omgggg
MY SUPER HERO ALBUM CAME IN TODAY, I CAN'T STOP STARING AT LEO <3

Angelic Sophomore

12,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
I posted this in Chatterbox, but I felt I should re post it here as well ;w;

Well, I just want to let off some steam.

IRL my parents are amazing, they care about me and love me, but they can't seem to accept my musical tastes.

I listen to lots of different genres, but my favorite is K-Pop.

Well, my parents don't seem to understand why I like K-Pop...

I love K-Pop because the lyrics are so meaningful and carry more weight than most American pop songs.
And on top of that, K-Pop encompasses other genres like hip-hop, R&B, electronic, trance and so many more.

But, my parents make rude comments like "he looks gay.." or "he looks like a girl".
And of course, I try to explain why these idols wear makeup and how amazing they are, but they just shut me out.

It makes me really frustrated, and upset, I've seen so many videos with parents reacting to K-Pop videos and they say positive things like "His voice sounds so good!"

I tried showing my parents a video but they immediately left the room only a few seconds into in,saying that it sounded "like garbage".

And on top of it, I live in Michigan and there aren't many K-Pop fans, I have my twin sister, and a few friends I pretty much have to communicate with other fans through the internet.

I just wish that my parents could acknowledge that K-Pop is more than just music to me, it's helped me get through so many bad days and hardships.

VIXX is my favorite group and my parents continue to scoff at them, comparing them to One Direction, which makes me extremely mad..

VIXX may have pretty/handsome faced members, but that doesn't mean they have a lack of talent.

They can sing and dance extremely well and have adorable down to earth personalities, which is why I love them smile

I think VIXX is very amazing, not only do all six of them look handsome, they all have amazing singing abilities as well as dancing abilities.

Familiar Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
uunmei

I HAVE SUMMONED THEE.
And yASSU~ I'M SO JELLY OF THE PEOPLE WHO GOT TO SEE VIXX. Just reading it, and it sounded so amazing.

#STOPVIXX2014
And also stop Hongbin, too, just cause. c:

Mikkabi

I'd try to sign up, but I'm scared I'd post stupid stuff on there and prolly spam it for VIXX to come back to Dallas. xD

Ooo~ I love all members, and even tho my bias is Leo, the other members sometimes ruin my bias list. ;u;

And don't worry~ no one understands K-pop's awesomeness! ^^
I'm still a K-pop fan, even if people think it's weird. emotion_awesome

User Image
I'm just gonna leave this gif here. dramallama

uunmyeong's Waifu

Unsealed Senshi

Lee Jaehwan

YIS
NO I JUST WANT TO SEE VIXX ONCE
JUST ONCE IN MY LIFE IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR
okay maybe more than once but since i've never seen them before, once will do for now

stop all the members wow

Mikkabi

oh man i get extremely ticked off whenever kpop is compared to one direction because i'm just like.
"nO. NO, OKAY. DON'T EVEN. JUST STOP."
like honestly, kpop came first. and they dance while they sing. one direction does not.
lol my parents just grew used to me liking kpop. i even got my mom into kdramas and she know sings osts in the car LOL
but the thing is, i'm filipino, so my parents are more open to sk culture than other ethnicities, because they sometimes show filipino-dubbed kdramas or filipino kdrama remakes on the channels that we watch.
and dara from 2ne1 also liked in the philippines for a while, so yeah.
so i can't completely relate with you, but i understand some your feelings because at school, some of my friends did the same thing, saying that they looked like girls and all that.
bUT I EVENTUALLY GOT SOME OF THEM TO LISTEN TO IT
and know they're into bap and block b lol
that probably didn't make you feel any better i'm sorry i was totally just ranting about my life sob
but maybe it's best if you just keep listening to what you like, and your parents will just get used to it and learn to accept it c:

Familiar Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
uunmei

I HOPE YOU SEE THEM SOON.

#STOPVIXX2014
I'm gonna try to trend this, lmao.

User Image

uunmyeong's Waifu

Unsealed Senshi

Lee Jaehwan

ME TOO SOB

AIGHT LOL
#STOPVIXX2014
but no that picture
still not digging his long hair > >

Familiar Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
uunmei

I made the hashtag on twitter earlier. xDD (i'm so lame pls kill me)

THAT PICTURE MAKES ME MAD EVERYTIME, I WANT TO PUNCH HIM.
with my lips on his lips. hmm

Angelic Sophomore

12,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Mikkabi

oh man i get extremely ticked off whenever kpop is compared to one direction because i'm just like.
"nO. NO, OKAY. DON'T EVEN. JUST STOP."
like honestly, kpop came first. and they dance while they sing. one direction does not.
lol my parents just grew used to me liking kpop. i even got my mom into kdramas and she know sings osts in the car LOL
but the thing is, i'm filipino, so my parents are more open to sk culture than other ethnicities, because they sometimes show filipino-dubbed kdramas or filipino kdrama remakes on the channels that we watch.
and dara from 2ne1 also liked in the philippines for a while, so yeah.
so i can't completely relate with you, but i understand some your feelings because at school, some of my friends did the same thing, saying that they looked like girls and all that.
bUT I EVENTUALLY GOT SOME OF THEM TO LISTEN TO IT
and know they're into bap and block b lol
that probably didn't make you feel any better i'm sorry i was totally just ranting about my life sob
but maybe it's best if you just keep listening to what you like, and your parents will just get used to it and learn to accept it c:
That's okay ^w^
Yeah, One Direction just sits there and looks somewhat pretty...
K-Pop is a whole 'nother world.
But, I'm biracial (black and german with some native american) so my parents don't understand why I like it, my dad is open-er to it versus my mom, like she'll watch a few seconds of a mv then complain about how fake the voices sound...
And one time at this restaurant we were at in Germany, the waiter we had was extremely handsome and he also happened asian, so immediately my mom's like " you only like him because he looks like your asian singers..."

I so scared to show my friends kpop because they'll be texting on their phones the whole time, and not paying attention to the mv xD

Adorable Bunny

39,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Timid 100
i started to cry when VIXX sang Hug by DBSK live

Familiar Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
K-poplover44

I wish they sang "Mirotic" instead, but this is just as good. dramallama

Mikkabi

You're German, too? *high fives* xD

But nah, listen to K-pop anyway without having to listen to other peoples opinions. ^^
I do, even if people think it's weird. ninja

Adorable Bunny

39,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Timid 100
Lee Jaehwan
K-poplover44

I wish they sang "Mirotic" instead, but this is just as good. dramallama
yea,but i enjoyed it,and Ken looked so cute smile

Mikkabi

But nah, listen to K-pop anyway without having to listen to other peoples opinions. ^^

Familiar Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
@K-poplover44
They all looked so adorable, buT LEO LOOKED SO SEXY OMGWTF. emotion_donotwant

Angelic Sophomore

12,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Mikkabi

Yup biggrin
I'm biracial, so my mom's black ( but she was born in Germany, but had to give up her dual citizenship because back in the day you used to have to pick us citizenship or german citizenship) and my dad who's white- he was born in Germany as well and he has a green card, so I'm a dual citizen of 'murica and germany~
AHHH
I wish VIXX could come to America more often T^T

Familiar Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
@Mikkabi
That's awesome. emotion_kirakira

YASSU~ I want VIXX to come back to the U.S, especially Dallas so I could see them again but nothing has been said yet. D:

Familiar Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
I really hope VIXX announces that they're coming back to Dallas. or i will legit send hate mail to jellyfish ent. i'm not lying about this emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff