Welcome to Gaia! ::

SpiicTacular
it was said that that he might plead not guilty

He's not guilty he's a hero
i like my bunnie
okay, not to start an uproar here, but what exactly's the real story here?

Trevon was convicted by Mister Zimmerman for murder then years later Trevon gave a threat note to someone then he bought a gun then the victom called mister zimmerman then he tried to find Trevon to stop him Trevon was walking to kill someone then mister zimmerman got out of the car, Trevon called the police and started screaming and crying then mister zimmerman asked Trevon to drop the gun Trevon aimed a gun at Mister zimmerman then mister zimmerman shot Trevon thats what happend

Versatile Receiver

7,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
officer green
i like my bunnie

Trevon was convicted by Mister Zimmerman for murder then years later Trevon gave a threat note to someone then he bought a gun then the victom called mister zimmerman then he tried to find Trevon to stop him Trevon was walking to kill someone then mister zimmerman got out of the car, Trevon called the police and started screaming and crying then mister zimmerman asked Trevon to drop the gun Trevon aimed a gun at Mister zimmerman then mister zimmerman shot Trevon thats what happend
yum_cupcake
~.:: The ultimate slander.
You're good. wink ::.~

Shady Zapper

officer green
i like my bunnie

Okay, and source? Otherwise...
Ladies and gentleman, I give you a troll in its natural habitat!

Friendly Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
Oh geez, this is complicated.
I don't think he'll get life or anything near it as punishment?
Will we ever know what "truly" happened? No, I don't think so.
There is no evidence against him that proves he was being violent first, is there?
If not, then he has to be freed. Can't hold someone if they're innocent.

Agreed

Unbeatable Tycoon

Dancehall Hysteria
officer green
i like my bunnie

Yeah he's hard not to miss "mister?" really?

Shady Zapper

Shadow Ra Warrior
Dancehall Hysteria
officer green
i like my bunnie

Yeah he's hard not to miss "mister?" really?

Who? Sorry, headache, things not making sense. And I have no clue about the "mister," either.
Adopted Mom
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
There is no evidence against him that proves he was being violent first, is there?

Agreed

I agree, also.

However, bias has been a huge factor in this. I'm afraid he'll be convicted simply because of racial bias and the urge for the judge (and possibly politicians) to look good in public view.

Unbeatable Raider

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
David2074
WhiteFangGirl06
Reborn Resolve
However this case goes it should not be investigated and pulled up by race claims or "civil rights" It prob wasnt a race shooting just some radical black people and media escalating it. A real Civil rights case would be against the black panthers for issuing a bounty on the head of Zimmerman.

This was a race thing no doubt about it. I mean he even called Trayvon a coon in the 911 call where the police told him to stop following Trayvon.
Def of Coon:
Slang: Disparaging and Offensive . a black person (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/coon)
2. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a Black person. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/coon)
He has made 49 other 911 calls that were similar to the one before Trayvon was killed all were about people of non white color. He also assaulted a Police officer. Thats laughable that you would think there was no civil rights case here where a kid was killed by an older male because he was black, but you call for one in the case of the new black panthers setting up a bounty that trash Zimmermans head, I say good job on the new Black panthers parts the jerk has it coming, an eye for an eye. I'm sick of the injustice and double standards about time someone took things into their own hands.

If Zimmerman is charged with the second degree murder charge he won't be in jail for life which is bs. If it was a white kid killed by a black man the black man would be sentenced to death and or life.

As I read this I couldn't help but wonder if you are able to see the racism and double standards in your own post.
And Zimmerman is listed as Hispanic, not white but what ever he was if is racist that is wrong.

A white (or in this case apparently Hispanic) man kills a black man over wrongs (real or perceived) done by the black man and you think it wrong and unjust (it is).
A black man (or in the case of the Panthers a group of black man) recommend murdering a white/hispanic man over the wrongs they perceived he did and you are all for it.
Vigilante justice is vigilante justice not matter the color of the skin of the person doing it.

As to the charge being second degree murder, they probably charged him with the most serious crime they felt they had a chance of convicting him on. There was probably some debate whether to charge him with manslaughter vs murder. The general distinction between first and second degree murder is:
"Generally, second degree murder is common law murder, and first degree is an aggravated form. The aggravating factors of first degree murder are a specific intent to kill, premeditation, and deliberation. In addition, murder committed by acts such as strangulation, poisoning, or lying in wait are also treated as first degree murder."

It would probably be MUCH easier for Zimmerman to convince a jury he did not premeditate or intent to kill Trayvon (remember, he only needs to create a reasonable doubt). "Yes I shot him but I just wanted him to stop attacking me" - or what ever. You may not agree with it from your long distance limited knowledge of the facts but you'd probably also be pissed if the they made the charge too high for the evidence they had and he walked without any conviction at all (which could still happen even with second degree).

I fail to understand why some people think illegal activities done to one group of people is okay but the same or similar activities are horrible if done to a different group of people. The only explanation I can think of is racism.

Actually Zimmerman is a mix he is cacausian/Hispanic not just hispanic. A bounty isn't only for killing there can be bounty's to have the people brought in alive not just died. You call me racist yet your defending a dude for killing a kid who did nothing to him because he thought the guy was suspecious in the guys eyes, Trayvon wasn't a man he was a teen a 16yr old who ran away when he noticed someone following him. You also say that Trayvon did something to Zimmerman yet their was no wounds on him when he went to the police station for questioning. There should be some kind of justice no matter what when there is as much evidence as in this case. I wasn't accepting vigilanty justice from one race over another the guy killed someone he has some kind of justice coming to him that is all I am saying and its the same with any other criminal. If it was a black guy killing a white kid and it was great evidence and without a doubt true ( which I am saying alot of time they don't get a whole lot of evidence before the convictions and what not.) then the person should be turned in.

Will its just lame if someone kills someone in the way he does it shouldn't be second it should be First degree and that person should go away for life if not get the death penalty, I think its the first degree that gets someone a life sentence isn't it? Your right that he might be able to convince them if they tried to charge him with first degree. I hope the jury though finds him guilty I'm glad that atleast he was arrested. All in all I think its not racism I hate him for killing the kid and doing something so horrible to the someone so young who had a life ahead of him. Guess its my need to see the justice system come through in the years just kind of seen it unfair and corrupt in most cases. >,<

Dangerous Inquisitor

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Inquisitor 200
SpiicTacular
Null Voids
SpiicTacular

Flying Lotus heart

You're the 3rd person ever to know what it means. heart heart heart

Flying Lotus ftw biggrin

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
WhiteFangGirl06
David2074
WhiteFangGirl06
Reborn Resolve
However this case goes it should not be investigated and pulled up by race claims or "civil rights" It prob wasnt a race shooting just some radical black people and media escalating it. A real Civil rights case would be against the black panthers for issuing a bounty on the head of Zimmerman.

This was a race thing no doubt about it. I mean he even called Trayvon a coon in the 911 call where the police told him to stop following Trayvon.
Def of Coon:
Slang: Disparaging and Offensive . a black person (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/coon)
2. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a Black person. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/coon)
He has made 49 other 911 calls that were similar to the one before Trayvon was killed all were about people of non white color. He also assaulted a Police officer. Thats laughable that you would think there was no civil rights case here where a kid was killed by an older male because he was black, but you call for one in the case of the new black panthers setting up a bounty that trash Zimmermans head, I say good job on the new Black panthers parts the jerk has it coming, an eye for an eye. I'm sick of the injustice and double standards about time someone took things into their own hands.

If Zimmerman is charged with the second degree murder charge he won't be in jail for life which is bs. If it was a white kid killed by a black man the black man would be sentenced to death and or life.

As I read this I couldn't help but wonder if you are able to see the racism and double standards in your own post.
And Zimmerman is listed as Hispanic, not white but what ever he was if is racist that is wrong.

A white (or in this case apparently Hispanic) man kills a black man over wrongs (real or perceived) done by the black man and you think it wrong and unjust (it is).
A black man (or in the case of the Panthers a group of black man) recommend murdering a white/hispanic man over the wrongs they perceived he did and you are all for it.
Vigilante justice is vigilante justice not matter the color of the skin of the person doing it.

As to the charge being second degree murder, they probably charged him with the most serious crime they felt they had a chance of convicting him on. There was probably some debate whether to charge him with manslaughter vs murder. The general distinction between first and second degree murder is:
"Generally, second degree murder is common law murder, and first degree is an aggravated form. The aggravating factors of first degree murder are a specific intent to kill, premeditation, and deliberation. In addition, murder committed by acts such as strangulation, poisoning, or lying in wait are also treated as first degree murder."

It would probably be MUCH easier for Zimmerman to convince a jury he did not premeditate or intent to kill Trayvon (remember, he only needs to create a reasonable doubt). "Yes I shot him but I just wanted him to stop attacking me" - or what ever. You may not agree with it from your long distance limited knowledge of the facts but you'd probably also be pissed if the they made the charge too high for the evidence they had and he walked without any conviction at all (which could still happen even with second degree).

I fail to understand why some people think illegal activities done to one group of people is okay but the same or similar activities are horrible if done to a different group of people. The only explanation I can think of is racism.

Actually Zimmerman is a mix he is cacausian/Hispanic not just hispanic. A bounty isn't only for killing there can be bounty's to have the people brought in alive not just died. You call me racist yet your defending a dude for killing a kid who did nothing to him because he thought the guy was suspecious in the guys eyes, Trayvon wasn't a man he was a teen a 16yr old who ran away when he noticed someone following him. You also say that Trayvon did something to Zimmerman yet their was no wounds on him when he went to the police station for questioning. There should be some kind of justice no matter what when there is as much evidence as in this case. I wasn't accepting vigilanty justice from one race over another the guy killed someone he has some kind of justice coming to him that is all I am saying and its the same with any other criminal. If it was a black guy killing a white kid and it was great evidence and without a doubt true ( which I am saying alot of time they don't get a whole lot of evidence before the convictions and what not.) then the person should be turned in.

Will its just lame if someone kills someone in the way he does it shouldn't be second it should be First degree and that person should go away for life if not get the death penalty, I think its the first degree that gets someone a life sentence isn't it? Your right that he might be able to convince them if they tried to charge him with first degree. I hope the jury though finds him guilty I'm glad that atleast he was arrested. All in all I think its not racism I hate him for killing the kid and doing something so horrible to the someone so young who had a life ahead of him. Guess its my need to see the justice system come through in the years just kind of seen it unfair and corrupt in most cases. >,<

You are putting some words in my mouth and seem to have misunderstood some things I said so I'll just try to hit some some various stuff.

I am in no way defending 'the dude'. I was defending the justice system and that you should give the investigators and courts a chance to do their jobs before passing judgement. There has been conflicting and incomplete information released to the public.

I commented on Zimmerman being Hispanic because an article I read said he was. I don't really care what he is, if he is guilty of murder he should be punished for it and I said so before.

I am aware a bounty CAN be just for capturing someone but some comments said it was for his murder and you said, "the jerk has it coming, an eye for an eye. I'm sick of the injustice and double standards about time someone took things into their own hands." which does not sound like you were talking about just apprehending him. You also said it after (I think) Zimmerman had turned himself in. There's no point to a capture bounty if the person has already turned himself in to the cops. So yes, it did sound like you were promoting vigilante justice.

Mad at white/hispanic guy doing something illegal to a black buy but rooting for the black guys to do something illegal to the white/hispanic guy is racist. However since you said you were not, "accepting vigilanty justice from one race over another" maybe if the Black Panthers had done something wrong to Zimmerman you'd be rooting for him to go get them. I call this racist because you don't seem to realize this is where most hate crimes come from. Somebody from group A decides somebody from group B did him wrong and decides to take the law into his own hands. Group B gets pissed about what they perceive as a wrong from Group A and they do something in retaliation and back and forth it goes. And it spreads because the people in Group A have friends and so do the people in Group B.

You also said
" If it was a white kid killed by a black man the black man would be sentenced to death and or life."
That is a very racist statement. You are saying that a (presumably) predominantly white police force and judicial system will make sure they screw over the black guy but would be lenient with the white or other races. You are calling the entire legal system 'racist' when you say that. A racist statement doesn't have to be against a black person to be racist. Do injustices sometimes happen? Sure they do. But essentially calling all cops and judges dishonest when it comes to black people is just as bad as Zimmerman thinking Trayvon was doing something wrong because he was black and wearing a hoodie. It's still racist.

You said
"You also say that Trayvon did something to Zimmerman yet their was no wounds on him "
Actually some of the reports DID say the back of Zimmerman's head was bloody, possibly supporting the story that Trayvon hit his head against the ground. I believe they mentioned another injury as well. Do I know that report was accurate? No, I don't, which brings me back to my point. There is conflicting information going around and it is unreasonable for you or me to arbitrarily decide which stories we want to believe and which ones we are going to ignore and then mentally 'convict' either party based on our chosen bias. This is what I was trying to say that you called 'defending Zimmerman'. As I said before, if I had to guess I'd go with Zimmerman being guilty but I'll wait on the courts to review all the facts.

You can go on about how it "should be first degree murder" if you want but you are ignoring the definitions of the crime.
First degree murder is any murder that is willful and premeditated. Felony murder is typically first degree.
Second degree murder is a murder that is not premeditated or planned in advance.
Voluntary manslaughter sometimes called a "Heat of Passion" murder, is any intentional killing that involved no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed." Both this and second degree murder are committed on the spot, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.

Based on the information publicly available (if accurate) it would be near impossible for a prosecutor to show Zimmerman "premeditated or planned in advance" to kill Trayvon. You can want Zimmerman to hang or fry all you want but the prosecutors and courts are bound by the law. If you got your wish of a first degree charge he would almost certainly be found not guilty of the charge and go free. And I get the general impression you would not be cool with that.

Wheezing Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The Great_Xulchibara
SpiicTacular
Null Voids
SpiicTacular

Flying Lotus heart

You're the 3rd person ever to know what it means. heart heart heart

Flying Lotus ftw biggrin

emotion_bigheart

Beloved Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
K i n g X u m o t - XVI

Trayvon was on the phone for 4 minutes and some odd seconds with his girlfriend while this altercation took place between him and Zimmerman.

On top of that, Zimmerman had called the police about Trayvon. The police told him to stay put and wait for backup. Instead, Zimmerman went and acted as to what he pleased.

CNN showed some security camera footage when the first ambulance arrived on the scene and saw to him. You'll note that there are no wounds on the back of his head.
The second amublance to see him, you'll come to see that suddenly wounds appear on the back of his head.
Zimmerman of course claims that Trayvon did this along with breaking his nose. Strange since you would think that that would show on the first tape...the wounds on the back of his head that is.

So it's little things like that.
Also they have witnesses saying that Zimmerman provoked Trayvon and continued to stalk him. The kid tried to walk away but Zimmerman wouldn't let him.

I think the fact that Zimmerman's story doesn't particularly line up with some of the facts or what evidence or parts of the story they do have....is a bit suspicious.

I will also say that CNN has stated on several discussions that Trayvon was never found to be carrying a weapon. So the kid was unarmed.
The only weapon on scene was the gun that Zimmerman had used.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff