Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smoker

User Image

┎━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┒
x xxxxxxxxxx x
┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚

Falling asleep, morning, and the breakfast flew by. Soon, the two were off to the Thirtieth Dimension to meet up with the rest of their party. Chelle sat on a tree, while Jet leaned against it, giving Kit and Cain a wave. Chelle asked a question innocently, and Kit was immediately taken off guard. Chelle was the last person she would expect to ask such a question. She stayed quiet, slightly blushing, and let Cain do the talking.

With a while of walking, they found the boss. Jet was the first one to crack up in laughter. The boss seemed scary, due to its teeth, but in the end, it was an apple. Grinning, Kit distanced herself, hitting it with a few spells. After Jet stopped laughing, she attacked with Lyla.

Learned Noob

User Image

AIN x

W a k e x u p x a n d x f a c e x m e
D o n ' t x p l a y x d e a d x ' c a u s e x m a y b e
S o m e d a y xx w i l l x w a l k x a w a y x a n d x s a y . . .

Cain raised his brow when they all came across the boss, vaguely impressed by how much ugly and freaky it was. With all the team's efforts, they defeated it with ease. Chelle simply watched while continuing to eat her apple. The monster had snapped at her a few times whenever she had, but some member of the party had managed to distract it each time.

A day had passed in a typical manner and in the next day, they had already made it to Dimension 39 by noon time. After they had defeated the boss there, Cain put down his sword and checked his surroundings before even taking a look at the new items in his inventory.

"Sourpuss. That's the tenth time I've seen you so paranoid in this dimension.
            Care to tell us something?
            "
            Clyde demanded, his sword already back in his inventory. Despite the mild irritation in his voice, he actually looked concerned. Cain simply went back to his inventory. "Just a bad feeling," he said quietly.

Chelle folded both of her hands around her staff. "I sensed it too... I think we're being followed."

Smoker

User Image

x xxxxxxxxxx x

""I sensed it too... I think we're being followed."

The party, that seemed to clear all the dimensions with ease, was sharper than expected. To be safe, it would be better to teleport to the next dimension, rather than follow. They seemed to be getting too paranoid, and if he got caught, that wouldn't turn out well. Deciding to not chance it, especially with the Kit incident, a flash of light engulfed Zane. He reappeared in the next dimension, blending in with the town. Messaging some of his guildies, they headed to the town as well. This plan to rid the world of the evil, would work.

Neither Jet or Kit realized they had been being followed. Levy and Lyla seemed slightly more antsy than usual though. When Cain mentioned his bad feeling, and Chelle talked about being followed, Kit spotted a teleport light off in the distance, and pointed.

"Whoever it is, is gone now," she commented coolly. Being followed actually made her nervous, and she already had a hunch of who it was. She hoped her hunch was wrong.

Learned Noob

User Image

AIN x

When Chelle mentioned being followed and Kit pointed a finger to a fading light, Cain's feeling was confirmed. He tried to think of any reason anyone would follow their party, and he could only reach one conclusion. He looked over at Kit, and she didn't seem to be too comfortable either. He wondered if she had thought the same thing as him.

"It won't do us any good to stay here. We need to keep going," Clyde voiced. Cain met eyes with him, seeing he had a point, and searched for his teleport. "You're right. Let's go."

Dimension Forty was a port town, though instead of blue and sparkling ocean, the docks stood over murky swamp water. The town itself didn't seem to be in the best of shape either, flooded with smog and its aged wood constructions chipped from all sides. Cain was nearly afraid of walking across, with the ground beneath him seeming fragile enough to be crushed under the weight of his footsteps. Fortunately, when he did walk, it was sturdy as could be.

As they all tread further, however, Chelle did realize that while sturdy the floors were not quiet. She stopped dead in her tracks and glared over at a tall ship that was tied down to a dock near by them. "Over there," she said with absolute confidence. As soon as she did, footsteps that were audible to all ears sounded as a woman's figure- unclear from the smog- stood over them on a plank.

"You ruined our surprise," the woman said with a smile, and she turned, waiting for Zane to call out the next move. Cain grit his teeth, which had quickly transformed into fangs, recognizing her voice from the time he had been temporarily at the mercy of The Optima.

Smoker

User Image

x xxxxxxxxxx x

"Surprise?"

When Joyce, the Optima's second in command, stepped into view, Zane stepped out from the boat with his weapon at hand. Shooting the third in command a look, she stepped out from behind the party. They had them surrounded, and their targets were Cain and Kit. The rest didn't matter, unless they attempted to protect evil.

Before Zane could even nod and commence the attack, Kit immediately targeted him with magic. If he hadn't been paying attention, it would have been a definite hit. Luckily, he easily dodged. With his scythe equipped, he pointed at the group, and nodded. His fellow guildies had permission to attack.

Mercy targeted Cain quickly, and silently. With the flick of her wrist, her flail headed in his direction. She didn't care who was in the way of her shot. Her orders were to eliminate evil. The others in the party just stood in her way.

Jet's eyes widened as a spikey ball whipped in her direction. Quickly grabbing Chelle's hand, they fell into the dirty water. Even if the enemy wasn't after her, Kit and Cain were friends. Without hesitation, she sent Lyla after Mercy. Climbing back onto the dock, she equipped her bow. Mercy's eyes snapped off of Cain, and onto Jet. She was protecting evil and would be eliminated.

Leaving Cain to Joyce and Mercy, Zane targeted Kit. His choice would have been Cain, but Kit attacked him first. For a magician, she was swift on her feet. She attacked constantly, leaving Zane to dodge and no time to attack.

Learned Noob

User Image

AIN x

As the other girl tagging along with Zane flicked her wrist, Cain dodged her attack by hopping back. His eyes flickered to Jet and Chelle as they were caught up in the swing's direction, but luckily they both evaded it for the water. Not having time to sigh, he glared at the girl as she was preoccupied with Lyla, but this time moved in to help the attack. Just as he swung his sword, Joyce's sword blocked his hit.

The woman smiled, her appearance strikingly similar to the other girl with her long blonde hair tied up as it had been before. Her sword had several ridges on it, promising a painful cut if Cain were to have to deal with it. Cain forced her sword off his, taking another swing and this time a hit on her HP. It cut into her torso, though Cain's aim wasn't to slice cleanly through her. He smiled at her cruelly. "Step off and I might spare you," he warned, pulling his sword away and this time pointing it at her neck. It was a very similar fashion to when she had his sword at his, not that long ago. Her eyes widened, but then she laughed.

"Don't pretend to be soft now, when you abandoned our leader and killed that girl," she spat. Cain's grip wavered, not expecting the woman to know about that time, and his guard was lowered just enough so that the woman darted out of his reach and her sword was pointed to the sky but not even an inch from his nose. "I won't be soft, either."

A green glow surrounded Cain and all of a sudden he was paralyzed, though not by fear. When he tried to move, his feet were stuck, though he could still move his arms. His hand twitched when the woman pulled back her sword, her free hand raised as if going into her player inventory. Before he could question it, in the next flash, pain seared through his shoulder and the woman's sword was cutting into his flesh. Slowly, she pressed it further into him, and though it was a game Cain wondered if it could really cut through the bone. Crying out in pain, he tried to raise his sword but then his sword arm was limp from the pain. His other hand reached for her wrist, trying to wrench her hand away. The woman screamed and the pain subsided, but he could already tell that it wasn't from his doing.

"It's a shame you're a b***h. I would have said you were cute."

Clyde's sword was stabbed into her back, and the woman fell forward onto her knees, releasing her sword. She hissed something unintelligible under her breath, and Cain wasted no time to pull the sword out of his shoulder and fling it on the ground.

"Thanks," Cain said reluctantly, meeting eyes with Clyde. Clyde grinned, then he darted back to help the others. Cain moved too, drinking a health potion so he wasn't more of a hindrance than help, but even after doing so, the pain still roared in his shoulder. Ignoring it, he ran to help Kit, though it seemed the battle was nearing its end.

Smoker

User Image

x xxxxxxxxxx x

Dodging Kit's fire, Zane's eyes snapped to Mercy as the tiger lunged toward her, widening as she burst into pixels. With his second command badly injured and third command dead, it would be best to retreat.

As Cain ran to help, Zane smirked. "Retreat, Joyce." With a flash of light, he disappeared.

Kit clenched her fists as her fireball blew toward the area Zane used to be. He was fast, but next time, he would die. Biting her cheek, she turned around to face her party. "Is everyone okay?"

"I need a shower," Jet moaned, but she was perfectly fine.

Learned Noob

User Image

AIN x

Stopping in his tracks when Zane vanished from sight, Cain breathed heavily and lowered his sword. At Kit's question, he nodded automatically, though he glanced at his shoulder from the corners of his eyes. Though the cut from the woman's sword was healed and the flesh fully mended from the potion, it was still faintly a purple bruised color and the pain persisted to the point it was a task to lift his arm. It troubled him, but he pushed it out of the forefront of his mind.

When Jet spoke up, Cain laughed once. "We can probably stop at the inn somewhere in here." While the day was still fairly young, they could at least afford a break. Clyde sighed dramatically.

"After all we've been through together, we're still not invited to your guys' love next?" Clyde accused, knowing very well that the two shared a home. At this point the whole party probably knew.

"No," Cain said flatly, and without giving anyone time to argue, he started on his way. Chelle followed suit, not finding a point to argue in the first place. After walking through the docks for a short while, they found a ship permanently anchored to the town that was clearly an inn. Just as Cain started to climb its steps to the entrance, another wave of pain surged through him, but this time through his chest. His grip found the railing and tightened in a fist around it. Chelle, standing behind him, tilted her head at him as she noticed he seemed to be opening an inventory. He had taken out a bottle: one intricately designed with the shimmery red liquid she recognized to be an elixir. It was then she noticed the purple spreading from the shoulder under his vest, which only seemed to grow if anything after his drink. He seemed to not have noticed or cared, about to continue up the steps until Chelle grabbed him by his shoulder. He winced from pain and turned his head to glare at her.

"Purify," she said softly, and the purple under his skin seemed to glow. After a couple of seconds, the glow died and the purple remained, and Chelle pulled her hand back to her mouth in worry. "It's... not healing."

Well, s**t.

Cain stared into her golden irises that flooded with concern, opening his mouth to sarcastically thank her for the enlightening information, but truthfully the spoken statement worried him. He avoided the eyes of his party, not knowing what to say for once. "It must have been during that fight... and some poison," he spoke quietly, thinking back to when the woman seemed to be opening her inventory before slicing through his skin.

Smoker

User Image

x xxxxxxxxxx x

To Jet, getting a room at the inn sounded like an amazing idea. The water looked as disgusting as it felt, and it smelled. When Clyde mentioned going to their house, she smirked. It sounded like a good idea, but it was quickly denied. With a pout, she followed behind Cain in the direction of an inn.

"Purify," Chelle's soft voice spoke up, snapping Kit out of her daze. Her eyes immediately settled on Cain. Something was wrong. Freezing, her eyes widened as she stared at Cain's back. The wound he had gotten earlier wasn't healing. Could it have been poison? If it was, it usually had an antidote, right?

When Cain spoke up, Kit's guess was right. "We can find an antidote," she said quickly, stepping toward Cain.

Learned Noob

User Image

AIN x

When Kit spoke up, Cain looked at her only briefly as she approached. An antidote. It would have to be a unique one, as the ones he already tried were not effective. If a high class healer couldn't even cure him, he wondered what was left to do. Was this a death sentence? What if there wasn't a cure?

Cain said nothing for a long while, and then continued into the inn. "We still need some rest."

By the time everyone was settled in a four bed inn and Jet had time for her shower, Cain was pale. The poison was spreading fast, and the purple on his shoulder had morphed into a shape obscured by his vest. Not giving mind to whoever was present, he took it off and looked in a near by mirror hanging on the wall. The form of a purple spider was apparent across his back. He frowned, visibly disgusted.

"Looks gruesome," Clyde said solemnly, staring at the image. Cain turned to him sharply, not liking the pity in his eyes. "Thanks for the opinion." Clyde sighed, but said nothing to retort. Cain honestly seemed to be in pathetic shape, his face shy of white and his movements visibly more labored.

Cain looked to Kit out of the corners of his eyes. Did she think he was going to die as well? He didn't know how he would feel if he found pity in her eyes, too. His thoughts were interrupted when Chelle gasped.

"It's the boss item from Dimension 21." Grasping what she meant immediately, Cain opened his inventory. He had forgotten about the item, but it abruptly made sense. After giving the last hit for the spider, he had received a vial of spider venom that he had stored hoping to never use. He analyzed the item information, and found the answer he was searching for.

"A later boss will drop the cure," he realized aloud. Without any hesitation, he moved to the door, though he paused midway from the pain jolting through his legs. Clyde narrowed his eyes while Chelle sighed, and Cain hated it.

Smoker

User Image

x xxxxxxxxxx x

As soon as the group made their way into the inn, Jet headed to the shower. Kit stared at Cain as he pulled his shirt off. Her eyes were hardened. Even though she was scared, he would get through this. Something as lame as poison would not kill him, especially not by the hands of the guild.

"A later boss will drop the cure." Cain immediately moved toward the door, but didn't made it too far. Standing up, Kit slammed him onto the bed. "We'll split up. You can stay here with Jet," she told Cain. It wasn't a suggestion, but knowing him, he would be stubborn. "If you try to follow, you're only going to be a burden," she told him coldly, making her way out the door.

Learned Noob

User Image

AIN x

In another situation, Cain wouldn't have minded so much about Kit shoving him down on the bed. That was not the case, however, and as much as he hated to admit it, he was powerless to oppose her. Irritation crossed his face, though he knew better than to direct it at Kit. She had a point: if he tried to go along he would end up falling over at some point, if not hasten his death. So instead he glared at the wall. When he heard the door swing open, he glanced at her back as she left.

Cain hated to not be the one to get his own antidote, and more than that Chelle and Clyde had went with her. As ridiculous as it was, after all that happened, he was caught off guard that the rest of the party so readily went to help him. Him being poisoned was the perfect excuse to leave him behind, guilt free.

Along the way to the dimension's boss, Clyde and Chelle followed side by side short behind Kit. Though none of them knew which boss would have the cure, Cain seemed confident and Chelle thought it was a reliable assumption. All they knew was that they were short on time. Thinking back, Clyde caught up to Kit and matched his pace to hers.

"So, who were they?" he asked, his gaze settled firmly on her. The group attack was clearly a surprise, but there was no mistaking the recognition in Kit's and Cain's eyes. Chelle faintly wondered just how much the two have been through together. Perhaps it went past just being lovers-- the two had a history tying them together in the game.

Smoker

User Image

x xxxxxxxxxx x

As Kit walked out the door, she could feel Cain's eyes burning into her back. As soon as she was sure he was unable to hear, she let out a sigh. Her words were on the harsh side, but she would rather him be alive and mad than dead because she let him come along. Clyde's question snapped her back to reality. Glancing at him, she started to speak.

"That was the guild. Long story short, that man is the leader, and we might have pissed him off earlier in the game." She forced a smirk, and continued to walk.

Learned Noob

User Image

AIN x

That seemed more than just maybe pissing him off. Clyde laughed humorlessly. "What makes pisses off a person so badly he starts a guild dedicated to your deaths?" he asked, half-joking, half-serious.

Though Chelle kept an ear on the conversation, she chose to not participate in it despite her own questions. She already detested the guild, for more reason than simply attacking her friends. How people could kill each other so ruthlessly... If it wasn't for Jet helping her out even in the game, Chelle probably would have died in the first dimension because of the same type of people.

The thought gnawed on her mind all day. Four bosses later, and no boss. Cain was going to die if they didn't find the cure within the day, and it was already getting dark.

As they walked through the jungle of the Forty-fourth Dimension, Chelle steeled her nerves after brushing a vine out of her path. "If this boss isn't it... Cain will most likely be dead before we can defeat the next one." As cruel as the words were, it was sounding like a very possible reality, and Chelle wondered if Kit could accept that. Clyde stopped to look back at Chelle before looking at Kit, his expression unreadable. Though he didn't like the taste of the words, they were probably true. If this one wasn't it, how would Kit fare?

Meanwhile, back at the inn, Cain was falling in and out of consciousness. Sweat dripped down his temples and his skin was completely pallid from head to toe. Slowly, the burning sensation was trading off for a numbing one. When it did, he smiled grimly. "Kit still isn't here," he noted to Jet needlessly shortly after waking up again.

Smoker

User Image

x xxxxxxxxxx x

"He was a beggar when we met him... I'm pretty sure anyone would have denied him help," Kit started. "He's overly sensitive, and full of himself if he thought otherwise." Tapping her chin, another thought hit her. "Around when I met you, Clyde, was the first time he tried to pull something." Her fists balled up at the thought. (I think it was when they met Clyde? AHFHKLD)

Scratching his nose, Zane let out a sneeze. Narrowing his eyes, he thought out loud. "Someone's talking about me...."

Level after level, and four bosses later, they hadn't been successful in finding the cure. At Chelle's word's, Kit's eyes hardened. This boss had to be it. She wouldn't let Cain die over something stupid, like poison.

The group had sent Jet a few messages, keeping her up to speed on their boss hunt. They hadn't had any luck. Pulling up a chair, Jet sat close to Cain's bed. With a cold, damp washcloth, she dabbed at the sweat on his face. Were they going to lose him? If the thought made her sad, she didn't want to think about how that would affect Kit. Snapping her out of her thoughts, Cain spoke up. As she watched Cain, she couldn't hide her concerned expression. "She'll be back, and when she is, she'll have the cure."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff