Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Her lack of answer worried him for a moment.

Very briefly, Dante tensed with her in his arms. He was uncertain of her response until her smile breathed a sigh of relief unto him. Close one, Dante. Close one. He thought to himself as she teased him from outside the bathroom.

Foregoing the fact he was wet, he straightened his posture and lingered at the threshold of the bathroom door. His mouth parted open as he hung in the doorway, smirking at Iris sultrily. “Well, well. We’re uh here all by ourselves.” Exhaling a heady breath, he raised both arms to block passage back into other room. “I don’t see why we can’t play a little game of strip poker; then again we’re already naked so…we might have to play a different card game. Uno was never my thing…” He sauntered over to her, slowly, painstakingly just to tease her a bit.

When Dante finally stood at the base of the bed, he was looming over Iris a bit. A devious smirk played on his lips. “Or we could play some naked twister, that’s always fun.” His arms slid around her waist, gently rubbing the small of her back. “It’s totally up to you though…” Hot lips pressed against the base of her throat and kissed there, trailing up just beneath her earlobe before suckling gently on the soft part of flesh there. “Just…you…and me…’ He purred. “And you’re all mine…” He grinned deviously.
--
Was that…? No. He couldn’t possibly be smiling. It wasn’t Vergil’s thing, especially not in public. He’d damn sure try his hardest to hide it from anyone out in the open. Mara wondered, briefly, if his time spent in the demon realm had anything to do with how reserved he was in his behaviour. Yet, despite his hard, dark, coated shell he had a creamy sweet center.

Mara could barely hide the smirk twitching at the corner of her mouth at his morbid joke. Yet she knew, from the first time, he wasn’t serious about it. Even as the waiter came about near the end of his dark humour, looking somewhat concerned, Vergil maintained his cool and ordered for them. Could he try and hide how sweet he was in public any more than he already showed it?

She paused in the middle of her reading to glimpse Vergil silently ordering something else, to which led her mind to wonder. It certainly wasn’t her birthday, for that was sometime away in March. Wait. Would he even remember her birthday from 12 years of separation? Nah. Impossible.

She sounded a little hoarse when she spoke next, still trying to get used to talking normally again after all the screaming she performed under Fenix’s torture. “This is…adequate.” She joked, cracking another smile in regards to the service and shows of affection. Even if they were subtle, the gestures were definitely appreciated by her consciousness. The tablecloth over the table allowed appropriate coverage and she gave a light push against his leg with her foot playfully. “It may even be more than average.” The last part she couldn’t keep a straight face and covered a hand over her mouth to avoid the snorting little squeak that escaped her. “I’m…sorry.” She inhaled a deep breath. “I can’t…” Exhaling, she straightened her posture, opening her napkin to lay it across her lap. “Considering the um, day is not quite over yet, I’m to assume you have other clearly diabolical plans in store. I mean…you plot my doom on a semi-regular basis. Don’t you?”

When the waiter returned, he had the two teapots and a few sweets set on one of the tea towers. Carefully, he set the fairy cup down and left Mara to her own imagination for several moments. “For the pretty lady,” He complimented, beaming at her.

She sat there stunned by the little treat, unsure whether to thank him now or when the server left. The compliment had her turn her head a bit and she offered her thanks to the waiter, politely, before he toddled off to tend to his other tables.

“Wow…” Mara whispered, lifting the plate up in her hands and turning it this way and that. “This is…really cute.” A giggle escaped her and setting the plate back down, she reached across the table to brush his fingers atop the back of his hand. “Thank you…Vergil. It’s lovely.”

Her hand soon drew from his though in an attempt to keep the affectionate contact to a minimum while they were out in public. “You never did specify exactly what third date activity was exactly. Subtracting skinning your potential date aside…” She smoothed the napkin over her lap as she reached for the fairy cup.

Mara admired the craftsmanship for the sweet little treat, taking the time to think just how fortunate she was for Vergil’s change of heart. Iris was right. Sempai did notice me. A smile couldn’t help but twitch at the corners of her lips in deep thought before it faded. What if he didn’t come with them after their tour here?

Carefully, the violinist set the cup down and reached for her tea instead, steadily pouring herself a serving before she cradled the cup for warmth in her hands. “…we have a few more things to take care of before we leave the city.” She confessed. “…You’re…you’re welcome to come with us, if you want. But…you…you don’t have to Vergil, not if you don’t want to.”

Why was she worrying so much about if he would follow her or not? Did he not confess to her earlier that he would never leave her alone again? She could not let these fears get the best of her, despite the abandonment she’d suffered as a child from the demonic circumstances. “…I mean…I want you to come with us.”
-