Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Poster

The Doctor turned around and motioned for Lindsey to follow him. The last thing he needed was to loose his new companion on her first journey. When he was sure Lindsey was following him the Doctor walked closer to the voice he had heard. "I;m right here!" he called out to the voice. "Have you ever heard of the game Marco Polo? I say Marco, and you replay with Polo. Got it? Marco!" the Doctor stepped over a cluster of weird looking vines, hoping he was getting closer to the voice.

Shy Browser

11,900 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Citizen 200
" Got it!" Brent said having the feeling he had played this game before. " Polo!" He said hearing the voice get louder. He saw a man in a long coat and a young woman following close to him. " I'm happy we weren't too far apart. " Brent said and hoped these two could help.

Lindsey had followed close having a feeling that it would be easy to get lost in this forest. " Are you okay? You look like you were in a fight. " She said seeing the bruises and cuts on the mans face.

Shy Poster

"There you are!" the Doctor said when he finally came face to face with the voice he and Lindsey had been chasing after. Lindsey made a remark about the cuts on the mans face. The Doctor hadnt noticed the wounds at first, but looking again he noticed small scrapes oozing small bits of blood. "Why were you calling out for help, if you dont mind my asking." The Doctor asked, slowly pulling his sonic out of his coat pocket just in case it would be needed soon.

Shy Browser

11,900 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Citizen 200
" Something has invaded my town. " Brent said and looked behind him. " These silver men , but they aren't men, but more machine. We failed and we didn't know this would happen. " He said knowing this invasion was his fault. All he had wanted was to prove that his theory was correct.

" Cybermen. " Lindsey said and shuddered. "How did you fail and why are the Cybermen involved ? " She asked having a feeling they were on the right world.

Shy Poster

"Cybermen! So I was right!" The Doctor exclaimed, temorarilly ignoring Brent's fear. "How far are we from SolarTec Lab's, do you know? I need to get there as soon as possible. It's very important." He asked, his words jumbling together due to the fast pace he found himself talking in.

Shy Browser

11,900 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Citizen 200
" We are about 2 miles from the main building but still on SolarTec property. This is all my fault. Even if we can defeat the Cybermen everyone will skin me alive. Six months ago I was a simple gravitational physicist from a small college. Published one essay in the National Journal of Science on my theory and get hired here. How was I supposed to know Garret Yats had made a deal with these silver devils?" He said seeing the worry on the young woman's face.

Shy Poster

The Doctor frowned. "I'm sorry, repeat that. Who made a deal? Do you know why?" The Doctor stepped closer and put a hand on Brent's shoulder, looking him into the eye. All of this was important, The Doctor hoped Brent realized this. He realized he wasnt being the most comforting person in Brent's time of need, but it appeared that Lindsey was taking care of that. For which he was thankful.

Shy Browser

11,900 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Citizen 200
Garret Yats. He's CEO of SolarTec. Don't know the details if the deal he made with those monsters. For me , it was 250,000 Vellus for my theory and triple that amount each year I worked for him. I badly wanted that money. It would have helped my sister be able to leave this world so she can be with my parents. " Brent said knowing they all were doomed now.

( vellus could be the currency on the world and it's equal to one million US dollars )

Shy Poster

The Doctor took a moment to think over what Brent had said. It seemed, that if Brent's theory was what brought Lindsey to this universe, then the equipment had never been stolen in the first place. What he had trouble believing was that the Cybermen were willing to make a deal with anybody. They usually took whatever they pleased, like Viking's raiding a village. "Lindsey, what do you think of this?" the Doctor asked, turning to the blonde.

Shy Browser

11,900 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Citizen 200
"It could be possible that Yats made a deal with the Cybermen knowing full well with what he was doing." Lindsey said thinking a bit. "I mean it's not impossible for that to happen, unless there is something else going on, but I have a feeling the Cybermen could have made a deal so they could have this technology." She added

" He could have made the deal before he met me, since he seemed somewhat panicked when I turned down his first offer. Wonder what else that jerk was doing." Brent said bitterly.

Shy Poster

"Well, whatever is going on. We are going to get to the bottom of this." The Doctor said, pocketing the sonic. It didnt seem like he would be needed it as of right now. "So, Brent. How do you feel about showing us where this Yat's bloke is. Or pointing us in the general direction?" He smiled at Brent, hoping the boy would cooperate.

Shy Browser

11,900 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Citizen 200
" I'll gladly take you to where Yats is. I warn you though those Cybermen that you call them are everywhere. I barely made it out myself and was hoping to get on a ship. " Brent said and was ready to help.

"I'm ready as well. " Lindsey said and shuddered a little at the cold feeling she got. She just hoped they could save this world before it was too late.

Shy Poster

The Doctor pulled out his sonic again, since there were Cybermen in the area he would probably be needing it. Taking the TARDIS was risky, she might not land in the place they wanted them. Looking over, the Doctor saw Lindsey shiver. Either she was cold, or she was scared. Reaching over, he grabbed her hand and gave it a small squeeze, as if to tell her that thing's were going to be okay. He was going to do his best to make thing's okay at least."Lead the way then." he said, giving Lindsey a reassuring smile.

Shy Browser

11,900 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Citizen 200
Brent turned around and headed back towards the building. " I know of a back entrance we can go in. I just hope no one else knows about it by now" He said and lifted a branch up. He got the creeps thinking about the last few hours and hoped they had a chance.

Lindsey gave the Doctor a scared smile but knew she needed to be brave. " I am not going to let then get me ever. " She thought to herself as they walked through the woods.

Shy Poster

"And I'm not going to let them get you, that's a promise." The Doctor said as the two started off following Brent. So far, the Doctor didnt see any signs of the Cybermen. Which was good. "Will the back door be locked?" he asked Brent. "IF youre worried that it will be I've got it covered."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff