Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainplace
Warlord Nazdreg
Save the earth eat an vegetarian.

No but really, meat is human nature to eat, we are predators.

Yes, we are meat eaters by nature. And I would periodically eat meat if here in the US we practiced more environmental friendly farming practices. As a nation, we eat more meat than we should, and not only are our farming practices horrid to the environment, they are inhumane as well.
not American ^^ but mostly anywhere in the world it is the same, thus i see to my own health before animals. such as i see to my own health before yours, so better hope we aren't starving together some time.
i'm vegetarian and there is some lovely veggie food out there. I make up meals and freeze them then when i cook it i add quorn or tofu. biggrin
sorry but no... meat gives meh protein! I don't eat alot of meat but I can't say no to bacon and ham xp and yea I know its sad to think of killing animals... but hey animals kill other animals so why cant humans? although overkilling is really bad no matter what
Lentils and other whole food has protein in, not just meat. Alot of vegetarians are really pale becouse they don't eat the right stuff.
icelandruler
sorry but no... meat gives meh protein! I don't eat alot of meat but I can't say no to bacon and ham xp and yea I know its sad to think of killing animals... but hey animals kill other animals so why cant humans? although overkilling is really bad no matter what

Really, i'm a wierd vegetarian. I'm strict about not eatting meat and everything, because i don't like animals being slaugtered, and i just don't like meat and never really have.
but i think it's unfair for people who eat meat, to have well let's say "crazy" vegetarians who want to distroy people who eat meat.

i don't shove my oppinions down peoples throats.
but i agree about overkill (Y)
crash-hearts
Lentils and other whole food has protein in, not just meat. Alot of vegetarians are really pale becouse they don't eat the right stuff.

They actually tested me to make sure i wasn't aenemic!
but it's okay, i'm just naturaly pale.
even though i have a good vegetarian diet.
Ish... Not really. I scarcely eat meat like less than once a month. This is in part because of limitations on vegetarian meal options, Most vegetarian meals in restraunts are exactly the same as meat ones except meat is substituted for mushrooms.

Hate mushrooms... v_v how can you eat something so ambiguous in it's own physiology, Like a plant insect fusion dammit they are full of animal type proteins.

Mainly I am simply because I want to appreciate it when I do eat meat not for any specific moral or political reason instead of just eating it cuz it's there it makes me smell bad honestly.

And no you don't have to eat meat to have a balanced diet Americans and Europeans and there oh so precious scarcer and scarcer vanishing proteins are a myth. unless you intentionally sabotage your diet you won't be deficient EVER on protein
Where do you think animals got there "proteins" from eh? Iron loss is actually abit of an issue but can be accounted for.

I do personally enjoy heckling my friends who are real political/moral vegetarians with awkward questions because "Morally speaking" Typically is a synonym for "Speaking out of my a** for a second"

1: How can you justify not eating the animal kingdom yet you have no problem eating kingdom FUNGI!! o_o It's half animal and half plant... surely too risky... They have Chitin just like insects! And digestive enzymes just like insects. And there excretions are all mixed up... Organic acid... similar to an animals but a plant like twist.

If your fine with fungi... What about the ones that move and crawl about the floor... Oh they do exist.

2: Do you have qualms about eating invertebrates? Would you eat a Queen termite say? What about a prawn? What about a small spider that's in the bit of salad you just ate?

3: Ok fine. But I must ask you... Do you have a problem eating a carnivorous plant that eats animals?

These are all questions I extend to vegetarians on this forum now.
I'm a pesco-vegetarian.
I eat teh fishies but not the land- and air-critters.
I could never give up my sushi.
And I still eat dairy products. Mm, cheese.
No, but I don't eat red meat or pork-only poultry. I used to be a veggie, but it makes me diet particularly difficult.
Y34RZ3R0B4BY
I'm a pesco-vegetarian.

I never understood that you hate farm reared animals that are farmed in a sustainable manner and usually have a good life at the hands of humanity until they die but your utterly fine with driving wild species that has lived apart from humanity all it's life into extinction via overfishing.

I'm pretty sure Pesco-vegetarianism isn't thought of as a real form of vegetarianism.
Darkphantom
Ish... Not really. I scarcely eat meat like less than once a month. This is in part because of limitations on vegetarian meal options, Most vegetarian meals in restraunts are exactly the same as meat ones except meat is substituted for mushrooms.

Hate mushrooms... v_v how can you eat something so ambiguous in it's own physiology, Like a plant insect fusion dammit they are full of animal type proteins.

Mainly I am simply because I want to appreciate it when I do eat meat not for any specific moral or political reason instead of just eating it cuz it's there it makes me smell bad honestly.

And no you don't have to eat meat to have a balanced diet Americans and Europeans and there oh so precious scarcer and scarcer vanishing proteins are a myth. unless you intentionally sabotage your diet you won't be deficient EVER on protein
Where do you think animals got there "proteins" from eh? Iron loss is actually abit of an issue but can be accounted for.

I do personally enjoy heckling my friends who are real political/moral vegetarians with awkward questions because "Morally speaking" Typically is a synonym for "Speaking out of my a** for a second"

1: How can you justify not eating the animal kingdom yet you have no problem eating kingdom FUNGI!! o_o It's half animal and half plant... surely too risky... They have Chitin just like insects! And digestive enzymes just like insects. And there excretions are all mixed up... Organic acid... similar to an animals but a plant like twist.

If your fine with fungi... What about the ones that move and crawl about the floor... Oh they do exist.

2: Do you have qualms about eating invertebrates? Would you eat a Queen termite say? What about a prawn? What about a small spider that's in the bit of salad you just ate?

3: Ok fine. But I must ask you... Do you have a problem eating a carnivorous plant that eats animals?

These are all questions I extend to vegetarians on this forum now.

I like these questions, i must admit.

How can i justify not eatting the animal kingdom?
Simple, as i am a person who was born to have my own views on what i eat and how i live, i can decied wether i want to eat the animal kingdom or not, therefor i chose not to.
1. i have never liked the taste of meat
2. I only ever ate fish & chicken as a young child
3. i have seen animal's slaughtered, and i just didn't fancy eatting one okay?

So how do i justify eatting fungi?
that is such a wierd question i mean how can i justify that? in fact it's quite simple.
since i have never heard a carrot wince in pain when i cut it, i haven't thought twice about stopping halfway cutting though a carrot not to say that anyone can prove that vegetables have feelings, i mean really have you ever heard it wince in pain? no you haven't. But lets say if it was a animal, and animal such as a pig who has just given birth to some pigglets. I would think twice, animals don't have a way of calling out for help do they? therefor i can decied there i then weather i wanted to club the pig, electrocute it and then slaughter it.
So, being a person with morals i decied "i don't want to eat animals," it's simple.

I like the fact that your fighting for fungi rights, but you see i'm not hear to fight animal rights.
alot of people choose to eat meat, and alot of people don't choose to.
i therefor will not force my oppinions down someones throat because that really wicks me off.

Plants are tottaly different to animals, plants provide for animals, and animals provide for other animals.

i made a choice about not being in that chain because i am a human who has a brain and i can decied what i want to do, and what i don't want to do.

yes i'm veggie
could never be vegan though as i love cheese and chocolate and don't really see the point
i am not one but my aunt is and some people i know are. wink
I am intruly a vegetarian.To tell the truth how can people stand eating stuff like chicken,pig,cow,lamb etc.I just thing it's sad because if i were that animal i don't think i would really want to be eaten.If there is someone out there that actually would'nt care about being eaten up your messed up. xp I don't even eat vegetarian pizza since like how can you trust a stranger they can put one piece of meat in there and no one would notice xd .But still i believe eating animals is cruelty but that is just what I believe.If you like to eat stuff off poor defenceless animals thats fine with me. ._. I just put what I think and what I agree with so yeah... x3

Tipsy Kitten

Yes, not vegan though, I like eggs and milk. I don't believe that eating eggs is killing an animal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff