Total Votes:[ 27 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 54 55 56 > >>

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
Introduction:

This is a dice version of a D&D style game using the dice system that Gaia has to graciously put on this site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the world of adventuring. It is a scary place at times, and in the end only those who have the will to grit their teeth, and persevere, will survive it's cold and harsh reality. These people are called "heroes", but no hero is born. They are made by experiencing turmoil, and pushing through their own boundaries.

You are hopefully such beings. Do you have the will and testament of those in this world to live your life to the fullest, or will you die on your hands and knees like so many others? Will you become heroes that the world loves, peasant slaves who work each day praying for death or salvation, or become villains that the world fears and detests? Only time will tell as Fate has you dance for his amusement during the arduous tasks he places before you all.

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
Rules:

exclaim Dice will be rolled using the dice roll action. You post the action then edit the post to show your results. This insures that all parties know what the dice roll is, and what it takes to hurt enemies around you.
exclaim No killing other characters (unless you have permission from the player or it's a villainous NPC who's trying to kill you).
exclaim All Gaia ToS rules apply. No cybering (aka keep it PG-15).
exclaim Literate speech only please. No l33t speaking.
exclaim Don't use * for actions, and use "quotations" for speaking. When doing OOC please use brackets (( )).
exclaim Type in a realistic font. I'm getting too old to read font size 2 text and not have it affect me. xp
exclaim Choose your colour when you make your profile.
exclaim Do not post your profile here. We will discuss your character via PM first, and then you can post it on the OOC thread.
exclaim Try to post at least once a day (holidays are a major exception to the rule). You can't level up if your character isn't there, or isn't involved in things other than just being there. If you don't act, you don't get the XP.
exclaim Have fun. I invited you here for a reason.

Any questions on stuff, e-mail me.

Character Rules:

exclaim All characters to be posted in the proper character page format that I show you in a later post.
exclaim Find a good picture for your character. Each time you post, you must post a picture of that character above what happens. NPCs do not have to do this, but will be force to use specific coloured text.
exclaim All characters get the same basic stats: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8. Put them in any order you want. As well, you get 6 points to distribute you any way you want. However, no stat is allowed to be higher than 18 before racial bonuses. Theoretically, you could have an elf with 20 DEX by the time you're done (but only after you're done).
exclaim Everyone will start at 1st level. EDIT: If you come during the game, you will start at closest level to everyone else.
exclaim You can choose any class that you have available (let me know where you found it because I likely have the same source or can get it), and any race. With that being said, if you choose a race with HD, you must conform to Savage Species progressions. But, this also means you can play pretty much anything (including a centaur, ogre, dragon, etc). No fanmade or homebrew.
exclaim Characters with LAs (level adjustments) are allowed, but no buy-offs. If applicable, Savage Species progressions will be used.

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
House Rules:

Everyone has these. The rules here take precedent over the rules listed on the site.

Half-Orcs no longer have the -2 CHA.

All classes will be given access to Dead Levels (there are two links so be sure to check both).

The Knight and Paladin has a strong Will and Fort progression. The Hexblade is updated as per the Mike Mearls update. (If you choose this class, we'll talk.)

Shadowdancer Prestige Class is now easier to access. Pathfinder makes it possible for you to potentially get it at 3rd level. So, revised skill requirements are: Move Silently 5 ranks, Hide 5 ranks, Perform (dance) 2 ranks.

Dodge feat - Gain permanent +1 dodge bonus to AC when not flat-footed. Do not need to declare against which opponent, therefore only needs to be taken once.

Power Attack feat - as per Pathfinder - You can choose to take a –1 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls. This bonus to damage is increased by half (+50%) if you are making an attack with a two-handed weapon, a one handed weapon using two hands, or a primary natural weapon that adds 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier on damage rolls. This bonus to damage is halved (–50%) if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon. When your base attack bonus reaches +4, and every 4 points thereafter, the penalty increases by –1 and the bonus to damage increases by +2. You must choose to use this feat before making an attack roll, and its effects last until your next turn. The bonus damage does not apply to touch attacks or effects that do not deal hit point damage.

Death Effects -- No more instant death; 20d6 damage +1d6 per caster level.

When you get down to negative hit points, you have until CON+HD Level before you die. There will be no rolls for stabilization. You automatically succeed.

In accordance to the Death Threshold rule above, you take longer to die. Therefore, for the first 10 points (-1 to -9), you are considered "slowed". After that, you are unconscious for the remaining points of your life, or until you're healed. The slowed number will increase by 5 for every 10 points the Death Threshold goes up.

Everyone gets 300 gold to start with, and Heward's handy haversack (bag of holding) at 1st level.

I don't count food or regular ammo. Only special ammo (exploding or otherwise magical), or actual expenditures such as going to the bar or actively buying food. Otherwise it's assumed that you make your own arrows/bolts, and you're able to find various fruits, veggies, and meats via foraging and hunting (off screen).

I don't worry too much about a person's STR and what they can or can't carry. I mean, we've all played Resident Evil, and seen how much crap they can carry. However, I'm going to ask that you be realistic. No human can bench press a car with average human numbers. A player will get called on that.

Each character gains max Hit Points with each level up.

If you get a 1 (one) while casting a healing spell, that/those die is/are re-rolled.

You can multiclass as much as you want. You will not be penalized for taking 20 classes over 20 levels, if that is your desire.

3.0 classes have skills that are no longer in use. I will update them as they come. (ie Oriental Adventures Samurai - Iaijutsu Focus to a Knowledge, Intuit Direction, Wilderness Lore, etc).

Grappling rules will be as per Pathfinder. Your Grapple is your CMB. Your defense against grappling is your CMD. It is 10+modifiers (STR+DEX+Size+BAB).

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
Links

These links will help you build your character, and give you ideas as to what you can choose to be. PM if you have any questions/need help.

D&D Rules

Crystal Keep (PDF files) D&D - additional content

D&D Wikipedia

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
Profile:

Use this template for your character. It will be sent to the Profile thread. If you have a picture, be sure to add it above the name.

[b]Name[/b]:
Race/Class/Level
Alignment/Size/Race type
[b]Init[/b] + ; [b]Senses[/b] Listen + Spot +
[b]Languages[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]AC[/b] (Armor Class) 10+, touch ?, flat-footed ?
[b]HP[/b]
[b]Fort[/b] + , Ref[/b] + , Will[/b] +
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Speed[/b]
[b]Melee[/b]
[b]Ranged[/b]
[b]Base Atk[/b] +?; [b]Grp[/b] +?
[b]Atk Options[/b]
[b]Combat Gear[/b]
[b]Stats[/b] Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
[b]SA[/b] (Special Abilities)
[b]SQ[/b] (Special Qualities)
[b]Feats[/b]
[b]Skills[/b]
[b]Possessions[/b] (Items)

Stats will be done with the numbers: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, and 8. As well, you get a pool of 6 points to put in any stat whatsoever. However, you can only have a maximum of 18 in one stat before you take a race. Theoretically, if you were an elf, and had 18 DEX, you could have 20 DEX by the time you were done.

You can put these numbers in any order you like. Know that whatever order you put them in, will dictate what kind of character you will play. For example, if you want to be a Fighter type who swings his sword around, and take lots of damage, you'll put your highest numbers in STR and CON.

This is only the prototype, however. It's what you send to me. The full version will be saved here at MythWeavers.

If you already know how to use MythWeavers, or a site like it, by all means do it up that way and send me a message with the link. I'll double check it.

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
Profile Example:

Using the above template and the stat rules, as well as the D&D rules link, I am going to make Bob. Bob is a commoner peasant farmer and is level 1. You can find the class under "Classes" at the D&D site. I'm skipping the additional 6 points you get because those only go to player characters (PCs), not NPCs ran by me.

I don't expect yours to be as good as mine, but this is the format it will take. I'll help you with the design of it.

Bob
Human Commoner 1
Neutral Good Medium humanoid (human)
Initiative +1 (DEX); Senses Listen +2 Spot +0
Languages: Common, Elven
AC (Armor Class) 10+1(DEX), touch 11 (DEX, no armor), flat-footed 10 (no DEX)
HP d4+2 (CON)=6
Fort 0+2(CON)=2, Ref 0+1(DEX)=1, Will 0+0(WIS)=0
Speed: 30 feet
Melee Attack +2 (STR)
Ranged Attack +1 (DEX)
Base Attack +0; Grp +2
Atk Options: +2 dagger (1d4+2 slashing or piercing, 19-20/x2), +2 pitchfork (1d6+2 piercing, 20/x2), +1 longbow (1d8 piercing, 20/x3)
Combat Gear (potions, oils, etc): none
Stats Str 15 (+2), Dex 13 (+1), Con 14 (+2), Int 12 (+1), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 8 (-1)
SA: none
SQ: +4 skill points at 1st level, +1 skill point at each level
Feats: Skill Focus (profession: farmer +3 pts), Martial Weapon Proficiency (longbow)
Skills: (2+INT)x4=12 points -- Climb 1 pt+2 STR=3, Handle Animal 4 pts-1 CHA=3, Listen 2 pts+0 WIS=2, Profession (farmer) 4 pts+0 WIS+3 (Skill Focus)=7, Spot 1 pt+0 WIS=1
Possessions (Items): combat gear plus pitchfork, dagger, longbow, 20 arrows, 1 days worth of rations, waterskin (full)

Bob has chosen dark blue. He must write with this colour, always. Unless it's OOC then regular black text is fine.

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
Characters in the Game:

PCs (Player Characters):
Lore - the aasimar vampire-blooded cleric
Soku - the human samurai
Exoraté - the human rogue soulknife
Mal Fascinar - the tiefling illusionist
Kakashi - the human warblade

NPCs (Non-Player Characters):
Jennek Silverthistle
Ednea
Olivar Stelkov
Father Yanov Letru
Constable Pollaeus Kestellar
Mayor Olbrad

Renfaldo (theif)

Aiden Lander
Jrak Silverleaf
William Sleen
Archie Lander (missing)
carriage driver (unknown)

Mayor Christofar Sendars
Arianna Tungstan
Stefan Doverspeak
Father Samual
Jax (Town Guard)

Note: NPCs are always played by me, the DM.

kevin video rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
Example:

For those of you who don't know how to do this, here are a listing of what you should do:
1) Reply to the thread.
2) Click on Post Action > Roll Dice
3) Choose the Die size based on what you're doing.
4) Choose the number of dice you need to roll.
5) Edit post to describe exactly what you're doing and change up the math a accordingly.

For example, this character is going to attack his opponent with an axe. The axe is one 12-sided die. However, he still needs to hit. To hit, you roll one 20-sided die and add your attack for a grand total.

This character's attack is +0 because he's a commoner and only has 10 Strength (STR).

EDIT: I rolled a 20 on the 20. In this case, it is 20+0=20. However, something I didn't expect happened. I rolled a 20. If you roll a 20 or a 1, it is a critical success or fail, in that order. If you roll a 1, you miss. If you roll a 20, you do another post and roll again. You then add the numbers again. If you beat the number you need to hit, you do extra damage. Note: there is an exception to that rule. You can't critical things that aren't living (ie undead or golem constructs) unless you have a special ability that allows you to.

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
Updates and Changes:

We're only human, and we sometimes make mistakes or forget things. This will inform everyone when something becomes different for some reason.

- Updated Rules and added Character Rules.
- Updated NPCs.
- Updated Power Attack feat.
- Updated Death Threshold rule.
- Updated Shadowdancer Prestige Class requirements.
- Updated NPCs

- Updated house rules.

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
This game is now open.

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
Welcome to the town of Steeplefall. It's a small city populated by a very superstitious people who religiously celebrate an annual holiday festival known as the "Day of Straw Men".

Each year the people create small little dolls out of straw that they speak to about their indiscretions, and then throw upon a large bonfire in the middle of the city's venue, at dusk. As the doll burns, their secrets and sins burn with it, giving them a cleansing feeling. That is not all that happens here though. There are many things to do at the festival this holiday. There is an archery contest run by the half-elf ranger and craftsman Jennek. First place is a brand new masterwork longbow that he completed last month. There is also a fortuneteller, Ednea, who has been rumoured to never be wrong about her predictions. If those do not tickle your fancy, the patrons of this city enjoy much dancing around the fire, and playing with the band. For those who have a thirst, Olivar's Inn has a dwarven innkeeper who'll give you some of the strongest ale you can try handling. Most can't make it past the first mug though.

This year, you all have decided to come visit this small city, and participate in the festivities. Whether it's to throw a doll on the fire for all of your sins, or to participate in all the different activities that they have available is your business and no one else's.

However, tonight there may be an unexpected, uninvited guest.

((What do you guys wish to do?))

Festive Knight

18,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
((For anyone wondering, yes there is a small church in the city, but most of the clergy are out on business, or helping with the festival. If anyone wants to go there, they may. It's of Ehlonna.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff