Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi,

Ever since the the update few weeks ago, I always get stuck at a page showing loading islands for hours. The most recent update I did today was of no help.

Did anyone face the same issue?

I'm too far ahead to start over and multiple in app purchase were made.
Pls help!!!

sweety_honey's Husband

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

just downloaded the update last night and i fell asleep while it was on the please wait, loading islands screen. woke up this morning and it was still on the same screen. this has happened before with a past update. hey indy, any idea whats going on?

User Image
Complete Maps, Rings, Monsters, Items & More!

7,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
i updated it last night and it works for me now, hope it works for yall soon
Well I made sure I'm getting the most recent update jut 5 mins ago. But still the same. Sigh---

Angelic Enabler

Me too! I just made a topic on it. D:

sweety_honey's Husband

Thats good that its working for some of you. Mine wont even go to loading islands now. Just gets stuck on the home page and than back to my itouch screen

Quotable Pieslinger

7,900 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
I'm having the same problem, with the app becoming stuck on the "Downloading islands" screen and not doing a thing. I've been letting it run all day and night - in fact I've had it going nearly 24 hours now all total - and it's still stuck. Even when I exit out of the app and restart it, it's right back to that screen and stuck again. I'd love to get back to playing and I'm much too far in to just delete it and start over! Help?

I've got a 32 GB 4th-generation iPod Touch with the latest OS (5.0.1), if that helps any.

---

Oh. Now it's being ornery and crashing at the title screen again. I don't see what's different now, rather than the other gazillion times I closed and restarted it, but whatever...still can't play!

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Has anybody else got it to play it once after the update
And tried to play it later but it went back to splash screen then crashes to the home screen?

Looks like another bug.

Sparkly Fatcat

Netstryke
Has anybody else got it to play it once after the update
And tried to play it later but it went back to splash screen then crashes to the home screen?

Looks like another bug.

Exactly what's happening to me, and installed it yesterday. Twice.

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Looks like I'll have to wait for yet another update to play again. Oh well back to Skyrim.

Same here: stuck at "Downloading islands" after the update of today...
The last week or so I coudn't go past the introductionscreen after the update before this one.
Really annoying
Nehry
Same here: stuck at "Downloading islands" after the update of today...
The last week or so I coudn't go past the introductionscreen after the update before this one.
Really annoying

Amazing.... Just posted the message here above; tried again to start the game; got the introductionscrene instead of the "Downloading islands" and .... IT WORKS !!!!
So I think you just have to be VERY patient downloading?!
I was just checking the setting in my game and the all of a sudden it freezes I tried to click the done button but nothing happens
same here: I got the downloading islands screen for almost 2 hours then the game crashed and now I can't go past the splash screen without having the game to crash... -.-
It's still broken.
Like many of you, I had the never ending "downloading islands" screen. Luckily I just clicked out of it after 10 minutes and decided to wait for another update.

My guess is there could be some sort of compatibility issue with older devices. Monster Island worked perfectly for me before but if they did expand it a great deal in that update with intentions for new devices, I hope they allow older devices to de-update back to the original MI. I'm only halfway through the islands and would like to finish.

Edit: Since Vivienne has a 4th gen with iOS 5 then nevermind what I just said. Maybe it is really an issue with the app.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff