Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Eternal Chronicler
Casey got revamped~! >(^-^)>

User Image
"... Always keep your eyes open..."

- RE: Risk -

|Who are you?|

A pair of bright green eyes slid to the side in annoyance as a busy bartender hastily slid him a soda drink, sloshing it over the counter, and, as a consequence, his hands. He grabbed one of the cocktail napkins and wiped the sticky sweet substance off of his skin as best he could.

|Who are you?|

Someone brushed roughly against the youth. He bristled, but refrained from reacting, by gripping the sweaty glass in front of him tightly. He reached up to the dark green headphones that were almost a permanent fixture nowadays and turned the volume up a little more. He didn’t have music playing. He didn’t have the radio on. They were just there to cancel out the cacophony that always surrounded him: people, machines, and his own mind.

|Who are you?|

His peripheral vision caught sight a flame-haired being and he turned his head slightly in curiosity. She was pretty, slim, and - by the looks of it - had a good stage presence. His oversensitive hearing could still pick up what was being said despite the headphones and he caught her name as it was muttered by the patrons as they swarmed towards the bar. Was she interesting?

The crowd suddenly closed in on him, every person vying to get the bartenders’ attention as the call for free drinks spread like ashes in the wind.

Unable to deal with constantly being buffeted, the youth abandoned his stool and slid with fish-like ease towards an open spot by the back exit. He settled down at the table there and nursed his soda with little interest in what was going on around him. As the loud music blared through the club, he turned his headphones up again. Is she interesting?

”They say ’Pain is an illusion’; ’This is just a bruisin’ ’; ’You are just confused’ but
I am only Human…”

Devoted Friend

User ImageUser Image
                                  Beneath the stars, face to face,
                                  I told you I love you, I won't let your heart break...
                                  I'll run to the moon and walk on the sea
                                  I'll start a new world for you and me
                                  Sylvia LaCroix
                                  The Siren
                                  And I'll save you when the sky falls...
                                  So together we can break down the walls...
                                  Now I'm everywhere, you know,
                                  And I'll never let you go.
                                  'Cause I'll save you when the sky falls.
                                  Can you hear the siren call?

Sylvia quickly found herself swarmed, and just as quickly found herself a way to the corner in an isolated table deeper in the shadows from the mislighting that all too frequently plagued the place. From the corner of her eye though, she caught sight of a lone figure also actively keeping away from the crowd. Away, unswayed... Oh, headphones, she mused internally. One of two ways to keep her out of a person's head. "Huh..." She blinked, leaning back for a second before flagging down one of the wandering staff. If anything were to happen...

"Excuse me, sir." One of the more formally-dressed waitresses wandering the crowd pardoned herself as she flagged for the solitary man's attention. "I've been asked to let you know one of our performers has offered for you to take a free drink of your choice at the bar." Then, pointing over to the isolated table, she added. "She is in the corner there, if you'd care to meet her."

Now watch me find a thousand ways
                                  to tell you I love you and we'll be okay...
                                  I'll run to the moon and walk on the sea.
                                  I'll start a new world for you and me.

Orbital Original Cannon
Seems neat. I'm looking forward to it!
The Eternal Chronicler
I have even less of an idea of where this is going than our first round... >.<'

|Be nice.|

Two taps and the volume went down. He turned his head to the waitress, his eyes scanning her darkly painted lips for the words she was saying. He held up his glass in answer to the former part of her question and then turned his head towards the person she motioned to. The red-head… He shrugged and sipped his drink. He was under no obligation to meet anyone in this place. Just to sit and drink in peace. He understood that the waitress was flustered by his disinterested mannerisms, but knowing that fact did not incline him to any further action. He waved her away and turned the volume up on his headphones again, his bright green eyes wandering over to the red-haired entertainer again.

|She’s influential, isn’t she?|

Persuasive. Was it just the fiery look and self-confident manner that allowed her to manipulate such a swarming crowd of bar-goers? Or did she have a more potent ability?

|Be careful.|

He took a deep breath and stood up, lifting his half-empty glass with him. Since she had gone out of her way to send a waitress to him, she might be interested in him. Who knows. Maybe he was interested in her, too. He made his way over to the red-head, turning his headphones down two levels. He stopped at a respectful distance and gave a small wave. Although he did try to look amiable, his expression did not change much from its usual apathetic state.

Devoted Friend

User ImageUser Image
                                  Beneath the stars, face to face,
                                  I told you I love you, I won't let your heart break...
                                  I'll run to the moon and walk on the sea
                                  I'll start a new world for you and me
                                  Sylvia LaCroix
                                  The Siren
                                  And I'll save you when the sky falls...
                                  So together we can break down the walls...
                                  Now I'm everywhere, you know,
                                  And I'll never let you go.
                                  'Cause I'll save you when the sky falls.
                                  Can you hear the siren call?

Sylvia chuckled for a moment at the distance of the young man's approach, but waved him on in a combination of gestures for him to come closer and take a seat opposite her at the table. And still the headphones... but at least she had managed to keep remote from the raving crowd; she was going to have to isolate herself like this more often. Leaning back to regard him for a moment, she let out a rich little laugh. "Not much for conversation, are we?" She blinked, frowning with entirely-false disappointment. "I'd have thought that would defeat the purpose in being here."

Now watch me find a thousand ways
                                  to tell you I love you and we'll be okay...
                                  I'll run to the moon and walk on the sea.
                                  I'll start a new world for you and me.

Orbital Original Cannon
Relax, I've got this (>~.^)>
The Eternal Chronicler
*follows after*

|Fake!|

|It’s normal.|

|Have a seat.|

The young man hesitantly closed the distance between himself and the table and slid himself into the seat opposite of the red-head. He opened his mouth to say something to her argument, but closed it again a moment later. The volume came down a little, but he did not remove his headphones, despite her obvious discomfort with them. It was better this way. Even he knew it clashed oddly with his business attire; the sleek red tie and dark green shirt with well-tailored, darker than black trouser pants. His matching black jacket was in the coatroom, tucked somewhere safely in a corner. At least the headphones meant his usually unruly blond hair was kept from flying all over the place.

He sipped his drink, eyes scanning the red-head’s face carefully, memorizing every bit of the smooth structure, the carefully blended stage make-up, and the brilliant pigmentation of her hair. Natural? Damn, she’s nice to look at.

There was a long pause between them as the young man tried to think of something to say to initiate conversation that would not be too forward, too personal, or too creepy. He could not think of anything good so he opened his mouth and let whatever question came to mind first slip out.

”Why are you buying rounds for everyone?”

|Terrible. But good enough.|

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas