Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image

Did he hear his name was was he delusional? He could barely peer through the darkness as he reached out for the boat, his legs seizing up and sending him bobbing down. The panic was all he needed to get a good enough kick to force himself back up and gasped hard of the fresh salted air. "FUC-!!" He dropped right under again, pain shooting through his leg and anchoring him down. It was a sudden arm around his waist that helped him back up, his arms latching onto anything solid they could; Jace; the life saver; anything. "JACE!"

He was heaving for air clinging to the life saver with one arm as his other hand shot right down to his cramping leg. ********, ********, ********, ******** "Dammit!" That hurt so bad and it wasn't stopping! Did he pull something? The panic running through him didn't allow his to calm down, his head sinking down and his body shaking hard for any idea of warmth. "They--th-ththt-they s-shshshs-should stop the... ********! The boat. C-C-cc-cCommonnnnn-....!" He could barely talk let alone paddle. His one hurt leg was dangling in piecing pain as the other one kicked out, his other arm paddling to get them closer. They just had to be spotted and then they would be good to go.

Fighting against the elements, against nature itself, it was bound to be futile. They could barely paddle themselves back, barely call out at their throats seized up from the salt and the cold, and something was bound to fight back. It did. He cursed in his head as a wave built up and passed the boat, rocking right into its front before coming straight for them. The more it traveled, the higher it got until it crested, water showering and curling in on itself. He acted on instinct only, his arm looped through the life saver winding around Jace, and the rest of his body clinging to the boy as the water crashed down over them. The riptides forced them under, but the life preserver kept trying to top away. By the time they surfaced again, he felt absolutely beaten and exhausted, and the sight of the boat naught but the size of a baseball now stripped all hope from him. "We're dead," he gasped, tears burning down his face. The boat wasn't moving anymore, and they were too far out. No one would see them out here, and if the cold didn't shut their bodies down, they would drown, or worse, sharks. His glass was definitely half empty right now.

Stuart Strickland ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ***************User Image * User Image * User Image * User Image

Agile Hunter

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
_____________јαсε_____________
_______α нυмαи ωιтнσυт нυмαиιту
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxUser Image
↔ ithink➘i➘ might have inhaled you
I CAN⇇FEEL YOU BEHIND MY••EYES ↔
'
ι cαη ƒεεℓ yσυƒℓσωιηg ιηмε

He watched as Stuart bobbed up and down in the water before he reached him, and Jace was terrified that he wouldn't reach him in time - but somehow he did and the look of relief, mingled with panic, on Stuart's face made this crazy a** idea of his all of a sudden worth it. He could save this kid's life, he would save it. He realized Stuart was in pain, and figured he had been fighting the cold as well as the waves for a good five or six minutes now, he must be exhausted. "It's ok man, I got you. Just hold on to the damn floating thing ok? Don't you go under the water again, ya hear?" He grabbed the outer strap on the lifesaver and looped his other arm around Stuart's middle - feeling the boy tremble from the cold.

"I think they did, I think they stopped the boat. We can get there, just hold on." Together the two teens worked together but despite all of their movement, they seemed to be getting no closer to the boat that was their salvation. Despite his size and strength, Jace was fading fast. The cold was sucking the energy out of him far too quickly. He growled and summoned the last dregs of strength and yelled "We're here! Help!" His voice was far weaker than he wanted and over the howling wind and thunder, he doubted he was heard.

Just then the worst possible thing happened, a monster of a wave crested over them and before Jace could even react he felt Stuart's arm enclose around him and together they tumbled through the water, being pulled in the opposite direction of the ship. He held onto the boy at his side as Mother Nature attempted to drag them under, but their lifesaver was forcing them back up - it was terrifying. When they finally leveled out they were so much farther away from the ship that he felt all of the hope leaving him.

He heard Stuart, and realized he was crying. Cursing he tightened his arm around the other student and said "No, no we aren't dead. We are very much alive and I intend to keep is that way." He reached around for the length of rope that hung limply from the lifesaver. When he had it he looped it around Stuart's waist and tied it tight. "That will keep you with this, so at least you won't drown. It takes three times as long to freeze to death as it does to drown, silver lining ok?" His teeth were chattering, and he wasn't sure Stuart would be able to understand him very well.

Removing his jacket he drew out his knife and cut a length of the leather apart and used it to secure himself to the lifesaver as well. "L-listen, if we can survive the night, the sun will warm the water enough that we won't freeze and we can get ourselves towards an island. We need to preserve our energy, trying to swim in this is going to what kills us. Just try to float alright? Don't try to swim, just float, breath and do not go to sleep. Talk, w-we need to talk."

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100

User Image

"J-jacessss--ss..." [/********! He couldn't stop shaking! His body was huddled against Jace's, and the longer they were together, the more he noticed it. If it were not for Jace, he would be absolutely dead right now. If Jace had not jumped in, he would be sinking to the bottom of the ocean. "H-h-haven't y-y-ou seen Titanic!? F-f-fuuck..." Than god this was the southern hemisphere, but it still wasn't Miami! He saw the next wave coming and huddled closer to Jace, whimpering at he moved his sprain leg.

An island? Talking? His mind was so scattered, but just hearing all of that made him outright laugh. "Just like in C-C-castaway." He pulled closer, taking one thing for benefit, the only warm thing around him was something that also needed as much goddamned warmth as it could get. He was not about to get Jace go for the world. Somehow the freezing cold actually helped in having a vice grip around something. "Y-Y-You going to b-be... Wilson-nn?"

Somehow that was funnier than it was scary, probably because it still wasn't setting in. this was already being called in; there would be search Helicopters soon. He whimpered into the back of his throat, and there it came down over them again, dragging them down under and shooting them even further than before. His grip was yanked away from everything, the breath forced out of him as he was berated by the waves until finally it eased up and somehow he got his grip on the rope again and pulled himself back up over the life saver to dangle helplessly. "I-... I...." He couldn't catch his breath, his body practically vibrating in earch for warmth. The ship was come, a faint speck in the distance, and it had him pulled back into that panic. "W-hw-wwh.." He couldn't get the words out, slamming his fist on the life saver just to try and focus himself. Talk. That was what Jace said. So, TALK! "W-what do you... think... th-they'll... do?"

Stuart Strickland ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ***************User Image * User Image * User Image * User Image

Agile Hunter

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
'

Jace was starting to have trouble focusing, which he knew was a sign of hypothermia. If it was already starting to set in, it was going to be a long a** night. He tried to slow his breathing and was focusing on the waves around them, the patterns in the water. He was trying to anticipate the waves, and ride them out. Though two people clinging to a life saver wasn't exactly the same as being on a surfboard. "O-of c-c-c-ourse I've seen it, b-but this is a warmer c-climate, better time of year." He shook his head "If we keep moving around, w-we won't freeze." His chattering teeth didn't help his words sound true, but he still believed them.

With the next wave beginning to crest he groaned and heard Stuart make a sound of pain, had he hurt himself? He hadn't thought to ask when he got to him. Then he laughed and Jace looked down at him in surprise, was his companion getting delusional? When Stuart mentioned the movie, and asked Jace if he would be taking the place of the volleyball Jace chuckled, tightening his arm around the shivering boy "Wh-why do I have to b-be the volleyball? I'll be-be the crazy person o-ok?'

Just then the next wave crested over them and drug them under before their flotation device pulled them back to the surface. He felt Stuart release him and the boy was pulled from his grip - thank god he had thought to tie them to the device together. When the wave faded, he couldn't even see the boat they had both jumped from, which was terrifying to say the least. When he realized Stuart was having trouble talking because of the cold, he shifted so he wasn't beside the boy but behind him. He was careful not to kick his injured leg but sandwiched Stuart between the life saver and his own body "Don't freak, but you are going to freeze to death if I don't do something, you don't have enough meat on your bones." He was so cold, his lips hurt so much he could barely speak above a whisper "They-they'll send hel-helicopters and then boats, the National Guard, the Coast Guard, hell even the Navy maybe." He dropped his forehead on Stuart's shoulder and sighed deeply, shuddering "We'll make it...we will."

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100

User Image

He didn't say anything. His mind felt as frozen as his body was, his grip tight as it could be on the life saver, and his body shuddering against the only company he had left. Everything faded away, his mind swimming and his head bobbed. Everything begged for his to let go and lose himself, but he fought, snapping back to attention with every way. No matter what, Jace would keep going unanswered as the hours widdled away, and the night grew darker and darker. He had no clue where they were anymore, but as the waves started to settle, and the hours melded into each other, he felt something drag across the bottom of his foot. He gasped and shivered back on consciousness, startled, thinking it was something hostile, but it was still there.

Hebopped his head back, dropping his back and cheek against Jace's chest. there it was. Out of the blue ocean, they found it. Land. He blinked hard, trying to understand it at first when he noticed just what his foot had dragged against; sand. He could stand. He grabbed Jace's bicep and shook it, trying to pull his attention where his own was. "Jace- Jace... Jace!"

He only waited a moment before he started moving, whimpering as his legs tried to bring him to leg. One leg was completely shot, and the other was was so weak that he felt ready to collapse just by supporting any weight on it. "Jace, help! I can't move. We're here- he made it!"

Agile Hunter

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
'

Jace was so tired...that was all he could think about. His plan for the pair to keep talking until they found land was almost impossible. He had stopped shivering, which he wasn't sure was a good or bad sign, but he was too tired to even talk. He just listened to the ragged breathing of Stuart and mentally ran through things, lists, the alphabet, songs, memories, anything to keep his mind working. His body was shot at this point, but his mind was functioning clearly still - at least there was that.

He could just see the gray colors of a predawn come across the horizon when he felt Stuart stirring and looking around in a panic. That got his attention and he started to look down into the water to see if something had touched him - he knew sharks would bump into things first to tell if it was food or not. He prayed they didn't get caught up by sharks - that was not how he wanted to go. Then Stuart started yelling his name and tugging on him, that was when he realized he wasn't floating anymore. He was sitting.

Slipping off off Stuart he started laughing at the shallow water that they waded in. What he noticed was the temperature change...they weren't in the deep, dark cold waters of the ocean anymore. As the sun pierced through the clouds, he could see it clearly. Crystal clear waters, such a shade of blue that you could see the white sand below. He reached out to untie the scraps of fabric from around his torso when he heard Stuart cry out for help. Since they were both tied to the life saver still they weren't far apart so he scrambled to his feet, shaking.

His legs were like jello, so he could only imagine what Stuart's legs were like. He drug his knife out of his pocket, more than grateful that it had survive their swim and hacked the lifesaver away from them both. He looped it through his arm though, not about to let go of the one thing that had kept them alive. He winced as he walked, his legs were cramping up with each step he splashed through. Coming up beside Stuart he ducked and took the boy's arm over his shoulder "You're alright, put your weight on me. We gotta get out of the water." With slow steady steps he led them out of the water completely and onto the dry sand. He tossed the life saver farther up on the sand, out of reach of the tide and then lowered Stuart onto the sand. It was still cool to the touch, but already the rising sun was casting warmth over them.

Laying back on the sand Jace tossed his arm over his eyes and took a few deep, shuddering breaths. They were alive, somehow they had survived the night and had found land. He couldn't believe it.

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100

User Image

Stuart felt his arm pulled up, hissing as it ached from the odd angle. He immediately wanted to drop it, but he was strapped against Jace, and didn't fight it in the lest. His injured leg barely touched to ground, but it kept piercing was every wake and every point of preassure as they struggled togethere to get to the shore. The moment they completely broke from the water's surface it was that relief that came over them that ended up having them falling towards the only comfortable thing for miles. Sand. LAND!

His knees collapsed against it first, causing his to whimper and grope his leg before he crashed down hard, heaving for a proper breath. "Never thought I'd feel this again..." he clawed at the sand, almost not believing it. As warm as the water had gotten, it was the breeze that was killing his now. Every movement was weighted as his hands reached down, gripping his shirt and trying to pull his sweater free. He kept getting stuck, his muscles seizing up and stopping mid way, the cold exhaustion had taken their toll.

He struggled hard, but in the end he finally, agonizingly slowly, pulled the layer of fabric away. He barely had the dexterity but her tried anyways, working at each button on his dress shirt as his hands jumped right over where he was aiming or refused to keep a grip. Cold, cold, so cold. The more the breeze bit into the soaking wet clothing, the more he felt it biting down against his numb body. "I f-feel as useless... as Wilson. Uugh, I think I ******** my leg up..." Never in his life had he sworn as much as on this trip. He probably never would again if he ever made it back home.

Agile Hunter

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
'

Jace dropped his arm from his face and turned his head to look at Stuart as he struggled to get his soaked clothes off. The light ocean breeze was cold. He watched in tired amusement as the clothing seemed to get the better of him but decided that he had the right idea "Me either, I won't lie, for a while there I felt like the night was never going to end." He forced himself into a sitting position and drug off the tattered remains of his leather jacket and tossed it behind him. Next he slowly peeled the white t-shirt from his skin and it ended up on top of the jacket.

Looking over at Stuart he chuckled "Your fingers are pruned from the water, and cold too - once you warm up you'll be less Wilson-y." Despite his own aches and numbness he crawled across the sand to Stuart "Until then, I guess I will be the useful one." He reached up and undid the buttons on his companion's shirt, fumbling a few times himself "Ok, so it isn't as easy as it should be." He chuckled once he had finished and pushed the cloth off his shoulders, letting him finish the job himself.

He sat back on his butt and started unlacing his shoes, next came his socks and then he unbuttoned his jeans, the heaviest and wettest thing he was wearing. He tossed them back with his other things and then laid back among the warming sand in his black boxers, letting the early morning sun chase the chill from his bones "Once we warm up we can figure out what happened to your leg."

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100

User Image

Stuart dropped his arms back as Jace hovered over him, forcing himself to sit up as he watched to man do all of the work for him. Jace was definitely more composed than him. Seriously, what would he have done without him? "Thank you," he muttered, finally peeling it all away before he actually forced himself to sit up. He almost whinnied the whimper, then eased himself slowly in unlacing his polished shoes and slipping them off along with his socks. It was the pants that really killed him. Anything that included even shifting his leg by this point was killing him!

He finally kicked it off with his good leg, then collapsed back in nothing but his briefs, his eyes falling shut. They were heavy, his lips were chapped, his leg was done for, and they were stranded on an island. Who knew how long it would take for them to be found? "I am so hungry... I could go for a whopper right about now." He chuckled weakly, knowing it was the last thing he would be getting, probably for awhile.

"This is so wrong," he muttered, shaking his head slowly before looking to Jace and letting his cheek drop against the sand. "I would have died if you hadn't of jumped in after me. Thank you. I don't think I could ever thank you enough for saving my life." There were not two ways around it. He would have flat out drowned without a chance if it were not for the boy next to him. "Some senior trip, huh...?"

Agile Hunter

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
'

Jace decided that there had never been a more comfortable spot to lay than right there on the beach in the morning sun. No feather bed or memory foam mattress could compare to him at that moment as the sand beneath his back did. He closed his eyes and was lulling on the edge of sleep when Stuart spoke, speaking of being hungry. "Ugh, I could go for a steak..." He was starving. Having not eaten much the evening before for fear of sea-sickness and then the physical battle with the sea he was left with a painfully empty stomach "Lemme...lemme close my eyes for a few and then we can set about finding some food, ok?"

He laid his head back down in the sand, ignoring the scratchy feeling on his bare skin and closed his eyes against the blazing sun as it poured over him. He opened one eye as he turned to look at Stuart, who was thanking him. "Well, yea but Veronica would have died too if you hadn't jumped in after her. I-I wasn't about to watch you drown." He sighed, opening both of his eyes "You're welcome though," He looked back up at the sky and commented with a dry chuckle "That it is...think this will be in the year book?" He asked with another laugh. He coughed though, his throat sore from all of the salt water he had taken in.

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100

User Image

Veronica; so that was her name? He had never met here. she had been in another class schedule, obviously. He let his eyes fall closed, huffed a weak chuckle. "If they find us before they print it. Otherwise someone's getting fired, and-" he paused and swallowed hard; "I am so regretting not having my mouth catching rain water earlier like lemon drops and candy. Ugh, alright, no more food references."

Stuart managed to get the last of his muscles to ease down, his leg finally going back to numb. "Eyes closed... that sounds great. Let's just sleep. I really hope it rains..." he shouldn't hope for that, but let's race it, thy weren't going to survive on ocean water. They were surrounded by the very thing that would kill them. He groaned lowly, his body feeling heavier by the second, and in no time he was out like a light. All it took was that resignation for him to finally let what was beyond well needed to happen.Now they just had to hope there wasn't anything on this island that would kill them.

Agile Hunter

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
'

"We'll demand a reprint," Jace mumbled though his eyes were already falling shut. "Yea...rain." He didn't even recall speaking those last words. He was gone, his body forcing him to sleep. He drifted, happily only in his mind and not on the water, he wasn't sure how long he slept but when he finally opened his eyes he felt baked. Looking up, he saw the burning sun staring down at him and knew that lying in the sun all morning was going to burn him to a crisp.

He was also fully aware of the intense heat, they had been far enough away from Florida that he would have thought their eventual location wouldn't be so warm. Had they drifted south? Panic tore at him - if they had entered international or foreign waters who knows how long it would take someone to find them. Closing his eyes he sat up and rubbed his face. Running his dry tongue over chapped lips he looked over at his sleeping companion. He seemed just as exhausted. Hell, even Jace felt like he could sleep more if he hadn't been so thirsty.

Getting to his legs he felt much better, his muscles had been given time to relax but he knew that if he didn't get some food and water into his system he would be in big trouble. He groaned and shook the sand out of his clothes before he put his jeans on but left his feet and torso bare. After a moment, he went to wake Stuart. They needed to find water but first they had to tend to the boy's injured leg. Kneeling down he light shook his shoulder "Hey, Stuart. Wake up."

((Ugh, Gaia is NOT telling me when you reply!))

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100

User Image

He sniffed and turned his head as his name was called. "Five more minutes," was something very foreign that his maids would have known as, 'maybe today is a day to call out sick.' He was never difficult in the morning, not unless he felt miserable. He grumbled deep into his throat and tried to turn over only for that familiar shooting pain in his leg to force him awake. It was hardly as bed as earlier, but his tolerance had completely dropped down after ignoring it for long enough.

"Alright, I'm up," he whined, depending on his arms to slowly sit himself up and look out over the endless ocean. He breathed, seeing the crystals of salt heavy on his lashes. He shut his eyes, carefully picking them off and rubbing the rest of the salt away from his lids. "I was really hoping for Miami, too." He chuckled weakly, but it was faked. He wasn't happy at all; he was miserable. This was not the vacation he had been looking forward to.

He sniffed again, looking to Jace, then looking down to his leg. "I'll probably need to make a makeshift crutch, because this feels terrible." He slowly dragged his arm down his leg, massaging it as he went and easing into the pain. The more endorphins that rushed to the area, the better of a chance her could use it. Plus, it didn't hurt to find out the main point of the pain. "It's either pulled, or something tore. Must have happened when the riptide hit me while I was trying to save Veronica." He sniffed again, wiggling his nose. Everything felt unbearable dry. This was miserable.

He looked to Jace again, then used his hand to move his leg,, and then held his arm out to him; "help me up?" He couldn't lay here all day. He'd bake, if he hadn't already. They needed to find shelter. His clothing already looked dry, and that itself was a testament to the sun. Definitely closer to the tropics. The sand was familiar to. They was washed a very long way.

Agile Hunter

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
'

Jace chuckled when Stuart rolled away from him and grumbled about sleeping more. If he hadn't been injured, or laying out in the sun where the threat of heat stroke was possible, he would have let him sleep and just gone in search of food and water himself. But, unfortunately, they had to figure out how to get Stuart to move around first. He was a sitting duck as he was, and they had no idea how big this island was or what inhabited it.

He laced his fingers behind his head and looked out over the water, and water was all he saw which ever way he looked. It was beautiful, but terrifying. How far had they drifted? How far from any mainlands were they? He shook his head, they would be found. The two of them just had to survive until then.

"I can make you something, there is plenty of wood around here. If you think that is what you'll need, we can get it." He watched Stuart massage the pained area and said "Let's hope you just pulled a muscle, because that will be ok in a day or two with rest, a torn muscle will mean trouble." He shook his head, they had to get some shelter so Stuart could rest and get better. Reaching down he grabbed Stuart and gently lifted him to his feet and helped steady him "Lean on me until we can find you something to help you walk, we gotta get off this beach and out of the sun though."

He slowly started walking towards the bright green jungle that was the center of the island and said "The greenery is a good sign, it means it either rains a lot here or that there is a large source of fresh water near-by, lets find it."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff