Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Lover

What do you hate the most about certain fandoms or just crazy kpop fans in general?
emotion_kirakira

I personally hate it when international kpop fans only listen to kpop. classified_fu
Or when they get so defensive when someone else likes their bias also.

Wealthy Ladykiller

i hate it when people don't treat their biases/any idol like they're a real person
same when people say "if you stopped liking 'so-and-so' you were never a real fan to begin with"

Benevolent Bloodsucker

All of the above, as well as when people roleplay as idols/band members on Tumblr/Facebook/etc or post fanfiction about them.
I mean, yeah you can do whatever makes you happy, but doing so on a public website is kind of obnoxious imho, especially if they are being characterized as sex fiends.

Invisible Lover

Nox Obscurus
All of the above, as well as when people roleplay as idols/band members on Tumblr/Facebook/etc or post fanfiction about them.
I mean, yeah you can do whatever makes you happy, but doing so on a public website is kind of obnoxious imho, especially if they are being characterized as sex fiends.

Meh. To each their own.
I don't get too bothered by fanfiction or roleplaying, but I get where you're coming from.
McLovelee
I personally hate it when international kpop fans only listen to kpop. classified_fu

This. I'll take it a step further and say I dislike when they claim kpop music is clearly superior to American/Whatever pop music. It's pop music, in Korean.

Also when they get so defensive when someone else doesn't like the same group.

Rainbow Unicorn

Those bias list, marrying crap and/or pairings. Dude, goodluck with marriage. But yeah the craziness in general and their defensiveness when they get criticized. And those elitist people like 'you're not a fan you don't know their birthdays, blood group or such'. Why would I ********' care. I enjoy their music and them as a person but I don't go yell at you for not knowing all the facts.

Dapper Genius

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Befriended 100
McLovelee

This bugs me because there are so many fans all over the world, you can't just expect to have your bias to yourself... he/she isn't really yours to claim anyway.

But there are some girls that go "OMG NO YOU CAN'T LIKE -insert name of idol here- OPPA BECAUSE HE'S MINE!! GET YOUR OWN BIAS!!!"

And the people that respond to idols tweets all creepy-like >.>

There's this line between fan and psycho that people tend to cross.
When people are like "you must not be a real fan if you don't know all of their names". Like yeah I have all the time in the world to memorize a thousand different names from all the groups I listen to. I will however remember my bias' name.

And then people role play as them on social networks. I just don't understand.

Aged Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Consumer 100
I really dislike it when K-Pop fans are so overzealous and they treat them like they aren't people at all. I dislike the fans that don't respect their privacy... like there was this one incident where a member of EXO was taking a shower in a hotel and some fans happen to be in the hotel room next to his. They recorded him singing in the shower... and uploaded the sound piece on the net. Said Idol posted up something about it in defending himself because he felt like they didn't respect him and condemning them for such behavior. I found that crazy as ******** because really? Why would you even...

I dislike fans who can't differentiate between their stage persona and their real persona. The fact that some fans try to go up to these people and use overplayed and tired jokes [i.e. Onew's 'condition' or his love for chicken.] like they are actually what they see on TV. Bruh... no. Stop. You're embarrassing yourselves.

Another thing of mine that bothers me is when these groups are abroad. They are out in public trying to shop and be normal and their fans be doing too goddamn much and have no type of etiquette. There was this one time when a group went to London and there's this one particular boy in the group that a fan went up to and called him 'a little slut' then another fan goes up to another boy in the group who has a bad lisp and starts mimicking his speech, making fun of him? It was weird and totally uncalled for.

Like what you want to like but for the love of everything, please have some respect and decency towards these people.

Rainbow Unicorn

I AM AN IDOL
When people are like "you must not be a real fan if you don't know all of their names". Like yeah I have all the time in the world to memorize a thousand different names from all the groups I listen to.

Invisible Prophet

12,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
yum_strawberry yum_strawberry
1. I really hate people calling their bias "oppa".
2. I hate people who photoshop themselves into photos of their group or bias then write some stupid caption like "Just oppa and I playing around", I've seen it a lot on tumblr. It bugs me a lot.
3. I can't stand people who are so biased to one person they are closed minded about other peoples' opinions and personal thoughts.
4. I HATE people who say that being fans of a rookie group isn't as good as being a fan of an older group.
5. I dislike people who go into the over-the-top stage of shipping. I mean the stage where they believe that the ship is actually real. I like shipping random idol couples for fun and for fanfiction writing but I know that they aren't actually really like that. It's just fun, but those who seriously insist certain group members are ******** in reality need to be checked out.
6. I severely hate fangirls who go apeshit when their bias posts a photo of them with a girl or a video or something; have you seen the s**t storm that does? "WHO THE HELL IS THAT GIRL?!" "WHY IS SHE WITH MY OPPA?!" etc.
7. Those fans who think they are married/dating their bias and decide to forever announce them as theirs. What the ********?

I've given this a lot of thought in the years.
I will admit, I'm one of those international fans who prefers to listen to kpop over American music and to be honest, I think that's to my own. Everyone is different on this. I thoroughly enjoy the music. There's nothing wrong with it at all. People are fast to judge otherwise simply because it's not in English. It's still music. But in my defense, I also listen to Italian music and German music. It's not just kpop but most of the time it is. To me it's been a coping mechanism. Also, I'm highly disappointed in the current American music trends. JB and OD, Nicki Minaj? I can't stand any of them. I never have.

I have a friend who fits most of the criteria I listed for what I hate in fans. It drives me up the wall because it's at the stage where I've begun to dislike certain idols and groups because they are completely ruined for me by her. Of course she then says I'm not a real fan if I stop liking the group because of the fandom but seriously speaking, a lot of Shawols and EXOtics are ******** crazy. I stay far away from the fandom if I can.

Rainbow Unicorn

ButternutDragon
2. I hate people who photoshop themselves into photos of their group or bias then write some stupid caption like "Just oppa and I playing around", I've seen it a lot on tumblr. It bugs me a lot.
3. I can't stand people who are so biased to one person they are closed minded about other peoples' opinions and personal thoughts.
4. I HATE people who say that being fans of a rookie group isn't as good as being a fan of an older group.
5. I dislike people who go into the over-the-top stage of shipping. I mean the stage where they believe that the ship is actually real. I like shipping random idol couples for fun and for fanfiction writing but I know that they aren't actually really like that. It's just fun, but those who seriously insist certain group members are ******** in reality need to be checked out.
6. I severely hate fangirls who go apeshit when their bias posts a photo of them with a girl or a video or something; have you seen the s**t storm that does? "WHO THE HELL IS THAT GIRL?!" "WHY IS SHE WITH MY OPPA?!" etc.
7. Those fans who think they are married/dating their bias and decide to forever announce them as theirs. What the ********?

God this.

Friendly Friend

8,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Engraved On the Moon
McLovelee

This. I'll take it a step further and say I dislike when they claim kpop music is clearly superior to American/Whatever pop music. It's pop music, in Korean.

Also when they get so defensive when someone else doesn't like the same group.

This is my problem with k-pop fans and why I pretty much stopped associating myself with k-pop in general. Pop music is pop music, no matter what language it's in.

Friendly Friend

8,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ButternutDragon

Do people still say "oppa didn't mean it" whenever their bias does or says something offensive/wrong?

Friendly Friend

8,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'd say probably my biggest problem with k-pop fans is the extreme amounts of celebrity worship, like their favorite singer/group/artist/whatever can do no wrong. And they go out of their minds if you even slightly criticize their favorites.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff