Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Grace Gubreez
Super Fightin Prototype
Alazon
I've never understood why so many people drink coffee everyday. :/

It helps keep some people awake, though others tend to get sleepy from it. Some people just like the taste - it's certainly more pleasant than energy drinks, IMO.

Ok someone else is saying this. My friends think I'm crazy when I tell them it makes me sleepy. A starbucks lady once heard me saying it to my friends and she was like "girl you won't be sleeping tonight" (I went to starbucks at like 6pm). I thought to myself, lady isn't the customer always right? stare

Caffeine is a drug and it affects people somewhat differently.

It's not as much an issue of the customer being right or wrong as much as the employee being ignorant.

King Noob

Super Fightin Prototype
Grace Gubreez
Super Fightin Prototype
Alazon

It helps keep some people awake, though others tend to get sleepy from it. Some people just like the taste - it's certainly more pleasant than energy drinks, IMO.

Ok someone else is saying this. My friends think I'm crazy when I tell them it makes me sleepy. A starbucks lady once heard me saying it to my friends and she was like "girl you won't be sleeping tonight" (I went to starbucks at like 6pm). I thought to myself, lady isn't the customer always right? stare

Caffeine is a drug and it affects people somewhat differently.

It's not as much an issue of the customer being right or wrong as much as the employee being ignorant.

There is still a hard to break way of thinking/myth with most people that coffee is only for staying awake. Kind of annoying.

And yes very ignorant. Lucky that it wasn't a different person as it could have caused argument/problems.

King Noob

why is this news? Can't eating/drinking too much of anything kill you/affect your health?

Doesn't seem like new news.
klebold
Basically, I got from this... Don't O.D. on certain types of coffee grinds.

I drink 1 cup of coffee a day, strongly brewed (not watery) with flavored creamer. Sometimes I'll have caffeinated soda at the a**-end of my day, or iced tea. I don't see anyone drinking 5 cups a day... pretty sure anything in excessive amounts can have its health risks. I don't quite see what they're trying to prove here, since they're not making coffee out to be some hazardous chemical, seeing as how they reminded people of the benefits.

I've been drinking five to eight cups a day for over 40 years, and that is coffee, not counting soda's.

Genius

2,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Market Browser 100

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Grace Gubreez
Super Fightin Prototype
Alazon

Coffee has a funny effect on me. It makes me feel sleepy when I'm drinking it, but then later on at night when I'm trying to sleep, I'm tossing and turning because I can't seem to fall asleep at all. Apparently the caffeine doesn't start to affect me until several hours later after I drink coffee.

King Noob

Sakura Parfait
Grace Gubreez
Super Fightin Prototype
Alazon

Coffee has a funny effect on me. It makes me feel sleepy when I'm drinking it, but then later on at night when I'm trying to sleep, I'm tossing and turning because I can't seem to fall asleep at all. Apparently the caffeine doesn't start to affect me until several hours later after I drink coffee.

aw that's terrible sad

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Grace Gubreez
There is still a hard to break way of thinking/myth with most people that coffee is only for staying awake. Kind of annoying.

And yes very ignorant. Lucky that it wasn't a different person as it could have caused argument/problems.

No doubt about it. It tends to be one of those things most people don't believe unless they've experienced it for themselves, unfortunately.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Sakura Parfait
Grace Gubreez
Super Fightin Prototype
Alazon

I think caffeine has a similar effect on me. It doesn't really keep me up in the morning but if I drink Pepsi at night before I go to bed, I'll sleep for two hours then I won't be able to get back to sleep for the rest of the night.

I'm probably just a light sleeper, though. confused

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
klebold

I drink 1 cup of coffee a day, strongly brewed (not watery) with flavored creamer. Sometimes I'll have caffeinated soda at the a**-end of my day, or iced tea. I don't see anyone drinking 5 cups a day... pretty sure anything in excessive amounts can have its health risks. I don't quite see what they're trying to prove here, since they're not making coffee out to be some hazardous chemical, seeing as how they reminded people of the benefits.

I've been drinking five to eight cups a day for over 40 years, and that is coffee, not counting soda's.

Applause?

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I don't drink much coffee
klebold
Old Blue Collar Joe
klebold

Applause?

No, I just find the claims dubious at best.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Hasuki Aatisuto
Zara Jacinth
Hasuki Aatisuto

Is it just my imagination, or are you looking a bit more orange than usual?
What are you talking about? I'm completely fine! lol. Oranges are HEALTHY!

I know oranges are healthy, but there are actually reports of your skin changing color if you eat or drink too much of something.

Like how this guy actually turned blue from consuming Mercury, and other turning orange from eating too many carrots or oranges.

I know someone who's skin turned yellowish / orange from eating too many carrots. As kids they were allowed to eat as many carrots from the garden as they wanted. She overdid it. It was temporary and went away when she stopped eating carrots for a while but still interesting.

As to the article -
"The real message is that we need to have coffee in moderation.”
YUP!
True of just about everything.
I do know a coworker who probably drank five cups or more a day. He kept refilling his coffee throughout the day. That much would bug me. I usually have one cup in the morning.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff