Welcome to Gaia! ::

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
              User Image
                                                            ▕ ▕ ▕ ⋮ SAVE ME FROM THE PART OF M E
                                                                //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Stay Close, Stay Close
                                                                ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔▔ ▔ ▔ ▔▔ ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔ ▔▔ ▔ ▔ ▔▔
                                                            ▌ × C a l l m y N A M E
                                                            ▌ × How could you turn your back on M E
                                                            ▌ × When you know my N A M E
                                                            ▕ ▕ ▕ ⋮ THAT'S BEGGING TOD I E
                                                                //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Stay Close, Stay Close

▕ ▕ ▕ ⋮ T H E X D E P R E S S E D D R A G O N ⋮ ▕ ▕ ▕

Asa had regretted at once not going into the bathroom, but it was quickest to go to the kitchen and not only that, but it was not as close to his room, it wasn’t as personal. This regret only happened to grow as soon as she heard Daichi’s footsteps against the tile behind her and then suddenly the sound of the basket of first aid materials being laid down on the counter.

He wanted to help. Of course he did. If eh didn’t, if she could just walk away, she could walk away and things could be just that much easier. Yet, they weren’t. His words weren’t an offer or a suggestion but had a commanding tone to them, so with a deep breath, she allowed him to remove the bandages and see the cuts. She couldn’t even look at him as he looked at the angry red gashes. Half of the time afterwards she could barely stand herself, she could only imagine how disgusted he must be with her.

Yet, when she felt the extremely gentle touch of him cleaning the wounds, the brush of of the cottom swabs followed by the throbbing pain from the disinfectant, made her heart stop. He… didn’t run. Even when faced with smoething like this, something so difficult like this, he didn’t run.

He even dared to ask her a question, holding her arm with that still ever so gentle grasp, are you ok…? Part of her wanted to respond with sarcasm, part of her wanted to respond honestly, part of her wanted to remain silent, while another one wanted to run.

Luckily, she was honest, she had been doing that a lot lately. Even though she was scared, even though as she looked up from her blood stained shirt and her new bandages , only to look up at the person that she formerly loved, she mustered up the courage to finally admit it. “No. I’m not ok,” She said, her voice trembling. “But… are any of us? Are any of the zodiac? Or even the outsiders/ I know I shouldn’t compare, since we’re always so quick to shut you guys out,” She pulled her arm away and pulled down her sleeve while proceeding to then button it and sigh. “We’ve all got our problems, our secrets, mine is this, and I’m sure you’ve got yours too, Daichi, or I hate to say it, but you’ll develop one witin the next few months, it’s a side effect of the curse. Perhaps it’s a… a reaction? I’m not sure how to explain it.” She sighed and shook her head. “I’m not sure if you not remembering your memories counts since it was my fault…”

There was a moment of awkward silence as she then looked back down at the stain on her shirt. She sighed and motioned towards it with a simple hand gesture. She took a deep breath. “It’s not as bad as it seems. I assure you. I guess the situation that constitutes it is worse than the action itself.” She realized that she was becoming way too complex, especially in her word choice, but Daichi understood philosophy, she was sure he would understand her. “So pleaes, don’t worry about it. I may not be fine today… but I think one day I’ll be fine. “

She bit her lip as she thought. “But maybe it’ll only be fine if we start with first getting rid of these secrets.” Her heart was beating hard again and her hands were starting to tremble a bit. “And you’ve been asking and I’ve been denying you. Maybe if oyu did know, though, you could just avoid him more. The person that hurt you that night… he’s not your average human…”

Asa looked down at the ground and tried to gather the words before out of just pure desperation she reached out and grabbed a hold of Daichi’s sleeve. “Daichi, That person Was Uro-Sama, the god of the Sohma household. You can’t let anyone know that I told you. He’s… he’s the god.” Her voice was quivering as did her hands as she spoke of him, it was obvious how afraid the dragon zodiac was of the god. “He said not to tell you, and his word is absolute. And next time you crossed him he would kill you , and he never jokes around. Please….”

Dapper Raider

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
nothing but a::BYSTANDER nothing but a::BYSTANDER nothing but a::BYSTANDER

✩ ✩ ✩ xxx sohma,DAICHI
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
x WITH asako xxx x MOOD awake; serious xxx x LOCATION at home xxx x CLOTHING sleepwear

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Asako's response was not the pre-scripted response; rather than hide it, she admitted openly that no, she was not alright, despite the delicate waver in her voice.

Silently, Daichi studied her face, as he carefully pulled his hands back toward himself. Despite himself, he gave her a bit of a wry expression as she pointed out that neither the Zodiac nor the Outsiders were fine. At least she was aware that they were always so quick to shove people away.

In response to Asako's words, all Daichi did was grunt. He didn't know what she meant. What reaction? Would this entire ordeal generate another secret, another thing to to hide away and fester in his heart?

"... I’m not sure if you not remembering your memories counts since it was my fault…"

This reminded Daichi of the giant revelation that Asako had just shoved at him, so early in the morning. He felt himself falter, but a moment later the feeling of being completely and utterly disoriented passed - for the moment at least. He wanted to ask more about that, despite the clearly adverse reactions that seemed to come from doing such a thing. He was quickly realizing that this whole ordeal - the fact that his memories had been tampered with - was part of the reason why things seemed to shift in his mind. He held his tongue though, because apart from it perhaps not being the most appropriate moment, Daichi also felt quite certain that if he did, if he tried to press his brain too much,... he would not be able to recover readily.

"... The action still looks pretty bad," he replied eventually, a frown tugging on his lips. It sounded like Asako was trying to pass off the severity of her condition, with her words - Daichi was not convinced though. "One day seems like a pretty vague date." It would be better if the 'alright' came sooner rather than later. Daichi was somewhat surprised with how strongly he felt about that.

"But maybe it’ll only be fine if we start with first getting rid of these secrets."

Clearly everything weighed heavily on Asako - otherwise, she likely wouldn't be so inclined as to continue admitting such heavy information. Daichi felt that sense of tension and unease escalate it's way through his body, as his mind swiftly went onto process that - she was going to tell him. She was actually going to tell him.

'Not your average human', she said. Daichi found it hard to believe, despite the type of situation he - and this whole wretched family lived in. They were crazy, the whole lot of them. He was probably following right in their tracks too.

Things seemed to be going in slow motion for the first few moments. It was then as if someone had flipped a switch though, because Asako grabbed him by the sleeve and blurted out the name of ... well, his assailant.

Sohma, Urochi.

Despite himself, Daichi felt a biting chill course through him. That - same sense of strange fear.

"Stay away from her -

... You may think that you have the power to change things, but you are sorely mistaken, boy."

"The Zodiac and .... ..... are mine. I am the God. I will not allow one foolish
                                    child, a nobody, change that."

That memory forced it's way through the haze painfully. Without realizing it, Daichi drew a sharp breath, bracing himself on the kitchen counter.

He laughed though. The sound was a surprise even to himself though. "You have got to be kidding me, Asa." he breathed a moment later, "I don't even know that man." And yet, even as he said that, it sounded somewhat like a lie to him. Not - right. He didn't know the man personally per se, but - that man was no stranger to him. That was it. He shook his head, reaching up to his forehead.

"You have got ... to be kidding me." he repeated, looking up to her. "You think that man would kill me? For what? What have I ever done to him?"

Was the Daichi he had been previously so - so different, that he had done something to warrant the scars on his arms, on his body? The erasing of his memories? Despite himself, Daichi hissed out a breath in utter frustration, slamming a fist to the counter. He was surprised for a moment afterward, not sure where that abrupt sense of anger came from.

"...Sorry," he muttered a moment later, putting a hand to Asako's shoulder. "..Thanks for telling me though, even if it's against what he said." His head was beginning to hurt again. "...Do .. here, let me get you a change of shirts," He said it as much to help her as it was to give him something to do, before he lost that fragile hold on the fragments of his shattered and confusing thoughts. Daichi picked up the basket of first aid items and went to put it away. A few moments later, he returned with a clean shirt - too small for him, though likely still too big for Asako.

"Just so you're not wearing that with blood on it," he offered quietly in explanation. "...I know .. I don't really have any right to say this, considering how much I listen to your own advice to me, but ... you shouldn't ... do that to yourself anymore. " The headache pulsed in a threatening manner, but he pretended as if he had not felt it.

███████████████████████████▌▌▌ ██ ║▌║││
⊹⊹ ____ here.we.go :: AGAIN _____ ✩ ✩ ✩

ooc:

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
              User Image
                                                            ▌ × C a l l m y N A M E

“A vague date is better than nothing.” Asa countered at once, her voice soft as she turned her gaze downwards and bit down on her lip, hard she countered before jumping into something that she shouldn’t. It became appartent how she really shouldn’t have when suddenly enough he brought his fist down against the counter after laughing, causing the blood to drain from her face. Or it at least felt that way. She felt cold, numb. Of course… of course he didn’t remember what he did to Uro.

Asa would never know what he said to Uro that night. She would never be able to truly explain everything, or explain the feelings that they had once felt for one another. Honestly, just standing there, her blood running cold and her body numb, Asa couldn’t help but wonder, hating herself for doing so , if Daichi even felt that way in the first place. Maybe he never did. Maybe it was all a lie and all of this was worthless.

She didn’t say anything, she was quiet, staring down at the flooring as if it held the secrets of the world until he returned with the shirt. “It’s… fine…” She said finally as he held it to her and she took it in her hands. Just holding it, she could tell that it was worn down, an older shirt that probably didn’t fit anymore. It was probably a shirt she had seen a hundred a ten times before. A shirt that she had worn before perhaps. Who knew. All she knew was that this hurt.

When he told her to stop that just made things ten times worse than before. “Daichi, I… I can’t.” She said, “At least right now. I will promise you that I’ll try, but I can’t promise you that I can completely stop.” She brushed a hand through her hair and then took a deep breath. “I’m not kidding about all of this , which is why I can’t stop.” She said in reference to his earlier exclimation as she quickly walked off to the bathroom, pausing as she saw the entrance to his room, the door still slightly ajar and her heart began to ache.

Stupid curse. Stupid everything.
                                                            She got dressed into the shirt in the bathroom and sighed, wanting to hit her head against the wall. Yep. She knew the shirt. He wore it before he left and probably left it behind when he left to go to wherever it was he went during the year he was gone. Asa loved the fabric and te color and she of course had mentioned it to hi mbefore, so he had been sure to wear it a few times for her. Yet, now she was wearing it.

As she walked out, she realized that he had asked her a question. “What did you do him?” She repeated, ”You asked that, right?” She said that she was going to get rid of the questions, “I said that I was going to get rid of the secrets. That’s a big one, I suppose.” Yet, it was a big one that would take a lot of patience to explain to him and he probably wouldn’t’ want to know in the end. He would regret it.

“You didn’t like being discreet and you went off to confront him without me knowing. Uro… well. Uro has never wanted to be just friends with me.” She wouldn’t dare explain anthing more than that with him. He didn’t know how far Uro wanted them to go. He didn’t need to know of the countless dresses. He didn’t need to know of the thousands of I love yous that had been told to Asa by the god of the Zodiac. “What you were stealing was not only property to him, one of his zodiac, and the dragon, the doctor who can erase memories, but the one that he cared for as more than just one of his underlings.”

She bit her lip and shifted her weight onto her other foot as she stood before Daichi and looked up at him. “I’m on a roll with the qhole question answering thing… do you have any more?” She took a deep breath, hoping, no, praying that he didn’t. That was a lot of secrets for one day.

Dapper Raider

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

✩ ✩ ✩ xxx sohma,DAICHI
x WITH asako xxx x MOOD serious xxx x LOCATION at home xxx x CLOTHING sleepwear

From the moment that Asako had come in, they had delved into a such a serious conversation - Daichi was surprised with how drained he felt already. At the same time though, he was quite sure it had something to do with those strange images and recollections that were deciding to filter through now, of all times.

Objectively, all evidence seemed to point to exactly what Asako had told him, proving that - just because he was not exactly aware of what was or had been going on, that it did not necessarily mean things had not happened. Because they had. At the same time though, he still found it an effort unto itself to have his heart fully acknowledge it. That was why that faintest sense of a headache was still lurking in the shadows, waiting for the opportune moment to strike and cripple him.

In the end, Daichi just nodded and took a deep breath, while Asako slipped away to change her shirt. Belatedly, Daichi wondered if it perhaps had not been the best idea, to offer the Dragon one of his shirts for her to wear. If what she was saying was true ( and he was establishing here that, it was indeed true,) then would someone notice? Would someone say something? Mind, he hadn't worn that shirt since he'd left a year ago; there'd been a lot of things he'd left, packed away, so fed up and frustrated as he had been when he'd left.

"Well - whatever this is, it all needs to stop."

"What did you do him? You asked that, right?"

Asako went on to explain, and Daichi kept silent all the while, struggling to process all the information. He didn't like to be discreet, she had said. Well, he couldn't say it wasn't plausible. He'd certainly been told more than once that he needed to think before he acted, but that was only when his anger or frustration made him lose reason. Then again though, considering the situation that Asako was describing, was not that exactly the case?

Daichi frowned , crossing then uncrossing his arms. His (current?) knowledge of the God of the Zodiac was rather minimal, but it nevertheless made him wonder what sort of mental state he'd been in, to seemingly so brazenly challenge that man? He had heard enough stories from his mother to know that that was not a person to be messed with, and yet ...

"I was taking you away from him," He clarified, bluntly. Daichi forced himself to return to reality and the present moment, reminded himself of the necessity of groung himself in the here and now and not in the haziness of the past and memories, looking back at Asako with an even gaze. Did he have any more questions, she said. Did he?

"Just... one more, I guess." he said finally, not actually sure how he was going to word the question he wanted to ask. But, in the end, it was much more easier than he had anticipated. It also sounded a whole lot more arrogant and brazen than he had thought it would sound.

"..Did you like me more then him?"

Maybe he'd wanted to say, had she chosen the him over the God, but considering the fact that he had utterly no memories of anything, Daichi took that to mean (supposedly) that she had not. It wasn't a fairy tale or anything like that. Love was just a word, really.

ooc:

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
              User Image
                                                            ▌ × C a l l m y N A M E

"I was taking you away from him,"
                                                            When he put it like that, she honestly wanted to run and hide somewhere. But yet, she remained and nodded her head. When put like that, it was so frank, so blunt, and so very true. That really was what was happening, or at least in Urochi’s eyes. She crossed an arm over her chest and then nodded her head after taking a deep breath. What else could she do? There was nothing there to deny.

Yet, when he said he had another question, a thousand excuses rushed through her head. She had to leave to go to an appointment, she had to go to pick up a prescription. Yes, there were a thousand and one things. If only. Yet, by the time she opened her mouth to say one of them, he had already asked her the next question.

It was a question that had her anxiety worse than ever before and she curled her hands up into fists as she took a deep breath and gathered her thoughts, trying to remain calm. “Are you seriously asking me that?” She asked finally, looking up at him, “Of all the things you could have asked you asked me about you asked me that.”

She brushed a hand through her hair and sighed softly. “Daichi, I had pictures on my phone of us from over a year ago. I haven’t bothered to delete you out of my phone book or even bothered to delete the little icon next to your name. I feel like that’s self explanatory.”

“Daichi, I really cared about you back in the day. Of course I liked you most. Of course I did.” She shook her head at him. “I can’t believe you wasted a question on that.” Asa bit down on her lip. “Honestly, now that all of that is out on the table, there isn’t much more I can tell you. It’s not because I’m keeping secrets either, it’s more so there’s just not much else to say.”

“So. I’m going to go ahead and go…” She didn’t wait for him to say anything, for him to do anything none the less. Instead, she just made her way out of the house and to her own room where she just sat down and tried not to cry, her heart feeling as though it was being torn in two. Why was this so hard?

--- Time skip—

It had been days. Six to be exact, since Asa had last spoken to Daichi. Sure, they had seen each other in passing, Asa had been always quick to run though, since she had been afraid of actually having to speak and/or confront him after laying down everything, literally everything, on the table. Even then they had only seen each other in passing once and that was a long while ago. Things were not looking good for them.

Especially when Asa came back from her office to hear a rustling in her room and opened the door only to then find Uro, the god, flipping out, tearing things apart. “You!” He shouted as soon as she stepped a foot inside of the room. “You’re seeing him, aren’t you?” Uro took a step towards her. “I told you, I told you if you saw him again with you that I would kill him, I am not kidding! Where is he!?”

Asa’s heart was beating fast as she dropped her bag right then and there and strode up to him. “Uro, S-Stop.” She began, taking a deep breath as she strode towards him. “Daichi and I are not seeing each other! He doesn’t remember anything Ok?” Uro-Sama scoffed at her and went back to going through her things. Already, clothing was thrown out across the floor and her heart was beating fast as she realized that he was going to find it. He was going to find the shirt. “Uro-Sama. Please…”

He found it. He lifted up the blue shirt and stared up at her. “They were right. You HAVE been seeing him!” The god zodiac strode over towards her and slapped her full force across her cheek. Asa staggered back as the searing pain erupted and she felt tears stinging her eyes.

“I gave him drugs to force him to forget again Uro-Sama.” Asa murmured, gulping. “That is why people are saying they are seeing us together. Don’t worry, I haven’t seen him in quite a logn while. Please stop this now. If you want confirmation here.” She grabbed her bag again from the floor and pulled out a file folder that held outsider names and pulled out Daichi’s name, which had the memory drug on it, and pointed it out to Uro. “That’s the one. So please. Stop.”

Uro scoffed and ripped the paper while tossing it aside. And then grabbed her chin. “That’s going to leave a bruise. You’re a doctor. Fix it. I don’t care how just fix it.” He forcefully released her and began to walk away. “You better watch yourself Asa, I dno’t want to have to drag Arisu or any of the other Zodiac into this.”

Asako, trembling watched as he left and removed her phone from her bag. She proceeded to then text Daichi that she was coming over in an hour and that he better open the door. When the hour had passed Asa made her way over, luckily, the bruising wasn’t as bad as Uro had thougt it would be, of course the red was still there and noticeable and there was a bit of purple mixed in across the span of her cheek as well, but so be it.

As soon as she got to his house she knocked and walked in as soon as he opened the door, not wanting anyone to see her outside on his doorstep. “First things first.” She commented when she saw his pale compexion. “Have you been eating, sleeping, drinking enough? Cause you don’t look very good. And have you been having your pills like I suggested in the correct dosages?”

“Second thing, Uro is onto us. He’s realized that there is more to this than what meets the eyes and Im not sure what to do. I was ale to throw him off of the trai for how but I’m not sure how much time we have. He’s pretty smart after all.” Asa sighed. If only those pills really did erase his memory like they were intended to do,if only.

Dapper Raider

10,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

✩ ✩ ✩ xxx sohma,DAICHI
x WITH no one - asako xxx x MOOD tired, confused, headache xxx x LOCATION at home xxx x CLOTHING hermitting

Asako didn't seem to particularly appreciate his question, but Daichi couldn't help himself. He didn't know if she had taken it the wrong way or not - a strangely separate part of him said he was just being petty and - jealous? He wanted to hear her say something like 'yes, i did like you more,' because ... well, he didn't know why. He just felt that he'd feel some sort of callous satisfaction in knowing that he had a one up on the God of the Zodiac, and that he had been able to win her affections.

So, suffice to say, Asako's tone didn't sound pleased. But, just as he'd wanted, Daichi felt that rather sticky satisfaction. In the end, he smiled wryly at her chastising tone, as she virtually scolded him for wasting a question. "Would you have rathered a more difficult question?"" he relented though, knowing that whether he believed her when she said that she had told him everything or not, that was probably as far as things were going to get for the time being.

"Alright.. be careful, Asako-san," He said, following the Dragon to the door. He watched her recede into the white backdrop, before closing the door, exhaling. He had never felt such a deep set fatigue - as if it reached done into his very bones.

✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦

Six days.

Six. Days.

Nearly a week had passed, but much to Daichi's frustration, he felt as if nothing had changed. No - as if things had gotten worse. He'd gone to work for the four days after Asako's visit, but towards the end of the third and for the fourth, it was becoming increasingly difficult for him to concentrate. His coworkers helped him out, but by first hour into the night, his manager gently insisted he go home. Left with no choice, Daichi had - and he had not left his home since.

It was so strange. It felt like his memories were constantly warping, shifting, changing. One moment one set of memories seemed to be authentic and then the next, it was all a fractured fake. Everything seemed so disorienting, so confusing. Twice, he found himself throwing up into his bathroom's toilet, overcome with a startingly fierce bout of vertigo. His only reprieve were the pills that Asako had left with him; it was only when he took them, that things seemed to settle back all in their proper place.

If not, things were .. so mismatched. His once more or less clean home grew messier with each passing day - leaving plates out, clothes out ... Sometimes, it seemed like something natural, because it was his mother's job. Mothers cleaned after their little kids. Other times, he saw his father going to clean things up, which was really amazing, because he was coming back from the dead to do that. Crazy.

Daichi was laying down on the couch, idly watching television but not actually processing any of the pictures that were flickering on the screen, when his cell buzzed annoyingly on the shoddy coffee table. He tried to reach it without moving, and it took him a good few minutes before he had it in his hands, fumbling to see who was texting him. Asako was coming over. That was what the message said - vaguely, Daichi realized that, getting dressed would be a good idea. And maybe cleaning up, and - .....

He spent the hour lazing on the couch, in a state of semi-consciousness.

At the sound of the door, Daichi struggled to get up; he took a brief detour to snap up another two pills, before going to answer. He had barely opened it though, before Asako was basically shoving her way in. She was a lot more bold than she'd been the last time they'd spoken, not including the brief moments they'd seen each other in passing, asking questions in rapid fire succession. It took him a few moments to actually process the questions. Food.. sleep, drink...

"...Ah... yeah,..." Daichi frowned, forgetting for a moment who it was he was speaking with. The pills took a moment to go into effect, but he kept quiet, as he tried to sort things out. Correct dosages? "...Yeah.. well enough. I think... I need more," he said slowly, rubbing at his eyes for a brief moment. He was pretty sure it was only supposed to be one pill at a time, but as of two days ago, he'd been taking two each time.

"...Um... he found us out, huh..."

Daichi closed his eyes tightly for a moment, before opening them, trying to focus on Asako's face. "...Would you - did you shut the door, please? ... Want something to drink?" He supposed that yes, he was a mess. He was pale and nothing short of a mess. His kitchen was also a mess, actually. He couldn't say he'd really been eating well either...

"I need more of these pills, Asako." he was painfully blunt, but Daichi did not realize it might've been so.

ooc: sorry i took forever !! ;3;
Kashi Hikari

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items