Welcome to Gaia! ::

Those people are smart right? They are rich right? So why should we help them. I didn't donate a penny. We all know the "Japanese" nation will rise again in a short time. People are panicing and crying when they know it's not that serious. And I ******** swear I'm not a troll. I'm speaking the truth.

Discuss. Give me good reasons too.
It'll give them incentive to help you out when s**t happens to you. :l

13,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Couenne
It'll give them incentive to help you out when s**t happens to you. :l

*applauds*

Help out those less fortunate then you. What happens if a similar situation happens to you? Like if that quake happened in America? Japan could think the same think and we would get no foreign aid at all because we're considered a super power of the world. We have money, we have resources, can't we take care of ourselves?

Apparently not in light of what happened during Hurricane Katrina and Charlie.

It's called being empathetic not apathetic.
If you don't want to help out, don't. If you don't find a good reason to, don't. If you want to help, do.
Other than any humanistic "being kind to those less fortunate" (which I'm assuming won't cut the mustard here) there's always the concept of help if you're hit by a disaster and speeding up their recovery so that the world economy ticks better.
Oh, and if you enjoy videogaming, you can always take the stance that you want the industry to get back on track.

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
to help people who are less fortunate? geeez :L

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
They're not all rich. I don't know why people keep saying that.

Yes, there are many well-off people IN TOKYO. But the areas that were hit hard and need the help are miles and miles and miles away from the city. It would be like people in Smalltown USA having their homes ripped away from them, and people saying "Well everyone in New York is rich, so I'm not going to help!"

Also, if you don't feel like helping, then whatever, but why do you seem so damned pleased with yourself about it? You think doing nothing is something to boast about?
Because they're human beings who need help.

Ruthless Pyromaniac

14,650 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Heckler 50
Hello? Earth to brain? THERE ARE PEOPLE DYING OVER THERE!
Who cares about the crap that's spewing out of your mouth? Human beings have lost their lives and their homes and there's something we can do about it. It builds trust and bonds between nations. Have you never heard of what goes around comes around? Treat others the way you want to be treated?
Whatever. We don't need your help with the thousands that do care.
Fabulous SexyUsername
Those people are smart right? They are rich right? So why should we help them. I didn't donate a penny. We all know the "Japanese" nation will rise again in a short time. People are panicing and crying when they know it's not that serious. And I ******** swear I'm not a troll. I'm speaking the truth.

Discuss. Give me good reasons too.

First, do you know how much times they have helped us? Hella times. And you do know that most of our things comes from there right?
Second, OUR military base is there. And they didnt even have time to recover from the first quake before another one came.
And another addition is, Hawaii is very close to Japan, they almost got hit by that tsunami. Hawaii is part of the United States and many people have family there, I have family there.
And I would be pretty pissed if I saw someone not care about Japan at all.

Seriously, do you have a heart?

7,350 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
They have money, but this is the worst disaster ever in relation to economic loss.
300,000,000,000 $
The country is DEVELOPED. That doesn't mean it shits enough money to rebuild all that was lost. Moreover, it does not mean that people there are rich. Many people lost everything, and they don't have the resources get another home just like that.
Oh, and just like Bang the Devil said, a little help goes a LONG way when it comes to external relations. The US needs all the support it can get.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
1. Not all of the Japanese are smart
2. Not all of the Japanese are rich. If they were, there wouldn't be any homeless people in Japan. But there are, and there have been long before this disaster happened.
3. This earthquake is the 5th biggest in history. In terms of most recent earthquakes of this decade, it ranks behind the Sumatra earthquake of 2004:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Notice how the circle where Japan is says, "catastrophic."

Also, this disaster cost them $300 billion dollars. It will take at least 5 years if not more for them to get back on track. And then there's the whole Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant problem.

Ruthless Pyromaniac

14,650 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Heckler 50
And let's not forget all of the lives that can never be replaced.
Lives were lost it's bad, but people whining about it is helping absolutely no one.
If this guy doesn't want to care he doesn't have to. People have also stopped donating,
because it happened like a month ago. You guys really need to stop fighting everyone who
doesn't really care. You can't force it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff