwing away ingredients, etc. Normally there is a solution for every problem.
Well, a couple hours ago my father was making pork chops. They were in the oven on a glass dish and the dish exploded from extreme heat. The noise unfortunetly awoke me from my peaceful slumber.
a kitchen explotion
Well..
I had wanted to make myself a good old fashion "Carrot Cake"
It had started off pretty well at first while everything was there
The recipe was in front of me
The only thing is that when it came to putting some of the dry ingredients
I put the wrong dough and mixed it up with another powder
Which I thought to still have it bake

I heard that apparently
At a certain degrees.
It could have actually "exploded" from the ingredients not being in at the right spots and should have placed this powder (icing sugar I'm sure) over for the
well
Icing?
So then it came out crispy on the outside
And the outside was still all soft and ruined.

Would have been so kewl if it'd explode though?
xD
I bernt down my easy bake oven... and well a mini exploshion happened to...only after like 13 houers of haveing it.
One time a coule of years ago, I was making peach cobbler.
But we sort of didn't have peaches so I used gala apples.
And we also were out of milk so I couldn't make the crust.
So instead of using mil I used apple juice.
I thought it would be okay since i was making apple cobbler.
It didn't turn out so great.
My parents got mad at me.
It was hilarious.
Anyway I would not recommend substituting ingredienst.
Unless you know exactly what youre doing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff