Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is a private role play thread for Ice Demon Meru and zigbigadorlube

User Image

Please refrain from posting unless you are either of us.
Profile Skeleton:

[align=center][size=13]❝[color=postingcolor]quote here[/color]❞[/size]
[imgmap]Appearance[/imgmap][/align] [size=11][color=darkslategrey]At my birth I was called[/color] [color=postingcolor]Name[/color]
[color=darkslategrey]But many know me as[/color] [color=postingcolor]Nicknames[/color]
[color=darkslategrey]Breath has filled my lungs for[/color] [color=postingcolor]Age[/color] [color=darkslategrey]years.[/color]
[color=darkslategrey]My path in life is of a[/color] [color=postingcolor]Position[/color] [color=darkslategrey]and that is all I know.[/color]
[color=darkslategrey]Archived in the history books . . . [/color] [color=postingcolor]Brief History[/color]
[color=darkslategrey]To understand me you must know . . .[/color] [color=postingcolor]Personality[/color]
[color=darkslategrey]If you want to please me bring me these;[/color] [color=postingcolor]Likes[/color] [color=darkslategrey]I'll love you forever[/color]
[color=darkslategrey]I don't recommend bringing anything of these things near me.[/color] [color=postingcolor]Dislikes[/color] [color=darkslategrey]You'll probably won't like me very much if you do.[/color]
[color=darkslategrey]We are different, but only because I can[/color] [color=postingcolor]Special Powers[/color]
[color=darkslategrey]But I'm also different because of my many talents. These are just a few:[/color] [color=postingcolor]Skills[/color]
[color=darkslategrey]I think that's all, but if you really must know;[/color] [color=postingcolor]anything else[/color] [color=darkslategreyJust remember, you wanted to know.[/color][/size]
Meru's Profiles

I can't help but to think that I'm missing something here . . .
User Image

At my birth I was called Penelope Anna Le Feuvre
But many know me as Penny, Anna, P, Le Feuvre
Breath has filled my lungs for Twenty-two years.
My path in life is of a Assassin/Secret Agent of sorts and that is all I know.
Archived in the history books . . . For some reason my history, at least the first eighteen years of my life are a blur to me. I don't really know why and no one answers any questions I have about it. Or rather, had about it. After the first few times of being told and convinced that You don't need to know, I've stopped being curious. Well maybe not stopped entirely, just pushed it away so it isn't such a bother. Plus my profession tends to keep me pretty busy.
For the past four years I've been working with an underground organization with the locating and either capturing or eliminating of certain dangerous individuals. This too I've come to learn not to question. The whole training process was long and arduous. I don't even know how I got into this mess. I feel like one day I just woke up and was thrown into this whole undercover mess. I'm not even sure what the goal of all this is. It's very cloak and dagger. Still, with questions going unanswered, I just try to go on. I have to admit that I've gotten good at whatever crazy profession I'm in. I think that's what's gotten me a lot more missions lately. A lot of them have been assassinations, but a good handful have been abduction. What happens after I bring them back is another thing I don't know. Sometimes I see them, but eventually they seem to disappear.
This whole life has led to a lot of questions. As such, lately, I've found myself questioning everything. I have very little time for personal reflection though. But as I do, I feel like something important is missing my life. A few things really. I still haven't found any answers nor do I have the time to look. But all these thoughts, questions and emotions are making me feel like I need to get out and away from this place. Plus they are given me a lot of headaches, unless it's stress from the job. I kind of hope it all just goes away though. It seems easier that way . . .

To understand me you must know . . . I used to be a sweet girl, an older sister looking out after her sibling. So I was tough on the outside, but still had a sweet interior. I was loving and kind. I was an assertive and lively individual, living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment of it. Of course I had my moments of shyness and self doubt, but I always tried to go after what I wanted. I was a bit paranoid, mainly because of my power, but I tried to hide it so my sister didn't catch on. Along with my paranoia, I was a bit cautious as well, for the same reason. I suppose I was a normal individual, happy and hopeful.
Now cold hearted seems to a bit more fitting. My job calls for it. Show no emotions, but that doesn't mean I have none. I feel the full spectrum of emotions, I just rarely show them. I also don't show my intense curiosity anymore. There doesn't seem to be a place for it. I'm very serious, calculating and tactful. I always think everything I do and say out before I execute them. I'm much more reserved, but that's because I'm supposed to listen rather than talk. I'm definitely not shy. Some would probably call me harsh or brutal, deadly even. But I suppose it all comes with the job.

If you want to please me bring me these; spicy foods, music, anything in earth tones, answers to questions, a warm bed, flowers, potted plants, rainy days, and clear nights; I'll love you forever
I don't recommend bringing anything of these things near me. needles, helmets (or any kind of headgear), unanswered questions, bitter tastes, the smell of smoke, or dead things. You'll probably won't like me very much if you do.
We are different, but only because I can bend time to my will.
But I'm also different because of my many talents. These are just a few: stealth, surveillance, climbing, hand to hand combat, close to mid range gun skills, knife skills, slightly above average endurance and strength, picking locks and breaking into high security places undetected.
I think that's all, but if you really must know; I don't remember any about my family or my powers. Lately I've been having terrible headaches and sometimes it feels like I'm going to black out. I also like to climb heights, a lot of heights, and swimming. Just remember, you wanted to know.

--

What would you do if you could travel anywhere in a blink of an eye? Jealous?
User Image
At my birth I was called Lloyd Anderson Jacobs
But many know me as Lloyd, Andy, Jacobs, or J.
Breath has filled my lungs for nineteen years.
My path in life is of a secret agent (mainly reconnaissance, but sometimes assassination or intellegence) and that is all I know.
Archived in the history books . . . Would it surprise you that I was actually born into this insane mess? No, it's nothing like my father runs this whole thing, it's actually my uncle. A little weird, but hey I guess it could be worse. My parents don't know about my power nor do they know where I am. I guess they thought I fell off the face of the earth, and my uncle just covered it up some how. I didn't really ask about anything really. A mistake? Maybe, but hey, it's a pretty exciting and interesting life that I live. As for the work? Well, it's not all bad. The killings are messy, so I've tried to work my way out of that, not really my bag anyways. I'm much more willing to collect information or people anyways. I'll leave the rest of dirty work to my uncle and Penny, she's better at it anyways.
I have to admit, this life is getting a little monotonous now though. And other than the family commitment I really have no reason to stay. Then again other than that I really had no reason to be where I am. But where would I be if I hadn't been sucked in to this madness? I know myself well enough that I know I'd abuse my ability for my own gain, so is this really worse? I suppose so. But other than my lack of interest and short attention span concerning the work, I guess it's okay. But the idea of being a world class thief is intriguing. I may just have to look into that. Uncle's a nut job anyways . . . Maybe something should be done about that as well. . .

To understand me you must know . . . I suppose you could call me a complete kid. I'm not even kidding. Even though my life is full of serious things, I totally don't take it that way. I'm constantly brandishing a smile on my face almost no matter the situation. I can be completely immature and crack jokes or do immature things at completely inappropriate times. This also tends to make me a complete screw up, that and the fact that I do have quite the ego and can be a little arrogant at times. And if it wasn't for my mouth I'd probably get in a lot more trouble than I do. Then again, my smooth talking also gets me into a lot of trouble. So much so, that if I wasn't almost hidden from society, I would probably be quite the ladies man. The fairer sex is quite the distraction. . .
I'm not a complete a*****e all the time though. Underneath my immaturity and cockiness, somewhere next to my disinterest for most things and lack of motivation is a heart. I do have the ability to feel emotions and can care about things. I just haven't found anything that important to care about yet. I do have a conscious though, considering I'm working on getting out of the whole killing aspect of my job. And I do acknowledge that my boss is a complete psycho. I'm not a complete fan of how he operates and if I actually knew what he was trying to do, I probably would have enough morality to stop him. At least I think I would.

If you want to please me bring me these; music, fun, alcohol, dangerous ideas, food (especially junk food), and exotic destinations I'll love you forever
I don't recommend bringing anything of these things near me. death, weapons, injuries, rules and restrictions, expectations, bad food or bad weather. You'll probably won't like me very much if you do.
We are different, but only because I can teleport to anywhere as long as I can envision it.
But I'm also different because of my many talents. These are just a few: hand to hand combat, knowledge of drugs (medicinal/knock out), knowledge of medical treatment, stealth, camouflage skills, and surveillance skills.
I think that's all, but if you really must know; I might have a bit of kleptomania and a tendency to abuse my powers. I also may be a big fan of messing things up on purpose - it's probably a wonder that I haven't been removed from my employment . . .

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
zigbig's Profiles

There are people who have money and people who are rich.

User Image

At my birth I was called Mirelle Eloise Le Feuvre
But many know me as Ellie, Elle
Breath has filled my lungs for eighteen years.
My path in life will be of a fashion designer and that is all I know.

Archived in the history books . . .
  • I used to belong to a happy family. I can't recall their faces or their names but I just know it's true! Sometimes when I dream it feels like we're still together but when I awake everything fades to a hazy grey. I really don't know what happened but I remember four years ago I left everything behind to move to this city. It seemed important at the time but looking back at things I can't imagine what I was thinking! Fourteen years old and alone in a big city like this? Starting out here was a bit of a mess but since then I've managed to make a living for myself.
  • Two years ago I was hired by the clothing store Forever 21 in the local mall. I was so excited when I heard the news! I love clothes and I've dreamed of being a fashion designer. Even though I really enjoy my current job I hope to someday be able to design my own clothes. Working at minimum wage just barely pays my bills most months and all I can afford is this studio apartment but it's good enough for just me. Still I find myself a bit lonely sometimes. It feels like there's something missing in my life. I wish I could fill in the many blanks.
  • Recently however I've discovered something interesting about myself. It seems I can play around with time; stopping it, starting it again, and even reversing it! I haven't told a soul though, I doubt they'd believe me anyway. I've been practicing to see what I can do and the more I try the more I seem to remember. I swear I used to be able to do something like this before but maybe I'm wrong...

To understand me you must know . . .
  • I'm quick to smile and it seems to be infectious! I'm almost always cheerful and I love making other people smile. I'm very kind hearted and I'd help a stranger without ever expecting anything in return. But be warned, I'm not often afraid to speak my mind and I have a certain fierce determination when I set my mind to things. I can also be very stubborn; sometimes refusing help to do something on my own. All in all I'm very optimistic but I don't always take the time to think things through. I can very very impatient at times but I also lose track of time easily. I have a certain curiosity that I swear I picked up from someone in that family that lives in my dreams and I like to enjoy the little things in life. I think it's easier to do when you don't have much. Even though I don't have many worldly possessions, I'm still lively enough. Sometimes I'm prone to short bursts of quiet brooding. It seems like there's something there in my mind that's yearning to speak out. I don't know what it's about but I'm sure I'll find out when the time is right.

If you want to please me bring me these:
  • Trendy apparel
  • Stuffed animals
  • A good beat to dance to
  • Sweets
  • Cute fuzzy critters!
I'll love you forever.

I don't recommend bringing anything of these things near me:
  • Outdated styles
  • Drab colors
  • Bills I can't afford to pay
  • Green vegetables
  • Creepy crawlies!
You'll probably won't like me very much if you do.

We are different, but only because I can bend time to my will.
But I'm also different because of my many talents. These are just a few: sewing just about anything, drawing whatever I please and baking yummy desserts!
I think that's all, but if you really must know; I have more stuffed animals than you can count! Just remember, you wanted to know.

I don't believe in luck, nothing happens by chance.

User Image

At my birth I was called Damien Black
But many know me as Black.
Breath has filled my lungs for twenty-three years years.
My path in life is of an informant/secondary agent and that is all I know.

Archived in the history books . . .
  • I came into my powers at a young age. It started with games, knowing the outcome of a simple game, and then later seeing the path to take in order to win it. As my powers grew however, it wasn't all fun and games. I knew a week beforehand when and how my beloved black lab Spook would die. It was torture and as my powers developed further, the suffering only increased. I never told my parents what I knew but I think they must've caught on at some point. They seemed to respect my desire not to talk about it however.
  • I had seen them coming, an unavoidable darkness that consumed my future. I knew resistance was futile and would earn my family far worse than I would receive. So I walked away willingly and of my own choice joined those that sought me for my powers to prevent far worse for those I loved. They tried to brainwash me but failed; I saw it coming and avoided it. Most often my job is to predict the success rate of most missions but seeing the future isn't as easy as they think. For quite some time now another black cloud has been shadowing my own future. Something is coming, I know it. And when it does, I'll be ready.

To understand me you must know . . .
  • I may seem a bit cold at times but I hope you can understand. It's not that I don't care, it's just easier for me not to get involved. My power is a difficult one to command. Imagine seeing an old woman, just knowing how many breaths she has left to live or a little girl walking by who in five minutes time will be dead, hit by a car. I used to try to fight it, used to try to change the world, but since then I've realized that it's better to just go with the flow. It's almost impossible to force the cards into your own hands with the constant changes brought about by the most trivial trivial things.
  • I spend most of my time observing, quiet and expressionless, occasionally jotting things down in the black notebook I carry in my back pocket. In general I am a calm individual. I don't see my life as anything special but I'm living it just the same. There's probably some reason I'm here, though I haven't discovered it yet. I mostly keep to myself, distanced from others. I find if I get too close it complicates things. It's hard enough as it is knowing what will happen to someone without being personally involved with them.

If you want to please me bring me these:
  • Rain showers
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Cool temperatures
  • Loud music
I'll love you forever.

I don't recommend bringing anything of these things near me:
  • Guns
  • Greasy foods
  • Small children
  • Loose change
You'll probably won't like me very much if you do.

We are different, but only because I can see into the future.
But I'm also different because of my many talents. These are just a few: pictographic memory, close range combat and predicting the odds.
I think that's all, but if you really must know; I'm a bit of an insomniac. Oftentimes I lay awake at night, unable to sleep with so many paths into the future wavering in my head. Just remember, you wanted to know.
Little Penny toting a gun . . .
XXXXXXXXX Who knew it would be such fun?

User Image
Ƥєиєℓσρє Ąииα Ļє Ƒєųɤяє

The sandy haired blond wiped her face with the back of her hand to keep the moisture from running into her eyes. She was not only sweating but there was blood on her face. Unfortunately her gesture didn't do her any good. Her glove was soaked with the sticky red liquid as well. It just smudge her lightly bronzed, but still porcelain skin. She huffed a heavy sigh as a deep frown set in her lips, pulling them down. This was supposed to be easy, it was to be a quick in and out assignment. But a lot of things didn't weren't going her way lately. She breathed another sigh as she kicked the tire of the beat up green truck next to her before turning back to the hazy outline of the city lit by the early morning light. The city where this all was supposed to be taken care of.

Her last assignment was to take care of someone who had somehow gotten close to finding out about the agency and take them out before something bad happened. A more or less "kill or be killed" incentive. It went nicely for a bit, but as she was chasing the man down, he had managed to bump into a cop. So not only did she have one meddler, but not the law was going to get involved. This had meant drastic measures, and she killed the two on the spot and had to get their bodies out away from the public before a riot started. Thankfully, she had taken a smoke bomb before, so no one saw a thing. And that the smoke also prevented her from using the gun she was packing; she hadn't brought a silencer. Unfortunately, she had to get rid of two bodies; two male bodies which became heavy as she had dragged them out to a dense part of the forest a few miles away. So dense of a forest that the truck she procured could traverse it. It was an amazing day so far.

She climbed into the front street and started back, and taking a good look at her appearance in the mirror, she headed straight for her loft. She wanted to clean up, and orders be damned, she was already in a bad mood . . .

============ =============

"Your next assignment is this girl," the director said as he slid the folder over to Penny once his temper died down. He wasn't pleased to here about how her last assignment went, nor the fact she took the time to make a pit stop before reporting back. Penny flipped open the cover of the flimsy folder and pulled out the polaroid picture of a cute rosy hair girl. Her eyes scanned it silently before a frown appeared on her face. "No," she found herself saying. She immediately looked at the director who gritted his teeth. "What was that?" he asked sharply. She shook her head and looked back at the folder in front of her, sliding the picture inside. "Nothing. I apologize," she uttered quickly, "I'll get started right away." "Ask Jacobs for information, I've already had him tailing her for a few weeks," he added. His temper had cooled down. She nodded and turned away, walking out of the office and down the hall. One thought occured to her, why didn't he send Jacobs to finish the job then? It was another thing she would keep to herself.

(( I was going to almost start interaction, but this may be a two-part introduction before any real interaction type stuff (if I remember what I'm planning of course). I hope you don't mind. ^^ ))

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
User ImageUser Image

"Bye now!" Mirelle waved and smiled as she exited Forever 21, her shift was done for the day. In her opinion the day had gone too quickly; sometimes she hated leaving work. The other girls thought she was crazy and called her a workaholic. She was always picking up extra shifts, always arrived early and worked till the last minute, sometimes even going over a few because she lost track of time so easily. Mirelle really did love her job but that wasn't the only reason she was sad to go: she was lonely.

Despite having lived in the city for four years now, she had yet to make any real friends. Sometimes the girls from work would invite her out to dance and she would relish in these rare evenings but they were just passing flings that left her feeling even more lonely when she returned home from work the next evening. Nothing in her personality was lacking, she was a cheerful and kind-hearted girl but maybe just a bit too nice. She had overheard a few of the girls talking about her once saying it was impossible for anyone to be so perfectly good and it hurt her deeply to know that they didn't trust her.

Heaving a sigh she worked her way into the throng of the crowded mall that was leading in the direction of the subway exit. She rode the elevator down below ground with the rest of the Saturday shoppers and stood in line for the next train. She tapped her foot lightly against the concrete floor as she waited impatiently. It wasn't that she wanted to get home any quicker, it was just that she hated waiting. It arrived a few minutes later and Mirelle stood off to the side to allow those exiting to pass before working her way inside and claiming a seat. It was really only a few stops but she was tired today. Leaning her head up against the wall, she closed her eyes and waited for the train to start moving again and almost instantly fell asleep.

User Image

Mirelle came to again with a jolt and looked around, disoriented.Turning to the middle-aged man who had seated himself beside her she inquired, "Can you tell me what the last station was, sir?" The man frowned at her and gruffly responded to her question. Apparently she had missed her stop by at least three stations. Groaning at her blunder, she stood and pushed herself through the crowded car to situate herself before the door. She would have to backtrack now and that would mean even more waiting. Just before the car came to a stop, Mirelle made a vow to herself that she would go to bed earlier tonight.

User Image

Dragging herself out of the station, Mirelle walked the remaining blocks to her studio wearily, unlike her usual chipper self. Once there she turned the key inside the lock and lazily opened the door. Getting home had only taken a full hour more than it should have... She kicked her shoes off at the door and walked over to the kitchen portion of the room where she half-heartedly searched through the barren cupboards. Finally settling on her last package of ramen, Mirelle set a pot on the stove to boil before walking over to the "bedroom" portion of her one room apartment. Sifting through her laundry basket, she pulled out a pair of pajamas and changed into them, determined to follow through with her vow of an early bedtime that evening. By the time she was finished changing, the water was bubbling nicely and she dumped in the block of noodles. Standing just beside the stove she watched it cook while tapping her finger idly against the counter top.
User Image
User ImageUser Image

User Image
Ƥєиєℓσρє Ąииα Ļє Ƒєųɤяє

Penelope walked down the dimly lit hall, her eyes widening when she felt an abrupt pull on her arm. Meeting eye to eye with the person, a small scowl appeared on her face. "Jacobs," she muttered, pushing some of her dishelved hair behind her ear as she glared at him. "What do you want? I don't have time to deal with you." "Oh, I'm sure you don't," he commented with a smirk. "I know you have a new mission, and I know you know that I have information." He paused, his smirk widening a bit. "So, what's it going to be?" Her expression darkened. "Give it up. I don't need your help," she stated, pushing him away. "That's not what the results from your last mission say," Jacobs replied. He knew it hit a chord when she stopped in her tracks. Penny stopped and gritted her teeth. "That doesn't mean anything," she growled. "Besides I'm usually the one cleaning up your mistakes." She turned to him with a sickly smile as she walked back. "So, if you want to share, share," she commented, "Or if you want to be high and mighty, do this yourself. I'll just tag along to clean up your mess again." She leaned closer to him, her smile increasing, "So, what's it going to be?"

After about two hours of sitting with her coworker, Penny made her way out of the complex. She straddled her black Streetfighter and started back to her loft. She had ditched the rust bucket of a green truck after getting back to the city. She was actually able to sell it for a decent lump of cash, so it served its purpose quite well. The reason she was going back to her loft was to study the case file some more and digest everything about it that she had learned from Jacobs. She still couldn't get out of her mind the verbal faux pas in front of the director out of her mind. She had no clue what had come over her. A part of her wanted to pin it on the photo in the folder, but that felt ridiculous. Maybe she was getting soft? That was possible considering her previous slip up, but she didn't want to admit that either. She really needed to get home and think all of this over.

After parking her bike on the street, Penelope walked up to her fifth floor loft to get her head straight. Throwing the folder on the round coffee table near the entrance, she walked over to her small kitchen stove and started a pot of water for tea. When it was ready, she started to look over the file again, more in depth than before. Picking up the picture again, she felt a weird pang in her head and immediately put it aside. She then started to flip through the other information in the file. She made some notes here and there, recollecting what Jacobs had told her. After a few hours of planning, she started to collect her gear and started out to find her target. From what information she had, her target was possibly working at the moment, which meant Penelope was taking a trip to the mall . . .

Sandy brown hair was pushed behind her ear as Penny focused her binoculars on the window across the way from her. She was laying on a rooftop of a loft building and was watching her target through her window. She had the rest of her Saturday scoping out the blush haired girl in the photo. The pains in her head that the picture triggered, came more frequently when she was actually within ear shot of the girl. She pushed it away though. Her target was cheerful and adorable, a person who completely fit the bill of her normal targets. At least the other ones had some slightly curious quality, something even so slight that made Penny able to do her mission with little trouble. This girl however, seemed different. Something about her was different. She was so sweet and good, from just her appearance, that there was a pang of guilt in twenty-two year old as she thought about her mission. Why couldn't this be an abduction mission?

Penelope pushed the thoughts out of her mind as she continued to focus her binoculars. She watched the young girl go through her nightly routine. The target's youth would make this an easy mission; probably little struggle, but still, there was doubts filling up in her. She hadn't had many young targets to assassinate before, and definitely none who hit her so hard. Perhaps this wasn't going to be easy. She rubbed her eyes as she breathed a sigh. Why didn't Jacobs take this mission? Other than the fact it possibly would have fell on her shoulders eventually, not that he was a complete screw up. Still . . .

(( Sorry if this was a bit scatter-brained. I kept getting distracted. But next post should start some interaction ^^ ))

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
User ImageUser Image

It didn't take long for the noodles to boil but to Mirelle it felt like an eternity. She felt as if she were starving, which was sometimes indeed the case. She was often short on money and the only way she could come up with a little bit of extra money was to skip meals. If the girls invited her out she might have to cut back on her groceries for the week to make up the difference. This morning she hadn't eaten breakfast and didn't have anything to take for lunch. Dinner was often her only meal of the day and today she was getting it about an hour later. Usually she could cope with the complaining her stomach gave her but she felt off today. If she could have, Mirelle would have fast forwarded time so that the noodles were done in an instant but she knew this was one limitation of her recently rediscovered powers. It seemed impossible to change something that had yet to be.

When the noodles at last seemed squishy enough to eat, she poured in the tiny packet of seasoning and stirred it in with a fork before pouring the hot contents of the pot into her only bowl. Enjoying the warmth it transferred to her fingers as she carried it across the room, she flicked on the radio before sitting down cross-legged on her bed. She blew across the bowl absentmindedly and as she waited impatiently for it to cool, she looked around her meager living quarters. The door was on the opposite wall as her only window. When one entered the room they would have to walk across a small section of narrow hallway that had a closet before coming out into the open. In the corner to the left was a small bathroom hidden behind a curtain and on the far left was the kitchen area. Straight ahead and pushed against the wall was her bed which was the only furniture in the room, and just to the left of it was her only window. Despite it's minimal furnishing, Mirelle did her best to keep it clean and make it homely.

Judging that her ramen was cool enough she took a tentative bite. The slippery noodles still burnt her tongue but she ignored the unpleasant sensation and ate quickly. Once finished she willed herself out of bed and carried the bowl over to the sink to rinse it out and then fill it once again with water for a drink. After gulping it down she set herself to washing the bowl and the pot. She hated doing the dishes but with only one bowl, one plate, a pot, a fork, knife, and spoon, she didn't have to worry about it so much. Setting the two objects on a towel to dry, she walked over to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth before bed. It looked like her toothpaste was getting low; she would have to remember to get some more later that week. Finished with her nightly routine, she returned to her bed and crawled in among the numerous stuffed animals that were piled up so high one could wonder if there was enough room for her to sleep in the bed with them. Choosing a specific one from the pile she smiled and hugged it close, "I missed you today Kiki!" The small white kitten was the only connection she had from her life prior to moving to the city. Laying down she stared at the ceiling for a while as she listened to the radio before finally reaching a hand over to turn it off and within minutes she was asleep once more.
User Image
User ImageUser Image

User Image
Ƥєиєℓσρє Ąииα Ļє Ƒєųɤяє

After taking a few seconds to calm her emotions down, Penelope returned to her surveillance. The girl seemed to be finishing cooking her dinner and was getting ready to eat it. She watched her carefully; there wasn't really much to see, a normal nightly routine. She sighed, maybe this would be easy? She shook her head, now was no time to get cocky. She took this lull in the activity to make notes of the interior of the room, or at least of what she could see it. There didn't seem like that there was much to it, at least from her vantage point. There seemed to be only one window leading to the area the girl was in, and all the different areas seemed to be housed in one room. She didn't really need the binoculars to know that though, this wasn't a high end residency area, it was much more on the lower side; which meant it probably didn't have a lot of extra accouterments. No real hiding places. This seemed to get easier by the second, especially with her mind numbing all her doubt and worries.

Going back to watching her target, she noticed that the girl's night was almost over. Taking it as a cue, Penny put away her binoculars and got ready to finish the job. Maybe she could get in and out without a problem. Finish this up earlier than even her director even expected and get some extra time to rest before the next mission. The last idea probably wouldn't happen, but it was a nice thought. She sat up and watched the window where she had been looking through and waited for everything to go dark and still.

This probably was only a twenty minute or so wait, and when she felt it was safe, she moved to scale over to the other building. She used a grappling hook gun to make her path to the other roof top. She felt so very cartoon or comic book doing so; some of the items she carried seemed unrealistic, but here she was, using them. She tied off the other end of the rope and hooked herself up to the taut rope with a karabiner and slid across to the other building. She adjusted her grip before carefully scaling down to the correct building. Once there she carefully looked inside to check on any movement. There was none. She then started to carefully work her ways on the window so she could get inside. It was locked, so she first had to unlock it. She wouldn't use the clichéd jewel thief was of cutting a hole in the window; no she wanted to leave no trace of her being there, so she had to take the extra time to jimmy the lock.

This went fairly quickly and she climbed into the window soon after, happy to rest her arms. She then propped the window open about an inch, enough to get a grip to get out, but not enough to cause a significant breeze if the wind decided to blow. She then took a few minutes to survey the room again. It was quaint and small with very few furnishings. Maybe this would be easy. The home gave off the air of a place for only this girl, a place no one else knew existed. Perhaps this girl would not be missed.

Penny carefully stalked up to the bed after finding it again in the darkness. Her hand kept a firm grip on the hilt of a knife at her side. She only used guns in dire situations; she didn't need the powder or bullets traced back. So this method was safer, but made her get closer. She kept her breath even and silent as she walked across the bare floor. With the absence of furniture it made the trek easier and she was over in a matter of minutes. She stood there staring at the girl, her grip tightening. As she started to pull out the object in her hand, her head started to throb. She tried to keep herself from sucking in a sharp breath, as she mentally cursed this mysterious ailment. She wasn't sure how well she succeeded . . .

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Curled up amongst the many stuffed animals she herself had created, Mirelle slipped off to the land of dreams. There her family waited for her and she happily ran into their outstretched arms. Her parents fussed over how skinny she was but she only smiled happily as tears of joy ran down her face. Turning away from her parents who's faces she couldn't seem to make out clearly, she stretched out her hand to a girl who stood smiling shyly next to them. The other girl stretched out a hand to meet her own and Mirelle's smile stretched from ear to ear as the two of them frolicked together through the hazy landscape. When their legs finally grew tired, they both fell down onto the ground, laughing all the while. Curling against her sister's body, Mirelle hugged her tightly and rested her head against the other's chest, "I missed you..." she said, nuzzling closer. "Please don't leave again..."

A tear came unbidden to her eye and Mirelle felt it roll off of her cheek as she awoke. Just for once she had hoped it would be true. It seemed even more real than usual that evening which only made it hurt all the more. Turning slightly in an attempt to make herself more comfortable she heard something fall to the with a soft thump and reached down to retrieve it. As she did so, Mirelle caught sight of a figure standing before her bed. Her first instinct was to scream but something seemed to be holding her motionless. Despite the darkness of the room, she could see the figure's face from the faint light filtering in through the window and couldn't believe her eyes: it was the same as the face she had been staring into moments earlier in her dream. The white blond hair, the brown eyes, even her features, it was all the same.

Mirelle felt more tears roll down her cheeks as words came spilling from her mouth,
"I can't believe you're really here..." she managed despite how constricted her throat felt. Without further hesitation, she threw herself out of bed and lunged at the figure standing before her bed, not seeming to even noticing the possible danger of a stranger randomly appearing in her room. Wrapping her arms tightly around the figure she half-expected to fall through it but the body was solid. She stood there, sobbing heavily into the taller woman's chest, praying that it was for real this time. Was it possible that she was still dreaming? "Please don't leave..." she whispered through uncontrollable sobs, "I don't want to be alone again."
User Image
User ImageUser Image

User Image
Ƥєиєℓσρє Ąииα Ļє Ƒєųɤяє

Penelope tried to push the pain away, and when it didn't work, she moved her free hand to massage her temples. It seemed to help, and when she looked down at the girl, she noticed movement. s**t, she thought. She had to do this quickly. She pulled out her knife and got ready to strike. As she was about to lunge for the girl to attack, she noticed the girl's eyes open and she stopped dead in her tracks. She just stared at the form in the bed, the pain in her head came back more intensified. Her arms dropped to her sides as the girl started to talk. What? She didn't understand what the other was saying. She didn't know her; she had never seen her before. "Leave?" she asked in a forced whisper. Her head started to hurt, and she winced. She brought her hands to her head, dropping her weapon to the ground, to try and relieve the pain. This was too much.

The pain wouldn't subside, and she was slowly accepting that it had something to do with this girl. She took a sharp breath in and looked down at the girl was clinging to her. Not only was she potentially causing her problem, confusing her, she was also crying. Penny did not do well with crying. Trying to call back her resolve, she shifted slightly and pried the girl off of her, pushing her to the bed. She took a few steps back and stared at the sobbing girl. Her expression was blank, she didn't know what to think or do. "Who are you?" she mumbled. She didn't wait for the answer before making a tactical retreat to the window. She quickly lifted it open and slid out, trying to climb back up to the rope above, she had to get away. Her head was throbbing and even though she had gotten out of the room it was not subsiding, it was unbearable.

(( Sorry about the shortness. I thought if I went too far it'd seem godmodded. >.< ))

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Mirelle was too caught up in clinging to the strangely familiar young woman to notice her plight. She didn't want it to end... Maybe she was crazy but she just couldn't let go. Her mind and heart both were racing at a pace that left her dizzy. How could she explain what was going through her head to the woman and have it make sense? She needed to say something to make her understand, to make her stay but the words just wouldn't come to her. She was still trying to sort things in her head when the stranger shoved her down onto the bed. She landed hard from the force of the blow, scattering animals across the floor.

Mirelle stopped sobbing out of shock and stared as the young woman watched her, expressionless. They starred each other down for a few moments before the other muttered something and retreated to the window. As the woman climbed out of the window, Mirelle's heart gave a sickening jolt. She couldn't just let her leave, something inside her just knew it and she acted instantaneously without thinking. Lunging for the window she slipped through it with dexterity she didn't know she had. It seemed the woman hadn't gotten too far and she grabbed at an ankle that still dangled down within her reach.

"Please don't go! I saw you in my dream... There's something about you, I just know we've met before!" The last part was a bit of a lie but she was desperate to say anything that might make the woman stay. It was true that they had met in her dream but as much as she searched her memories she just couldn't place the face anywhere in reality. There was just a feeling, she couldn't describe it but something was there, just at the tip of her mind, yearning to reveal itself to her but unable to break through. Still clutching at the woman's ankle she spoke up again after a moment of silence, "I'm sorry, I must have startled you the way I reacted... Can we just talk for a bit?" she pleaded, biting her lip.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

User Image
Ƥєиєℓσρє Ąииα Ļє Ƒєųɤяє

Stopping with a jolt, Penelope looked down to see a hand grasping her ankle. What was up with this girl? Didn't she know what almost happened? Did she have any clue that she almost died? Apparently not, the older girl decided as she half listened to the girl's pleas. She heard every word of what came out of the girl's mouth, but with the raging pain in her head, it was competing for her attention. That, and staying in one place on the way was starting to hurt her arms. If she lost her grip, it was all over. What is this girl trying to do? she thought, staring down at the window, She says we've met and she's apologizing? What's going on here? She growled, feeling her fingers starting to hurt. "We can't talk," she barked down at the girl. She shifted her weight so she could gain the use of her other leg. "We talk and you die," she growled, shaking her leg to try and free herself, and then kicking at the girl's hand. "Now, let. Go!" She continued to try and shake off her extra baggage and once she felt the herself become lighter she quickly scaled the wall.

Getting to the top of the building, she attached herself back to the line and pulled herself back over to the other side of the street. Pulling herself up to onto the other roof, she groped for her knife to cut the line. She stopped when all she caught was air. "s**t," she muttered to herself, wobbling over to where she had tied the rope. As she released it, she collapsed to her knees. "This is pathetic," she mumbled to her, "I shouldn't be so tired." She moaned as she grabbed her head again. What the hell happened, she felt like she had been run over by a truck. She hadn't even done anything extraneous or anything. Still, she couldn't get up, and after a few more minutes, collapsed completely on the rooftop, her head throbbing like nothing else.

(( Ick, sorry. My post will get better. No more poopy posts. ^^;; ))

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Mirelle stood precariously on the sill of her window, her grip on the young woman's ankle the only thing steadying her. Her heart pounded against her chest as she waited for the girl to react to her statement, knowing how much of a lunatic she must sound and cursing that fact. How do you explain something you just know? Something your heart tells you even though your mind whispers that it's impossible?

Just as she was beginning to fear the girl wouldn't respond at all she yelled down at her, telling her that they couldn't talk. The pink-haired girl felt her eyes begin to sting as her heart sunk. Who was she kidding? Who would want to talk to her anyway? Some lunatic chick gone crazy out of loneliness? Craning her head back to look up at the figure she continued to cling to, she just barely noticed the movement and caught the girl's final words before her grasp was broken by a kick to her hand.

As her grip failed, Mirelle felt herself wobble and time felt as if it slowed as she slipped backwards off of the sill. A sickening sense of fear washed over her as she watched the window slowly fade from her vision and a renting scream slowly drew itself from her mouth as she turned her head to face her imminent doom instead. The sidewalk below slowly rose to meet her falling figure when she finally regained control of her senses and snapped her mouth closed.

Shutting her eyes tightly she focused on the image of a single thread that quickly came to mind. Imagining the thread unraveling itself she felt herself slow to a stop and then unraveling the thread further she felt herself actually falling upwards until her hand once again took hold of the ankle dangling before her. Letting the image of the thread vanish from her mind, time began turning once again. This time however, instead of letting herself be shaken from her perch, she let go a second earlier and ducked back inside her studio. Craning her head through the open window, she watched until the figure joined the shadows. Once the young woman finally faded from view, Mirelle let herself collapse against the sill and felt hot tears begin to roll once more down her cheeks.
User Image
User ImageUser Image
((That was not a crappy post! I nearly held my breath as I read it! ^_^))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff