Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think Putin will accept the challenge?

Yes 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 4 ]
No 0.88235294117647 88.2% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
1 2 >

Shy Poster

It is with a heavy heart that we can confirm that Vladimir Putin has still not agreed to do the ALS ice bucket challenge.

The Russian President was nominated by Vin Diesel, who obviously performed the charity challenge in the manner of a super hero casually going about his daily chores. He also put forward Angelina Jolie and Michelle Obama (scroll down to watch the film).

If anyone was persuasively tough enough to talk Putin into drenching himself with ice cold water, it surely would be Vin Diesel, but perhaps it’s a sight we’ll never be lucky enough to see.

Although Putin has not given an outright no, his spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said the President probably wasn’t aware of the challenge – and apparently has more important things to be thinking about. Perhaps insulting Hillary Clinton and/or indulging in one of those cold baths he apparently loves.

“We've had other things on our agenda,” Peskov told Russian newspaper Lenta.ru.

All we can do is wonder at Putin’s hypothetical reaction to completing the challenge – perhaps (probably) he’d do a Lady Gaga and be silent and deadly, or maybe he’d surprise us all with a Susanna Reid/Oprah-style punishingly shrill squeal.

Other high-profile names to have taken part in the campaign, which raises money for ALS foundation, a US charity that helps sufferers of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, include Oprah, Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Lady Gaga and Charlie Sheen.

US President Barack Obama has sadly already declined his nomination and has made a donation to the foundation instead.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/vin-diesel-challenges-vladimir-putin-to-ice-bucket-challenge-his-response-was-unenthusiastic-9679309.html

Hilarious Raider

Why would you challenge a Russian to the ice bucket challenge?

Shy Poster

El Frito Bandito

I don't know. I guess Vin Diesel has no fear??

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
El Frito Bandito

To wash away some of the gay hate?

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
World leaders love to be presented with idiotic dares to publicly look foolish.
Nothing says responsible and mature like feeling obligated to do things because someone dared you to. Welcome to grade school.

Bloblike Garbage

18,265 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Divorced 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Putin would stand there just as Ross did from The Game Grumps!

Heroic Hero

xScorpio22
El Frito Bandito

I don't know. I guess Vin Diesel has no fear??

Vin Diesel... has no... emotions. He says.. "we drive"
Putin will most likely decline, because a gay man challenged him, and he can't make him disappear like he is trying to do to everyone else who challenges him.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
RyugaHayabusa
Putin will most likely decline, because a gay man challenged him, and he can't make him disappear like he is trying to do to everyone else who challenges him.

Vin is gay? Never heard.

Topic:
Anyway, Putin taking the challenge? Hmmm... regardless of who it is that challenges him, I guess it depends on several things.
Example: His sense of humor and his politics (what it would make him look like to the people of Russia)

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
It wouldn't be a challenge for Putin.

Putin challenges vin diesel in a russian sambo match blaugh

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
I love Vin Diesel, that's a bold challenge blaugh
Lord Elwrind
RyugaHayabusa

Vin is gay? Never heard.

Topic:
Anyway, Putin taking the challenge? Hmmm... regardless of who it is that challenges him, I guess it depends on several things.
Example: His sense of humor and his politics (what it would make him look like to the people of Russia)
Its a long running joke that he was gay, but as Putin would view it, even a joke is true when it comes to homosexuals.

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Realy?! No one has tried the old Yakov Smirnoff joke yet? Well, okay...

"...In America, you dunk youself with ice water in bucket.
In Russia, ice water dunks you! emotion_omnomnom "

But seriously, Vin...stop trying to be funny. Leave that to your acting skills in movies emotion_awesome

Wintry Dragon

Patton
Realy?! No one has tried the old Yakov Smirnoff joke yet? Well, okay...

"...In America, you dunk youself with ice water in bucket.
In Russia, ice water dunks you! emotion_omnomnom "

But seriously, Vin...stop trying to be funny. Leave that to your acting skills in movies emotion_awesome
lol I had a similar thought. I had thought that Russians are more used to the cold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff