Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yes, sign me up! 0.52222222222222 52.2% [ 47 ]
Poll whore option, not on the bottom! xO 0.2 20.0% [ 18 ]
xO Too many options to choose from! 0.14444444444444 14.4% [ 13 ]
You had too much time to add all these options >_> 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 90 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 >

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[CHO.SAYS.]
GASP, I'll go sizzle in the sun with some coke and get a tan then. xD

Lol. You go get a tan, Cho. xP
[CHO.SAYS.]
I already got tan in Texas actually x________x

I don't tan, I burn. I went to my grandparents in Cali and I was only in the pool for a couple hours and I burned so bad I blistered. gonk
ChobitsLover
[CHO.SAYS.]
Ehh, I can't make my own food gonk
-Starts to sizzle in the sun-

eek *puts her in a pot and takes her into a house* maybe youre a houseplant... sweatdrop
Keshy
Leoness
Keshy
How does one train a big cat? surprised
well, you raise them from birth, care for them like their mommy xd and then make sure as they grow up they behave well towards people. theres a place called Tiger Island where they actually walk their adult and cub tigers around the park now and then and the visitors can follow and touch them. mrgreen i wanted to work there so badly whee
if the animal isnt going to be released into the wild, they raise it to be social with humans and pretty much domesticated wildcats. 3nodding except if you get in the middle of a tiff between two tigers, or arent paying attention to their more subtle actions, you can get hurt sweatdrop

heart 4laugh heart thanks so so much keshy!!! heart 4laugh heart

btw, sharks are pretty awesome, i actually have a load of sharks teeth that were scavenged from different beaches. some are really ancient, a deep blue-gray color. i heard sharks lose at least one tooth every time they make a kill - i think tiger sharks have the coolest teeth out of all of them heart
also, their skin is covered in what seems like more teeth... theyre sharp all over xp
*knows more about sharks, but thinks shes been jabbering way too much about their teeth* whee sorries

It seemed appropriate. That sounds like it would be fun! I don't know a lot about tigers but I do know that their tails usually give off the best warnings. They snarle like dogs and bare there teeth.
I'm not sure sharks lose a tooth after every kill but it's possible. They continuously lose teeth throughout their entire lives, they have rows and rows of them behind the already being used set. Yes, tiger sharks have the most different teeth they act as a saw everytime they jerk their heads back and forth. They're able to cut through a human bone in one bite, but the Mako is the freakiest looking with their big black eyes and sleek body's and these skinny pointed teeth.
Their skin is sort of scaled like dragons skin and if you rub them from nose to back it won't cut you but rub it the other way and it will. They're actually trying to use this technology for ships and boats because sharks never get barnacles for that very reason. It puts less resistance and would save a lot on fuel.
I don't have a lot of sharks teeth because I don't live in a place where I can walk along the beaches and find them. I've also never been to a beach where I could find such things but I do have a megalodon tooth that my mother bought me one christmas. The megalodon wasthe biggest shark that every lived. They assume that they got to be over 50ft long and have teeth up to 7inches long. I saw a picture once of what their jaws may have looked like and it could fit seven 6' men inside it. They guessed it fed on whales and could have easily taken them out like the great white takes out seals. They also believe that they were part of the great white family.

Anyway, I didn't know that there was a Tiger Island. It would be amazing to be able to raise a baby tiger. I would love that! xD I would also love to raise a shark but we can't really domesticate them. x/ Which reminds me that I saw the only great white kept in captivity at the Monterey Bay Aquarium! It was small but it was really cool! Then they had to relese it because it attacked one of the other sharks in the tank.
eek
the tails, yes, and the ears. also the way they look at you. if its very intent or even an intense stare, you want to be careful. snarling is when things have already progressed farther than you want to find yourself whee
i heard the sharks losing a tooth every meal thing when i went to the shark exhibit at the point defiance zoo/aquarium 3nodding the mako and sandshark have those really long needle-like teeth that sometimes curve outwards and make them look really creepy xd
xp i got most my sharks teeth off ebay, theyre fun to make into jewelry - i even got a really big tooth and two other large ones that are less complete 3nodding megalodon teeth are sooooooo awesome! surprised i wanna get one heart
too bad there arent small versions of the whale shark... those would be awesome pets if miniaturized xd
xp i personally burn AND melt in the sun sweatdrop
Sand tigers yes. They have those long needle like teeth. Freaky! Those are the only ones I don't realy want to be around. Normally it's eyes that scare me but those teeth man..
We have some of the creepiest sharks up here. The salmon shark is like a mako with pink eyes.
eek

They do as their name suggests, they eat salmon. Some of the fisherman up here have had their halibut from their halibut hooks eaten by sleeper sharks. They just take bites basically. We also get great whites up here. They have warm blood unlike any other shark.
The bull sharks have something in their livers which allow them to enter fresh water. They've found those in the Mississippi River. Crocs and alligators have taken most of the blame in South Africa rivers where they coem upstream but they were definitely sharks.
I'm a little surprised that people don't investigate the sharks up here. You almost never hear about the salmon or sleeper shark. The only time I've heard of them, really, was in the paper once in August when we were going to the fair when a fisherman caught one years ago.
I don't even know if I could get a pic of a salmon shark that didn't scare the bejesus out of me. eek
Great Whites, Tiger Sharks, Hammerheads they don't scare the bejesus out of me like the mako, the sand tiger, the salmon shark do. It's the teeth along with their eyes. The sand tigers don't have eyes like the mako and salmon do. That along with those needle like teeth just scare the hell out of me, but I'll either have to overcome that fear of those sharks and open water..or not become a shark expert. I hate open water..That pic in my sig with the thresher nearly gave me a heartattack. It was of course bigger than that. I hate big pictures that put them like right in my face. I don't scream or anything but my eyes probably get huge and my heart jumps and skips a beat, and these animals are what I want to study and be around the rest of my life. eek
I would want a miniature tiger shark or hammerhead. I've already got one shark tattoo. I intend to get another. xd

EDIT: Sorry about all the text and posts. I didn't want a wall of text. gonk
Keshy
I don't tan, I burn. I went to my grandparents in Cali and I was only in the pool for a couple hours and I burned so bad I blistered. gonk
[CHO.SAYS.]
Oh wow gonk
I'm in CA, so I get the light tans, and when I go to Texas, I come back and everyone's like
LEANNE'S GONE TO TANNING SALON ?!

@Leoness:: Maybe :'D

Just be careful. Too much sun isn't good for your skin. You can get sun sickness even. My sister almost did when she went to Florida. 3nodding
I found a fair pic of that salmon shark. x] Freaked me out a bit.

User Image
Keshy
Sand tigers yes. They have those long needle like teeth. Freaky! Those are the only ones I don't realy want to be around. Normally it's eyes that scare me but those teeth man..
We have some of the creepiest sharks up here. The salmon shark is like a mako with pink eyes.
eek

They do as their name suggests, they eat salmon. Some of the fisherman up here have had their halibut from their halibut hooks eaten by sleeper sharks. They just take bites basically. We also get great whites up here. They have warm blood unlike any other shark.
The bull sharks have something in their livers which allow them to enter fresh water. They've found those in the Mississippi River. Crocs and alligators have taken most of the blame in South Africa rivers where they coem upstream but they were definitely sharks.
I'm a little surprised that people don't investigate the sharks up here. You almost never hear about the salmon or sleeper shark. The only time I've heard of them, really, was in the paper once in August when we were going to the fair when a fisherman caught one years ago.
surprised i havent heard of those! and that warm blood fact and the fresh/saltwater shark is awesome biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff