Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I first heard about the great quake in my first period History class. We always discuss a current event to open up class, and that was that particular day's. I was shocked, but I knew that people would help out the Japanese and their country as quickly as they could.
I'm in eighth grade, and maybe I was just being naive, but I assumed that people, if not taking action, would at least express their sympathy for those experiencing the quake, tsunami, and subsequent nuclear meltdowns at the Dai-Ichi plant.
However, that's not quite the reaction that I got. At least 50% of my class was like "Who cares?" or "Who gives a ******** about Japan? I know I'm coldhearted but I just don't care." But that's not the worst part. Someone caught me listening to the Songs for Japan album that was recently released and TEASED me about buying something that was my own feeble contribution to the relief effort.
So, got a story about apathy? Want to report your stories of a lack of such? Official discussion thread for apathy has now opened its doors.

Wheezing Capitalist

9,975 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
Well for Japan I REALLY care about.
But one day, there was another big trategy.
I didnt care.
75% of the class did tho.
the 25% believed that i didnt care.
But one day, my bf talks about it
He gives me something that he was making
that was popular and he used to help that
trategy.
and people think i cared about it.
(sorry my class is immature and fusses over
little things)

-Eruu~

Demonic Sex Symbol

12,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
You know, People can be cruel and heartless when it comes to times like these. We (people who have a heart) Just won't understand why these jerks are...well jerks! They say hateful things to get attention, Like Trolls. I haven't heard people say rude things in front of me about japan but in any case just ignore them as much as possible. What matters is that you care, and are a good person for doing so. Don't let them get you down!

Wheezing Capitalist

9,975 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
MikuHatsune0001
You know, People can be cruel and heartless when it comes to times like these. We (people who have a heart) Just won't understand why these jerks are...well jerks! They say hateful things to get attention, Like Trolls. I haven't heard people say rude things in front of me about japan but in any case just ignore them as much as possible. What matters is that you care, and are a good person for doing so. Don't let them get you down!

ya.

5,250 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
people are so coldhearted. why dont they care??? more than 100,000 people died in the earthquake and tsunami!! and half of japan is destroyed!! i donated to Japan ! i hope there will be no more humongous tsunamis and earthquakes in the world wink

Hilarious Swapper

Not everyone is going to break down and go OMG JAPAN! Especially younger
kids and teenagers. It's a world away. It's hard to even imagine what's going
on there. You really don't know what's going through your classmates minds right now.
People have seen smaller skill disasters, maybe some people would rather donate it
our own red cross, or to the poor of their own countries. Not everyone is going
to care and that's the cold hearted truth.

Oh and half of Japan wasn't destroyed.
Most of the people in this forum pretend to give a damn, when they really aren't capable of understand those peoples situation. You, as well as I, do not know how it feels to be in a 9.0 earthquake, then a tsunami, and see the aftermath.
I think whats admirable is to admit that you're not sympathetic, instead of all these "HAVE A HEART, DONT BE A JERK" assholes.

Business Noob

JYJbeginning
people are so coldhearted. why dont they care??? more than 100,000 people died in the earthquake and tsunami!! and half of japan is destroyed!! i donated to Japan ! i hope there will be no more humongous tsunamis and earthquakes in the world wink
You really need to check your numbers.
OP where do you live?

3,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Gender Swap 100
xXEruuKunXx
I didnt care.
trategy.
little things)

-Eruu~

That's what she said

3,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Gender Swap 100
Fanboy1238
xXEruuKunXx
I didnt care.
trategy.
little things)

-Eruu~

That's what she said

That's what she said.

5,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Junior 100
well, the quake in haiti was horrible...im in 7th grade, but people in my civics class were like,"no one cares, haha, the deserve it"..when no one deserves any of it, also, some idiot was like, "REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR STUPID JAPS??"...it was horrible
eskAe
OP where do you live?
The world is utterly illogical...

New Mexico.

...but then again, so is my mind.

Statement: I think some people confuse sympathy and empathy.

em·pa·thy
[em-puh-thee]
–noun
the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.

I can't feel empathy for the people of Japan. NO WAY can I feel the way it is over there.
However, I can feel sympathy, which is just feeling sorry for them and wishing their situation was better.

Kinda Noisy
Most of the people in this forum pretend to give a damn, when they really aren't capable of understand those peoples situation. You, as well as I, do not know how it feels to be in a 9.0 earthquake, then a tsunami, and see the aftermath.
I think whats admirable is to admit that you're not sympathetic, instead of all these "HAVE A HEART, DONT BE A JERK" assholes.

*not empathetic

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out