Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Phantom

14,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Kame

Being on the run was exhausting.This little neko wanted nothing more than to find a quiet place and just hide out for a while, but with the ribbon on her wrist, now hidden under bandages, she could do no such thing. She let out a sigh as she stared at the arena before her. The next tournament would be starting soon, the one that would name the king of the demon world. It was a good idea, but this year it was being used. Being used to find and destroy the most powerful beings in all three worlds. Yusuke Urimeshi, Hiei of the Jagan, and Yoko Kurama. There was one more member of their group, but he had not been seen with them for a while, and the girls that often were seen with them were of no significance to the men who she was there looking for. She pulled the hood of the cloak she was wearing closer around her head and turned away from the arena. She was still hidden for now, her face anyway. She was hoping that she would not be discovered by the very people she had come here to save. Being found out would surly be a death sentence.

Lord Koenma
User Image
He paced across his office rather quickly, his small legs moving rapidly as he turned about and made his way back across the floor. He let out a huff and looked at the door expectantly, but once more no one came through it. He grumbled to himself, wondering just where Yusuke and the others were. He paged them, then sent Botan after them so that she could bring them directly there. He had received some disturbing news from an unknown source, and he had to get someone to check it out. A new spirit detective had not yet been chosen, so Koenma only had Yusuke and the others.

User Image
Keiko

Keiko sighed as she placed down her pen and read over her work. She was in her final year of college, and she was excited about becoming a teacher. It had taken her a while before she finally decided that she wanted to teach elementary students. She wanted to be a good influence on them, and give them a good start as children. As such, she had taken more classes and had to learn all about how to care for young children. It had been a long and stressful process, but finally she was almost done. She placed her paper into her folder, then into her messenger bag and placed it on the floor by her feet. She stood after that and pulled out her phone, speed dialing Yusuke. She always let him know, at least lately, when she had free time. They had not spent a lot of time together while she was in college, but as she was almost done, she wanted to make it up to him.
(I kinda ******** up and edited this post, to get my picture codes on my clipboard for copy paste, then forgot all about it and made my new post.... rewriting the old post....)

Popular Phantom

14,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Kame

'Should have just stuck to hiding, like I suggested, Kame.' Came a male voice within the mind of the neko. She gave a small roll of her pale green eyes, walking alone down a path. 'Even if I did that, they would still find us, you know that. Kisei has this ribbon attacked to me and keeps sending out his mongrels to sniff me out, meaning that I have to use the power that he is slowly stealing.' She stated matter-of-factly to her brother. He was silent for a moment before he spoke again. 'Do you think that last one was telling the truth? About Kisei having alerted spirit world to your presence?' He asked, Kame stopping and looking back the way that they had come. She had a bad feeling about future events, and considered, for a moment, returning to hiding. She knew that was impossible though.

'I gave him no other option to tell the truth. And the look on his face when he said it tells me that it's true. Kisei will use spirit world to flush me out. They do not know what I look like as of yet, so if you keep your power hidden, we will be okay.' She answered, once more her brother falling silent. For a time she walked in silence with her own thoughts before he spoke up again. 'Are you sure about this? Even if we managed to live through the fighting and the draining of our power, you know the laws.' There was a hint of anger to his voice, but it was more worried. 'I do. If we are found out, we will be put to death, as all other hybrids are. But I will not die before Kisei is dead and his plans, and the plans of his boss are at least put on hold. Perhaps Yusuke and the others will catch on and bring them all down.' 'Perhaps they will find you out and put an end to you.' 'Possible. But that is a risk we have to take. We may have done some terrible things, and you might want to see all three worlds burn and run red with rivers of blood, but I do not. I intend on stopping all of this before it starts, even if it costs me my life.' She said to her brother firmly, lifting her head a bit as she walked, quickening her pace. "I will not be the down fall of spirit world."

Lord Koenma
User Image
"Botan where are you?" Koenma demanded to the empty room. He had sent his assistant, George, away because the creature was pestering him more than usual. His temper was already high with the news that he had received, and it was growing with each moment that passed. He knew that the others might not be too happy with being pressed into working for him again, but if what he was told was true, they had no choice. The fate of all three worlds was in a far worse predicament than they have ever been.

User Image
Keiko

She got a return text, but it was longer than she expected. As she started to ear, her eyes widened and she read it faster, coming to the end and reading it again. "He's going to fight!? Again!?" She stood abruptly, grabbed her car keys and walked out the door. She wanted Yusuke to get his GED. If for no other reason than that he could say that he did. She didn't want him to be seen as one of those guy that never finished school. She knew he was far better than that, had seen first hand what he could do. That is why she pushed him so hard. She was sure Genkai would have done the same.
User Image -Kuwabara, Kazuma-

"TO SPIRIT WORLD!?" Kuwabara claimed loudly, he was excited."I've never been to Spirit world!"

"Yea, so if you ever wanted to see what it looks like up in the big cheese's place, now's your chance..." Yusuke replied, he sat outside on Botan's flying broomstick, try as he might- with the exception of the first time he died, he never visited spirit world himself- so he had no way of knowing how to do it on his own... just that latching onto Botan was how he got there the first time.

"I don't know... I've got college work to do and all... but hey, what about Keiko? You know she doesn't like you fighting.. gee I thought you were finally over that phase of your life." Kuwabara had a smug look on his face.

"I already let her know, mind your own business. Are you coming or not?" Yusuke responded.

"Fiiiiine, but I'll have you know I can't be out long. I have to make sure I get a good career, as a man, I have to be able to be dependable" So that one day, my Yukina and I can "Live happily ever after and have lots of kids... Yukinaaaaa..."

Yusuke and Botan sat there a bit creeped out at Kuwabara's splurge "... Just.... get.... on dummy!" Yusuke grabbed Kuwabara by the shoulder and Botan took off towards Demon world to fetch Hiei, she figured Kurama would meet them there since he knew how to get into spirit world on his own. Hiei did too, but he'd never attend like some dog being called by his master.

User Image -Yusuke Yurameshi-

Popular Phantom

14,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Keiko

Keiko made it to where Yusuke was staying, but he was already gone. She sighed and leaned against her car, sending him a text, demanding to know where he was. She was not about to let him leave her behind again. She had spent along time not knowing if he was okay or not. She did not want to go through it.

User Image
Yoko / Kurama

Kurama was already in spirit world. When he was told that Koenma wanted them, he made his way over right away. He took some time off from the job he normally worked, His family had gotten him the job after he had decided not to go off to college. His mother was a bit upset, but she supported him and was glad that he was happy. So he waited there for the others to arrive.
User Image
-Yusuke Yurameshi-

"Gimme a break, I may be married to her but it's not like we didn't know that I'd have to return to demon world anyways just to make sure some bloodthirsty demon didn't take control and come ruin our lives back at home! I'm doing the right thing here" Yusuke was absorbed in his conversation with Kuwabara as Botan piloted her stick.

"So you don't think she'll be upset? I mean, she is your wife and you use to always ditch her- just now she could think you're cheating on her hehehe" Kuwabara's goofy laugh hadn't changed, it was still pretty annoying.

Yusuke glared at Kuwabara. "I'm not that kind of guy..."

"It may have been about seven years ago but I'm sure you didn't hesitate to check out that chick demon with... the family jewels ppfff... hahaha" Kuwabara was enjoying the memories.

Yusuke's glare grew stronger "You're SO close to getting punched straight through this world and back to your room!..."

"There he is!" Botan screamed out as she saw Hiei doing almost nothing in his solitude, just staring out into the vast woods of demon world. "Glad this was easy, unlike the last time we were trying to find him..."

"When was this?" Yusuke asked as Botan parked her stick persay next to Hiei, who was now watching them intently.

"When you were kidnapped by Kito and his group." She responded, she started cracking up when she saw the blush on Yusuke's face, for someone as strong as him- that was a stain on his record he could never remove.

Kuwabara continued laughing, now at Yusuke's face. "But but but- haha... then we used a dog whistle to call Hiei, and he responded- hahaha" His laugh's now turned to Hiei, who had his own pouty face at how this clown got to crack jokes on both him and the ex-detective Mozaku.

"Is there a reason you've come? and is there a reason you had to bring this lump of worthless?" Hiei wasn't one for enjoying memory lane as much as Kuwabara. Botan quickly explained what was going on in response to his inquiry.

"Hm, so a fool seeks to steal the powers of someone more than likely stronger than him- to then play the role of the villain again... Yes, I'll admit, this does interest me- cleaning up humans isn't at all as entertaining as it was 3 years ago, and even then- it wasn't. But how might you suppose I enter Yamma's presence without causing mayhem- I already slaughtered some of his ex-guards a time before... now I can do several hundred times more than that, and I'm sure they know it." Hiei looked at Botan awaiting answers.

"You let us worry about that Hiei, now, are you coming?" Botan looked at Yusuke and Kuwabara and then her stick On second thought, is my broom even big enough?-

"Drive" Hiei demanded all of a sudden. Botan looked up to see that with just his feet connected to the stick in perfect balance, he took a hell of a lot less space than she thought he would- and she never even felt him get on, so his weight mattered nothing. She then took to spirit world with 3 of the crew.

User Image -Hiei, the Umiko-

Popular Phantom

14,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Keiko

No response. She stared at her phone, waiting but she knew that she would not get one. Letting out a sigh, Keiko tucked her phone away and gave up. She was left behind, and would simply have to wait, for now.

User Image
Yoko / Kurama

Kurama was waiting there for them when they arrived. He gave them a friendly smile as they arrived, one hand in his pocket. "It is good to see you all again. It has been far too long since last we were all together." He said to them all. He was glad to be with his friends again, even if it was something so deplorable. He had no problem joining the others in fighting for the worlds, but knowing that someone was trying to overthrow spirit world was troubling indeed. When they had all landed, and shared greetings, Kurama walked with his friends into Koenma's office. The kind of spirit world was in quite a bit of stress from the way that he was pacing, and as he rounded on them, the grim look on his face was cause for concern.

Lord Koenma
User Image
"Finally! Botan what took you so long?" Koenma demanded, then waved his hand dismissively, ignoring any answer that she would have given. "Never mind, we must get right to business." He explained, then shuffled over to his chair and took a seat. "As you all know, we've gotten some information that a powerful demon is making a move on spirit world. This will take place during the tournament that Yusuke set up, the one to choose the king of the demon world. This demon is going to steal the powers of another, one more powerful, and this demon is told us that their target is a hybrid. Kurama and Hiei know of these, though this is a neko and kitsune hybrid. They were made illegal by my father many years ago because they are normally incredibly unstable. They murder and cause destruction where ever they go. But since I have not heard of this one, it must be a rare case, one that can control itself." He paused here, clearly collecting his thoughts.

"We do not know the gender of this demon, nor what they might look like. You are all to enter the tournament and try to find the target, and the demon who is after this demon. We have to stop them from stealing the power of this hybrid."
User Image
-Yusuke Yurameshi-

"Oh hey Kurama, how's your mom been?" Yusuke asked with a smile towards his friend. However, he soon entered the presence of Koenma, who promptly began talking, and once he was done "What no tea? Heck even Yomi had more welcome than you pacifier junkie- but yea, I got ya"

"Is that all? Because if it is, I hardly find this visit worth it- the silly girl with the broomstick knew that much." Hiei spoke, he wasn't wrong- so far Koenma hadn't said anything that wouldn't be known as a surface detail. He expected more information on the informant or perhaps some clues as to what to start on or where to go, the tournament was about a month or so away.

Kuwabara was quiet, instead he found some interest in looking around- it looked like just an ordinary office. Save for a giant throat hallway and the ogre stock exchange-like scenario... he would've mentioned it- but he was sure nobody would get it.

Popular Phantom

14,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Yoko / Kurama

The information was troublesome. Kurama could see where Hiei was coming from. They had little information on either the demon who was going to attack, and the demon they were after. No gender, no appearance, nothing that would help them. It was frustrating, but Kurama could see how tense Koenma was and he could not help but feel this was important. "Hiei is right. We need more to go on."

Lord Koenma
User Image
"I know it's not! We got the message through a letter and we have been unable to track where it came from or who sent it. If we do not stop this unknown person, then the fate of all three worlds is in danger. If this person is able to get enough power to over throw myself and my father, then who knows what they could do." He told them, a very serious look on his face.
User Image
-Yusuke Yurameshi-

"Ok then, tell us, what on earth, demon or even spirit world do we do? Nobody here can locate anything without some form of a trail." Hiei asked, to be informed of the news was great and all, but that was it... it was just news.

Yusuke stepped forward "If there's nothing for us to do right now we might as well just sit it out and wait until they do something- then we smash their faces in right when they think they've won- because that's what we always do anyways."

Kuwabara looked at Yusuke Wow, he sounds just like the cocky punk he was back in middle school, he hasn't changed... and neither has Hiei, he still distrusts and seems to enjoy making a fool out of anybody.

Popular Phantom

14,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Lord Koenma
User Image
"Unfortunately I have to agree with Yusuke, at least on some things." He sighed, then took a seat and looked at them all. "We will not stand by and simply wait for them to get the power that they seek. You are all going to be at that tournament. If they are after you, then all of you will be there, so hopefully so will all of their agents. Your first priority will be to locate their first target and eliminate that person first. Hopefully with that power gone, they will give up, but I want to to try and locate those behind this, and eliminate them as well." He still had that grim look on his face. "I understand none of you want to do this, but it must be done, for the sake of all three worlds."
User Image
-Yusuke Yurameshi-

"Even though you're telling us to do what half of us already had planned, I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell me what to do- I'm not one of your lackeys and after 3 years protecting them, I'm not in the least any fonder to humans than before... and it's nothing new to have a tyrant demon ruling demon world." Hiei was aggravated by how Koenma was so demanding, he had no real pull over any of them- Hiei paid for his crimes, Yusuke was dishonorably discharged, Kurama and Kuwabara had their own lives to attend to.

Yusuke looked at Koenma, then Hiei, then back to Koenma. "Well, after 3 years of peace, I could use a good throw down- I'm gonna get going now, I got a tournament to prepare for and a wife to make sure will still make me dinner at the least. See ya Koenma." He ignored the fact he wasn't a spirit detective anymore, it's not like he wasn't going to the tournament, now he just had a reason to not lose.

Kuwabara looked at Koenma "I dunno, I got a lot of studying to do and I'm pretty sure my sister would flip if I left to where the strongest demons lived in..."

Botan knew Yusuke needed her to get back to human world, so she kept an eye on him making sure she knew where he was headed... waiting for Kuwabara to finish his speech and Koenma to answer probably.

Popular Phantom

14,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Lord Koenma
User Image
"Not so, Hiei. This demon is willing to kill anyone in their way to get to power, imagine what they will do once they have it?" He looked at them all sternly. "I understand this is a lot to ask from you all, but you will have to make time. No suitable spirit detective has been found, so you all are all we have. If you can defeat this demon, I will do my best to make sure you never have to do anything with spirit world again."
User Image
-Yusuke Yurameshi-

"Let's go already, clearly Junior here forgot that anybody who threatens my friends ends up on my asskick list just because, and then I'm still going to the tournament even if this idiot wasn't trying to do something- so consider it a favor pacifier breath." Yusuke had now been at the doorway, Botan was quiet, but she was glad that Yusuke agreed to help, and she followed him after a bow to Koenma, Kuwabara followed right in after her with a wave.

Hiei scoffed at Yusuke, then smiled. Typical Yusuke. He began following, his pace was slow though, he seemed to be waiting for Kurama.

Popular Phantom

14,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Yoko / Kurama

Kurama also gave a small bow to Koenma, though it seemed that the toddler king was far too worried to even consider the gesture. Kurama walked out, matching pace with Hiei. "You were quite clear on your point in there, but I feel you did not say all that you wanted to." Kurama said to his friend, looking ahead of them as he walked beside Hiei.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff