Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cosmic Gatekeeper

User ImageUser Image
                                              A small smile quirked at her lips. "True," she agreed. If the flirtatious nurses were anything to go by, no one seriously suspected that the doctor and patient were anything more than friends. "Fragile male egos will make up anything to explain my success rather than admit that I'm simply better than them." Her eyes rolled, a wry smirk on her lips. Parker waved his apologies off. "It'll die down eventually." While it was annoying, she wasn't too concerned it would affect her work especially after she already put the fear of god into Jones.

The alarm went off. Her brows creased. A drill wasn't scheduled today, was it? A code black was announced over the speakers. The sounds of doors opening and feet shuffling, orders being shouted down the hall immediately followed. Parker but her hand over his when the soldier reached for his gun, shaking her head. "We need to evacuate." A code black meant an intruder. Sometimes, it just meant a confused elderly person entered a restricted area; rarely was it something serious, but there was a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. Helping her patient into his wheelchair, she rolled him out to the designated area. As soon as she dropped him off, she was immediately heading back inside. "I have to make sure all the patients get out safely! It's my job!" she explained when he tried to stop her. A certain area was assigned to her in emergencies, and it was her duty to make sure it was clear. Other doctors and nurses were following suit as well to check their assignments.

Amy had just finished sweeping the area. All clear. Now she could go back and join Havoc. As she turned the corner, she saw a man standing in the middle of the hall. Oh, she missed a straggler. "Sir, we're evacuating the hospital. Let me help you outside." The man wasn't responding. Stepping forward, she placed a hand on his shoulder to get his attention. "Sir?" The man's teeth suddenly tore into the flesh of her hand. The doctor hissed in pain, shoving her fist further into his mouth to force the whole to widen so she could free her hand from his bite, pushing him back and stumbling back herself as she clutched her bleeding hand. Her teeth gritted. A psych patient? No.. There was something off about him. His eyes were cloudy, devoid of life as he limbered forward. "W-What the hell?" Was he.. Was he dead? No, then how was he still walking?! Unless.. Horsemen. The undead man kept lumbering towards her. Amelia kept stepping backwards to maintain distance. She tripped over a crash cart, falling to the ground. The zombie knelt over her, trying to chew into the delicate flesh at her neck, but Amy held him him at an arm's length away. s**t! If he was already dead, how was she supposed to kill it?! Green eyes flickered the the defibrillator. Summoning her strength, she shoved him off and dived for the paddles. Charging them up, she slammed them against his head as the zombie lunged for her again, quickly wrapping the cords around him to leave the zombie convulsing on the floor as the electric shocks ran through his body.

Amelia shakily stood up. She needed to get out of here. She ran down the halls, but just as she rounded a corner, she ran into two men: a Xingese and a plain looking Amestrian. "You're right, Brother, this one is annoying," the Amestrian sighed. "Just look what she did to my poor baby!" Green eyes stared up wide from the floor. Her body felt numb. "W-Who are you?" she demanded. "And here I thought that the doctor who diagnosed my scarlet fever would be more clever than this," the Xingese sneered. Her face paled. Horsemen.. So, that one must be Pestilence, but who was the other? "I'm so hungry, Brother. Can I eat her soul yet?" the Amestrian whined. That must make him Famine. "Go ahead. Make it quick. You know I detest when you play with your food," Pestilence sighed.

Famine knelt onto his haunches, inhaling her aroma like he was smelling a plate of food fresh off the stove. Her fingers clenched at the scalpel she had taken from the crash cart discretely tucked by her side. At the right moment, she would attack and run. Blue eyes lit up. "This body has two souls!" he squealed in delight. Her brows furrowed slightly. What did he mean two souls? "Ahh, the younger the soul, the sweeter it is, and babies are the sweetest of all~" he sighed in pure bliss. Green eyes widened, her hand slowly moving over her stomach. No, it couldn't be.. Was she.. Was she pregnant? Her periods were hardly ever regular because of the strain dancing had put on her body. That was common for young athletes. Sure, she hadn't been feeling great lately, but she chalked it up to stress. She usually started to perk up once the afternoon started to roll around. Was that actually morning sickness? Oh.. Oh god.. "I wonder what will happen if I consume the fetus's soul while it's still inside you?" he wondered curiously, head innocently tilted to the side. "Will it wither away without a fully formed body? Orrr~ Will it eat you from the inside out? Oh, I can't wait to find out!" he exclaimed, gleefully clasping his hands. "Like hell you will!" she growled, shoving the scalpel into his jugular. Scrambling to her feet, she started to run down the hall.

"I told you not to play with your food, you ravenous swine," Pestilence clucked his tongue. Amelia gradually started to slow down as her limbs felt like lead. The room was hot. Her skin felt like it was burning. Her entire body seared with with hot pain. The room was spinning. Squinting through her blurring vision over her bleary vision to make out Famine standing back up. Right, it would take a lot more than that to kill either or Homunculi or Horseman. ********. Fighting through the fatigue and pain, she took off running again. She had to force herself to keep moving despite despite being on the drink of passing out. If she lost consciousness, that would surely guarantee her death. Making her way to her office, she found the gun Jean made her keep for self defense after Lust paid her a visit. Going by her friends' accounts, this wouldn't kill them either, but it might slow them down. She wasn't crazy enough to try to kill them on her own; all she needed to do was escape. The doctor took a deep breath, the air rattling in her lungs. She tried as best she could to suppress her cough. Bright red splattered in the palm of her hand. A grim frown sat on her face. That wasn't good.. She nervously glanced down to her stomach. Would the baby survive her illness? ..Would she? No, she knew the layout of this hospital better than they did. There were multiple points of exit, she just had to get to one.

Footsteps echoed down the hall. Amelia ran out of her office. Standing her ground, she pointed the barrel of the handgun at them. "If you believe your primitive weapons will be enough to take us down, you are just as foolish as the rest of your kind." Just a little closer. Amy fired the pistol except she wasn't aiming for the Horsemen. No, she aimed at the fire extinguisher. The bullet pierced the metal, the change in pressure setting off an explosion the filled the hall with a dense, white mist from the foam within. Using this diversion, she sprinted down the hall. Relief flooded her panic filled heart as she reached a set of double doors at the end of the hall. She knew at the end of that hall was an emergency exit. But when she pushed on the doors, they did not budge. No.. No! They were locked! Amy cursed under her breath. Footsteps echoed down the hall again. s**t, she needed to find a place to hide!

Ducking into an operating room, she blocked the door and went to work using her blood from the wound on her hand to start painting Alkahestry circles. Gathering all the scalpels she could find, she shoved them onto the points of all the circles. Then she took refuge inside a cabinet and waited. Her breath was ragged and wet with the blood that kept filling her mouth. Blood dripped from her nose. Whatever he had infected her with, it caused internal bleeding. If she didn't get out of her soon, she'd die from blood loss before the Horsemen could get to her. The door crashed open. Taking a deep breath, she steadied her nerves and slammed her hand onto the circle just outside the cabinet before slamming the metal door shut and praying this would be enough to shield her from the explosions filling the room.

As soon as the string of explosions finished, Amelia was crawling out of the cabinet. Her ears were ringing. Where were they? Where were the Horsemen? She didn't see them. Shaking legs carried her out of the room ready to try a different route, however someone caught her just she exited the room. Her arm rose with a handful of extra scalpels ready to stab the Horseman. They caught her wrist. Wide, green eyes stared at Roy in shock. "W-Where are they? Where are the Horsemen?" she asked in a panic. "They must have run off," the Colonel said, looking agitated they got away. "I heard the explosions and came running." Relieved tears filled her eyes. She survived. The adrenaline was draining out of her system. Her legs started to give out. Roy wrapped his arm around her, holding her up. "I got you. Let's get you out of here."

"Jean.. Where's Jean?" she demanded once Mustang had her outside. Before she would let anyone check on her, she had to see him, make sure he was fine. Roy helped her walk to Havoc. Amy collapsed into his arms, not caring who saw. Thank god, he was safe. "Pestilence and Famine," she explained simply. "Careful.. I'm infected with something," she warned weakly. Not that they should be kissing or anything out here in the open anyways. Suddenly, she doubled over, vomiting up blood. "Oh.. That's not good.." she muttered before she collapsed unconscious onto the ground, blood leaking from her nose and mouth.

---

The hospital had reopened, and a team of doctors and nurses had Amelia in the emergency room. "Someone get this man out of here!" a doctor yelled as they worked to stabilize the woman. "I know you're worried, Havoc, but we've got this," Cece promised, gently ushering him out. "But we need room to work." However, she froze, blue eyes wide in shock when one of the nurses announced the bloodwork showed the Amelia was pregnant. Her gaze flickered suspiciously to Havoc for a split second before continuing to guide him into the waiting room. "We'll take care of them, both of them," she swore. "But don't forget you have a secret to keep. You don't want the first thing Amy to wake up to is to find out she's been fired, right?" The nurse offered him a light smile. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." She winked. "I'll check back in periodically with updates, okay?" With that, she headed back into the ER.

True to her word, Cece came back with an update forty-five minutes later. "We've stabilized her for now, but she still hasn't regained consciousness. The fetal heartbeat looks strong. She's about eleven weeks pregnant." The nurse went back to work. Nadia was checking up on Havoc when the front desk wasn't busy, making sure to fetch anything he needed. Another hour, Cece popped back up with another report. "Both of them still stable. We've diagnosed her with Dengue Fever, but we don't know where she would have picked it up from. She hasn't traveled anywhere, right?" she asked. Cece shook her head. "Right, she would have told us if she were going somewhere exotic on vacation. It's just so strange for Scarlet Fever and now this to pop up at the hospital." Her lips pursed together. "Anyways, we've given her acetaminophen for the fever and pain and have started a blood transfusion."

Mr. Parker had shown up, having taken the first train to Central as soon as he got the call. Benjamin sat silently next to Havoc. An alarm from one of the machines started blaring from Amelia's room and staff went rushing in. "Her pressure is bottoming out!"

"She's bleeding internally! We need to open her up and find the source of the bleed!"

"But the fetus!"

"We don't have any other options!"

A nurse frantically rushed out. "Mr. Parker?" Benjamin looked up looking incredibly worn out. The stress made the years show on his face. "Your daughter needs emergency surgery, but the procedure could be dangerous to the fetus. Do we have your consent?"

"What're you asking me for? Ask the baby's father," he growled. "B-But we don't know who that-" Cece cut in, taking the consent forms from the other nurse, "I'll handle this." Once the other nurse was gone, she turned to Parker and Havoc. "Mr. Parker, you are Amy's next of kin, and while I would ask the father of the child -" she nodded discreetly, glancing at Jean, "we are not aware of his identity because the patient cannot share that information." The redheaded man's brows furrowed in confusion. "Amy is bleeding internally, and we need to perform emergency exploratory surgery to find the source. This is a risky procedure for both the mother and the fetus, but it is necessary. Do we have your consent?" While Cece faced Benjamin, her gaze was trained to the side at Havoc. It was clear her words were coverly meant for him. The nurse couldn't ask him legally, but she couldn't stop Mr. Parker from basing his decision on Havoc's judgement. As soon as Havoc agreed, Cece handed the papers to Amelia's father to sign.

---

"The surgery was a success. Both mother and fetus's vitals are looking good. She's recovering in the ICU if you'd like to see her, but I should warn you she still hasn't woken." Cece shut the door and closed the blinds over the windows so that he could have some privacy.

Amelia was resting in the hospital bed. She was hooked up to fluid bags, another blood transfusion, and machines to monitor her heartbeat as well as the fetus's. Both were beating strong and steady. Her fever had finally broken. Eventually, her green eyes began to flutter open. "Jean..?" she rasped.

Adorable Muse

20,965 Points
  • Power Converter 150
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Generous 100
User ImageUser Image
                                                  tab Havoc had never looked so relieved in his life. He held Amy tightly, his face burying into the crook of her neck. Thank goodness she was safe. He didn't know what he would have done if he lost her. He pulled away; blue eyes widening. What? Two horsemen were there? But why? "You didn't run into them, did you...?" Well obviously she must have. Why else would she know who was there? Brows knitted together worriedly. "Doctor! We need a doctor!" s**t, he didn't want another episode like the last time Pestilence showed up. She threw up blood, and he began to panic. "Amy...! Amy! Mustang go get a doctor!" He was practically shouting; hands shaking. He had never felt so useless in his life.

---

Amy was rushed to the ER with Havoc in tow. He didn't want to leave her for fear that it would be the last time he saw her. He wanted to know everything that was happening. "No...!" The doctors wanted him out, but he couldn't leave! That was his girlfriend! Cece was the one to usher him out, but Havoc was stubborn, he didn't want to move. Still, she was just as persistent and somehow got him out of the room. "I know-" His head swiveled to stare at the nurse that rushed in. What!?

He felt like his whole world was crashing down. Amy was pregnant...? Since when? His face was ghostly pale, he looked ready to pass out or throw up, probably both at the same time. His scared gaze trailed up to Cece. "Right...Thank you." His mind was still processing everything. Amy was dying, she was pregnant, the baby could die, wait, she was pregnant. Oh god, he was going to be a father? No, no, no, this couldn't be happening. He could barely take care of himself, let alone a child. What was he going to do? He couldn't even walk, he didn't want his baby growing up disappointed in him. What if Amy didn't want the baby?

Havoc had his head between his hands, trying to process what exactly was going on when Cece walked over. It was like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. Thank goodness she was stable, and so was the baby. "Thank you Cece." She was such a good nurse. He made a mental note to put in a good word for her so she got a raise or something. Even Nadia was keeping an eye on him. Amy had some good friends, he was happy to have them around.

Dengu fever? How in the world did she get that? Oh right, Pestilence, but he couldn't go telling everyone else that lest they throw him in a psych ward. He sighed, staring at Amy's door. "As long as she's stable..." At the end of the day, that was all that mattered.

Unfortunately, things couldn't be that simple, it never could. She was dying, and Havoc was breaking apart. Tears filled his eyes, he knew he had to keep strong, he had to act like he didn't love her, but he didn't want to. He wanted to be by her side, he wanted to make sure she was okay. They called her father, and Havoc eavesdropped on the call.

She needed emergency surgery but it could kill the baby. His mind blanked. What did they do? Amy would want to protect the baby, right? But Havoc was a selfish man, he didn't want to lose Amy and right now, she was far more important than an unborn fetus. Havoc couldn't even bring himself to look at Benjamin. He gave a small nod, knowing full well Cece was looking straight at him. "Just save her." He whispered, barely audible. She came first.

---
                                                  Havoc almost cried in relief to find that not only was the surgery successful, but the baby was still alive as well. "That's fine...I want to see her." Cece pushed him to Amy's room and he felt his heart break at all the monitors attached to her. The door was closed behind the nurse and Havoc wheeled closer.

He placed his hand on Amy's his thumb gently rubbing the back of her hand. What he would give to switch positions with her right now. He had never felt so lost and completely helpless. He was so scared of losing her. Tears filled his eyes; a few stray droplets falling onto her cheek.

"Amy...? Oh Amy, thank God!"
                                                  She was awake, she was alive. He reached over and hugged her tightly, letting her slowly regain her strength before pulling away. "You scared the s**t out of me..." He told her seriously before cupping her face and kissing her. "I don't know what I would have done if I lost you." He rested his forehead against hers, worry reflecting in those beautiful blue eyes. "But...We have a problem."

His eyes moved to her stomach; his large hand hovering protectively over it. "Did you know you were pregnant...? The nurse said you're eleven weeks." He tried to break it to her gently, on the off chance that she had no idea, but she needed to know now. "What do you want to do Amy? Whatever decision you make, i'm here for you." This was partly his fault, but it was her body, and ultimately, her choice.

User Image

[[ooc; ]]

Adorable Muse

20,965 Points
  • Power Converter 150
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Generous 100
                        User Image
                        User Image

tab Golden eyes finally moved to the door when she heard Ling's voice. Her lips pressed into a thin line. She had been forcing herself to eat more so for the babies than anything else. She sighed, rubbing the back of her head. That was the problem, she didn't want her position back, but a part of her was afraid to say anything, especially because Ling probably worked so hard to get her position back for her.

Ming stayed quiet when he scolded her. She knew all of that already, she knew better than anyone that she made a stupid mistake that could have cost her babies and her own life. Her lips pressed into a thin line; guilt washing over her. She didn't mean to worry him, she didn't mean to cause such a mess. She was angry at herself for losing control, angry that she had done something so reckless. Why was she so stupid? The self loathing was practically rolling off of her.

"I wasn't thinking, and I should have. I'm sorry for putting you in an awkward situation and not waiting."
                                                                        She murmured. Ming would take full responsibility for her actions. "You shouldn't have gotten my position back." She looked up at him with a tired smile on her lips. "I'm resigning from the court. I'll formally do so tomorrow." She got up, placing a hand on her stomach. "I can't hide this anymore, it's best I leave the court until I give birth." That way they could buy as much time until he could figure out how to gain one wife.

She shook her head, biting her lower lip. "About that...I need to break it to my mom still. W-Will you come with me...? She needs to know who the father is." Worry reflected in her gaze. "Don't worry, she won't be too mad." That was a lie, she knew her mother would be furious.

The two walked into the infirmary, Ming clearing her throat. Her mom frowned, eyeing her daughter before noticing the slight stomach bump. "Ming are you okay!?" Not knowing her daughter was pregnant, it was clear why she would be worried. "Um...Mom, I need to tell you something." Lady Zhang watched her daughter warily; her silence a sign that she may speak. "I um...I'm pregnant." By then, both of her brothers had finished their interrogation and had walked in just in time to hear the news.

It was so quiet in the infirmary one could probably hear a pin drop. "No offense Ming, but who in the world would be the father? Surely an Amestrian isn't that stupid." The youngest of her twin brothers joked, instantly shutting up when their mother glared at the boys. The eldest of the two looked far more worried. "Ming-hua, you understand what this means, right? It's going to be hard to find a husband here knowing you aren't a virgin.
                                                                        Not to mention your position in the court would be on the line."
                                                                        That was when Song-Bo's gaze flickered to Ling. Wait...Why was the emperor there?

Her family's gaze went from her to Ling and back to the youngest Zhang. "Um, about that..." She took a deep breath, moving to step in front of Ling lest her mother blow up. "You see, the um, emperor, is the father of my children."

Lady Zhang was shocked, as were Sung-Bo and Dai-Chin. "Wait, you ******** the emperor? High five little sister!" Dai-Chin cradled his stomach as the elder twin karate chopped it, obviously unamused with his younger brother's nonchalance of the situation. Lady Zhang turned her cold gaze towards Ling. "So, you're telling me you are carrying the emperor's twins?" Ming nodded, looking away from her mother's stern gaze.

But Lady Zhang was not upset with her daughter, no, she was angry with the emperor. "How do you plan to take responsibility for this, my lord? I will not have my daughter be a concubine. Your lineage be damned if you even think of putting her in such a lowly position. We will discuss this matter later, first, let me check on the children." Ming sat obediently at the table; watching as her mother listened to the heart beats. "You have two very strong heart beats. You need to be more careful though Ming. They are going to keep growing. It is no longer just your life you have to worry about, but theirs." Ming nodded, beaming as her mother kissed her cheeks. "And congratulations, even if this wasn't exactly what I had in mind." She affectionately pinched her daughter's cheeks before that warm gaze disappeared upon landing on Ling.

"As for you...What can you offer my daughter? She is carrying your babies, so tell me what you plan to do about it." For someone who was supposed to be beneath the emperor, she did not seem to care. He was a child in her eyes, and as far as she was concerned, unfit to rule as emperor. He was not her emperor and she would treat him like the child he was.

Song-Bo and Dai-Chin watched their motherly warily; both boys moving to their sister's side to congratulate her. Ming patted their hands before getting up and holding Ling's hand tightly. "Mother, don't be so harsh with him. I-I love him, and I plan to be his wife." She pouted when all three of her family members laughed. That wasn't funny! "Ming, you do know how tradition works, right?" Her mother questioned. "Yes, but Ling plans to change that. Right? Tell her Ling." Now she was just upset that even her own mother didn't believe her.

User Image
                                                                        [[ooc;; ]]

Cosmic Gatekeeper

User Image

xxxxxxxx❜ :《 so i ran with the devil
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx「 :◤ LEFT A TRAIL ) * OF EXCUSES —
xxxxxxxxxxx❛ ╰ like a stone on the water : the elements decide my fate
xxxxxxxxxx◞ `watch xxxxit xxxxgo xxxxxxxxbling xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅
xxxxxxxxxxxxHIGHER & HIGHERxxxxxxxWE`RE GONNA TAKE ITxxxxxxxDOWN TO THE WIRE
xxxxxxxxxxxxWE`RE GONNA MAKE ITxxxxxxxOUT OF THE FIRExxxxxxxHIGHER & HIGHER
xxxxxxxx( ⋮▊ it ain`t hard to holdxxxwhen it shines like goldxxxyou`ll remember me.

User Image
                                                        "What? Why?" he questioned incredulously. "What? No?" Why was she resigning from court when he just spent all this time making sure she would still have a job? "Why should you have to give up your job just because you're pregnant?" Ling rubbed the back of his head. "Unless you think it'll be too hard..?" If that was the case, he couldn't really stop her. "But don't give up your position just because you're worried about the court. It doesn't matter if they find out if I'm going to marry you anyways." The court wouldn't be able to do anything to her now that she was the mother of the next heirs to the throne.

His fingers carded through his hair, sighing heavily, "Ming-hua!" This woman was going to give him an ulcer from stress. Ling stared at her. Why was she avoiding the question? "Please tell me you've been to the doctor?" He knew his court lady could not be that stupid after that hit she took? His hands were clammy, his heart beating anxiously. Was there something wrong with them? Were they going to lose them? Is that why she hadn't answered the question. A heavy sigh of relief made him flop into the chair, clutching at his tightened chest. Thank goodness, the babies were fine. "Don't scare me like that," he breathed out, the color returning to his face.

"Yeah, of course I'll go with you," he agreed with a light smile. "I still need to ask your family for their blessing." At least that was one problem that had been solved. He had finally convinced Ming-hua to stop being so reluctant to the idea of becoming his wife. She didn't have to have any power as an empress if she truly felt uncomfortable even though he thought her experience as a court lady would make her a capable leader. However, Ling had no idea what he was getting himself into.

Ling walked with her to the infirmary where her mother worked as one of the court physicians. Though, she had never tended to any of his ailments. The young lord stood off to the side of the room, watching Ming tell her family she was pregnant. He was just as anxious as Ming to see how the news would be received. He exhaled the breath of air he'd been holding as one of her brothers tried to break the tension. His back stiffened, an attempted wry smile on his face when all eyes suddenly shot to him. Well, at least one of them was happy? Honestly, he wasn't really sure what was going through everyone's heads at the moment.

Lady Zhang was firing questions at him without even giving him a chance to defend himself. His mouth shut, a slight pout on his face when she ended the conversation before it even began. Why even bring it up if wasn't ready to discuss anything? He wasn't sure he liked this woman, but it was Ming's mother, so he had to be polite. Ling waited silently as the physician examined Ming's belly. A small smile quirked at his lips. Good, the babies were healthy. There was a softness in his eyes as he watched mother and daughter. Well, Lady Zhang didn't seem to be too mad. Correction, she wasn't mad at Ming. A shiver ran down his spine at the cold look she leveled at him.

His fingers carded nervously through his hair. He wasn't sure he understood the question. "What can't I offer her?" He was the emperor of Xing. He could provide her with just about anything her heart desired. His tense shoulders relaxed slightly as Ming took his hand. He squeezed her hand, offering her a soft smile. That was right. They would marry and raise their children together. Ming wouldn't have to worry about any consequences. He'd make sure she wouldn't. His mouth dropped into a frown when they all laughed. What was so funny? His face contorted into a small scowl at the mention of tradition. "She's right. Ming-hua will be no concubine. She will be my wife, my empress. I will marry no other; I will have children with no one but Ming-hua," he declared seriously. "I love Ming, and I love my children. I know you are wary, but I will try to be the best husband and father I can be." Ling still wasn't certain how to raise a child, but he did know he would do the exact opposite of everything his father before him did. "Do I have your blessing to marry your daughter?" he questioned hopefully.

=#3B3131 Greed

Cosmic Gatekeeper

User ImageUser Image
                                              Amelia winced slightly as those strong arms wrapped around her. Her muscles were still sore from the viral infection. Still, the warmth of those arms was worth any discomfort. Pushing down on the button, she rose the head of the hospital bed up so that she could sit up. Empathetic sadness shimmered in those tired, green eyes. Amy knew exactly how it felt to sit in that chair, waiting for news, any news. She'd done it herself when Jean caught Scarlet Fever. "I'm sorry.." she muttered. Her eyes slipped shut as his lips brushed against hers. She was far too exhausted to remember to worry about anyone seeing. "Careful," she warned. "I don't know if I'm still contagious, and you definitely don't want whatever I have have," she sighed. A small smile quirked at her lips as the tips of their noses brushed together. "Hey.. I'm not going anywhere," she promised. "I've got to uphold my promise to get you walking first."

Green eyes blinked as his hand rested on her stomach. The anesthetic from surgery still had her groggy; their newest problem had slipped her mind. Her mouth tugged down in a frown, thinking Jean was concerned about her figure. "I'm just bloated from fluids." Her eyes widened, staring at him in shock over the real reason he was worried. "I'm what?" she croaked, throat still raw. Her hands moved over her stomach. Eleven weeks? "Oh, yeah.. One of the Horsemen, Famine, mentioned it.." she recalled. "I didn't know before today.."

Her head rolled, staring up at the ceiling. What did she want to do? Eleven weeks.. She was still in her first trimester, but she didn't want to go to any back alley doctor. Giving the baby up for adoption was an option, but.. what if this was her only shot at a child? Amelia had always wanted to be a mother, but there was never time, or she couldn't find the right man. Excuses, excuses. Having a child out of wedlock wasn't conventional, but she'd never been one to stick to the status quo. What would her co-workers think? As long as they didn't know who the father was, it wouldn't really matter what they thought, would it? Maybe she could hide it? She had a dancer's body, so maybe she wouldn't get too big? But if Jean knew, that meant some staff had to know, and that gossip was bound to get out. Oh, god, did Cece and Nadia already know? How were they going to react? Maybe now she could finally trust them with the details of her secret relationship. Would they forgive her for lying to them?

"I.." Her gaze flickered to her boyfriend. "I want to keep it," she decided, looking down at her stomach. "If you don't want to raise it, I understand. This wasn't something either of us planned, but I want to keep it. I can take care of it myself." Parker had a job that paid well; she could manage on her own. She wasn't going to force Jean into fatherhood if that wasn't something he was ready for, but she wanted this baby. "So, I guess the question now is where do you want to go from here..?" she asked warily, chewing on her chapped lip. She loved Jean, but if he wanted absolutely nothing to do with the baby, where would that leave them?

Dapper Wife

User ImageUser Image
                                                  tab He should have known better than to kiss her in the hospital where all of her coworkers might be able to see them, but Havoc honestly didn't care at the moment. He had nearly lost not only Amy, but their child as well. If she needed to work someplace else he would find her another job. The risks were definitely worth it in his humble opinion. He pulled away, frowning when she told him to be careful. "The doctor said you were fine, but i'll be careful." He didn't want whatever she got, but if he could take it away from her he sure as hell would. She wasn't going anywhere, and at the end of the day that was all that mattered.

Havoc allowed her to process the news he had just given her. She was probably groggy from the surgery. He gave her a sympathetic smile when it took a moment. "You're pregnant..." He handed her the file that Cece had given to him. His gaze hardened. So, this was the horsemen they were dealing with, and even they could sense she was with child. "How many of them did you run into? Was it just one?" He figured they had something to do with this outbreak, but now it was confirmed. The war was just beginning, it seemed. He made a mental note to tell Mustang later.

It was a lot to take in and make a decision for. If it took weeks, months, days, he would wait. It was her body, so he thought it only right that Amelia decide what she wanted to do. His gaze shifted to the closed door. Her coworkers would eventually find out she was pregnant, but they didn't have to know who the father was. Well, Cece already knew, and he was pretty sure they she would tell Amy's other good friend. He only hoped the girls kept their mouths shut.

His gaze shifted back when Amy finally spoke up again. Blue eyes softened as he squeezed her hand. "Thank goodness..." He had been hoping she would keep the baby. He stared at her in surprise. Now, this was a very serious situation, and by no means should he have started laughing, but Havoc couldn't help it. He clutched his stomach, wiping stray tears from his eyes before he shook his head. "Are you kidding me? Of course i'm going to help you raise it! I wouldn't miss that for the world!" But then it was starting to dawn on him. He was going to be a father....A father who couldn't walk. "I just hope they're okay with having me as a father." He wouldn't wish a cripple like him onto anyone.

She had a point, where did this leave them? He cupped his chin; a blush creeping on his cheeks. "Well...I was hoping for a few more romantic escapades, but I think we should get married. Not now of course, but I had been thinking about it for a while..." Maybe it was too forward. Maybe he should have waited, but she was going to have his child, and he wanted to start a family with her. After almost losing her, Havoc realized he couldn't stand a life without her. He took her hand, kissing her knuckles. "I have to find a ring first, and of course get your father's blessing, but if you would have me, I would love to be your husband." He murmured before leaning down and placing a sweet kiss on her lips.

User Image

[[ooc; ]]

Dapper Wife

User Image
                        User Image

tab Ming couldn't help but smile when Ling adamantly denied her leaving the court. He had a point, she would soon be his wife so she didn't need to worry about what the court thought. They would have to suck up whatever decision they made considering she had the heirs of the throne in her womb. "I know, but we'll play it by ear. I don't want to force myself and end up exhausted while carrying the twins." She had to think of what was best for them. Already Ming could feel herself drained of energy most days, but she wasn't sure if that was the babies or her own growing depression and anxiety.

Oh right, she completely forgot to tell him about the doctor's appointment. "I went and saw a doctor outside of the palace walls. He made sure that the twins weren't injured. So far everything looks good." She informed him, though she wanted an honest opinion from her mother. The babies were safe from what she was told though, so that was all that mattered. "Sorry, I should have said something sooner." She hugged him tightly before kissing his cheek.

Now that everything else was settled, it was time to finally break the news to her family. Ming gulped; her body visibly shaking. Worried wasn't the right term she would use. Terrified was better. Her mother had high expectations, and her daughter getting pregnant before marriage didn't fit into that. Her mother seemed less than amused with his attitude, and Ming was instantly frowning.

For a moment, Lady Zhang seemed unreadable. All three of her children watched her apprehensively. Her brothers seemed okay with the prospect of Ming-hua marrying Ling, so long as she was his only wife, though the eldest of the twins was still wary. It wasn't that he didn't trust the emperor; he simply didn't know much about him, or how his little sister even managed to charm the man to fall in love with her.

Ming held her breath; golden eyes looking at her mother expectantly. Lady Zhang cupped her chin, eyeing the two for a moment. "You do not have my blessing. You are the last person I would ever want my daughter to marry." Her response caught Ming off guard. Did she hear her mother correctly? She knew her mother disliked royalty, but to this degree? "Mother!" She was shocked, appalled, angry. This wasn't fair! The color drained from her face when Lady Zhang sent her a rather nasty glare. "Must I repeat myself again? I said no. Now if you'll excuse me I have more important matters to attend to." She left her office, leaving Ming; her two brothers, and Ling to stand there in shock.

"Don't take it personally, mom hated your dad too. If anything, you have my blessing. Can't say you have Song-Bo's though." The younger twin, Dai-Chin finally spoke up. He was more than happy to walk over and clap Ling on the back. "Congratulations on being a father! Can I call you my brother, or is that too forward?" Leave it to Dai-chin to always clear the tension. Song-bo on the other hand was worried. He had practically help raise Ming, and quite honestly, he could understand where his mother was coming from. "While i'm sure you do love our sister, I have to agree with my mother on this one. I haven't seen you much with my sister to know if you really mean it, so, I can't really give my blessing either." He gave an apologetic shrug.

Ming pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. "I don't need your blessing or moms." She hissed, though it was tradition, and the last thing she wanted to do was break her mother's heart over a man. "I love him dearly Song-bo, and I want mom to realize that too." She hugged Ling tightly, burying her face against his side. "I want to spend the rest of my life with him. You know that feeling." Song-bo knew it all too well considering he had a family of his own. "I stand by what I said, but if you guys need help raising those babies, i'll be more than happy to help." He at least had some experience. His daughter would certainly be happy to get some cousins.

Ming sighed, watching as her brother's said their goodbyes, leaving her and Ling alone. "So...That didn't go as intended, but that's okay. We'll figure something out." Honestly, that was the least of their worries. "When do you plan to tell the court?" That was the next step they needed to take. Just thinking about it was giving her a headache.

User Image
                                                                        [[ooc;; ]]

Cosmic Gatekeeper

User Image

xxxxxxxx( ⋮▊ it ain`t hard to holdxxxwhen it shines like goldxxxyou`ll remember me.

User Image
                                                        The emperor nodded, "Whatever you need. If you need to scale back or take a leave, we'll find someone to pick up your duties." So long as it was for the sake of her and their unborn children's health rather than backwards thinking that a woman was incapable of working while pregnant. "I'll need your help picking out an aide." If they were going to be taking over Ming's responsibilities, it would need to be someone she could rely on and trust.

A small smile wormed its way up, rubbing her back as she embraced him. All that mattered was that the babies were well. Even if his lover was going to give him a heart attack at a young age. "It's okay." His hands moved up to her shoulders, pulling back slightly so that he could look at her. "Just don't forget I'm here for you, okay?" Ming-hua was so strong, sometimes stubbornly so, but he was her partner.

---

It was in this moment that Ling was slightly relieved he didn't have much family to worry about breaking the news of an accidental pregnancy too. His father could care less. Mei and Greed already knew, and Mei was just excited about the prospect of cute babies to play with, too young to truly understand the issues. The closest thing he had to family was Lan Fan, and the most he was worried about from his bodyguard was a lecture about being responsible. The fact that Ming-hua looked visibly terrified was doing nothing to calm his nerves.

While it was clear her mother was pretty pissed, especially at him, Ling hadn't expected a flat out denial of a blessing. His shoulders visibly dropped, shock coloring his face. The last person? That was a little harsh.. Didn't every mother want their daughter to marry someone successful who could provide for them? What was more successful than a freaking emperor? The woman retreated to her office. What were they supposed to do now? Ming's best protection was if they got married, but not just that, Ling just genuinely wanted her as his wife because he loved her.

His brows furrowed. Somehow, no, it did not make him feel better that Lady Zhang hated Lord Zhang because Ming's father was terrible in his opinion. His tension relaxed some hearing that they at least had Dai-Chin's approval. He smiled towards the younger twin. "I'd be honored to call you brother." That smile slightly faded when Song-Bo voiced that he, too, could not offer his blessings. However, at least the reasons why were reasonable. He hadn't been close with Ming-hua before they traveled to Amestris. Their relationship blossomed all out of view of her family. He could understand why her brother was apprehensive when he only knew Ling as emperor and not as Ming's partner. The young lord nodded, "I understand. I hope you'll give me a chance to prove my intentions are honorable and that I truly do love Ming-hua." He bowed in respect to the eldest.

He turned to his girlfriend after her brothers departed. He nodded, offering her a reassuring smile. "We will. They just need to get to know the real me. Let's invite them to tea in a few days." That would give them time to digest the news, and hopefully, give him a chance to talk to them without anger and shock clouding their judgement. His fingers ran through his hair. That was a good question. "Well.." he sighed. "I was hoping to announce the pregnancy and betrothal at the same time, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen soon." And the last thing he wanted to do was incur more of her mother's wrath by announcing an engagement anyways. "We can only keep it secret so long before you start showing." With twins, that was only going to be even sooner. "And I think it's in our best interest to reveal it ourselves rather than it coming out anyways via rumors." There would still be those upset they were conceived outside of marriage with a court lady, but more reactions would be favorable if they came out ahead of it, showing it was something to celebrate and not something they were trying to hide. "I'll announce it tomorrow, if you're okay with that?" He knew she must be emotionally exhausted after dealing with her mother today. He didn't want to pile too much stress on her at once. "Since I can't announce the marriage, the clans will likely start trying to arrange marriages," he sighed. "I'll just have to keep stalling them." But the pressure would be risen now since he'd already gotten one woman pregnant. His hands clasped her, peering into vibrant, amber hues. "Never forget I am only your's," he reassured.

=#3B3131 Greed

Cosmic Gatekeeper

User ImageUser Image
                                              Amelia shook her head. "Two, Famine and Pestilence. I think Famine was behind those zombies. He can.. eat souls or something." A shiver ran down her spine just talking about it. Her hand shifted to protectively cover her stomach. One Horseman alone possessed terrifying amounts of power; how were they going to take out all four? They would definitely need to devise a plan to take them out one by one. But first, they would need to get rid of the Homunculi. At least they knew how to kill them. The biggest obstacle would just be luring them out.

One problem at a time, and for right now, that was dealing with her unexpected pregnancy. It was almost funny having such an ordinary issue on her plate when she'd been so caught up in trying to save the world. Now it was her turn to stare at the soldier in shock when he started laughing. Well, that wasn't the reaction she was expecting. A smile broke across her face. Jean wanted it?

"Of course they would be!" she immediately interjected. She brought his hands up to her lips, pressing gentle kisses onto the back of them. "You're going to be a wonderful father whether you can walk yet or not." That much she was sure of.

Her mouth opened to object because she didn't want to get married just because she'd gotten knocked up, but the words died as soon as he went on. He'd been thinking about getting married..? Tears shimmered in those emerald hues before they fluttered shut, smiling wide against his lips. The redhead nodded, murmuring against the kiss, "Of course I want to marry you!" To think.. After Carter, she wasn't sure she'd find love again, much less someone she'd be willing to marry, and now, here she was: soon to be engaged and starting a family. And she couldn't be happier.

Green eyes widened in surprise when her father walked in. "Dad.." She guessed her condition had been bad enough that they called her family just in case. Amelia's face paled slightly. Oh, god, did he know that she was pregnant? Had she escaped the clutch of death only to sacrifice her boyfriend to her father's wrath? But instead of the anger and shouting she was expecting, her father walked over and pulled her into a tight hug. "I thought I was going to lose you." His voice was muffled into her hair. "I'm sorry.." she murmured. The man pulled back, sniffling, clearly holding back tears. "And now I find out your pregnant? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" Amy bit her lip, turning her gaze down. "I'm going to be a grandpa," he stated in disbelief, carding his fingers through his hair. Her gaze cautiously flitted back up. A smile tugged at his lips. He wasn't mad? Benjamin laid his hand on Havoc's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. "Congratulations." What, no threats? No intimidation? So, maybe her dad really was coming around to Jean!

---

As much as he wanted to stay, Benjamin had to go back to Bellac. Things in the hospital had returned to normal with the exception of the latest hot gossip: Dr. Parker was pregnant out of wedlock. Amelia wanted to strangle whoever leaked it. Mostly because everyone kept coming around, judging her for being back at work already, lecturing that she should be taking it easy as if she didn't know her own limits. Well, okay, she had repeatedly ignored them before, working herself into unhealthy exhaustion, but she already knew she shouldn't do that anymore even before she got pregnant. Though, a plus was that Jones had been avoiding her. And another unexpected plus was that Cecelia and Nadia had figured out who the baby's father was. She thought they'd be disappointed or angry that she'd kept it secret. And while they were annoyed she hadn't known that of course she could trust them, they were understanding. Actually, they were rather unsurprised as they had their suspicions, but they hadn't anticipated the relationship growing so serious knowing how afraid of commitment Amelia had been. They swore they wouldn't tell a soul.

"If I were you, I'd be milking the hell out of nearly dying and being pregnant. You should be on vacation, relaxing," Cece said, munching on a carrot stick she'd stolen from Parker's lunch. "I can't go on vacation, I'm busy," she huffed. "You could treat baby daddy on vacation," Nadia said. "I have other other patients besides Jean," she snapped. Cece clucked her tongue, "The other nurses were right. You are bitchy today." Parker pointed a glare at her friends. "I'm not bitchy. The doctor said I have to cut back on coffee now," she grumbled. "I can only have one cup! One cup! she bemoaned. The nurse shrugged her shoulders. "You have an unhealthy dependency on caffeine. This is a probably a good thing." Cordial earned herself another glare. "You just lost your food privileges," she said as she pulled her lunch away from the nurse. "Besides, I'm eating for two now."

But if there was one thing that cheered her up, it was seeing her boyfriend. Amy's face lit up as he rolled in. "That time already?" Nadia sighed, knowing she'd have to have to get back to work now. "Good luck, Havoc. Your baby momma is going through caffeine withdrawals," Cece snickered as they walked out. Parker rolled her eyes.

"Let's go. I wanted to do a revaluation today to see where we're at." The doctor let him to the same examination room where they first met. She lowered the table, waiting for him to get settled. Parker went through the routine of testing his reflexes. "Who'd have thought we'd wind up here when Jones tossed off your case on me?" she mused. Her past self probably would have been appalled if she knew she was going to get knocked up by her patient. But really, she should have known she was doomed the moment she saw those glorious muscles. His legs still didn't respond when she tapped on his knee with the hammer, but she expected that. "Go ahead and lay down now." She ran her pen over the bottom of his foot. The toes twitched ever so slightly. A small gasp escaped, eyes widening. "Jean..!" Excitement was coursing through her."Sit up! Watch this!" Parker repeated the test, his toes twitching again. "Hold on, let's try this." The doctor got a pin. Pricking the middle bottom of the same foot, her eyes darted up to gauge his reaction. Never had she been so happy to see him slightly wince. "Your regaining feeling..!" Tears of pure joy started swimming in her eyes. Jean was progressing with progressing with his treatment, her treatment plan! All those years of being talked down to and doubted, this moment was pure vindication that she knew what she was talking about, that she wasn't just all talk when she said she was the best.

Dapper Wife

User ImageUser Image
                                                  tab Amelia was braver than he gave her credit for. She faced not one, but two of the horsemen on her own. Thank goodness she was okay. It made him wonder, how did they sneak into the hospital so easily? "That um, that's different." Great, so they had one that could eat souls and make zombies. What else should they add to the list of ridiculously strong abilities?

Right now though, the horseman weren't his priority. His priority was Amelia and their unborn child. Havoc's gaze softened before he took her hand. He kissed her knuckles. She wanted to marry him. She thought he would be a good father. His heart swelled with pride. She was his everything, and hopefully soon he would be able to call her his wife.

Havoc wheeled to the side and saluted to Benjamin when he walked in. All he could do was watch the two as they embraced. He was waiting for Amelia's father to yell at him or tell him that he was never allowed to see her again. None of that happened. Instead he gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze and a congratulation. "Thank you sir. I'll protect them both with my life." There was raw sincerity in those dark blue eyes.

----

And just like that things were back to normal, er, as normal as it could get. Mustang wouldn't let him hear the end of it. Havoc was starting to get a headache with all innuendos. "So, your doctors visits weren't really visits were they? You took private appointments to a whole new level." The former soldier could only sigh. He took out a cigarette to light it only to have Hawkeye smack it out of his hand. "You need to quit that nasty habit. It's not good for anyone, especially a child." She shook her head before aiming a glare at her snickering colonel. "As for you, leave Havoc alone. He deserves all the happiness in the world. We should be thankful Amelia agreed to be with him." Mustang muttered something under his breath before looking away. "In all seriousness, congratulations Jean. We'll be here if you need any help." Riza smiled kindly towards him. Ah, what would he do without her?

As much as he wanted to sit and chat it was time he saw his girlfriend and get his lessons over with. As of late he had been trying harder than normal. His goal was to walk before the baby was born. Whether that was possible or not was up for debate, but he had faith in himself and Amelia.

Jean gave the nurses an apologetic grin as he wheeled in. "Sorry girls, i'll give her back to you shortly." He rose an eyebrow towards his pregnant girlfriend. "Is that right? Can you not have tea?" It may not have as much caffeine as coffee but maybe that would help?

"Uh, okay." For some reason he wasn't looking forward to a revaluation. Huh, time sure flew. Who would have thought they'd be back in the same room they first met. He slowly hefted himself onto the examining table. He watched as she worked, a smile tugging at his lips. "Right? I should thank Mustang for insisting someone sees me." In a way, without his persistence he would have never met Amelia.

Just as before, nothing happened when she tapped his knees. "Yes ma'am." He laid down as he was told, his arms crossed over his chest. He barely felt a touch against his foot, causing his toe to twitch slightly. It was an almost itching sensation, but it was so foreign to him after years of being unable to walk. "Hm? What is it?" Must have been something good with the way her voice pitched higher in excitement. He sat up, watching her movements.

Blue eyes widened. Wait, did his toes twitch? Did they actually move? Havoc was rendered speechless. Wary eyes watched as she grabbed a pin. "What are you doing wi-," Before he could finish his sentence she pricked him. He winced at the slight pinch of pain.

He was in pain....He could feel again! He could feel pain! He looked like a lost puppy for a moment as he stared at Amelia. Jean was so caught up in the moment he didn't even realize he was crying. She did it. She was slowly but surely fixing him. He could feel something! He pulled her close, hugging her tightly with his face pressed against her stomach. "Thank you..." Was all he could murmur, his body shaking as he tried so hard not to cry.

User Image

[[ooc; ]]

Dapper Wife

User Image
                        User Image

tab She would make the decision in a week or so. For now she wanted to see just how much she could handle. Finding someone to step in would be the major problem. It would be hard to find someone who wasn't as backwards thinking as the rest of the court. Maybe they should search outside the palace walls? She had heard of bright minds among the regular citizens. It was about time they had those of lower class serving in the court. "Of course, actually, I have an idea about finding a replacement, but we'll talk about that later."

Ling was right, she could always rely on him. For so long she had only relied on herself. It seemed strange to rely on someone else but Ling had helped with everything. He was the strength she never thought she needed until now. "I won't forget, I promise."

-----

Suffice to say, Ming was shocked by her mother's answer. Her mother had always wanted the best for her. How could one best an emperor? But apparently he wasn't good enough as a person. Ming knew her mother was not fond of the royal family, but she didn't think her hatred stemmed this far.

Leave it to Dai-Chin to ease the tension in the room. She could always rely on the youngest twin to make things better. Song-Bo on the other hand was not convinced. Of course, he didn't know Ling so he couldn't really say what was right or wrong. The eldest was a bit surprised by the sudden show of respect from the emperor. He bowed his head in acceptance and respect of Ling's words.

Right, they just needed to know Ling a little more. Hopefully her mother would change her mind in due time. "That sounds like a great idea." Still, she was worried. She placed a protective hand on her stomach. It was about time they told the court what happened. They would find out one way or another. "I'm okay with that." A frown formed on her fair features. The thought of women shoving themselves at her emperor did not sit well with her. So much so that she hugged Ling protectively without even thinking about it. "I know. I'll chase those whores away if I have to." She huffed. She wasn't mad at him, no, but at the court who insisted he impregnate as many women as he could.

-----

The next day Ming-hua stood by Ling's side as he announced her pregnancy. The court, as they had both predicted were both elated and concerned. "Due to having twins I will be taking a break from the court within the coming weeks. His majesty and myself will find a suitable replacement until I can return." She informed the court who scoffed. A pout formed on her lips. Even now they looked down on her. The bastards.

The clans on the other hand were extremely happy with the news. The moment they stepped away, the heads were making their way to Ling to give off their daughters. It took all of her power to cling to him so she wouldn't be pushed aside. Amber eyes honed in on one daughter in particular that walked up with her father. Qiaolian had always been a thorn in her side. The eldest daughter of the Wu clan had been a rival of hers since they were children. She was always more elegant, more beautiful, and more womanly than Ming. Where Ming failed in calligraphy, music, and the arts, Qiaolian shown. Times had changed though, and Ming no longer felt inferior, but that didn't stop her from growing jealous as the woman approached Ling.

She exuded feminine grace. With long silky black hair, beautiful doe eyes, a slender figure, and donning a dress that hugged her curves in a way that made her look like a goddess. She moved so she was standing in front of Ling, almost pushing Ming out of the way with her hips. "I look forward to serving your highness with all of my being." Ming felt her blood pressure rising when the ******** snake placed her manicured hand on her man's chest. That little b***h! Ming crossed her arms over her chest, huffing.

The woman looked her up and down and had the ******** balls to look unimpressed. "I assure you our children will be beautiful and powerful. The strongest heirs only second to you." She was pushing her weight on his majesty. Ming-Hua bit her tongue but the wave of anger that flew off of her was enough to garner the courtesan's attention.

"Ah, Ming-hua is that you? You're so little I almost didn't see you." ******** b***h. Go choke on a court elder's d**k. "I suppose baby faced charm is enticing in a foreign land. Don't worry, i'll make sure you aren't at the bottom of the harem list." Ming felt her right eyebrow twitch. That was it, time to take out the trash.

Ming-hua stepped forward and held Ling's hand. She made a mental note to keep her temper at bay. It's what always got her in trouble, now was not the time to let it go wild. "Thank you for the sentiment Qiaolian. I know it must be frustrating for you, knowing that I took his majesty's virginity and enraptured his heart before you can get your little snake hands all over him." Ming's smile was brighter than it should have been. Was she adding insult to injury? Maybe. "It's very cute that you think you'll be head of the harem. You see, I don't plan on giving up his majesty's favor. I will be not only his favorite mistress, but his empress. Maybe not now but one day. Besides, his majesty doesn't even know you."

Those amber eyes moved to the rest of the clan leaders who had hushed upon hearing the cat fight. "Let this be a warning to you and anyone else who wishes to sleep with the emperor. He will turn you away, he won't even give you a passing glance and do you know why? Because you're all just a face and a blank name that your leaders pushed upon his majesty. If you got to know him, to actually love him, then maybe you'd stand a chance, but until then he is mine and mine alone." She was bitter and jealous because Ling was hers and she wasn't about to let some pretty faced bimbo take that away.

User Image
                                                                        [[ooc;; ]]

Cosmic Gatekeeper

User Image

User Image
                                                        The emperor sat at the head of the table, his favorite court lady sitting in the next seat over. The meeting had just concluded. Ling was happy his decrees were being seen through. The nobles weren't exactly thrilled with these handouts to the poor, but a government's power lay in the hands of its citizens even in a monarchy. Zhang's greed nearly sparked a revolution. The common man rose up when his family went hungry while the rich continued to live in luxury by stealing money out of the lower classes' pockets. They were lucky the people's anger was quelled with food and a bit of money back in their pockets. This step was restoring their citizens' trust in their officials. Those responsible were swiftly tried for their treason; their mansions traded for jail cells. Ling would ensure this would not happen again.

The young lord stood. "I have one last announcement to make." He nodded towards his court lady to stand by his side. Taking her hand, he gave it a gentle squeeze, offering her a light, reassuring smile. "Lady Ming-hua is carrying my children."

"Ch-Children?!" a lord exclaimed. An excited grin spread over their emperor's face as he clarified, "Twins!" The reactions were mixed as expected. About half were thrilled their lord was finally siring heirs to the throne. The kingdom was in dire need of good news. Promising crop development and a new generation of royals would lift their people's spirits. Others, however, worried what these bastards would mean. Would Ling accept them and set them in line for the throne or would they merely lead lives as lords and ladies. Did he have plans to make the young Lady Zhang his bride or merely a mistress? Would he soon be looking for wives from the clans? The young lord was nothing like the emperor before him; it was impossible to predict his actions. A few looked to be scheming how to turn this news in their favor.

A frown tugged on his lips at the court's reaction to Ming's temporary leave from her duties, but he held his tongue despite how much he wanted to admonish them. Many of the elders had protested against a woman joining his board for this very reason, yet no one complained when they had to rest when they fell ill.

The heads of the clans surrounded him like sharks in water. Each was eager to offer their daughters to the emperor despite how many times Ling had expressed that he had no desire for multiple wives. Somehow, they just took that as an excuse to try harder. A pressed smile sat on his face, trying his best to remain to polite as to not offend the heads. Surely these women had other desires in life besides marrying a man who would sire a child with them then ignore them for the rest of their lives which was many the case for the majority of wives of the late emperor and the emperor before him and so on. Only the favorites were treated well. His father would rather spoil his mistresses than the mothers of his children. However, one seemed set to prove him wrong. The woman was conventionally pretty, but beyond that, that's all she seemed to be. "The palace appreciates your service." His painted on smile faltered when she put his hand on his chest. The emperor stepped back, she stepped forward. Hold on, she was skipping straight to having children? He didn't even know her name. "I'm not interested in having any more children at the moment." Not with her. Not with anyone but Ming. The woman was leaning against him. Ling took a larger step back. The woman nearly stumbled off balance, and he had to bite his tongue from laughing at her expense.

Now she was talking about a harem. In what way did 'I don't want over a hundred wives' mean 'I want a harem'? The tension in his shoulders relaxed some as Ming took his hand. "You'll be my only," he assured cheerfully, not even paying a second glance to the offense coloring Qiaolian's face. The young lord scratched the side of his head. "I didn't even know your name before Ming said it," he admitted bluntly. He doubt he'd be committing it to memory.

In this moment, Ling couldn't possible adore his fiery court lady more. He knew how hard it must be to love an emperor where tradition expected him to produce an heir with each clan. But he couldn't make it any clearer that he wasn't focused on tradition above progress. His heart would always be Ming's and Ming's alone. All these women didn't stand a chance no matter how beautiful; he only had eyes for his flower, Ming-hua. "You heard her." The clans were left grumbling. The sooner they accepted his wishes, the better off they'd all be.

Hand in hand, the couple walked out of the main hall. Slipping behind her as they stepped into the gardens, his face nestled into her neck, his hands resting on her stomach. "You are the only one I desire," he murmured against the shell of her ear. "The only one I want, the only one I need," he assured. "None of them hold a candle compared to my beautiful flower." Because she was right. Ming-hua was the only one who made an effort to get to know the man behind the crown. She loved him as a person, not a title. And he adored her for so much more than her pretty looks. That beautiful brain, that fiery temper, that mischievous nature were all things he treasured.

---

"Welcome. Please, sit," he insisted, greeting the Zhang family. Ling was determined to impress her mother. He'd arranged for the kitchens to use their finest china, their prized tea, and their most delicious of delicacies. If Lady Zhang doubted his ability to provide for her daughter, let her feast on the best the palace had to offer to assure herself. He offered Lady Zhang the honor of sitting at the head of the table. He took his seat on the plush, silk pillows. "How have you been?" Ling listened to her brothers talk about what they had been up to. The twins were curious to hear how Ling and Ming's relationship developed. A bashful smile tugged on his lips, rubbing the back of his neck. "I certainly hadn't planned on falling for your sister on our trip to Amestris. I had selected her to attend because of her fresh and unique positions on matters to help navigate negotiations." She had never been invited to entertain his majesty. "She wound up joining me on some of my, uh, excursions.." That was a better way to phrase sneaking out. "I found she was not only brilliant, but she was funny, passionate, and she truly saw the man I was instead of the title I carried. She was my best friend, and I couldn't help but fall for her. Luckily for me, she felt the same." His hand rested on top of hers. "She makes me a better man and a better leader. I didn't mean to get her pregnant, but I am happy all the same," he said honestly. "I know she'll be a wonderful mother. I just hope I can be a father she and my children can be proud of."

Servants poured out tea into the cups and laid out finger foods. "Thank you," he nodded. As a prince from the Yao clan, he had grown up more privileged than other families, but that didn't mean he didn't know how to appreciate workers. Cradling the cup in his hands, he began to lift the steaming tea to his lips but Ming stopped him. Dark brown eyes blinked, cocking his head to the side in confusion. "Is something wrong?"

=#3B3131 Greed

Cosmic Gatekeeper

User ImageUser Image
                                              The doctor clucked her tongue. "It's not the same." But maybe it would help to take at least some of the edge off. "But I'll try it," she sighed. Tea was probably a little healthier than coffee too. Now that she was with child, she needed to be more cautious about what she put into her body. This was going to be a long seven months.

Parker made a face. "His ego is big enough." Yes, it was true Roy's pushing brought them into each other's lives. The colonel probably had a hand in encouraging the both of them to cross lines she never would have considered stepping over before. But did the want to listen to that man gloating for the rest of their lives? No. No, she did not. "I'm already imaging the wedding toast," she groaned. "Bet you 2,000 Cenz he mentions himself more than both of us combined." And yet, that man would probably wind up being the godfather to their child. Because for all they liked to rip on him, he was an important part of the group's lives in one way or another.

This was everything she had hoped for, that she had believed in. Jean was regaining feeling. Only a small fraction, and walking was still a long ways ahead, but this meant the severed nerve connections were reworking new routes. Parker had always promised her patient he could walk again, and now the path toward that goal was becoming clearer.

Fingertips gently brushed the tears off his cheeks. He wasn't the only one getting emotional. As a doctor, she couldn't be prouder, and as a partner, she couldn't be happier. This was everything he deserved, and she was so glad she was the one to give it to him. "Thank you!" she laughed. This was going to be a defining moment in her career, and it was all due to him agreeing to let some spunky physical therapist who talked about feelings not numbers take a shot after so many let him down. Her fingers gently brushed through his blond locks. "It's okay, let it out," she murmured. This reaction was only natural. After he'd been on the brink of losing all hope after a string of failure and denials, to finally get some solid proof that he could walk again was bound to be overwhelming.

---

Mustang had received a call from Ling urging the group to come to Xing to discuss an important matter too vital to discuss over the phone. Since the emperor spent so long in Amestris, it was only fair they make a trip up to Xing. Not that anybody was really complaining about a vacation to another country. All Edward could grumble about was having to see Ling again when they just got rid of him, but he and his brother were both eager to explore Xing and learn more about Alkahestry. Though she was being whisked away by on another trip, she, too, was looking forward to it. What better place to hone her Alkahestry than in the place of origin? Not to mention the fact that she had been stressing how to approach doctor's appointments. Of course she wanted Jean involved if he wanted to be, but the doctors in Central knew the staff at the hospital. For now, she wouldn't have to worry about it in another country, but she'd have to figure something out when they got back. Perhaps they would just take trips back East or South to visit their parents and schedule appointments around that.

A couple weeks later of passage by train, sea, and caravan, they had finally arrived in Xing's capital. "Ming!" The Amestrian rushed over to embrace her friend. "Gosh, you're really growing!" she laughed, placing a hand on the younger woman's belly. "By the way, I need a recommendation for a good doctor here." A sheepish smile sat on her face as she explained. "You aren't the only one with a bun in the oven." Her hand rested on her stomach. It wasn't noticeable through her clothes, but she was developing a small bump.

Though they were here on business, there was still room for pleasure, and Ling was eager to give them a tour of the capital.

Dapper Wife

User ImageUser Image
                                                  tab While it wasn't the same it was a better option than coffee. Though it would require a lot of sugar if she wasn't used to the strong taste of tea leaves.

The conversation moved to Mustang. All Havoc could do was let out a small sigh. She had a point, the colonel had a giant head. Probably bigger than all the world leaders combined. That being said he did play a huge hand in their relationship, whether he realized it or not. Havoc's right eyebrow twitched just imagining the damn speech at their wedding. "Guess i'll pay up now." He joked. There was no doubt in his mind that Mustang would talk more about himself. Still, as much as he bitched he knew at the end of the day Mustang would be their child's godfather. He wouldn't trust anyone else to take care of his kid.

Amelia had changed everything. For so long Havoc had accepted the fact that he would never walk again. Time and time again doctor's tried to get his hopes up only to lead him down a deeper path of disappointment. When he met Amelia he told himself he wouldn't get his hopes up, that this would just be another failure. But for the first time in years he had hope. She was slowly but surely going to fix him in more ways than one.

----

Ling called Mustang and the others, urging them to come to Xing to discuss their next plan of action. With the way things were looking, he couldn't come back to Amestris, not that the Fuhrer would let him. Plus, the people of Xing needed their emperor, which left them with one choice. Go to Xing. Not that Havoc was complaining. A 'vacation' in a foreign country? How could he be mad. Best part was Amy got to go with them!

It took a couple of weeks before they arrived in Xing. Havoc lost track of how many modes of transportation they had taken. When they arrived at the palace they received a warm welcome. Xing was extremely different from Amestris. There were roads and a few cars, but for the most part people walked or were on horseback. There were scattered villages and one large palace where Ling lived. Now that he thought about it, it was similar to Resembool.

The country sure had more to offer than Amestris. There was so much history there he wasn't even sure where to start. Thankfully Amelia did. First they had to see a doctor. They weren't able to do regular check ups back at home, not when so many eyes were watching them. At least here no one could judge the two.

Ming introduced them to her mother who was apparently the head physician of the palace. She was quick to usher the couple inside and do an ultrasound to make sure the child was growing and healthy. His gaze softened as he saw the little heartbeat on the monitor. Everything was fine. They had a very healthy baby.

The first day was spent touring the area and relaxing as they had traveled quite a distance. Apparently they had perfect timing, as a festival was happening. The emperor's close friends were invited to watch a play that would kick off The Night of Sevens Festival, or Qixi as they called it.

Havoc found his gaze softening as he watched the play. A poor cowherd had fallen deeply in love with a star maiden, a goddess who was destined to stay in the heavens. He courted her in earnest and in the end won her affections. An arm wrapped around Amelia, his mind flashing back to the first time he laid eyes on her. A lowly soldier courting a doctor who seemed so out of his reach.

He truly felt for the cowherd as the heavenly goddess forbade their love affair. He felt like he was watching Benjamin's blatant disapproval, but in the end, love won and the star maiden was reunited with her poor cowherd.

"I liked that play, it was almost nostalgic." He joked before pulling Amelia to his side and kissing her temple. "I'm glad you got to come with me. How are you feeling?" His head rested against her stomach for a moment, eyes closing. "Aah I can't wait till you get a little bump~" Now all he had to do was learn to walk and everything would be perfect.

User Image

[[ooc; ]]

Dapper Wife

User Image
                        User Image

tab Ming was extremely pleased with the reaction Qiaolian received. Ling looked almost disgusted that the woman would dare touch him so inappropriately. Served her right. Ming wrapped her arm around Ling's, her body pushing against his side as if to protect him from this woman. That's right, she would be his only empress, his only lover. He wouldn't need or want for anyone else, she would make sure of that.

The two walked through the gardens. Ming's eyes closed for a moment as she soaked in the warmth of the sun. Her body leaned against Ling's, her hands moving to rest on top of his. Cheeks reddened at his sweet words. She looked up at him with a soft gaze. "And you are the only man I will ever love. You have my all, Ling." She gave him a sweet kiss before turning and hugging him tightly. "You know what this means? I can sneak into your bedchambers without getting scolded now." She smirked, eyes gleaming.

----

Ming seemed extremely uncomfortable with the current situation. Ling was pulling out all the stops to impress her mother and yet the court physician looked anything but pleased. The woman actually looked annoyed by the grand gestures. Her brothers on the other hand were happy. Daichin was absolutely thrilled. As far as he was concerned the Zhang family would practically be royalty once his sister married Ling. Songbo had to admit that he was also impressed. The emperor didn't have to treat them and yet here he was, making sure they were all comfortable despite all the trouble they had caused.

The eldest of the twins bowed in thanks to the emperor. "We appreciate your hospital your majesty." Despite the formal setting, the emperor was anything but. He treated them as if they were in the same social status. "I've been good. The past few days have been spent tending to my daughter. I'm sure you've heard a lot about Rushi from Minghua." Songbo had been arranged a marriage, but despite the stigma of it he truly loved his wife, Yuyan, and their daughter Rushi. The child was extremely spoiled from not only her parents but from her aunt and uncle as well. Ming stopped at nothing to make sure she had all the finest dresses and hair accessories.

Daichin shrugged when it was his turn to answer. "Pretty good, trying to get back into the swing of things and clean up father's messes. I've also been trying to court some of the clans women but they all seem interested in only you." He gave a defeated sigh. How in the world was he supposed to compete with the emperor? Out of the five, Lady Zhang was the only one to remain silent.

"But that's not really important. I'm curious, how did our impish sister manage to charm you, your highness?" Daichin questioned before letting out a small grunt as Ming kicked him hard. "Ah yes, i'm rather curious myself." Songbo ducked just in time as her hand aimed at his face. Ming stopped attacking her brothers as Ling began to talk. Her gaze softened, her hand absentmindedly fiddling with his as he spoke.

The twins couldn't help but smile. It was clear their sister was truly happy and in love. And it seemed that the emperor was just as smitten. Lady Zhang couldn't help but frown. While she was happy for her daughter a part of her still didn't trust Ling. He was like any other emperor, wooing others with their power. How did she know he wasn't going to dump Ming the moment he found someone richer or prettier?

"Please, you'll be an amazing father." Ming-hua assured. Servants scurried about to serve tea but something was off. Ming took a look at Ling's for a moment. While she didn't have a sixth sense, her nose was extremely sensitive thanks to her pregnancy. Something smelled....Off. Her sharp gaze moved to her mother who was hiding a smirk behind her teacup.

No...She wouldn't, would she? There was only one way to find out. "Wait." Ming pushed his hand down. "I uh, think it needs more sugar " She grabbed the cup and moved to the kitchen. "You there, did anyone touch the tea before it was served?" She questioned one of the servants. "No my lady. Lady Zhang merely looked around." A frown fell on her lips. So, her mother had poisoned it? Probably, she wouldn't put it past the woman. "Throw this out." The servant threw it out along with the tea pots. Ming came back with fresh tea, handing it to Ling before she moved to lean down near her mother. "If you're going to behave like this then I don't want you at the wedding. I love you mother, truly I do, but I love Ling and wish to spend the rest of my life with him. I suggest you behave before you lose yet another family member." She whispered before sitting back down. Suffice to say the rest of the evening was awkward.

------

Mustang's arrival was like a breath of fresh air. Ming was ecstatic to find that Amy and Havoc came along as well. By now Ming was starting to show. At only five months her stomach was bigger than normal. It looked like someone stuffed a small pillow in her shirt.

She embraced her friend, squeezing Amy tightly. "Amy!! I've missed you so much!" She pulled away, grinning from ear to ear. "Ahaha, yes I would hope so." Eyebrows knitted together. "Why, are you sick?" With the long travel it was to be expected. Well, Amelia wasn't sick per say. "Really?? Congratulations! Oh Amy you'll be an amazing mother!" She motioned for her and Havoc to follow her. "My mother is the head court physician, she'll happily do a check up for you! Oh, that reminds me, guess what? I'm having twins!" That was probably why she was showing more than expected.

After the tour of the palace Ming brought Amy and Havoc to the infirmary. "Mother, this is Amelia and Havoc. They are my best friends from Amestris. Amy's pregnant and needs a check up." Lady Zhang smiled softly at the two before motioning for Amy to sit down. "Congratulations! So you're the Amy my little girl has been talking so much about? I'm glad you made it here safely. I hear you're a fellow physician, and interested in Alkahestry? If you ever want to learn you can always stop by." She set up an ultra sound and began informing Amy that her child was healthy and what to do to keep it that way.

------

The crew was in for a treat. It was time to celebrate the Qixi Festival. It was the equivalent of Valentine's day in Amestris, but deeply rooted in mythology. Personally, it was one Ming's favorite holidays simply because she got to dress up. She greeted Ling in the morning with breakfast she made herself along with his favorite flowers. Once they were all dressed it was time to watch the play.

Afterwards she ushered Hawkeye and Amy to her new bedchambers that now connected to Ling's as she was carrying his children. "It's time to dress you both up in traditional clothing. This is the equivalent to your Valentine's day, but we do things a little different. You see, we are to play the star maiden and we must hide from our lovers and leave little clues until they can find us. So for now i'll dress you both up while you go and think up some clues. We can see the parade from here, but once it's over the boys will have to find us." She informed them while rummaging through her gowns.

User Image
                                                                        [[ooc;; Festival Dress: x ]]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff