Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Seeker

>A 1x1 sci-fi/crime RP created by ChickenBear for himself and his partner in crime Blackened Halo.

The year is 2114. Technology has advanced an incredible amount the past through years especially in the field of medicine and stem-cell research. Hearts, limbs and any part of the human body can be created to your needs if you ever found yourself needing replacements. It is also possible to create clones but they were outlawed in 2102. You can also get enhancements, biological or cybernetic enhancements that can make you smarter, faster, strong or whatever suits your needs. Of course this is very impressive but it costs a lot of money to get the best medical care of this day and age, if you were rich enough you could live your life three times over. The medical field isn't the only thing to advance, architecture, weapons, fashion, electronics, clean energy all this and more has advance surpassed what it was a hundred years ago.

Our story begins with a little history. In 2057 a scientist named Rothe began working on project "Fountain of youth" the idea was to create modified cells of every cell in the human body and make them rejuvenate. After many years of experimenting and many failures he successfully created rejuvenation cells which could never lets the body's cell die and kept a steady and healthy pace through the body, this also meant the moment these cells were added to the body that person would no longer age, becoming immortal. At the turn of the century in 2099 Rothe vanished before the 'Korean desolation' of 2104 where the Korean's nukes were sabotaged and set off preemptively. Having built his career as a weapons technician and having a hand in the design of the nukes it was believed Rothe was to blame. Now ten years on in 2114 Rothe's face has emerged and now half the planets are after him, some for his weapons, some for his medical miracle and others to see him dead. Two Agents of the INDEX security firm have been hired by an unknown source and like half the world have been ordered to take Rothe out.

Greedy Seeker

Character Skeleton

[align=center]
[color=color1]▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄[/color]
(Image Here)
[color=color1]▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄[/color]
[size=18][b]Character Name Full[/b][/size]
[color=color2][i]"Character Quote"[/i][/color][/align]

[color=color1]Codename:[/color] [color=color2](Nickname)[/color]
[color=color1]How old are you?[/color] [color=color2] (Age) [/color]
[color=color1]Do you have any enhancements?[/color] [color=color2](Biological and/or cybernetic, state what they do.) [/color]
[color=color1]And of course you're obviously... [/color][color=color2](Gender)[/color]
[color=color1]Is that a weapon?[/color] [color=color2](sci-fi or traditional, your choice)[/color]
[color=color1]Your file say's your very qualified. [/color] [color=color2](BIo/History)[/color]
[color=color3]You're really controlled by... [size=9](Username)[/size][/color]

Greedy Seeker

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
User Image
Noah Arrk
"They say I'm lucky, I don't feel like it"

Codename: Fortune
How old are you? 28
Do you have any enhancements? Cybernetic reinforced ankle plates, allows Noah to jump higher and survive high drops.
And of course you're obviously... Male
Is that a weapon? Handgun with teaser shot.
Your file say's your very qualified. When Noah was 18 he joined the united nations army, he was trained and ready within two years and severed six years on the field, he got his enhancement when he took a shot to the ankles after being captured once. He left the army because of his little sister Lilith, illness had ravaged the public in recent years and their parents lives had been claimed by it. Noah has been able pay for daily care for his little sister, thanks to his job with Index security. Now with the surface of Rothe Noah has been partnered up with another agent to take him down.
You're really controlled by... ChickenBear

Blackened Halo

User Image
Alessa Naomi Steele
The quiet ones are the ones who strike first.

Codename: Purple Butterfly
How old are you? 20
Do you have any enhancements? Alessas eyes were removed and cybernetic ones were put in place. They are able to pick up thermal imaging.
And of course youre obviously... Female
Is that a weapon? Chained daggers.
Your file says your very qualified. Alessa was blind from the time that she was born. At the age of 6, her parents took her in for an elective surgery to replace her eyes with cybernetic ones. They implanted a chip into her brain to pick up the images and from there on out she had tune ups every 3 years. The doctors kept a close eye on her and monitored everything she did. As time went on she went to several specialty schools ranging from normal education to weapon training. She was in the top 5 of her class, and when people were looking to take Rothe out her school gave her name to the employers saying that she would be perfect for the job.
Youre really controlled by... BlackenedHalo

Greedy Seeker

User Image
Noah Arrk

Entering the hospital always made Noah feel nauseous, a weird feeling he would always get in the pit of his stomach whenever he came to visit Lilith. Walking through the hospital's lobby he didn't really look around as he had seen it all before, medical staff rushing around, other visitors coming in and out. Noah only had to wave to the receptionist to gain entry, Lilith was admitted nearly two years ago and had been living in a private care room in the hospital ever since. Noah had been told many times that there was no known cure for what had been named 'Cravlipse disease' the aliment which plagued his sister and all that could be done is to monitor and sustain her current condition. Lilith wasn't a lone case, many had been claimed by the same disease and had similar rooms and care to Lilith, it was a shame to admit that only those who could afford it got this level of care. Noah's job with INDEX pays him very well but even with the given sum he has had to take out loans and even go without eating, his home is a single room apartment and has to use the bathroom of the restaurant down the road from him, but it was worth it to help his sister.

Knocking upon entering Noah was met with by a nurse who greeted him kindly as always. The room's windows were shut and only lit by artificiality lighting which was still rather dim, it was due to Lilith being sensitive to sunlight. Noah found Lilith tucked in tight on her bed, she was entertaining herself as she often did by drawing. Her long jet black hair was pinned up to keep it away from her eyes and away from the equipment. She was attached to several pipes and a breathing apparatus, all to keep her going. Noah stood just inside the room as he watched his twenty year old sister immersed in her artwork, he was stood there a solid minute before he was noticed. Lilith looked up a gave him an innocent smile through her breathing mask putting her sketch pad to the side of her, she tired to say his name but only quiet gasp for air could be heard. Noah took to her bedside and picked up the sketch pad, "It's beautiful" she had drawn a picture of two humming birds hovering around some flowers, Lilith was very talented.

Lilith raised her hands and pointed at her ears. Noah smiled to her as he reached into his blazers inside pocket where he retrieved a set of earphones with the rest of the device. "I uploaded 300 more songs as requested" Lilith eagerly took them from him and smiled brightly as she scanned the list of songs upon the miniature screen. "Look Lilith, I've got to leave the country for a little while, so I won't be able to visit" Lilith looked saddened by the statement and leaned over to him, and pulled him forwards a little, enough to hug him and kiss him on the forehead. Noah spent the next few hours with Lilith talking about her art, and telling her what was going on in the world, he stayed until she fell asleep, he kissed her on the forehead and made sure to leave the room quietly.

It was still light out, but would become dark soon enough. Noah took a taxi from the hospital to the nearby airport where it had been arranged that he and his new partner would met. Noah made his way through the crowds and onto the airfield where a private plane was readying for a long flight, that was his plane. Noah went up the small staircase onto the plane and worked his way in, the plane was posh in appearance, wine bottles sat in coolers and the chairs were made for comfort rather then safety. It was very spacious and had little seating, Noah took a seat and pushed a button on the table in front of him, a thin glass screen rose from it a automatically went to the needed channel. "Ah Noah there you are" said a middle aged man with fashionable expensive clothing and a neat trimmed beard, INDEX's founder CEO and Noah's boss Benedict Cargna.

HolyKnightMeiz's Husbando

Beloved Friend

User Image
Alessa Steele
User Image
Alessa hadn't been with index for too long. If her memory served her right, she had joined on her 17th birthday which was a little over 3 years ago. Now, she had been told that she was going to be getting a partner soon and that she would have to meet him. That was not something she was looking forward to. Alessa was never good at getting along with others and it worried her. She got off of the bed before brushing her long purple hair. It had been a while since she was on a plane and she needed to get her eyes tuned up before she got ready to leave. Alessa didn't know much about her soon to be partner except that it was a male a bit older than her. She really wished that she could have gotten more information but they would meet soon. They were to meet in a different country, somewhere where they could get to know each other then learn what they were supposed to do in better detail. Alessa got her dress and boots on before she heard her bedroom door open. An older looking gentleman about 12 to 15 years older walked in. He was the CEO's son, Brian and had been put in charge of making sure Alessa was prepared for the trip. "We have to go now, the doctors are waiting for you and if we take too long it'll delay us leaving tonight. I want to arrive before father and get it set up for him. So move." He ordered before he reached out for her and grabbed her wrist before walking.

Alessa felt his firm grip wrapped around her wrist as she reluctantly followed him to the bottom floor of the building. When the large elevator doors opening, she was led out and brought over to a large metal table and laid on it. Her eye mask was removed and they put restraints on her as they got ready. They held her eyelids open as they examined her eyes. She cringed a bit as the right one got removed and hooked up to a computer. When it seemed as if everything was in order they put the eye back in and let her go. She put her mask on and then rushed with the man to catch the plane. Alessa sat in her seat and sighed before she tried to relax a bit. When the plane took off, she knew that if she slept it wouldn't seem as long until they landed. User Image

Greedy Seeker

User Image
Noah Arrk

It wasn't long before the plane took off, a young woman had taken her seat not to far from him, and Noah was yet to hear what Mr Cargna had to say, Noah tapped the side of his seat while he watched his employer upon the glass screen. He seemed to be in between conversations with guests in his office and Noah on the plane. Noah was hearing snippets of conversation from others that he cared nothing about. Noah was kept waiting for around five minutes when Mr Cargna found a chance to speak to him alone. "I'm sorry about that Noah, Now where was I?" He questioned Noah he hopes that he could bring him up to speed. Noah sighed a little and stopped his tapping "You were yet to give the mission ledger" The man had been that busy in the past moments he hadn't even began his conversation with Noah.

Mr Cargna laughed off his forgetfulness and pressed a button which informed him of the planes occupants. "Ah I see Miss Steele made it, be a sport and call her over Noah" A picture of the young woman appeared on the screen and Noah's eyes shot straight at her. "Hey" was all Noah said to get her attention and gestered for her to come and take to seat across from him. "Good, now we can begin, As you both may know we've had difficulty identifying who has hired INDEX, or exactly you two for this mission. However We do know they paid a large sum in advanced and have level 5 clearance into every country on the planet. And as we're not the only one's with the goal of removing Dr. Rothe it's safe to assume we won't get into any political trouble. I will however advise you to be prepared, Dr. Rothe is an intellectual man and will be prepared for anything, you will also have to be careful of other who are after Rothe" Noah wondered at who had hired them, he guessed them to be a member of the united nations council. All members had that level of clearance. Civilians had level one, and people like Noah had up to level three, it basically meant they had permission to enter an active war zone if their work ever brought them there. Mr Cargna was surrendlt ambushed by hordes of employee's once again and quickly said good luck and goodbye to both Noah and Alessa.

Noah looked over a document that took the place of Cargna and proceeded to read it, the document held information on the activity of Rothe, although much of it was blanked out Noah found what they needed, the location of Rothe. According to the document Rothe was hiding in the Korean Desolation, their destination. Noah put the glass screen away and looked to the purple haired partner he would be working. He wasn't much of a talker and so proceeded to try and sleep through the flight, it would be a long one.

Blackened Halo

Beloved Friend

User Image
Alessa Steele
User Image
When Alessa started to get comfortable in her seat, she noticed a dark haired male motioning for her to sit in the seat across from him. Getting out of her seat, she walked over and sat in the seat across from him. She looked at him up and down, noticing that his ankles were colder than the rest of his body which told her that he had work there. From an outside look Alessa just seemed blind. Her eyes were always covered by a mask and her hair hid the scars from the chip implantation surgery. She listened intently at the order before nodding. "Don't worry boss. You chose the best for the job we will do great I'm sure." Alessa said, trying to sound as confident as possible. In all truth, she was nervous about working with someone she hadn't met before. Usually people would react weirdly to her because of her blindness but she jus hoped that this guy wasn't the same as the others. She gently stroked the weopon she had on her right side before sighing. When she saw the guy holding something, she could tell it was paper of some sort but she couldn't read it. She could only see where his fingers had been. Alessa was worried when she heard the boss rush off but then shook her head. She glanced at her partner, thinking about talking to him but when she saw him start to drift to sleep she sighed and fell asleep as well. Alessa knew that she would just have to try again when they landed.
User Image
ChickenBear

Greedy Seeker

User Image
Noah Arrk

Noah opened his eyes to see his new partner Alessa asleep across from him. Noah stood up and stretched out as he walked to the planes bathroom to relieve himself. Once he had washed his hands he headed up to the cockpit where the plane was piloted by two men, both turned to him as he entered. "Sleep well" The co-pilot say jokingly to Noah who didn't respond in kind. Noah leaned against the two chairs and looked out of the window ahead, where he could see the reason why their destination was called the Korean Desolation. What was once north Korean was now a wasteland nothing but what once was and a blackened ash covered crater. Noah turned to leave as let the pilots do their job. "Let me know if there're any problems"

Returning to Alessa he lightly shook her to wake her up then took to the refreshment bar, where a stranger sat at, a representative from INDEX on other business. Probably on the border of the Desolation where they were to land. The stranger smiled to Noah and held him a bottle of water which Noah thanked him for and returned to his seat. He took a few gulps from the bottle and placed it down before staring at Alessa.

Normally Noah had worked alone as it meant he wouldn't have to split the paycheck but seeing as this mission had a big payout and that it would be harder to do this alone Noah didn't mind a partner for once. "It's Alessa right, how are you feeling?" He asked because if she wasn't ready for this mission she might as well stay on the plane for a return trip. Noah didn't imagine she would though as she came highly recommended.
Blackened Halo

Beloved Friend

User Image
Alessa Steele
User Image
When Alessa felt a hand on her, gently shaking her from her sleep her body jumped on high alert. She went to grab her weapon, but stopped when she saw that it was her new partner. Exhaling softly, she moved her hand away from the chain. Turning her head, she watched as he went over to where the refreshments were. When he took his seat again, he started to drink some water all while staring at her. It was quite frustrating in her book. When he spoke to her and asked how she was, a small smirk formed on her lips. She couldn't tell whether she should be nice to him or question his staring. For now, being nice would he her best option.

"Yes, my name is Alessa. I'm doing alright, Thankyou. I had a last minute check up before our departure so I must apologize that I was tired. But I am alright, Thankyou. And how about you? Mr Arrk, correct? How are you doing? Are you alright being my partner? Any questions or concerns you want to voice because I think it's best if we work well together." She said before crossing her arms and blowing a few strands of hair away from her cheek.

ChickenBear

Greedy Seeker

User Image
Noah Arrk

Noah was glad he got her name right, he didn't want to misaddress her and have the embarrassment of of remedying it later like he had experienced in the past. Noah took a sip from his water before answering to his partner. "I'll admit I was a little hesitant with working with another but I'm sure it'll work out and please call me Noah, I'm not big on formalities" Noah set down the bottle he was drinking from and crossed one leg over the other and rested his chin against his knuckle. He had noticed earlier that she had gone to reach for her weapon meaning that she had quick reflexes and could more than likely have no problems handling herself in a fight. Noah didn't question her mask, maybe she was blind with implants or maybe it was a fashion accessory, as long as she could perform well Noah wouldn't mind not knowing.

A blue light flashed above their heads telling all passengers that the plane was about to descend and they should take to their seats. Noah buckled up and waited for the plane to land and come to a stop. When it had landed and cargo was being unloaded, the man who Noah saw at the food bar had gone to over see it, Noah didn't make it his business to know everything INDEX did, he just took jobs and got paid. Noah stayed on the plane while his put on his gun's holster and placed ammo clips in various places on his person. He exited and joined with Alessa as they left the airport and got into a jeep that would take them closer to the Desolation border. The ride was bumpy and rough because of the terrain but they weren't going to escape it so Noah made the best of it. "So how'd you get INDEX's attention, I mean how did you come to be employed by them!" Noah had to yell a little due to the roar of the engine and chuck and clunk sounds the vehicle made as they drove.

Blackened Halo

Beloved Friend

User Image
Alessa Steele
User Image
Alessa nodded a bit when he said that he didn't like formalities. That was fine by her, she wasn't a fan either but she had figured that she would be polite. "Oh okay then Noah it is. I look forward to working with you on our missions." She said simply before she stretched a bit and uncrossed her arms. Her hand gently stroked her blade as she thought about everything that they had to do. Alessa never liked being bored and other than the plane rides she was always entertained.

When the plane finally landed, Alessa stood up and got ready to get off of it with Noah. She heard him get himself ready, hearing the familiar clicking of a gun holster along with a few things of ammo being put away. "So you're a gun user; that's very good to know." She said softly before she followed him to the Jeep. Sitting beside him, she held onto the seat a bit as they rode to their destination. The chain from Alessa's weapon jingled from the bumpy terrain, the bumpiness making her laugh a bit.

When Noah started to spark a conversation again, he raised his voice to be heard over the car and everything else going around. For normal people that made sense but Alessa had been born blind and her hearing was better than most. But more than that, she found his question to be quite entertaining. A smile formed on her lips as she thought about how she could answer. "I was in the top 4 of my class in weapon school. The person who was number 5 was Mr Cargna's son. When he went to visit his son at school he met me and here I am. I'm good at what I do, believe me. How about you, how did you join?"

ChickenBear

Greedy Seeker

User Image
Noah Arrk

Noah caught what she said just about over the noise, Noah had heard of the school one that was very difficult to get into in the first place. The jeep hit a bit of a hill but continued on with a big bump and a second of air. Noah kept up the volume he was speaking unlike Alessa thinking back wasn't an ideal to think on so he kept it short for his own sake. "Ex-UNA, I needed the money and Cargna needed me" Noah felt it was a satisfactory answer he had no reason to go into detail. The driver of the jeep looked back at the two before slowing down as they entered what once was a town, nothing but ruins now.

The driver dropped them off and turned back and headed off as fast as they had gotten there. Noah kicked a pebble and looked out into the ruins, from here they went by foot, money had brought them a ride from a local but sometimes there was never enough money to bribe fear.
The air was musky and dirty but wasn't poisonous, not anymore. They were likely to come across scavenges at some point, groups of them digging down in hopes of valuables lost in the corrupt earth, as long as they kept their distance from them they would be fine but like Mr Cargna said they weren't the only ones looking for Rothe, they had to be careful of the competition.

Blackened Halo

Beloved Friend

User Image
Alessa Steele
User Image
Alessa listened to his answer to her question. It wasn't detailed, but it was enough of an answer to her. Her purple eyebrows furrowed a bit in confusion when the driver turned to look at them. The vibrations from the jeep's motion stopped and Alessa jumped out of the car. She grabbed her backpack, slinging it over her shoulder before they started to walk. Alessa coughed a bit as she adjusted to the air. For the most part, the area seemed vacant and to her guess there weren't many buildings around, if any.

"So we walk it. How boring.." Alessa muttered softly as they kept walking. All of a sudden her eyes picked up some heat coming in the form of 10 people. Of course if they were armed she couldn't tell, it's not like she had X-ray vision although at this point it would be nice. "We have company Noah." She said softly before she placed a hand on the handle of one of the blades. Her body tensed up and she heard a gun shot go off, unsure of whether it was Noah or an enemy. She looked around to see that the bullet was coming towards them. The heat from the shot still absorbed into the metal of the bullet. Throwing her blade at it, the bullet was smacked away before she used the chain and pulled the blade to her, catching it by the handle.

She used her free hand to grab the other handle and looked around. Biting her lower lip, she ran off in the direction of some of them. Her forwardness catching them off guard a little. While she was busy going after 5 of them, the other 5 went after Noah. Alessa hoped that Noah was going to be okay, but she had to trust that he could handle himself. It seemed that not all of them had guns of the old kind, some had sword or knives and the two leaders had a laser gun. The one with the laser was her favorite, his attack was deadlier but she could see the laser easily due to the heat it gave off. She jumped up, trying to avoid the laser and in the process a bullet grazed her side. It tore her dress and blood dripped down her side. A small smirk formed on her lips as she just went faster with her weapon, taking out all the people she was fighting.
ChickenBear

Greedy Seeker

User Image
Noah Arrk

The air stank but Noah was finding the walk rather pleasant and peaceful, up until Alessa notified him of an incoming force. Noah came to realize the her eye must have been cybernetic it order to realize the coming attack. Moments later the group of ten were upon then, Alessa showed strength and speed as she began to take off half the group. While she charged the five Noah stayed put and let the enemy come to him.

Two men charged at him both with obvious cybernetic enhancements to their arms increasing their strength, both came at Noah thrashing their fists forward. Noah crouched down swiftly and jumped an easy ten feet into the air, in mid-air he drew and aimed his gun at a third that was aiming at he. Noah fired a single elelectrofied bullet the shocked and fried the gunners nerves systems, Noah bent his knee down as he descended and delivered a heavy blow to the one's head, Noah bounced off a rolled away from the three still on him, one had a knife, the second a muscle enhanced thug and a man with a laser rifle. They had Noah one the ropes for a minute or two but he kept up with dodging until he had an opening. The leader with the laser fired a beam at Noah while the thug tried to grab him. Jumping out of the way the laser ripped throug the thugs torso like a knife through butter, seeing the death of a comrade the one with the knife turned and began to flee for his life. Noah fired a few pop shits at the leader to suppress him while Noah landed on the ground. Charging Noah ran straight for the leader at speed and punched him in the face knocking him straight over. With a pull of the trigger Noah executed him then turned and crouched to aim at the fleeing knife weirder, controlling his breathing Noah sqweased the trigger, in the distance a body hit the ground running.

Blackened Halo

Beloved Friend

User Image
Alessa Steele
User Image
Alessa put her weapon back on her hip before she watched Noah fight. She was amazed at how well he could handle himself and she was happy that such a competent person was her partner. Alessa walked over to him and looked around a bit more. "It seems that they were the only ones around for now. I think it would be in our best interest if we move faster. Eventually we will need to find a place to rest up. This just shows we will have plenty of obstacles to face." Alessa said before she placed a hand over the wound to slow the bleeding. She would make sure to keep an eye out while they walked. The last thing she wanted was for them to get ambushed because she wasn't paying attention. She held a tighter grip on her bag while they walked. "When it gets dark I will set up a place for us to sleep. This place looks so vacant I doubt there is any buildings around for miles and if we leave ourselves exposed I don't know what will happen. I'm not sure how good your eyes are in the dark."
ChickenBear

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces