Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Genius

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Alexander Matvei

"Just consider me your friend, I am until the end."

He was heading down the hall with the Elders when he heard Lane's mental probing and it caused him to jump slightly. It took him a few moments to calm himself down and regain his composure. She was safe and so far their plan was working. They soon arrived at the dining room where some of the guards were assembled. He could hear footsteps that he was sure belonged to Maia. Soon enough, the viper made her grand entrance and all the while she kept her eyes locked onto him and the Elders. He was surprised that the Elder's son was no where in sight.

"Yes I'm fine though I don't know for how long. We're out of time. Hurry!"

"Can I guarantee you life? I don't think I can."

Ooc:

LittleMissUnderestimated

PairsOsocks's Waifu

User Image
Lane Andrews

═════════

"Alex calm down. I'm on my way. I'm hurrying but I didn't retain my speed. Just be patient. I'll be there soon. Remember the plan. Be discrete. Be observant. Don't worry about me." replied asked through what remained of their mental bond exiting the bathroom and heading to the dining hall.

═════════

Occ:

sha312

Wheezing Genius

Alexander Matvei

Off all the times for him to get a case of the nerves, this was by far the worst time. Lane's response didn't help matters much, especially when she mentioned her speed. Why was her speed an issue? His mind began to race as he tried to think of all the reasons why that could be. A loud clearing of a throat broke his train of thought and he blinked as he tried to refocus on the task at hand. Maia's eyes had narrowed to slits and she began to rap her fingers on the table. Already it appeared that she knew that something was off about him.

"So, have you all come to a decision or not?

He looked around and still saw no sign of Lane and he wiped the sweat from his hand onto his leg. "Please Lane, I need you. Please"

He cleared his throat and he put on his best stoic face. "W-we." He pulled his shirt collar away from his throat uneasily as he tried to pull himself together. "We have reached a decision and we have taken the liberty of writing up the contracts to make things official." As he spoke, the subtle scent of an air freshener wafted into his nostrils as he felt Lane's presence grow closer.

Ooc: Edited.

LittleMissUnderestimated

PairsOsocks's Waifu

User Image
Lane Andrews

═════════

"Excuse me Ms. Maia I'm sorry I'm late." A burnette fledging said as she stood behind Alex like a guard blending in with the rest of the dining hall attendees. "I told you I'd be here. Relax Alex. Stay stoic and just slip the poison in. I'll keep her preoccupied." Lane looked Maia dead in the eyes with a sheepish smile. She played her role well. After all she'd lived the life of a fledgling at the mercy of others' will for almost a year. It was not a surprise she could pull off such a role. "...Did I miss the toast?"

═════════

Occ: Edited

sha312

Wheezing Genius

Alexander Matvei

As he felt her presence enter the room, Alex was able to relax enough to pull himself together. He felt her mental pull that he should start making use of the poison and he spared her a brief look."Not yet. Patience. Patience." He cleared his throat as he addressed the young fledgling. "Not at all. I've just given Maia the contracts to over see the exchange. I believed it best that everyone should be on the same page. Wouldn't you agree Miss Maia?"

Maia paused with her eyes locked on the fledgling before they broke contact to rest on Alex "Of course, but what do you mean by exchange?"

Alex feigned surprise at the question and blinked at her not comprehending the confusion. "Why the exchange of power of course. That is what you wanted right? You wanted absolute rule?"

Ooc: Should we keep those two previous posts or delete them?

LittleMissUnderestimated

PairsOsocks's Waifu

User Image
Lane Andrews

═════════

"Patience...Patience. Fine Alex. But do not miss the opportunity. We only have one shot." Lane pointed out and said and thought nothing more. After all it was crucial she didn't break her cover. She had to act like a subservient fledgling or risk getting kicked out. That surely would drive Alex over the edge.

═════════

Occ: I say delete them.

sha312

Wheezing Genius

Alexander Matvei

Maia blinked in a bit of surprise. She hadn't really thought that Alex would actually go through with it seeing that Alex had nothing but complete and utter hatred for the vampiric species, and yet he was given her the chance to be the leader of all leaders.

"I must admit, I'm surprised by this. So are you offering me your allegiance once for all?"

The Head Elder hesitated for a second before her replied stoically. "We are."

Ooc:Let's do it then.

LittleMissUnderestimated

PairsOsocks's Waifu

User Image
Lane Andrews

═════════

"My patience is wearing thin. Remember this shot we've been given. Do not waste our sole bullet. Take aim and pull the trigger." Lane thought though her demeanor was stoic she was extremely nervous. One wrong move and it was over.

═════════

Occ:

sha312

Wheezing Genius

Alexander Matvei

Alex had never felt such revulsion at seeing an expression of relish as Maia wore and it was enough to make his stomach twist upon itself. The tense atmosphere in the room began to ease slightly as Maia called over one of the guards who promptly brought over a tray of giblets filled with red wine. The ironic symbolism wasn't lost on him; the red wine, a symbol of a covenant...a covenant meant for good, but now would serve as an alliance of evil. The world would clamor and hope for peace and would have none. A dreamy look came to his eyes as he began to murmer something to himself.

"Because you have said, we have made a covenant with death, and with Hell we are at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come to us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves."

The Head Elder glanced at Alex who had broken his reverie long enough to take the tray from the guard. As Alex turned away, a slight motion caught his eye as Alex reached into his pocket and then drop something in the one of the goblets. Alex turned back around and promptly gave Maia the first glass and then gave everyone a glass before taking one himself.

"I will make of right a measuring line, of justice a level.- Hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and waters shall flood the hiding places."

He raised his glass in the air. "A toast...to our new leader." He brought the glass to his lips as Maia did the same. A smile came to.his face as he watched Maia revel in her newfound power.

"Your covenant with Death shall be disanulled, and your agreement with Hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then you shall be trodden down by it."

He watched as Maia set down her glass before he sat down. "Now to business. What are the terms?"

Ooc: Not to brag, but I love this post.

LittleMissUnderestimated

PairsOsocks's Waifu

User Image
Lane Andrews

═════════

Lane just waited silently. She watched as Maia raised her glass and she did the same. A part of her wondered what was going to become of Brandon. Without him their victory wouldn't have been possible. She took a sip from her own glass and revealed in the cold liquid going down her throat. Once Maia's glass returned to the table, Lane exhaled a breath she didn't even realized she'd been holding. So it was over. It was finally over. Now all that remained was seeing the poison start to take affect.

═════════

Occ: It's something to be proud of.

sha312

Wheezing Genius

Alexander Matvei

Maia Sat back calmly in her chair as she surveyed the Elders and Alex surrounding her. It had all gone according to plan. It had been easy, almost too easy. She focused her attention on Alex. She had to hand it to him; for being a hateful bitter lycan Alex had been able to move past the grudges and assist her in her goal. Deep down there was a flicker of admiration and gratitude for him. Because of him, she had everything and everyone in the palm of her hands. He only hoped he could live with himself with the consequences of his choice. Her moment was briefly interrupted by a slight feeling of vertigo and she squeezed the bridge of her nose and waited for it to pass. Once it did, she refocused her gaze.

"Simple, I want all the lycans in Italy gone. Not just gone, but eradicated. This country is MY country now and I want it mutt free. Now the more you obey, the longer you live. You refuse and you'll remember why Italy has had her share of purges in the past."

"And what of my son? Where is he? What have you done to him? We have done what you asked. We deserve something in return."

LittleMissUnderestimated

[Ooc: Best I could do. Maia is all yours. I'm going with a gradual poisoning.

PairsOsocks's Waifu

User Image
Lane Andrews

═════════

Lane smiled at the scene in front of her. Lane wondered how long it would be until her final breath was taken. Italy was almost liberated. Hopefully things would make a turn for the better. Maia offered no reply as to what became of the Elder's son. By now the guards should have been finishing him off, little did she know the lycan had escaped.

═════════

Occ: Well don't look to me. I know she's going to kick the bucket, but when sweatdrop .

sha312

Wheezing Genius

Alexander Matvei

Alex rose and held up his hands for peace. "Sir, please not now." The Elder slapped his hand away as his eyes blackened. Alex took a few steps back in alarm. He had never witnessed this side of the vampire before. He was so used to the calm passive nature that he had forgotten that each of these men had a predatory side to them.

"Don't tell me not now Alexander! This involves my son! You lost your consort, but I am not like you. My son is everything I have left."

He turned his attention to Maia who continued to grow paler by the moment. She tried to rise to her feet, but her legs seemed to have difficulty supporting her and she sank back down in her seat.

"Now, where is he? What have you done with him!!?!"

Ooc: Just had a Eureka moment!

LittleMissUnderestimated

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items