miss tragicomedy

User Image

❝Ṿạḙḷḙṇḉḯạ ♚ Ḷḙṛṇạạỵḙṣ❞

❝a king’s daughter
a king’s sister
a king’s wife
a king herself❞[
/i]

Fading completely, Vael’s eyes shot open. Gasping, she slowly turned, hoping to see the shop ahead of her. Instead, there was a bright, white light. Within seconds, the sight before her had changed. Once the light had disappeared, she saw a blue sky with white clouds ahead of her. Gasping, she quickly looked around, panicking slightly. She was home.

Shaking her head, Vael broke free from her circle of soldiers and searched around.

“No...no, wait..! I...I have to go back..!” She shouted, turning to the soldiers. A soldier stepped forward, their arm extended to Vael.

“Now, Princess, you know you’re wanted home. His Holiness sent for you and everything and--...”

“No! No, no…! He was crying! Didn’t you hear him? Jeez was crying and...and it was all my fault...I have to go back.”

The soldier looked to another, their face showing concern. “Princess, honestly. It was probably some...trick he was playing to get you to stay. Please, come this way. His Holiness and Her Highness are waiting for you.”

Looking at the soldier, Vael shook her head. “No. No, no...His Holiness will have to wait for me then! I have to go back!” Turning her back, Vael reached into her bag and pulled her mirror out. Before she could make another move, she felt something squeeze her arm, which caused her to shout. “Owww…!” Taking a look over her shoulder, a soldier had grabbed her.

“Princess, we can’t allow you to go! Please, just stay home. You’re making it easier on His Hol--hey! Wait a moment..!” The soldier was interrupted as Vael pulled away and dashed off. As she ran, she looked into her mirror, her eyes glowing a faint white. Once she was far enough, she took a few deep breaths before leaping into her mirror. Inside her mirror, the mirror disappeared, throwing the soldiers off.

Within a few minutes of traveling, Vael found herself at the mirror she had wanted. Rushing to the mirror, she quickly dropped to her knees and began to crawl through the mirror, which had led into Jeez’s room.

“Jeez! Jeez, Jeez...hey!” Vael shouted, trying to get through the mirror. Instead, she found that she was stuck, which caused her to groan.

“...hey, Jeez? Jeez...can you come here? Please..?” As she struggled to get out of the mirror, she leaned onto the small area in front of the mirror.

Dapper Codger

cαsт םσωи ғσя чσυя sιи ⇉ cσмє нєяє ғσя яєםємρтισи

( L E S T x Y O U x E N D x U P x B E S T E D ! xx L O S T x A N D x T O R N x T O x S H R E D S ! xx D I S S E C T E D ! )

↙↙ ωє❜vє ɞσт ɞяɑcє ғσя cнєɑρ xx qɒэнɔ ʀσғ эɔɒʀʚ тσʚ эv❜эω ↰

No matter how many times he said it, no matter how much proof he presented, Jeez couldn’t convince himself that it was true. Sure, most people summited with minimal threats, fights never escalating past small displays of violence. By all means, Vael broke the system. She seemed to be able to brush off his threats as well as hold her own during fights. He used to think he wanted this, someone to beat the system and provide an actual challenge, but he was horribly wrong. He clearly liked control better than change. Maybe. It was hard to tell when he was constantly distracted by other feelings.

His frustration shifted into desperation, arms shifting so he could wipe his eyes. He needed to get a hold of himself. What was he, a child? No! Adults do not cry. He didn’t cry, he had done more than enough of it while growing up. It took a minute or two, but he seemed to finally make some progress, managing to sit up and not have fresh tears fall. However, he was back to square one within a matter of seconds as buried memories resurfaced. Empty friendships, being taking advantage of, when he figured out the power of fear. There was no doubt about it, fear was the best and only way he could properly interact with people, but he didn’t want to scare her.

“Not that it matters.” he softly reminded himself. “She’s up there in her damned castle.”

Before he even had time to consciously process what he heard, he was sitting and staring upward. Vael’s voice. He could have sworn he heard her voice. He sighed, though it came out more as a hiccup. This was just what he needed, hallucinations. That was certainly a new symptom in the all too familiar meltdown.

Alright, so it wasn’t hallucinations. He heard it again, clearer, coming from… was she in his room? He wiped the tears away before standing, hesitating slightly. She was probably back for her belongings and wanted to exchange a few more barbs before leaving. Or she was going to attempt to get him to reveal where Venec was. He didn’t feel like engaging in either conversation, perfectly content to just let the never ending moment of weakness pass. Nevertheless, he soon found himself in his room, staring at her with puffy red eyes, fingers curled into fists and shaking slightly.

“I t-told you to get out.” he repeated, trying to get some venom in his voice despite his completely lack of composure. It didn’t work. Instead he sounded shaken and unsure, tone just as shattered and revealing as his expression. Suddenly becoming preoccupied with that, it took him several seconds longer than it should have to survey the scene, and even then he wasn’t sure he comprehended it. “Are… are you stuck?” he asked with a frown, tears starting to form but not fall. The last time he had encountered someone stuck like this, he had assured they would do his bidding by both blackmail and poorly aimed acupuncture. It worked wonders until he got bored.

Feeling a shiver run down his back, a few tears fell, confusion clear in his expression. “Needles. It’s the only way.” he muttered to himself, biting down an audible sob as his grip tightened, shaking slightly increasing. If no one else could, at least he could believe in the illusion of strength.

User Image

Dedicated Believer

13,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Canny Agent 50
miss tragicomedy

User Image

❝Ṿạḙḷḙṇḉḯạ ♚ Ḷḙṛṇạạỵḙṣ❞

❝a king’s daughter
a king’s sister
a king’s wife
a king herself❞

Halfway out of the mirror, Vael let out a sigh of relief when Jeez entered the room. She took note that he didn’t look as if he was in the best of moods, but that was normal. Sort of. The situation here wasn’t all that normal. After all, the demon had been crying and the angel had just left home purposely. “Jeez..” She began, struggling to pull herself out. At this point, she had to. Needles were mentioned and Vael absolutely hated them.

“Jeez, look, please…”

What would she say? How could she say it? The demon had been in tears and it was her fault. She shouldn’t have hit him. Or yelled at him. Or left for a few minutes.

“...I’m sorry. Honestly. I’m sorry that I hit and yelled at you. It wasn’t fair to you, obviously, and…” Vael paused. If she hadn’t been halfway in a mirror, the conversation would’ve gone better. Shaking her head, she shut her eyes and made another vague attempt to pull herself from the mirror. Several moments later, Vael was halfway out of the mirror, her right leg stuck. Groaning, she blew some hair from her face.

“Anyhow, Jeez. Erm...well...I don’t know how often I should apologize. I feel it’ll make you angrier...but I am sorry and I’m being very, very truthful with you...I’m sorry for leaving you. I just...I didn’t think you’d cry...a-and…” Pausing, she bit down on her lip and brought a hand to her eye, wiping it.

“..J-jeez..I’m sorry...alright? I’m...I-I don’t what to do or say...I’m just...no, umm…”

An awkward silence slowly formed. As it happened, Vael began to cry a bit and covered her face with one hand while reaching the other out to Jeez.

“...c-can you help me, please…?” She asked, her voice cracking.

Dapper Codger

( L E S T x Y O U x E N D x U P x B E S T E D ! xx L O S T x A N D x T O R N x T O x S H R E D S ! xx D I S S E C T E D ! )

Jeez didn’t understand it. He had told her that her friend—or whatever other relationship they held that he didn’t want to think about—was dead and had basically kicked her out, even though she seemed to want to go. So it defied any type of familiar logic that she would not only be here but be apologizing. And for what? Things he had deserved and demanded. Honestly, she had no reason to be apologizing, not that he was in the current mindset to tell her such things. He was more baffled that she was actually apologizing, though she revealed that it was because he was crying.

The words actually managed to bring forth a shaken laugh, his eyes closing as he sank to the ground, burying his face in his knees before he noticed she was crying. This was so predictable it was painfully funny. “Of course you wouldn’t think that. Monsters don’t cry, and you’re just like everyone else. You think I’m a monster.” His tone was soft, but his new tears were audible. It had never hurt this bad before. Even when he was called it to his face, he was able to brush it off. Not this time.

He was able to process her plea for help though, finally noticing that she was crying as well. He wiped away his own tears before standing, closing the small distance between them. It didn’t take but another minute to get Vael free, despite his physical shaking.

He was quick to regain distance, clearly uncomfortable with the fact that she had seen him cry. He hated crying. “You… you shouldn’t have come back. Or apologized. It’s not your fault… it’s never anyone else’s fault.” The words were not nice to repeat, but he knew the truth often wasn’t. It was as clear as day though. She had sounded thrilled to go home, and hand only been here a matter of minutes and was already in tears. Obviously, she should go home. Just the thought caused a wave of guilt to wash over him, the initial moment replaying in his mind. He had lied to her. He felt compelled to change that, and he even knew why.

“I lied. Your friend—Venec is still alive.” he said, sinking against the wall again, unable to make eye contact. “He’s right outside town. In a ditch. Buried, about an inch or so down. You should go get him and go home.” He had every intention of leaving it at that, with some dignity intact. His brain had other plans, the rest just slipping past whatever was left of his filter.

Tears began to run down his cheeks, the demon burying his head once more. “Or stay… please stay. I’m so tired of being alone. People think it’s easy but it’s not. It’s hard. It’s hard to trust people. It’s hard not to lose yourself. It’s hard not to go insane. I thought it would get easier, when I was young. It was supposed to get easier. I wasn’t supposed to care anymore. But it hasn’t… and I still do. Please stay. I’m sorry, for everything. Please.”

User Image
                                                            JeiZoe

Dedicated Believer

13,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Canny Agent 50
miss tragicomedy

User Image

❝Ṿạḙḷḙṇḉḯạ ♚ Ḷḙṛṇạạỵḙṣ❞

❝a king’s daughter
a king’s sister
a king’s wife
a king herself❞

When Vael had been freed from the mirror, she sighed in relief and looked to Jeez, an expectant look on her face. Who said he was a monster? And why would she be inclined to think like anyone else? Vael wasn’t used to any of what had been going on in front of her. If anything, Jeez seemed to be pretty stoic when it came to personal subjects. Rising to her knees, she dusted herself off, offering him a look of concern.

“I-I don’t think you’re a monster. You’re far from it, Jeez...far, far from it..”

Vael sat there, watching the other, her hands in her lap. This was all new to her and so far, she didn’t like any of it. Jeez wasn’t supposed to cry, because it wasn’t like him. Crying, self-pitying, whimpering, none of it was like him at all. Listening to him, her eyes were glued to the ground, unaware of what to do or say in a situation like this.

Looking up, she shook her head.

“I wanted to come back! I didn’t want to leave you here like that…” She began, fiddling with the edges of her shirt. “...I just...I don’t know, I couldn’t just leave, Jeez...and I think it--...what?”

Vael paused, her eyes widening. Did she hear correctly? Venec had been alive afterall. She was on the fence about his disappearance, half expecting Jeez to be responsible while the other half tried to convince her otherwise. Quickly rising to her feet, she turned away. “I-I have to go then..! I have to tell His Holiness and his army to come right away a-and…”

Vael stopped at the door, a hand on the doorway while the other was left at her side. Venec was probably alive still, which was good, but that would’ve meant returning home once she found him. And she couldn’t stand the thought of leaving Jeez behind again. But Venec would be found. That was guaranteed. He was important, therefore he’d be found within a day or two. Turning back, she approached the demon and took a seat next to him.

“...I’ll stay then. I mean, for however long as you need me, I’ll stay.”

She looked to her feet, then to Jeez. Reaching over, she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him close to her, shutting her eyes and sighing softly.

Dapper Codger

As much as Jeez wanted to believe her, something was preventing him. He couldn’t wrap his head around the idea that she wanted to return after everything that had happened. Sure, it had never been his aim to drive her away during all the fights, but that didn’t mean that it didn’t happen. He couldn’t get her reaction about returning home out of his head. She had seemed so excited he actually felt guilty about her coming back. Not to mention greatly confused.

He had every expectation of her leaving at the mention of Venec, despite his unfiltered addition. Almost naturally, Vael shattered that expectation, causing his confusion to grow even greater. Why did she always do the opposite of what he expected? Out of everyone he had ever encountered, she is the only one who had done so on multiple occasions. Usually, it only took one time for him to figure out motive, but with Vael he was starting to believe that she had been right, that she didn’t have a troublesome motive. Why else would she stay when she could return home with an old friend?

Jeez tried not to think too much about it, focusing on the odd mixture of relief, joy, and embarrassment that was filling him.

The demon stiffened at her touch, his mind taking a moment to figure out what was going on. It took several minutes, but he slowly managed to relax majority of his muscles. He still hid his face, tears occasionally falling though he no longer sobbed. However, his mind was far from clear. If anything, he was more confused now than ever.

Taking a deep breath, he peered up at her but made no other movement. “I d-don’t understand Vael. Why… why stay? You obviously had—have a life there. Why leave it? Especially after… mm… reconnecting with an old friend. I-it doesn’t make sense.” he paused, squeezing his eyes shut as a few remaining tears slid down his cheeks. “And don’t say it’s because of this.”

Jeez knew it probably wasn’t the best time for the question. He hadn’t planned on suddenly questioning her after she agreed, then again he didn’t plan on having an emotional breakdown in front of her either. Too late for both now. He opened his eyes once more, but focused on the ground rather than Vael.

[ooc| An idea came to mind. What do you think about having Vael's father visit, since she basically disobeyed him? Like maybe a few hours after the kiss or something? ]

User Image
                                                            JeiZoe

Dedicated Believer

13,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Canny Agent 50
miss tragicomedy

User Image

❝Ṿạḙḷḙṇḉḯạ ♚ Ḷḙṛṇạạỵḙṣ❞

❝a king’s daughter
a king’s sister
a king’s wife
a king herself❞

Reaching over, she wiped a tear from his face. “Well, if you’re wanting to know why I came back, it’s partially because of this...it seems silly, but that’s somewhat it.” Placing her head against his, she ran her fingers through his hair. “Of course I had a life there, but...I have a life here as well. I mean, this has become my home of sorts, so I don’t see why I would up and leave so easily.”

Pausing, the angel looked to her shoes.

“...I mean, I was happy when Venec came for me, you know. I was thrilled, actually! And the thought of going home just seemed fantastic...I’d finally see my friends and family again and things would be normal, but...I just couldn’t cut you out of my life like that.” Vael looked around the room, collecting her thoughts.

“When I thought about it, going home with Venec would’ve been ideal, yes, but...there wasn’t really much of anything back home for. At most, the most exciting thing that would’ve happened there would’ve been Venec and I getting married, since that was planned. After that, he’d join the military there and well..the most I’d be able to do would is become a high priestess. When you really think about it, my life had already been planned out for me. So I didn’t really have a life at home.”

“At home, the majority of things in my life were decided for me. I rarely had any say in anything, so when I came here, I had some say, which was new to me..! I stayed all those times because I had never argued with anyone like I do with you, I had never thrown a dish or a cup or any kind of silverware, and I’ve never been to a market! I’ve never been able to wake up late like we do here and I’ve rarely gotten the chance to sit down and eat face with someone..” Vael giggled a bit and pulled her knees to her chest.

Turning to the demon, she smiled and began to speak after a few moments.

“Being here is better than home. You don’t tell me what to do, wear, say, or eat and you don’t tell me to act any kind of way. I can be myself around you and you aren’t judging me for it. The best thing about all of this was that I got to spend this time with you.”

“I couldn’t just leave this behind. I couldn’t leave you behind...I worry about you, Jeez. It worries me when you come in days or weeks later and it bothers me when you sleep at your desk for days. And when you don’t eat for days…” Vael shuddered at the thought. “It worries me. I just can’t leave you alone! You’ll either die from starvation or exhaustion...I don’t want to be away from you for so long because I don’t know when you’ll leave and I don’t know when or if you’ll return and it just...makes me anxious and sad..”

Pausing, Vael turned away from Jeez and looked to her knees instead. Her smile began to fade as tears formed in her eyes.

“Jeez, I don’t know what I’m saying...I’m just rambling on and on and I don’t think I’m answering your question properly, but..”

“I stayed because I love you, Jeez. I really, really love you and that was probably the worst way to put it, but it’s the truth and...I-I don’t know, Jeez...I really don’t know..” With that, Vael buried her face in her hands and bit down on her bottom lip, her hands trembling.

“I-I don’t have a life at home...nor a future or any of that…”

((ooc: oh, heck yeah! that sounds like a great idea! let's do it!))

Dapper Codger

Jeez took it all in in silence. He never knew her life had been so structured, or that she was a part of an arranged marriage. No wonder her father had fought him tooth and nail, he had plans for Vael. Frankly, the redhead didn’t feel guilty about screwing the proposed wedding up. Actually, he felt a little proud about it, like his jealousy had made him the victor. He didn’t show any of it despite having stopped crying. He didn’t have the time to, Vael quickly moving onward to an even more surprising topic.

She worried about him? He hadn’t picked up on that at all. Blinking, he looked to the ground, half blocking out her words as he searched his memories to prove her words. It took a few seconds, but a thread did appear. It was mostly just looks she had given him, maybe the occasional offer he had thought nothing of. Still, he was somewhat embarrassed that he had to be told this by her, especially because it was so clear in hindsight.

His breath audibly hitched when she said she loved him. His eyes widened, gaze shooting to her with a look of disbelief. The expression softened when he saw her reaction, mind scrambling for a response. A few tears fell out of frustration at the challenge of finding what to say and he quickly gave up the search for finding something of some composure to say.

“You don’t need one Vael, you can have a future here.” He wiped away any remaining tears from his face before gently grabbing her hands. “I… I didn’t know any of that. Guess that makes it a proper answer then. Not that I can even say what a proper answer is. Every time I think I know what you’re going to say or do, I’m wrong.”

He paused, looking at the floor, clearly hesitant about continuing. “I love you too… I think.” The words were soft, almost inaudible, the tone shaky. He released her hands before his started shaking as well. He hadn’t been this terrified since he had accidently eaten rat poison. To make matters worse, old habits started taking over. He started to doubt her. It was easier to just think she was doing this because of his current state rather than out of actual honesty. He already felt more exposed than he was comfortable with.

“N-n-nevermind. It was… I’m just…” He sighed, setting his forehead on his knees before wrapping his arms around his face. As scared as he was, the desire to not mess this up was more powerful. “No, I’m serious. I love you.” He squeezed his eyes shut as he felt a blush fill his face.

[ooc| Sweet! ]

User Image
                                                            JeiZoe

Dedicated Believer

13,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Canny Agent 50
User Image

❝Ṿạḙḷḙṇḉḯạ ♚ Ḷḙṛṇạạỵḙṣ❞

❝a king’s daughter
a king’s sister
a king’s wife
a king herself❞

Vael watched Jeez speak, which seemed unreal almost. There were traces of his tears left, which seemed to hurt her even more. Turning away from him, she placed her hands on her knees and looked to her feet. When a look of disbelief came her way, Vael felt the need to curl up and disappear. It was all too sudden for her, and it may have been the same for him. Gripping her feet, she shut her eyes and prepared for the worse.

It was silly. Her feelings would be unrequited. There was no way he’d love her. She was troublesome, clumsy, loud, and oblivious. She didn’t know much about anything due to being so sheltered most of her life and she had to argue with him about everything. If anything, she was childish and she just couldn’t see him loving him in return. Maybe he liked her. But to an extent of course. She shook her head a bit, regretting what she had said previously.

“...look, you don’t have to--...”

Vael’s eyes widened as she heard his response. Slowly turning to him, she could feel her cheeks heating up. She found her hands in his, which caused her blush to deepen. Gulping, she looked to his hands and back to his face. Before she could do anything, he had released her hands and began to shake. Biting down on her lip, Vael blinked a few times, tears forming in her eyes.

“J-jeez…Jeez, no, look at me, please..” Taking his hands in hers, she gripped them tightly. Lowering a hand of hers, she reached over and lifted his face. His flustered face caused her to chuckle a little. She hesitated for a second before inching closer to the demon, her hands over his once again.

She sat for a few moments, looking back to Jeez and his hands every other second. Taking a deep breath, she kept her eyes on Jeez and exhaled. Leaning over, she inched closer to him, their lips inches apart. A moment later, she placed a hand on his cheek and gave him a soft, gentle kiss.

miss tragicomedy

Dapper Codger

He knew he was overthinking it. Even already having decided to not give into his fear, his mind was providing possible explanations on why Vael had said it. It really was the last thing he expected her to say, especially after last night. So why now? Why did she say it? His physical shaking increased along with his frustration and confusion, and he only shook his head when she mentioned looking at her. He was embarrassed, nervous, confused, and had a red face; there was no way he would look at her at the moment.

Jeez didn’t fight her when she lifted his head. Although he was no longer crying, he was still desperately confused and trying to catch up and process what had just happened, nevertheless what was happening now. He avoided direct eye contact, suddenly realizing just how close they were.

Before he had any chance to further process anything, all thoughts stopped at the finding of lips on his. It took him a few moments to figure out what was happening and kiss back. The action was quite innocent, and be it because of the shock or something else he actually felt a few moments of complete and utter peace. He wouldn’t notice it until he got time to reflect and catch up (if he ever got time) but everything else faded away besides the current moment.

He pulled away, habitually putting several more inches between them than was present before, but was lightly smiling. He was silent a few minutes, not repeating what happened in his mind but trying to figure out what to do now. He had so many questions, he wasn’t sure where to begin or even if he wanted to know the answers. After all, people operated out of self-need, and he didn’t want to hear that answer from Vael, afraid it would only confirm his previous thoughts. After all, he was able to predict what her father would do, he was bound to get it right with her eventually.

The thought quickly caused another, the redhead straightening somewhat before looking at Vael. “Wait, your father wanted you home, right?” he asked, voice calm and collected, much to his surprise. If he was right, then his mind had picked the worst possible time to have an emotional breakdown. Or to have any of this happen. He would say it was unfair, but he knew better.

Half waiting for a response and half already sure of it, he began to rub his eyes, as if it was possible to rub the puffiness and redness away.

User Image
                                                            JeiZoe

Dedicated Believer

13,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Canny Agent 50
User Image

❝Ṿạḙḷḙṇḉḯạ ♚ Ḷḙṛṇạạỵḙṣ❞

❝a king’s daughter
a king’s sister
a king’s wife
a king herself❞

Once he had pulled away, it took Vael a moment to realize that the other had pulled away. Coughing a bit, she cleared her throat and ran her fingers through her hair. After a second or so, she exhaled deeply and slouched against the wall. Looking over slightly, she caught a glimpse of the demon smiling, which caused her to bury her face in her hands and shake her head. At that moment, she wanted to squeal or shout or something, just as long as she could show how happy she was at the moment.

Instead, she hid her red faced and bit down on her bottom lip. Lifting her head, she made at attempt to hide her blush, but failed. Vael felt childish, but it was alright. “I-I’m sorry..” She began with shaky hands. “I’m just...really happy about this..!” She shouted and quickly jumped to her feet. Vael stumbled a bit, but quickly held herself up. “..s-sorry if I’m really loud or annoying, but..”

Vael paused and lowered her arms. That was a good question. Didn’t her father want her home? And the answer to that was a solid ‘yes’. Taking a seat again, she sighed.

“...he does want me home, yes.” She began, avoiding Jeez’s face.

“I don’t think I’m going home though. I mean, I can’t now. I practically disobeyed him...he’s probably furious. And I don’t want to see him like that..” Vael placed a hand on her face and looked to Jeez, then the floor beneath her. Sighing, she shut her eyes and decided to think for a bit. She could go home and clear up the mess she had already caused. Or she could stay with Jeez, who probably needed her more than anything at the moment.

Before she could speak, a booming sound came from outside, causing her to flinch.

Thunder.

“...oh no. Oh no, he’s really upset.”

Another round of thunder had passed, shaking the shop this time.

Dapper Codger

Jeez glanced at Vael as she started talking, an amused expression briefly flashing across his features. He almost felt bad about bringing up her father, pressing as it was. He pulled his gaze away at the answer, withholding a frustrated sigh. How was he going to handle this? Could he handle it? Yes, he’d have to. He had no choice. But how? The thought of just handing over Vael came to mind, but it was quickly dismissed. He almost felt guilty about just thinking about it. He no longer had the excuse of believing she wanted to go home like when he had demanded it earlier. He’d have to find another option.

He glanced upward as the second wave of thunder boomed, exhaling sharply out of his nose in frustration. He closed his eyes and rested his forehead in his palms, silent tears starting seconds later. He didn’t know what he was going to do. He didn’t think he could hold his composure long enough for a face to face encounter, but that was how he did business. He felt trapped.

“I’m sorry Vael.” he mumbled, the words barely audible as they slipped passed his filter. He hadn’t meant to speak to her, not until he figured out what he was going to do. From the looks of it though, he only had one option: to suck it up. Why he felt he needed to apologize though was beyond him and as tempting as it was, he didn’t have the time or resources to figure out the true reason why. All his thoughts were on shoving any desperation, sadness, and fear down and how he was going to pull this off.

Jeez took a shaky breath, wiping away the remaining tears before standing. He kept his gaze on the floor as he moved to the door, pausing just passed the doorway. He glanced at Vael. “You’re probably better off staying up here if you don’t want to see him.” With that, he fully exited the room and proceeded downstairs, forcing himself to take a deep breath every few steps.

He hesitated at the bottom step, dread momentarily getting the best of him. He pushed it off, reminding himself that he did have some footing. He was pretty sure they hadn’t found Venec yet, not with Vael suddenly disobeying. Exactly what he could do with the leverage was still a bit shaky, and that was what frightened him. He forced another deep breath past his lips and wiped his eyes before stepping into the front room. He went to the front desk, lying face down on it as he began the wait, trying to prepare without psyching himself out.

User Image
                                                            JeiZoe

Dedicated Believer

13,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Canny Agent 50
User Image

❝Ṿạḙḷḙṇḉḯạ ♚ Ḷḙṛṇạạỵḙṣ❞

❝a king’s daughter
a king’s sister
a king’s wife
a king herself❞

When the demon had apologized, Vael quickly prepared herself for the worse. He wasn’t going to send her home, was he? That was the worst thing Vael could think of at the moment and it made her sick. Instead, he told her to stay where she was, which put at her at ease somewhat. However, she couldn’t avoid her father forever.

As Jeez left and headed down the stairs, she stood in the doorway and watched him. Jeez had a point. She had a better chance at avoiding her father if she had stayed upstairs. But she couldn’t do that. Sure, he was bound to be terribly upset with her, but avoiding him would make the situation worst. After a moment to herself, she followed after him.

Seeing the other behind the desk, she fiddled with the edges of her top and examined the room. Approaching him, she placed a hand on his back and let out a soft sigh.

“Well, some cleaning could be done until then, don’t you think..?”

//// timeskip ////

Wiping her hands on a stained, white towel, Vael reached back and rubbed her neck. A few hours had gone by while she had been cleaning, which gave Vael some peace at mind. Placing a hand on her hip, she gave the room a quick look over, making sure a trace of blood (or feathers) hadn’t been left anywhere. Satisfied with her work, she folded the towel and stuffed it under her arm.

Turning to Jeez, she gave him a quick smile. ‘Well, I think that’s all taken care of, somewhat..” She said, spinning around. “This looks better, doesn’t it--...!” Turning, Vael looked to the ceiling, an alarmed look on her face.

Just then, another round of thunder had passed, shaking the shop once again. However, the thunder continued, one roll after another. Covering her face slightly, Vael mumbled. “No, no, no...oh no..”

Outside, it began to rain. And it rained hard. Along with the rain came lightening and an increase in thunder. Panicking slightly, Vael pulled a silver ring from her one of her fingers and gently placed it on the ground before her. Whispering a prayer or two, she lowered herself to the floor and began to bow, her knees and hands together while she continued her prayers, which soon turned into tongues and some kind of gibberish.

The ring before her began to rattle, and eventually, crack. Once the ring had cracked, it fell into several pieces, which then began to glow. From the pieces came a large figure, whose presence caused ground to shake, along with the rest of the shop.

Minutes later, a full, outlined figure had been formed out of the ring pieces, leaving Vael to pray faster.

“Valencia.” The voice boomed, forcing Vael to look at the figure.

His features were unseen, making him a silhouette of sorts. However, his eyes, which were a deep blue, were made apparent.

“And here you thought you could stay...well, here.”

Vael gulped and quickly lowered her head again, placing her hands over her head.

“Your Holiness, if I may h-have a word, pl--”

“Adultery and murder.”

The figure had extended a dark hand to Jeez, pointing directly at him.

“Murder.”

The hand then flew to Vael.

“Adultery.”

Reaching down, he took Vael by the collar and pulled her to her feet.

"Y-your Holiness, I-I mean father...erm, uhh...Your Holiness, if you will.."

"Adultery." He hissed, his eyes giving off a faint glow. Gasping, light flew from Vael's eyes. Her white hair began to flow around her, leaving her lifeless at that point.

miss tragicomedy

[[ooc|| we need to talk more ooc---;;;;]]

Dapper Codger

Jeez was reluctant to help, perfectly happy to rest on the desk and figure out what he was going to do and how he was going to do it. However, his will eventually bent and he found himself silently helping. He blinked when he noticed it, but quickly dismissed it. Figuring out a plan was much more important, but he still didn’t know where to start. He had little clues about what exactly Vael’s father was going to do and only had Venec was leverage. It really was not looking good.

He couldn’t even fake a smile when they finished. Not that it mattered, the situation quickly going downhill. Rain started to fall, multiple claps of thunder rolling out, shaking the shop each time. Although he hadn’t shed a tear since helping Vael clean, the realization that he had ran out of time to think overwhelmed him, completely shattering his usual confidence. His eyes began to water, forcing him to bite down on his inner cheek to prevent him from crying. He couldn’t afford to show weakness, not to anyone and certainly not to the king of heaven, not that he really expected any heavenly clients ever again.

He watched Vael’s reaction with mild interest, his own mind too far gone with keeping his own emotions in check to truly register any else. He blankly started as a figure appeared, undoubtedly the king of heaven, biting his cheek harder as he pushed his emotions further down, only to have his anger flare. What was wrong with this man? Didn’t he care what she, his own daughter, had to say? Weren’t angels supposed to be open minded and loving? Wouldn’t that go double for the king?

He processed the sins charged against several seconds after they were first accused, and that was what broke his silence. “Adultery? Really? We didn’t have sex!” he said, a light blush crossing his cheeks despite himself. He continued anyway. “And I didn’t murder anyone. You should really rethink your sources before making such claims.” he added, voice containing far less malice and far more sadness than he intended it to. He bit his cheek once again, silently scolding himself. He had to keep it together.

Jeez was late to the realization that Vael was glowing and otherwise lifeless. What was left of his composure cracked. “Wha—what did you do to her? Tell me! What did you do!? A-and fix it!”

[ooc| Alright. About what? Plotting and the like? ]

User Image
                                                            JeiZoe

Dedicated Believer

13,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Canny Agent 50
User Image

❝ναєℓєи¢ια ☽◯☾ ℓєяиααуєѕ❞

❝a king’s daughter // a king’s sister
a king’s wife // a king herself❞

Dropping Vael to the ground, the figure shut its’ eyes and let out a sigh. A moment later, the shadow disappeared, revealing a taller male who practically hovered over Jeez. He had pale skin, straight, flowing white hair that reached the ground almost, and he wore blue and white silk robes.

“That’s much better, isn’t it?” He questioned Jeez, opening his eyes. Looking to Vael, whose hair was flowing and eyes were glowing still, he rolled his eyes and examined the shop before him. Clearing his throat, he adjusted his collar. “And what’s there to fix?” Scoffing, he stepped over Vael and began to show himself around the shop.

“As for your acts, Jeez Eod, Venec is dead. On my way here, I received notice that he had died. And he had such potential, as well. A very good head on his shoulders and great determination. He wanted to lead our army, actually.” He paused and focused his attention on Jeez, his blue eyes giving off a faint glow.

“Murder is your sin. He’s dead now. As of several minutes ago, actually. You must have buried him deeply. Anyhow, as for her..” He pointed down to Vael, who at this point had her hands around her neck, choking and gasping for air.

“Adultery. You don’t need to sleep with her for her to be charged. She…kissed you while she was promised to another man. Our definition of adultery is far more advanced than yours, therefore I can see where your confusion comes into place.”

Pausing his tour, he stopped at the desk and opened a book which had been there. Shutting it after a second, he approached Jeez, his hands behind his back.

“What did I do to my precious daughter?” He began, standing over her.

“I charged her. Right now, as we speak, her sin is being processed. Once the process is finished, she’s dead. What good would it due for us to allow a soiled girl through our gates again? She disobeyed her father and she decided that she loved you. Intimacy of any sort with a demon is an instant charge.”

Stepping on Vael’s chest, he grinned and faced Jeez.

“So, tell me, Mr. Eod. What do you think we should do? Do we let our little rebel live or do we give her the punishment she deserves? Oh, you can’t answer that.” He applied pressure to his foot.

“I can.”

Vael’s arms fell to her side and the glowing had ceased. Instead of the normal, white hair she had, her hair was now a light gray. Her father faced Vael and tilted his head, his hair falling over his shoulder.

“...this is your first offense, isn’t it?” He began, pulling her up by her collar. “You were spared, surprisingly...but what about your friend? Someone has to pay for Venec’s death, Mr. Eod.”

“And it isn’t her.” With that, he dropped Vael to the ground and ran a hand through his hair.

[[ ooc || well, yeah, ooc, but just about things in general! i feel super bad for just rping with you and then never talking to you;;;;; ]]

miss tragicomedy

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces