Welcome to Gaia! ::

Frantic Fluttershy
Robotic lalanono
Frantic Fluttershy
Ratttking
Glorious Leader Luna

Crowd was intentionally blocking the road what is illegal.
Is there a stoplight? If not, then the pedestrians have the right of way. I can't believe they are not prosecuting this a*****e driver, his actions are illegal under any circumstances.
San Diego Municipal Code 83.0202 says "It shall be unlawful for any person to stand in any roadway, other than in a safety zone or in a crosswalk, if such action interferes with the lawful movement of traffic.

...but it doesn't say 'driver has the right to plow through crowd if pedestrians break law.'
lol plowed he sped up because he had a mob of idiots banging on his car and a guy sitting on the hood. Sorry i would do the same then face mob mentality

Doesn't make it right. You're still breaking the law if you hit someone. rolleyes

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Frantic Fluttershy
Ratttking
Frantic Fluttershy
Ratttking
Glorious Leader Luna

Is there a stoplight? If not, then the pedestrians have the right of way. I can't believe they are not prosecuting this a*****e driver, his actions are illegal under any circumstances.
San Diego Municipal Code 83.0202 says "It shall be unlawful for any person to stand in any roadway, other than in a safety zone or in a crosswalk, if such action interferes with the lawful movement of traffic.
They were walking, not standing, and you need to prove that they interfered with the lawful movement of traffic.
Standing/Walking you are still in the way and interfering with traffic in a intersection where i see no indication of a crosswalk. It's pretty sad people just want to put the whole blame on the driver even tho both parties screwed up. People want to claim he gunned his engine and plowed thru them but if that was the truth way more people would have been hurt. But whatever the police will deal not internet trolls that only see what they want
Well, the law you cited says 'standing'. No offense, but are you deaf? The sound of him gunning his engine is clearly heard in the video, not to mention you can see him accelerate into the crowd.
Nobody Famous
GSK Lives
Nobody Famous
What type of morons are these people? It's supposed to be a FUN thing to do. You walk, you groan. You maybe stop for pictures and pretend to attack people who KNOW its not real in photo ops.

YOU DO NOT START TO BEAT ON A CAR OR JUMP ON THE CAR OR SHATTER THE WINDSHIELD!

It is NOT funny and I hope those kids pay for the damages they've caused.

Amen. Way to give a fun little event a black eye, folks. I mean, the one I parcticipated in was for charity, and we behaved so well even the local fundies didn't give us grief over it.

I just saw the video for it. Turns out that while one or two did sit on the front of the guy's car to keep him from moving forward any more after he tried to push forward through the pedestrian traffic because he got impatient. They weren't beating on the car or jumping on it and the guy had no right to plow through the intersection the way he did.

The news stories portrayed it more as the crowd going crazy to scare people. In actuality, the driver was the one who instigated the event by trying to force his way through the pedestrians when they had right of way.

This! So much this!

Quotable Prophet

Frantic Fluttershy
Robotic lalanono
Frantic Fluttershy
Ratttking
Glorious Leader Luna

...but it doesn't say 'driver has the right to plow through crowd if pedestrians break law.'
lol plowed he sped up because he had a mob of idiots banging on his car and a guy sitting on the hood. Sorry i would do the same then face mob mentality

Which they only did because he drove forward into the cross walk where they had right of way and they were trying to stop him from continuing forward and hitting people. Which is exactly what he did. Nobody was even bothering him before then. The driver instigated it, thus he has primary responsibility.

Quotable Prophet

I feel bad for the woman. Look at this.

Props to the crowd for helping her, because the driver certainly didn't.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Nobody Famous
Frantic Fluttershy
Robotic lalanono
Frantic Fluttershy
Ratttking
Glorious Leader Luna

Which they only did because he drove forward into the cross walk where they had right of way and they were trying to stop him from continuing forward and hitting people. Which is exactly what he did. Nobody was even bothering him before then. The driver instigated it, thus he has primary responsibility.
Oh, so it is a crosswalk? Thanks for clearing that up.
Nobody Famous
I feel bad for the woman. Look at this.

Props to the crowd for helping her, because the driver certainly didn't.

...and she wasn't even one of those sitting on the hood. What exactly is her crime again?

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Ratttking
Nobody Famous
Frantic Fluttershy
Robotic lalanono
Frantic Fluttershy

Oh, so it is a crosswalk? Thanks for clearing that up.

An unmarked one (which may be leading to some confusion), but yes, a crosswalk.

Quotable Prophet

And more news! Apparently she wasn't the only one injured.

The Opposing View
Three people were reportedly hit by a car on Saturday during the "Zombie Walk," which happens during the annual San Diego Comic-Con.

Three cell phone videos (below) of the incident have been posted on YouTube.

According to the San Diego Police Department, a deaf family was in a black Honda Accord that stopped at a downtown intersection and waited for people to cross.

The Honda Accord slowly inched forward, trying to make its way through the crowd when several people allegedly hit and jumped on the car, which some witnesses disputed, noted NBC San Diego.

"His children were afraid of the large crowd," San Diego Police Officer David Stafford told CBS 8. "The car windshield was shattered by the crowd. The family was scared so the father drove forward again trying to get away from the angry crowd."

"The crowd then chased the car... as the family drove toward a police officer down the street," added Officer Stafford.

However, some witnesses say the car window was broken because the driver hit people.

The driver was reportedly cited, but not arrested. An unidentified 64-year-old woman was taken to a local hospital, but is expected to recover. Two other people also suffered minor injuries.

The Zombie Walk Twitter page has lashed out at the media:

Look, we are fairly certain we know what happened based on many eyewitness reports. Getting tired of media trying to spin this for ratings.

TMZ is disgusting and a joke. We are not commenting directly to any other media. Thank you to those who know the truth and support us <3

According to Deadline.com, a Comic-Con executive would not comment, except to say that the comic book convention has no direct affiliation with the Zombie Walk.

- See more at: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/transportation/cars/frightened-driver-hits-zombie-walk-people-san-diego-comic-con-video#sthash.KLUfpeIE.dpuf

And the account reported by witnesses says a different story than the one given by the driver:

NBC
However, witnesses in the crowd give a very different account.

After watching the scene, Sean Foley told NBC 7 the Honda driver started honking incessantly as he was stuck behind the several pedicabs and vehicles leading up to the parade on 2nd Avenue.

When he started inching forward, a parade watcher sat on his hood, Foley said. As the driver continued to accelerate, others stood in front of the car.

"People began shouting for him to stop so as not to run through a parade that included [sic] children and babies in strollers at which point he floored his car through the crowd," Foley wrote in an email.

Diana Jackson, who said she was about 10 people away, told NBC 7 on Facebook that the driver took off with such aggression "that his tires squealed."
Counter to police information, Foley said the driver's window was broken after he hit people, not before.
"The only reason he was surrounded by a crowd who was angry was because he was pushing his car through a crowd that was trying to watch the parade," said Foley.
Foley said the woman who suffered the arm injury was run over by both the front and back wheels.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Pedestrian-Hit-by-Car-Amid-ZombieWalk-Downtown-San-Diego-Comic-Con-268762861.html#ixzz38ng9qz5M
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

These accounts fit a bit more in lines with what we saw in the video. The crowd didn't react until after the car pushed forward, and they gathered around it, knocked on the windows, and one guy even sat on the hood to try to keep it from moving any further.

Maybe the driver took that as a threat, but if anything, that was the crowd reacting to the threat he made first.

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Frantic Fluttershy
Ratttking
Frantic Fluttershy
Ratttking
Glorious Leader Luna

They were walking, not standing, and you need to prove that they interfered with the lawful movement of traffic.
Standing/Walking you are still in the way and interfering with traffic in a intersection where i see no indication of a crosswalk. It's pretty sad people just want to put the whole blame on the driver even tho both parties screwed up. People want to claim he gunned his engine and plowed thru them but if that was the truth way more people would have been hurt. But whatever the police will deal not internet trolls that only see what they want

Can you ******** read? It says standing. The law doesn't agree with you that there's a problem if they are walking. It is a crosswalk, they are meant to cross it. They have right of way, the cars have to wait for pedestrians crossing. If they have to wait an hour for 10000 pedestrians then they have to wait an hour.

Even if you can't read some ******** common sense should tell you that people are allowed to walk across a crosswalk, but aren't allowed to stand. There's a difference. It's for crossing, it would be illegal if they were *not* crossing, but they were.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff