Welcome to Gaia! ::

I say "Merry Christmas", and I'm not even religious. ^-^
Blitzkrieg Beauty
Let me ask you this:

For your Christmas celebration, do you put up a tree?

Of course i put up a tree.. and we have presents.. and sing Jingle bells.. but it's what it means.. This stuff can come along.. as long as the central theme of what the holiday actually means shines through
Silverfeet
So do I.

I celebrate the holiday that the Christians hijacked from the pagans, with the tree, and the presents, and the celebration, and the 12 days, and Santa Claus.

And, most Christians will admit that Jesus wasn't born in December.
"Merry Christmas", spoken verbally, is a collection of syllables combined to produce a higher level concept. It is uttered with the intention of having another individual interpret it appropriately.
For an unknown reason, some individuals interpret these syllables in a way that offends them.
I kind of hate how the tree and other things have symbols and today we don't even know what it means! It's just about having the tree and not what it stands for!! What is the purpose of the tree? All i know is the candy cane, which is the Shepard's cane
I know how you feel man sweatdrop

With all the damn athiests we have these days nobody can respect someone for having a religion neutral
Blitzkrieg Beauty
Silverfeet
So do I.

I celebrate the holiday that the Christians hijacked from the pagans, with the tree, and the presents, and the celebration, and the 12 days, and Santa Claus.

I'm very aware of that.. which is why ill say.. Jesus is king to anyone who says they dont belive.. on any day of the year.. but this is especially the time to let the world know
Mernok
I dont want to force it on anyone.. but it seems we're being SO tolerant.. that we're forgetting our own religon

Wait, wait. When was it that people can decide who can't celebrate christmas. It's like saying, adam and eve were the first ones to have sex, so none of you people can have sex.
Mernok
Blitzkrieg Beauty
Let me ask you this:

Of course i put up a tree.. and we have presents.. and sing Jingle bells.. but it's what it means.. This stuff can come along.. as long as the central theme of what the holiday actually means shines through
Are you aware that the tree is a pagan tradition?

Did you know that even the pope acknowledges that Jesus wasn't born in December?

Shepherds aren't in fields in December, so how did they see the star?

Also, Mary and Joseph were going to be counted for the census in Bethlehem, right? That didn't happen in December, that happened in May and September.

I respect that you celebrate the birth of Christ during this time of year, but Christians merely celebrate this birth in December, but admit that Jesus was probably born in May, or September.
******** all of the people who get offended by a merry Christmas.
I'm not saying it for YOU I am saying it because it makes ME feel good.
Happy Holidays is a f*****t cop out.
I'm not stifling myself for any bullshit idiot who dares tell me that my proclaim that I hope they have a great day which happens to be a holiday to me "offends" them.
One of my friends told me happy Hanukkah, and I was like "Woo, you too."
Americans need to pull the ******** stick out of their assholes.
Blitzkrieg Beauty
Mernok
Blitzkrieg Beauty
Let me ask you this:

Are you aware that the tree is a pagan tradition?

Did you know that even the pope acknowledges that Jesus wasn't born in December?

Shepherds aren't in fields in December, so how did they see the star?

Also, Mary and Joseph were going to be counted for the census in Bethlehem, right? That didn't happen in December, that happened in May and September.

I respect that you celebrate the birth of Christ during this time of year, but Christians merely celebrate this birth in December, but admit that Jesus was probably born in May, or September.

He could be born in July for all that I care.. Christmas was put in december to take away attention from a Roman holiday in december.. to make the birth of a son.. be forgotten so people would think of the birth of the king
Mernok
Blitzkrieg Beauty
Silverfeet
So do I.

I'm very aware of that.. which is why ill say.. Jesus is king to anyone who says they dont belive.. on any day of the year.. but this is especially the time to let the world know
Jesus was put to death because he claimed to be king of the Jews.

Isn't it a little disrespectful to call him a king, since that's why he was put to death?

Isn't it also disrespectful to wear the thing he died on around your neck?

I'm really not trying to offend you, but I've done my research on your religion, and made my own judgments based on this research.
Blitzkrieg Beauty
Mernok
Blitzkrieg Beauty
Silverfeet
So do I.

Isn't it a little disrespectful to call him a king, since that's why he was put to death?

I'm really not trying to offend you, but I've done my research on your religion, and made my own judgments based on this research.

Jesus being put to death because he wouldnt say.. "No.. im not a king" is just a sign of the corruption of people.. and the cross was always seen as a symbol of death and despair.. he made it into a symbol of new life seeing as that people CAN NOT keep him down.. he died .. for our sins.. and came back.. because nothing is impossible for god
Phantoms_Betch
I know how you feel man sweatdrop

With all the damn athiests we have these days nobody can respect someone for having a religion neutral

Are you implying that the mere existence of atheists prevents anyone within proper proximity from respecting a religious individual even in cases where both individuals are religious?

Makes sense.
Blitzkrieg Beauty
Mernok
Blitzkrieg Beauty
Silverfeet
So do I.

that's good, that means you can have a more of an open mind than other that only focus on their religion. I don't think that by blood he was a king so they were able to kill him, and I kind of hate how people wear crosses around their necks. I don't like focusing on him dying but the exaples he set. But they feel it represents how that Jesus died to save them from their own sins and i guess that's how they show their greatfulness? And what do you beleive? just curious

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff