Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liev was out cold for the night until the next day, where he woke up beside Sarah. An audible grunt escaped his lips, which should have been a sign for Sarah that he was now awake. Jeremiah was also present in the room. His dark hands patted his leg as he smirked. "You're a tough guy. Wasn't worried about you one 'bit--.." His eyes rolled towards Sarah and proceeded to be considerate as he stood to his feet. "I'll leave you two alone now." He said with his back turned. As he went outside, he closed the door behind him. Liev's eyes were drawn to the gauze that was wrapped around his stomach, his original wound entry area plastered in blood. A smile struggled to form at his lips as his eyes were met with Sarah's sweet face. It immediately fell to that of a frown as his lips lined up neutrally. "I'm sorry you have to see me like this.." He looked at her with his piercing green eyes. He held back from telling her how the story played out, because the story would otherwise be a lie.

"Thanks for fixing me up. I bet that was a mess." He offered a friendly smirk that was accompanied by a suppressed chuckle. ".. I'm just glad you're always there for me when I need you." He said with a croaked voice. His body quivered slightly as he winced at himself. He felt like every word coming out of his mouth was a lie, considering what he had felt just a few hours ago. He was reunited with Eva, and his feelings were mixed in, and all over the place. In this time of pondering, Liev diverted his gaze downward. It was hinted he fell into deep thought.

Beloved Friend

Sarah sat on the bed in silence. She was worried about Liev in a way the physically wore on her. Her text book centered around anatomy laid on her thigh as she watched her other half sleep off his wounds. She wondered why he did not choose to go to the emergency room, but in a way it made sense. Liev was more of a private person, after all. Her chocolate eyes scanned his resting frame as she ran her small hands through his hair.

As the morning came, Jeremiah walked in and greeted her. Usually an intrusion like this would make Sarah uneasy, but given the circumstances she would let it slide. She said nothing to Jeremiah as her eyes focused on Liev. Jeremiah sat on the bed a little ways away from the small girl. Her gaze examined J.T. for a moment only to notice that he looked bothered, "You alright?" She asked. Jeremiah hesitated and then finally nodded.

Liev once again joined them, and Sarah straightened her posture. She nodded her head as Jeremiah left. She leaned over him, planting her lips on his forehead to leave a few kisses. "I am so happy you are safe. While you have been resting I have been looking at safer states we could live in." She dismissed his compliment and continued on with her own agenda about moving Liev out of Florida.
Liev felt his smile coming as she kissed him. It gave him a reassuring feeling about his sense of happiness. He began to sit up and listen to her as she continued. His tone of voice changed as an out of state consideration was given to him. He arched his brows with concern as he shook his head with a nervous chuckle. "It was just a small armed robbery.. It's all--.. First time it's happened to the shop.." He paused for a moment as he peered into her eyes with his own, his hand reaching for her thigh as his palm smoothed across the surface of her skin. "Besides.. My fam--.. Well.. the crew is here. The shop. And not to mention, your family. Everything's all set up here.. We'll make sure nothing like that again happens though." He lowered his head down as he patter her leg lightly. "I promise, Sarah."

He pushed to make his words seem convincing. He couldn't have a personal life with just him and her alone. The crew and cartel were essential to him and his occupation. On top of Miami having a collection of street racers ready to seal off any street with constant surveillance. The city was a race track, and it would be hard to come by that kind of dedication.

Beloved Friend

Sarah's eyes darted to Liev as she seemed unpleased. She pushed herself away from the bed. She obviously did not look thrilled with his response. "I expect to move out of here when we start a family, Liev. That is final." She rolled her eyes at him and walked out of the room. She walked down the stairs, throwing open the fridge as she reached for a bottle of water. She twisted off the lid of the bottle as she took a sip. She made her way back to the stairs, offering the water to him.

"We aren't staying in Miami forever. It's not a good place to raise children." Sarah was in a place in life where she wanted to start a family. Her parents had already told Sarah they would be thrilled to have Liev to be apart of their family. This shooting had made it so Sarah decided she was done with this place when she graduated school. "Make peace with that." She added. "I am the only woman that's going to put up with your difficult a**. You're not going to be in love with another woman like you are with me." She winked.

"Well, if you don't need anything else . . . I am going to head to the library and return my text book."
To avoid an argument, Liev suppressed the words that were at the tip of his tongue as she left the room. He merely let out a sigh as he dropped his head. He was unsure that he could go on with this girl. He began to picture life with her alone, and began to cross out every other aspect of his life. He began to ponder, "Eva would have to be let go. I would break contact with Jeremiah, Bekkah, and Juan. They're my best friends. My crew. Not only would the income from the cartel be cut off, but I am under a contract. They would kill me. I'd have to give up racing. I can't run a shop by myself. I would be out of a job--.. I would have to go to school. I would have children with her. I would have more normal adult responsibilities--" He cut himself off. He didn't want this to drag on. He was in a rough spot. He couldn't tell Sarah what he was really involved in. Liev would never put her life on the line.

He watched her come back as he faked a smile to draw her away from questioning his negative mood. "Thank you." He added as he grabbed the bottle of water from her. He tilted the tip over his lips as water ran through his mouth and down his throat in a desperate chug. Now being hydrated, he choked on the last gulp as her behavior became controlling. He arched his brows and refrained from saying anything further. He remained neutral, and hesitated to add a smile as she winked.

"I don't need anything else." He muttered, as he sipped in occasion from his bottle. He buried the back of his head in the pillow as he exhaled loudly upon her departure. Clueless as to what he was going to do, he also wondered when he was going to be healthy enough to get to his feet.

Beloved Friend

The morning was cool, and a lone figure ran down the street. Her black hair was tied into a high pony tail that swayed back and forth as her legs swung underneath her. Her head was covered with sweat as she drew in even breaths to aid her in her job. Her sneakers crushed against the pavement, as her vibrant blue eyes focused on the world around her.

As she neared the three mile mark, she stopped slowly. Her spine bending forwards as her palms flattened against her black track shorts. Her face was now a deep shade of red as she waited for her heart rate to reach a normal level. The rush of endorphins running through her veins made her feel as if she were walking on cloud nine. She looked down the street, a few runners passed by her. They greeted her kindly, only staring at her scarred face for a moment.

Evangeline had grown numb to the stares she received from strangers. She understood she had a peculiar look to her, and of course humans were curious creatures. She yanked the ear buds out of her ears as she retrieved her phone from her pocket. Even the run did not rid her of the events that had plagued her from yesterday. She dialed a number on the phone and pressed the green button to start the call. The line began to ring until Jared's voice responded.

"You aren't telling me something." She said calmly, she was now stepping down the pavement in a slow pace. The moment of silence between the two was almost deafening. V was not a stupid creature, she knew something was not entirely right. She paused for a moment, "Jared." With a sigh coming from his end, she looked to her sneakers.

"I don't think I can tell you everything right now. Besides, it doesn't matter who they think you might be. All that matters is who you are now." V was not moved from this statement. She drew in air through her nostrils as she could feel her temper rage within her. She immediately ended the call on him. She needed answers.

She could not get the look out of Igor's face out of her mind. She couldn't logically answer as to why Liev's sadness made such an impression on her. It was like it was haunting her. She only knew him from her run ins with him. It was only business, there was nothing personal between the two. She told herself this over and over. But she could not understand why she was not convinced.

An hour later V rolled into Jared's offices. She could feel her comrades looking to her in question as she seemed out of it. She avoided interaction with her fellow crew mates and pushed herself through his office. Slamming the doors behind her and locking them. Jared looked up from his computer screen, greeting Eva with a smile. "Victoria --"

Eva held up her hand, "What are you hiding from me, Jared?" She said sternly. Refusing to discuss anything else. Jared stood from his chair, his fingertips rubbing his temples. He was dressed in business attire. It was his disguise, a rich business man. She leaned against the door with folded arms. She refused to let him leave.

Jared looked at Evangeline for a moment, his thoughts gathering. He walked around his desk, maintaining his distance from her. He leaned against his desk as he stood in front of her. His hands rolling up his sleeves. A few minutes passed between them that was in silence. "I made you believe you were Abrielle, because that was the identification the police found for you." Eva's eyes widened as she felt her life begin to unravel at this point.

"I found you, in the hospital. I was dispensing drugs to one of my crew men who were being held as a patient there. I found you wondering the halls. You were alone. You were badly injured. I wondered why you were alone, until I heard a nurse ask if you were sure you couldn't remember anyone that lived in Miami that knew you." He paused, taking in a deep breath. "I tried to flirt with you, for I had run-ins with you previously . . . but you . . . didn't know who I was."

Eva began to shake her head in denial. How could he have lied to her for so long? "I came back every day for months to make sure you were healing correctly. I learned from the nurses you were going by Abrielle." She looked back up to him, her mind running at a million miles per hour. "I knew you were in deep with something, due to the manner of your wounds. I couldn't let you put yourself in danger. No one else came for you." Eva began to bite on the inside of her cheek.

"Liev didn't come back for you." He added, approaching her slowly. Eva extended her hands to hold him off. She felt sheer panic transform into anger. She interrupted Jared, her voice slowly rising to a loud tone. "So, I really do know him. He wasn't lying. I was in that crew with him?" Her voice trembled a bit, as she ran her hands through her hair. "Tell me, Jared." She snapped.

"You were his secretary, I guess. You did everything and anything for him. You were his little pet. I didn't want you to go back to that. I have always made sure you were taken care of, V. I have always made sure you were safe. That crew didn't protect you." Eva had enough of him. She threw his office doors open, rushing through the office and to her motorcycle starting it. Jared ran after her, "V! Come back!"

She glared at him before she sped off own the road.
"Alright. Watch over those two. Keep your head and concentration up. We're low on ammunition and we need that prize money." Liev was speaking into the phone. "This drag race will be nothing, boss. We'll come back with our pockets full." Jeremiah had reassured Liev with a confident tone as his voice emitted from the speaker. "Let me know how it goes." He responded in a dull tone, and without delay, hung up the phone without goodbye or good luck. Typical of Liev. With Sarah gone to mind her own, normal day business and the crew engaging in their own, Liev sat alone in the warehouse. A white wifebeater clinged to his body as he was dressed in a pristine pair of slim blue denims and his leather boots. He was hunched over the bed, his knees being used as supports for his elbows as one of his signature pistols, a suppressed walther P99, clamped to his left hand. He was scowling at his own reflection in the mirror, examining and judging his appearance based on the life he leads, and plans to continue to lead. A bottle of painkillers sat on a table beside the room mirror, the cap sitting out, implying recent use more than likely to help suppress the pain from his wound. His brows were furrowed intensely. His hair was combed and his face neatly shaved, however most would think that his intimidating image drew away from his charming looks.

His mind had been crossed with both Sarah and Eva. Being reunited with Eva only intensified his feelings. As much as he tried to avoid and accept her return, he could not. He pouted, shook his head, vigorously rubbed his hair and his face with the palm of his hands, and shifted between different positions on his bed. His skin shuttered with goosebumps. Liev could not believe Eva was back, and it only made made him angry and depressed. "It's not Eva anymore. It just Jared's puppet.. Victoria. She didn't even blink when she saw me." He thought subtly to himself. It was too late for him and for her, but it only made him want to leave Sarah to her successful, normal life, and not have her find out the truth later on only to have her killed. As he examined himself more closely, his weapon, his face, he knew who and what he was. Liev wanted this, but he did not want to ruin Sarah's life. "I have to tell h--.. No. I don't know." He squeezed his eyes shut in protest, and out of frustration, he jumped to his feet.

As he belt holstered his pistol near his back pocket, he carefully sauntered to the elevator and ascended to the main garage area within the warehouse's interior. The chain that held the shutter doors was pulled on as Liev opened it, the sun piercing into the warehouse's dim light as the bright illumination brought discomfort to his eyes. He squinted in response and took in the view of the outdoors. With a deep breath, he calmly began to walk towards the sidewalk. With his pistol tucked in behind his shirt, he made sure he established a safe, meaningless, and aimless stroll.

Beloved Friend

Eva's bike went down the street. Her emotions were flooding her so suddenly, that she could not focus on the road. She had already dodged three potential accidents due to her recklessness. If she wasn't Victoria, then what was she really? Evangeline? What was Evangeline? She couldn't remember who she once was, and she wasn't convinced she was ever the woman she was being told she once was. She parked the bike and stepped off it, glancing down a road that seemed to stretch on and on.

She sneered as she kicked her sneaker into the bike, causing it to wobble. She couldn't cope, she didn't know how to. How would she even begin? This wasn't like an easy transition. If this was all true it was three years since she lost her old self. She began to pace, muttering under her breath cuss words.
"One Sixty-four." Smiled the clerk at the gas station to Liev as she scanned his drink. He nodded with his usual, blank expression as two one-dollar bills were handed to her promptly after being drawn from his wallet. As she gave him his change, her eyes met with his. She winced, and rolled her eyes around awkwardly, pressing her lips together with a "Uhmm." She said nervously. "Weren't you on the newspa--" Liev interrupted with a blunt, "No." He briskly walked out of the two-door entrance. Liev was a wanted man, and had been known to get into trouble with the police in the past. He had to keep himself hidden, or have someone run his errands for him. Like his secretary.. Eva.

As he made his way to the outdoors, he paused and glanced for a minute. Liev wasn't used to not seeing his car out in the parking lot. It took him a short moment to realize he had walked 2 miles out in the area. As pulled back on the can pin, the soda hissed as it clicked open. He folded the pin back and took the first portion of the carbonated contents to his mouth. As he consumed, he lowered the can, and before him, across the street, he saw her. It was at the moment where she had kicked the bike. He recognized the bike, the form, the gestures. It was his Eva. He merely stood there like a statue, an awkward stare shooting from across the street. His lips were parted slightly, and his facial expression contorted uneasily, the can was just slipping at his finger tips. He was waiting for her to see him standing to avoid alerting her of his own presence.

Beloved Friend

Eva finally kicked her bike a few more times, scuffing the paint. She drew in a deep breath. Most of her anger was silenced for now. She relaxed her posture, taking off her hoodie to reveal her many tattoos. As she threw the jacket onto the seat of her bike, she paused as she noticed the man across the way looking at her. She groaned loudly, "Seriously? What are you? The ghost of Christmas past?"
He winced at her comment, his twitching eyes depicting a puzzled Liev. He felt his heart pounding heavily under his chest. Despite her longterm absence, he fought to retain his cool, and of course, his attitude. He took a sip of the drink as he quickly marched across the street, to be met up with her. He didn't want to fuel her with crazed talks and refrained from reverting back to the way he spoke to her the night before.

His forehead began to sweat as his shoulders grew heavy. He wanted to smile, because it was Eva. And she was alive. But given the unfortunate circumstances of their reunion, he held back, and only approached her in a neutral manner. "Why are you kicking your bike?" He inquired, as his figure stood above her.

Beloved Friend

Eva smied, and released a scoff. She walked a few steps backwards, holding her arms out. Her scars revealing themselves. "I am kicking my bike because it is symbolism of the lie that I have been living for years." She looked up at the sky, rolling her eyes. She then looked back over to him, sneering to the side of her mouth to reveal some of her perfect pearly whites. "I am having an identity crisis." She then kicked the air for a moment.

"No. I don't want to hear the name Evangeline. It makes me sick. Who names their child that anyway?" She lost her balance for a moment, regaining it. Her hair whipping around in the soft breeze. She turned back to Liev marching over to him, her index finger pushing into his chest. "I have never seen you in my life." Her eyes glanced to his can, she snatched it and guzzled the drink down, crushing the can in front of his face and dramatically throwing it as hard as she can.

"Ha!" She got up in his face and turned away from him, kicked her bike again as she passed by it. She glared at a few people staring at her, even though her accent was gone her feisty personality was still there. "'Ey! What are you looking at? Get outta here." She held out her arms and thrust her chest forward in a way that made her appear like a thug. As the couple turned away rushing to their car, she looked back to Liev.

"You are a stalker, right? Or are you like, a bounty hunter? Oh God. Do I have a bounty? Or . . . " Her eyes widened as her mind began to tick, "Are you a pimp?! Was I a whore back then? Oh lord." She started walking to her bike, pulling her keys out from her the pockets of her shorts.
"He finally told you, then." Liev clarified for himself. "Jared is at the top of my s**t-list, as you know." He continued. He still remained nervous, and her behavior only made him happier. After two long years, he finally found her. She was everything to him. Liev snapped back into reality with an absent minded scoff. "Your name?" His voice raised in pitch upon inquiry. "Your mother named you that." He tried to clarify for her, as if she didn't know the obvious. As she came close to him, he took in her scent once more. It was the same as before. His eyes were watching her like a movie with a 5 star rating. "I beg to differ, Eva." He released the can and watcher he consume it's contents like a camel, his hand frozen with the same form that previously was used to hold the hand in mid-air.

As the awkward moment came by, with Eva intimidating the couple, Liev only death stared them, to discard his passive behavior. When she began to blow up on him with questions, he shook his head, as a hesitant, nonetheless amused smile came across his lips. "No. I'm not a stalker, nor a pimp, nor a bounty hunter. And you certainly weren't a whore." He closed the gap between them as his feet advanced his figure forward a few steps, causing his gaze to drop to meet her height. With a rough voice, yet low in volume, he continued. "Long story short, you worked for me, we fell in love, you were abducted and killed, at least that's what I found out based off some gruesome pictures-- and I, for the last two years, have been trying to forget about you, which never worked, and now it certainly will never work. So, you can see now that this is rough for the both of us." He paused and looked at her as his head tilted, a quivering breath leaving his lips.

Beloved Friend

Eva paused for a moment listening to what he had to say. She locked eyes with him for a moment. She honestly did not believe everything he was saying. It could have been truth, but she in denial. But at the moment when she really got to look at him she realized that he was indeed an attractive man. She felt her stomach churn as she hesitated for a moment. Nothing changed for her, she was still clueless. "Did you know there are seven people in the world that look similar to your own self? You could have be confused for someone else." She walked away from him and moved her jacket from the seat.

Her long legs slid over the motorcycle as she started it. "Look, dude, I hope you find your little long lost pumpkin someday. But coming onto some random chick that you were going to kill the other day isn't exactly a direction you should go in."
"I wouldn't do that." He alerted her as she mounted her bike. His head positioned itself at a diagonal angle as he lowered his chin. He blinked as he closed the distance further between them. "I can prove it to you, Eva--.. You'd just have to follow me." He closed his sentence with a request that would require trust. ".. Please." He blinked as his eyebrows cocked upward. He was desperate for her attention. "You can mount your bike, and take off, and be someone you don't want to be, and ask yourself these types of questions over and over again every time you see Jared." He didn't want to give her up. "Or, you can follow me, and I can prove to you who you once were." As he finished, he tilted his head up with a frozen stance, awaiting a positive or negative reaction.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff