Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Genius

8,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Everyone knows the story of the Olympians. Gods and legends, like Zeus and Hercules, that shaped the world, that left their marks on history, but is seems they just die out over time. You no longer hear about their feats and their legend, Leading you to believe that the race of Gods just died off. However this is not the case, they never really died, they just relocated. There is a place, an island far from Greece where the Olympians now reside. These Olympians are not the ones of legend, well not all of them are at least. These are mostly the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. The descendants of the God we know. They still live as gods, but in a place they are only allowed. Them and their servants of course. Some human children, upon birth are promised to these Gods and Goddess, they are told they are being given to kings and queens and they are sent to the island when they become of age. From then they are the sole servants of whatever God or Goddess they were assigned, until they either die or are set free. So is the rules of Utopia, the Land of the New Olympians

(1 x 1 no posting please)

Timid Genius

8,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                                                              Son of the Rising Sun
                                                              ═ ═ ═
                                                              Child of the Wild and Free

~10 Years Ago~
                                                              The boy was just a child. He didn't understand his importance, who he was, WHAT he was. He didn't know why he was treated the way he was, or why the girl was coming, but all he heard from his caretaker was, today on his 10th birthday he would be meeting her. Cree, was his caretaker, the great-granddaughter of Artemis. When Utopia was started she became the caretaker of all the children, until they reached the age where they could meet with their servants then be sent off into their temple. Today was Ari's day. He waited in the entrance of the Temple of Fertility waiting for the convoy of servants, today was only his, no other Gods shared his day of creation, so he stood alone waiting with Cree standing behind him. He watched the skies for the chariot to come back. Finally it did as the sun was starting to fall, the chariot bringing the moon along brought the convoy also. Ari stepped down as the chariot landed and the night took form. He watched as the presented the girl to him, she didn't look like him, not in dress or fashion. He wondered why, but he didn't let it show. He smiled and held out his hand, speaking first. "Hi, I'm Ari.."

~Current Day~
                                                              Ari awoke late today. He was out late the night before trying to flame up the sun a little before he went to sleep. He would still have been sleep, but Croma awoke him. Croma was a large silver lion, with red glowing eyes. His role and reasoning for being in Utopia was unknown, but for some reason he and Ari took to each other and had lived together ever since. Ari, knew everyone else, even his servant was still asleep. Late for him was still before they brought the sun up, but it was too late to give the sun another go. Every morning and night he would ignite the sun, he would set it ablaze, trying to make sure it was powerful and bright when it went up. As brilliant as it was when Apollo would raise it. Last night he started, but thanks to his tardiness he wouldn't be able to set more fire to it before it went up. Croma had woken him up, because today was special, or supposed to be special. It was his birthday. He personally didn't care for the day. He thought it was just a waste of time to celebrate his birth. There were many god and goddesses in Utopia. His role was so small, that anyone could do it, but still they believed in equality, so as they Celebrated the Day of Thunder for Gale, the Prodigal Daughter of Zeus, they would today celebrated the Day of the Sun.

He yawned and looked at Croma who stood and went to do his daily duty, or was supposed to. Instead he went to the room, on the other side of the temple. The room that the servant slept in. Ari however had his own job. He left and headed towards the chariot to help the team strap the sun so they could rise it....

The Sun Rises alone, but without him would it burn?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe Animals are free, but without him would they truly be safe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHe is the Son of the Sun and the Child of the Wild. The Descendant of Apollo, Ari

((Sorry, it's a terrible start, I just kinda need to feel myself around here. I will get better sweatdrop ))

Quotable Singing

13,675 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Hiro_Syzame

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Elektra awoke when something heavy landed on her bed. She opened her eyes and saw the large lion that usually accompanied her master looking at her with those red eyes of his before pawing at her shoulder lightly to make her get up " Good morning, Croma" she said and sat up. It was before dawn, which meant her master had not raised the sun yet. Oh good. She wasn't late today, even if she slept late last night! All thanks to the lion " Thank you for waking me up. It is the day today isn't it?" she asked him smiling and got up. She changed into her usual attire, a short shirt with the matching pair of shorts which was actually her swimming suit and a lila Sarong around her waist to be a bit more decent (see the picture). She was thankfull that their temple was nearby the Eastern part of the island , where they had a beach so she could go enjoy the fruits of her master's efforts, the sun and the waves. She loved her home. She brushed her head quickly and then waved at the lion to follow her out. Her master should be gone already. That was ok. After all, she had let his today's outfit on the armchair in his room , like every night so he shouldn't have troubles finding it.

Oh yes, she loved her life. At first, ten years ago, she was scared to death to meet her master. Her parents had promised her to serve under the God of Sun and even her two names were proof of that. Elektra which meant "bright" and "shining" and Kyra which meant "like the sun". She didn't mind which one her master would call her. Both were fine. He could even call her "you". By the time he had offered her his hand and introduced himself when they were little she started feeling comfortable around him. Of course, there wasn't something she didn't know about him. His secrets, his fears. All were known to her. He tormented her either. She was dressing himself on his own and was combing his hair, plus eating on his own instead of being fed. All she had to do was provide him with the right outfit for each day and help him bathe most of the times, plus prepare his meals.

The meals were an easy aprt. He was only eating one thing and drinking another one. Ambrosia and Nectar. Oh it wasn't hard to prepare his meals. She wore her flip flops and ran outside to the garden where she gathered some colorful fruits in a basket and got some nectar from a small waterfall, which was too in the garden. She went inside, cut the fuits open and let something that seemed like jelly pour into a bowl. The fruits had many colors. All the 7 colors of the rainbow and since she wanted her master's breakfast to be enjoyable she chose one of each and created something that reminded a rainbow. After purring the nectar into a glass too she took it to the table outside so he could eat there. Once laying the table, she moved over to the roses and cut some preparing a nice bouquet and putting them in a vase and onto the table. Then she got a piece of paper, cut it with a scissor to remind a sun and then wrote "happy birthday master" before letting it near his spoon. Oh she hoped this would make his day. She knew that he didn't like celebrating his day, but she wanted to try and make it special anyways!

She ran off to do some chores until he arrived. The sooner she had them finished, the sooner she would go finish that book that kept her awake last night until late.

Timid Genius

8,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                                                              Son of the Rising Sun
                                                              ═ ═ ═

Ari got to the sun rather quickly, he nearly ran, when he heard something may have been wrong. One of the chariot riders told him that the flames seemed to be going out and if that was the case Ari had no choice but to try and fire it up, but when he got there the sun wasn't dim, it was actually pretty bright, brighter than the night before. He tilted his head, but the sound of armor and a familiar voice made his heart drop. "I decided to do a little work myself today, for your birthday.." Ari turned his head and nearly dropped seeing his idol there. The former sun god, Apollo. He went down to a knee "I didn't know you'd be here sir" he said. but the man laughed and patted his shoulder, "Rise up, boy. And stop all this sir, business. I see you have been keeping my old grounds up well."

Ari nodded and showed the man around in excitement. He hadn't seen Apollo since he delegated the sun to him all those years ago. God's never really die, but as time goes on, they delegate their duties to protegees and they move on. They never really said where they would go, but it was somewhere they could live in peace, and in some cases, like this one, they would return to see how things went. Ari waited for the day Apollo came back so he could see how things were. He hoped the man would be proud and by the look on his face he was. After the tour, they flamed the sun a little more and just in time they were able to get the sun strapped up. Apollo on this day mounted the chariot and said he would take the sun up and that Ari should head back. Today was his celebration and he should be getting ready.

Ari did just that. It was the first time people had seen him this happy, as the sun rose and the other God's and servants awoke, Ari walked home, his eyes on the sky as the moon moved down and the mighty glowing sun rose. Apollo promised he would see Ari again later and he was looking forward to it. By the time he got home the sun was up. Ari smiled and headed inside. "Kyra!, Croma! Where are you guys?" he called, a smile still plastered on his face.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHe is the Son of the Sun and the Child of the Wild. The Descendant of Apollo, Ari

Quotable Singing

13,675 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Hiro_Syzame

Elektra had started her daily routine with some mopping and was by far done when the sun started rising. With the eyes of her imagination she saw her master raising it up. He would surely look gorgeous! She put the mopping tools aside and went to his bedroom, fixing his bed and tidying up everything around. Oh , sometimes he was such a messy guy, but she couldn't get angry at him. Not after him treating her so nice. He was almost talking to her as a friend and even if she was trying to still see him as a fearfull god who could punish her, she couldn't. They grew up together the past years. She knew him well. She knew his fears, his worries. She could tell when he was upset even if he was faking it!

After finishing the room, she went to feed Croma who was walking at the entrance of the temple impatiently. Once she arrived with his food she looked at him scoldingly "I am sorry Croma! I'm hyperactive today! It is master's birthday! Here, look, i added your favorite so you will forgive me" she told the lion and lead him to his feeding spot so she could et him eat in peace while she went to tidy her own room. It seemed she barely had enough time for that. Just when she had just fixed her bed she heard her master calling for her and Croma. He was home early. When did he manage to come back so fast? The sun had just took its place!

She let the half folded blanket on top of the bed and ran outside her room. Her bare feet were slamming against the floor as it was made of marble which would surely betray her arrival to her master. Once she saw him she went to stand in fornt of him and made a small bow " Goodmorning master! Happy Birthday!" she said seeming that she was not able to hold herself any longer from saying it. Unlike him, she was excited even if it wasn't her birthday. No, hers was in the middle of June, which was better than being born in the middle of winter and serving the God of Sun. She grinned watching him " I have prepared your breakfast in the garden today. I think you will enjoy it. The roses are all bloomed" she informed just when the lion appeared to and went to suround Ari, still licking its lips from his just finished meal.

Timid Genius

8,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                                                              Son of the Rising Sun
                                                              ═ ═ ═

Ari smiled and bowed to Elektra as well. Her name was Elektra, but he much preferred calling her Kyra. It seemed to fit her better in his head. He had a big smile on his face, on this day, which he usually thought he should ignore, he couldn't have been happier. He knelt down and petted Croma and pressed his head against the lions. It had become a normal thing for them, an act of endearment. He then stood and waved for the other to follow him. "You guys, you will never guess who showed up!" he said excitedly. Croma let out a low growl, which made Ari pout a little, "How did you know...?" he said meeting the lions snarky look

He then turned to Krya, knowing she might not understand what Croma said. He was unsure how he understood what Croma said. He just did. He walked backwards towards the garden for his breakfast. "Kyra, Apollo is here!" he said with a smile. He turned as he got the table and looked at the table then at Kyra, "Thank you, this is all very wonderful. You really put a little extra, in it today I see." he said smiling and bowing his head. He then motioned for her to sit down, "Will you be joining me?" he asked her, as Croma hopped up into a chair

Quotable Singing

13,675 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Hiro_Syzame

Elektra of course couldn't guess who came. Did they have a visitor? " Who? Who showed up?" she asked following him and came outside to the breakfast she had set up "Well of course i would put something extra on your breakfast today. Even if you are stubborn enough to not want to celebrate your birthday, i'm going to make this day special anyway! You can grumble as much as you want" she smiled innocently and then sat down on the chair across of him. After all these years that they spent together she could speak her mind to him , without fearing he would punish her. Of course, the girl knew when it was time to shut up so that helped too.

When he mentioned, at last, who their visitor was her eyes shot wide open " A-Apollo? " she asked unsurely "And you decided to tell me just now? Oh my Gods i haven't finished the chores yet, the temple is completely clean! I need to go change too! He might think i am being improper and worthy of being the servant of the god of the sea , not the sun. Maybe i should go wear something yello! Or maybe orange. I don't like yellow on me very much! Master, how could you not tell me earlier? Should i preper some ambrosia treats and a nectar cocktail?" she asked him eagerly. Great, her master managed to make her nervous.

Timid Genius

8,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                                                              Son of the Rising Sun
                                                              ═ ═ ═

Ai nodded as he finally started to eat his food. Every year he would complain about her doing something special for his birthday, and tell her it was not special and every year she would ignore him and make him something special in celebration. It had been that way many years and by now you would think he would have just expected her to do this, but still he told her her not to make a big deal out of it. This year however was different, mostly because Apollo was there, and it was rare for the old Gods like him to come to Utopia. There had to be a special reason he was there this year and Ari couldn't wait to find out what it was. He continued to eat and looked at Croma who pawed at the floral arrangement in the center of the table, then at Kyra.

Her excitement matched his. He was barely able to keep still while he ate, but he reached over and patted the girls arm. "Krya, calm yourself. Don't worry yourself too much, Lord Apollo isn't like the others, he doesn't expect ultimate perfection. The temple is wonderful and what you are wearing is fine, but I have Maylynn working on special garbs for tonight's festival." Maylyn was the current goddess of love, and she was also quite the seamstress. She loved to sew, so Ari asked if he could make him and Kyra new clothes for the festival. He hoped they would be done in time. She was supposed to send, Rayo, her servant, over with them sometime today, which reminded him, "Watch for Rayo, he is bringing the clothes once Maylyn finishes them up." he said.

He finished the ambrosia, perfect as always. It was a rumor among the Gods that a human could never master the art of making ambrosia, but he had someone who could easily dispel that rumor. Kyra's breakfast was easily the best ambrosia he had ever tasted. He started to drink the nectar and thought about the festival. Tonight, instead of taking the sun down, at it's normal time they chariot would move it to the center of the sky , and Ari would be honored with song and dance, followed by a feast and gifts from each God. It was a huge deal, and it was just a little embarrassing to Ari, but it was tradition and who was he to break it? So tonight while the sun burns bright, he will take his place and enjoy the festival, or at least try. Plus Apollo was there this year and he was undoubtedly in for some sort of treat.

Quotable Singing

13,675 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Hiro_Syzame

Elektra tried not to stare as he ate. It would be impolite. She didn't like it when people stared at her , while she was eating. Well, not that there were many people around while she ate, but she wanted to be typical and good when it came to Ari. It was almost hard to keep calling him master. He was so kind to her that she felt as if she was born to serve him, which she was, but it seemed her soul was made for that too. She trusted him completely and wanted only what was best for him. Even if it meant getting on his nerves a bit sometimes, like today. She had decorated the table, while he had been repeating every single year he wanted nothing special. He didn't seem displeased though.

When Chroma pawed at her she reached to ran her hand through his thick woolly mane with a small smile on her face "Chroma don't paw the flowers. It is a shame to ruin them like that, don't you think? I say to leave them alone so they can make master's table more beautiful , what do you think?" she asked the lion and then looked up at her master "Is lord Apollo going to come here, right now? Maybe i should prepare more ambrosia in case he hasn't eaten yet either! I will watch out for Rayo, do not worry about that. I will also prepare you your bath so you will be fine on your birthday party tonight" she winked, knowing this would make him give her one of his desperate looks about her choice of words. Only Kyra knew how much he disliked tonight's celebration and her calling it a 'birthday party' would only be a tease, an attempt to make him smile some.

She wondered what would her duties be this year. Normally she just had to stand below Ari's throne. The poor guy had to sit on a high golden throne for most of the night , while everyone would come give him their gifts and express their wishes. The throne was higher than any other one and Ari would need to climb some steps in order to make it there. The people who came were barely at his feet height . Oh well it was at least comfortable. Kyra would just have to stay there in case he needed some nectar while he was sitting, but most of the times she was chatting with him too, whenever he was alone, mostly to tease him by calling him 'your highness' "Hey will i be doing anything special this year? Or will i stand next to your highness' throne and wait for your appetite for nectar to rise?" she asked him innocently, although her smile betrayed that this wasn't an innocent question at all!

Timid Genius

8,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                                                              Son of the Rising Sun
                                                              ═ ═ ═

Croma let out a low growl in agreement and slowly lowered his head into Krya's lap waiting to be petted. From what Ari had saw Croma was a powerful and fearful lion, he wasn't sure about a lot, but he knew that much. Along with this he saw that Croma loved to be spoiled, petted and fed and pampered and Kyra wasn't one to deny Croma this treatment. The lion looked up at her and Ari shook his head, "You big baby.." he chuckled drinking the remaining nectar. He looked at the flowers, they were in good bloom this year. He reached out and touched the pedal of one then smiled pulling back. It was strange, but being the God of the Sun, he was used to being destructive, so the most gentle and fragile things interested him.

When Kyra brought up his "birthday party" he couldn't help but cringe a little. He hated when she called it that, but he hated it being called a festival even more. He sighed when she brought up the throne and her part of the festival...He looked down then at her with a smile. "Actually this year Kyra, I want you to preform..." the smile was full of mischief. He had been trying to get her to preform at every festival, but this year he wanted her to do one for his. "Instead of fetching my drinks how about you get with Bali and join her dance this year? She is looking for an extra dancer" He poked fun at her, with a smile

Quotable Singing

13,675 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Hiro_Syzame

Kyra happily petted the lion when he came to her lap. Croma was a big baby, she already knew that, but he could also be quite grumpy if she didn't give him his favorite food after she had promised it. She was the one to mostly take care of him, like combing his mane and bath him, but still it was Ari who had the number 1 spot in his preferences. He was the one who would follow most of the time, but he would indeed search for Kyra whenever he wanted something, whether that was food, or simply more petting. This time she didn't refuse him and pet him some before sending him off to Ari. Thankfully he didn't growled in annoyance. Such a spoiled one he was sometimes!

When she mentioned that he wanted her to perform she froze with her hand that was about to get his empty glass staying in mid air. She widened her eyes "Are you serious master? You know i don't dance well! Well you don't know it, but i would hate it for you to find it out on your birthday! The only way i am doing it is if you promise you won't be mentioning it for the rest of my life!" she told him "I balance a tray in my hands better than i balance myself on my tip toes...and there is not enough time! The others have been practicing the choreography a month now! I can not learn it in a few hours even if i start now!" she added.

Timid Genius

8,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                                                              Son of the Rising Sun
                                                              ═ ═ ═

Ari smiled and reached over touching her hand. She was always so excitable, which is probably what made them a good fit as master and servant. They balanced out, Ari rarely ever showed excitement or any indication that he was thrown off. Once she calmed down he leaned back. "Do you think I would send you out if I thought you would make a fool of yourself. Balidona will be able to bless you with the grace and poise you need." he said pushing his hair back. "Besides I want you to do a solo dance, not what the others are doing. It would be the best gift you could give me." he honestly loved the idea of her performing. It would ease his time in the limelight.

He looked as Croma raised his head. He growled a little and looked at Ari before heading towards the door. "Must be Rayo. He's a bit early though" he said. He stood from the table. "Would you like to see the garb for tonight's festival?" he asked nodded for her to follow. He headed to the front room where Croma was already waiting at the door. Roya was standing with a wrapped box.

Quotable Singing

13,675 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Hiro_Syzame

Kyra's hand dropped as soon as he touched it, which also resulted in her unfreezing and flopping back down on her chair "P-performing? Solo? For you? Today? Oh master this will not be good. Even if i get blessed, i have never done this before. We grew together, you know it! Have you ever seen me dance other than jump around like an overjoyed lamb? No this is not good. Plus, i need a choreography, right? How will i learn one by tonight? I have other preparations too, like helping you get ready, hosting Apollo and make sure everything is ready for tonight and..." This piercing gaze of him made her shut her mouth and take a deep breath "Fine, you win. Happy Birthday" she said in defeat.

It seemed she wasn't ready yet though, because once they got up and she patted Croma gently to hush him she added "But you better not make fun of me if i am awful, because i swear i will never dance again in my life" she informed. Why couldn't she shut up today? She always spoke. Seeing the servant of the goddess of love she went to him "Good morning, Rayo. Thank you for bringing them over." she said and took the box. After some chit chat with her, the servant was gone "Master, i need you to put yours on in case they need corrections" she told Ari.

Timid Genius

8,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                                                              Son of the Rising Sun
                                                              ═ ═ ═

Ari didn't speak much to Rayo. He didn't intend to be rude or mean to him, but honestly he was not much of a conversationalist. It was easy for him to talk to Kyra because only she and Croma were the only ones he could talk to. Others got very few words from him, unless of course they were getting the anger of him. Sometimes called explosive, his anger was pretty powerful. It was a dark day for anyone unlucky enough to experience that side of Ari. He looked at Rayo and smiled and bowed to him when he headed off. He then turned to Kyra and smiled.

He wasn't proud to show it but he was really really excited to see what the goddess made him. He smiled widely when he opened up the package. Red and gold robes, with a gold belt and crown. He took the clothes and put the clothes on. They were loose fitting, but not too bad, in fact they were comfortable on him. He always wore his clothes loose due to his small, lean stature. HE came out of the room after admiring himself. "How do I look?" he asked

Quotable Singing

13,675 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Hiro_Syzame

Kyra gave him the clothes and let him go have his privacy to change as she knew that he wouldn't welcome her help as always. Well tonight though she would help him anyway, as she needed to make sure he looked absolutely perfect and nothing. While waiting, she wore her own clothes too. They looked great. She had a knee length dress, in the same color as Ari's to match with him, inspired by the ancient of ancient greek women, with a golden belt and golden hair ribbons. She could pick them up high in a braid bun this way. It would do!

She turned to look at Ari when he called her and she grinned "Absolutely stunning, master! The goddess did an excellent job! These clothes match your golden arm bracelet with your emblem, so it will be perfect for tonight. I do not think, they need more corrections, so you can take them off now. It seems everyone has been conspiring against me, because even my dress is suitable for dancing. Normally it would be a long one, but this is just....perfect for dancing. "she said with a small smirk "What do you wish me to do now? I was thinking to finish my chores, but maybe it is best if i go contact Bali for the dance. I still can't believe you dragged me into this, master"she said to him with a small frown.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff