McFly are a British band and have only been around since March 2004. since then they have released 4 top 5 singles, their debut single topped the charts for two weeks and their second following the same success hit the number one spot.

McFly are:

Danny Jones (18 ) vocals and guitar
Tom Fletcher (19) vocals and guitar
Dougie Poynter (17) vocals and bass (joined when he was only 15!)
Harry Judd (17) drums

Their debut album 'Room on the Third Floor' went straight in at number one on the UK official album chart making them the youngest band to have their first album debut at number one, breaking the record that was previously set by the Beatles.

They started life supporting Busted (another BIG UK act) on their sell-out UK arena tour, and their summer shows. Then in November of this year the band set out on their first headline tour.

Their next tour has already been announced (I've got my ticket already!) and the band are set to release the official Comic Relief single 'All about you' as a double a-side single on March 7th of next year.

McFly are one of the most popular bands in the UK at the moment, but often get pidgeon-holed as 'another boyband', but they are very different from your average manufactured pop act. They write their own music and play their own instruments and where certainly not manufactured, (Tom and Danny were the founding members of McFly).

If that wasn't cool enough, they are also named after one of the characters of my favourite film; Marty McFly from Back to the Future