• Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
Ratttking
Hot yaoilover25
Ratttking
Hot yaoilover25
Ratttking
Hot yaoilover25
I hontesly believe that she should have told her parents, have the baby ready for adoption and this would have never been brought up at all and she wouldn't be dealing with this crap. As a moral thing, no human being is be allowed to be unpunished for killing any creature, wether its her own baby or not. I don't know about killing her, but she deserves to be treated the way she treated her dead baby, tho i don't think that will happen to her. If she was raped it's not her fault for being pregnant, if she did it and gotten pregnant knowing the outcome, then it's her fault for taking a risk of doing it without protection. Either way, she should have just told her parents from the start.
Why are you and so many other posters dead certain she knew she was pregnant at all? Many women do not know they are pregnant until they give birth.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/pregnancy-and-parenting/pregnancy/issues/10-reasons-you-might-not-know-you-are-pregnant.htm

Unless you weren't a skinny twig it wouldn't be noticable. Just saying.
That makes no grammatical sense, and I see you did not bother to read the link.

I did and I don't feel like arguing really.
Do you concede the point?

yes

Hygienic Gawker

My my, that child is stupid.. Her parents probably are too, for not realizing that their child was pregnant. She doesn't deserve the death penalty, no. She's just a kid and a stupid one at that. If this story is true, that is.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Sai Sakurai
My my, that child is stupid.. Her parents probably are too, for not realizing that their child was pregnant. She doesn't deserve the death penalty, no. She's just a kid and a stupid one at that. If this story is true, that is.

I can't believe people are posting on this after it was Necro'd and with this particular thread on it being posted by a News Troll/Alt ( person who wants their real account to be hidden so they make an account for making post they think will get them in trouble and junk).

Yes, this happened. I think the girl was 13 when she gave birth and 12 when she became pregnant. The information on how she became pregnant was dicey, it may have been a relative or an adult her mother knew. It may have been a teenager they got her pregnant. They would like to have done DNA testing but things got kinda twisted and carried away when Pro-Lifers got involved in the mess, so I think they ended up not doing DNA testing given the Media frenzy.

This happens some times when an adolensent becomes pregnant. They are still developing, their brain is still developing,... then they have a parasite draining them that interfers with and changes development. As they give birth they may try to attack the thing hurting them ( even if they injure themself in the process). After giving birth they will try to kill the New Born and then they will keep it some place they can constantly check it's there or watch it. They can get stuck in the Fight or Flight responce. They have to watch the corpse because their subconcious and body still register it as something dangerous that is attacking them. So they may have anxiety non-stop the rest of their life. Any adolescent to go through this will need to be monitored when they become pregnant in the future,.. even if they are like 35 or 40, you will have to monitor them. Their brain has been wired to attack and kill the parasite that is out to get them. If they are monitored, with alot of support, then monitored through their child's infantcy, eventurally they usually reach a point when they child is a toddler that they can see their child as a child and get beyond what they were wired to defend themself from. However, all their pregnancies have to be monitored because every time they will go through this and be a threat to the unborn and new born until the child reaches a certain point in age.

It's because their brain and body was still developing,.. and unborn is really a parasite. Of course most of us love those little parasites, but that doesn't change they have to be a parasite as long as they are developing in their mother. Totally reliant on her and draining her. Some how some adolescents must develop in a way they can detect the unborn and they are paniced to get rid of it. Normally, a developing unborn produces things to hide it's self so the mother's body doesn't reject it. Eventurally, it gets too large and can't hide well enough, so the mother's body rejects it. The hope is that happens late in the third trimester when the unborn is developed enough to survive outside the mother.

I haven't looked for updates on this. The girl was being treated badly given what she may have gone through and the condition she was suffering from. I need to make it clear that this is different from the girls that just toss their baby. When women give finally deliver they are flushed with chemicals that make them euphoric and may give some amnesia of their labor. This is why after suffering through labor for a day, women are like " Oh hell yeah,.. let's have another baby!" So when a girl gives birth and tosses the baby, it may be the combo has made them delusional and made things hazey so they think the pregnancy and events currently happening are a dream. Days later they might go back to look for the baby. They don't try to kill the baby because it may not exist in their state. So, honestly, any woman giving birth should really have level headed people around them. But, it's very different for this other condition. This girl is now hardwired to kill the parasite and constantly keep an eye on it... as if the baby will suddenly get up and go on a rampage harming other innocent people.

Remember she started attacking it the moment she could feel it sticking out of her, while it was still inside her ( some articles suggested she sliced up and put stab wounds in her on privates in the process). That's how dangerous her brain was wired to preceive it. So far as I know girls to get messed up like this haven't been dangerous to pregnant women or other people's newborns. Only their pregnancy and their newborn. They do not outgrow this. They may need medication since they are trumatized and may be locked in a Fight or Flight responce.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I found a random Article from December that says she was sentenced to 18 months.

http://www.inquisitr.com/450792/cassidy-goodson-teen-who-strangled-her-newborn-son-gets-18-months-in-plea-deal

Clean Hunter

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
dddaaaayyyuuummn

Princess Sweetheart

xjjhallidayyx
This happened a few weeks ago.

I live in Florida now. This girl lives a few towns over.

I'm just unsure if you have heard about it, or not.

Ok, so here is the story.

This happened in Florida.
Their was this girl named Cassidy that was fourteen. She got pregnant, and didnt let her parents know. She went a full pregnancy without them finding out and delivered the kid, herself. She cut the cord, with scissors and got the kid out with scissors too. This stuff is sick, I know. And, then she suffocated it, and hid it in her room in a bloody shoe box. Her mum found it under her bed.

She is getting tried as an adult.

In Florida, we have capital punishment.

Do you believe she should get the death penalty?

Does no one else find it incredibly weird that she
1. Went through the full pregnancy bump and all without being noticed?
2. Cut out the baby with scissors, yet sustained no injuries that would have given her away?

Back to the point, a 14 year old shouldn't be tried as an adult. Children don't even have their brains fully developed, they don't have the life experience to know the consequences of their actions or how to solve a problem properly when their is one. A 14 year old is not legally able to consent to have sex and is not considered an adult by law, and so the whole situation should be looked at differently than it is. She killed a baby most likely out of fear that her parents would find out, out of fear knowing that she wasn't supposed to be having a child, but killing a child for killing a baby is only going to encourage more people like her who will see that no one will help them in those situations, and no one will be on their side. You have to remember that she is a CHILD herself. She needs to learn her lesson for killing another human being, but she should also be shown that there are people who will help her, and others in her situation need to know that too.

Shy Sex Symbol

Mei tsuki7
She's 14. If she's legally not able to consent to sex then she should not legally be held accountable for her actions on anything. A 14 year old should never be tried as an adult. Then again it is Florida where they tried a 12 year old as a adult as well. God Florida. WTF is wrong with you. You're saying children are equal to adults in reasoning and logical thinking. Such a thing is asinine.

I kind of disagree with you...
I think it's also got a little bit to do with the fact that she made the choice to have sex... She made the choice to not tell her parents.. She's obviously old enough to make choices....
I see where you're coming from.. But at the same time....
I wanted to post about this but I don't want any comments back that will lead to an arguement.
I am 20 and i'm currently 5 months pregnant.
When I was 14, I knew what sex was and I knew how to have a baby.
At 14 most girls are mature and have had there periods for a year or longer.
She knew what she did and to not trial her as an adult for an adult action is a bit ignorent.
I don't want to her "her brain wasnt developed because she was a child" thats complete bullshit.
She knew she had unprotected she knew she was pregnant and it was because of her childish ways that baby had to suffer. If we spoke to our children about the proper responsibilities of sex and the concequences it leads to we would have had this problem.
Teach these kids properly and early.

Party Animal

12,240 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
x3 Mayumi Chan x3
No! I mean it's wrong to kill but I guess she had her reasons, maybe she was just that desperate to not let her parents find out. She should serve time in jail or something, kill her? Nah, way too harsh!!

p***y! Would your name happen to be "Cassidy"??
I'll tell you what was "way too harsh", you whiney little s**t! What was "way too harsh" was how this Cassidy b***h apparently used scissors on a brand new life! How she suffocated the poor, defenseless infant! How she so, uncerimoniously, crammed the innocent little babe into a shoe box (a pathetic excuse for a coffin!), and HID IT UNDER HER BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She didn't even have the frickin' decency to BURY THE POOR THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope, if they chicken-s**t out of giving her the death penalty, that they spay the little b***h and make it illegal for her to be alone with anyone under the age of fifteen! She couldn't get an abortion? It would've been far better for the poor babe to have been aborted, than to have been yanked out and murdered, just seconds after birth, by it's own mother! Cassidy, that little sociopath, DOES NOT DESERVE any leniency! She deserves about as much consideration as she gave to her newborn baby!
I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD EVEN THINK THAT DEATH FOR CASSIDY MIGHT BE "WAY TOO HARSH"! What about the innocent life she gave birth to and THEN BUTCHERED!!!!!!!
Oh, and I AM an advocate for birth control, AND abortion (but only if the mother's life is in danger!). So, don't confuse me with a pro-lifer, because I am NOT one! I just think that such a neurotic little sociopath like Cassidy SHOULD NOT get away with murder!

Party Animal

12,240 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
Mei tsuki7
She's 14. If she's legally not able to consent to sex then she should not legally be held accountable for her actions on anything. A 14 year old should never be tried as an adult. Then again it is Florida where they tried a 12 year old as a adult as well. God Florida. WTF is wrong with you. You're saying children are equal to adults in reasoning and logical thinking. Such a thing is asinine.

First of all, do we now allow children to run around killing anyone and anything in sight, JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE CHILDREN??!! NO!!!!!!! Children ARE NOT THAT STUPID!!!! Don't even go there! I was a kid, once, too! I KNEW right from wrong, and I only far too aware that killing and animal - let alone another human being - WAS WRRRRROOOOOOOONG!!!!!!!! My parents NEVER HAD TO EVEN EXPLAIN THAT ONE TO ME! Why? BECAUSE IT IS COMMON SENSE! That's why! There are people who are born, mentally challenged, who are aware that murder is wrong! They KNOW it's BAD! Sociopaths must be identified at the earliest age, possible. It's damned near impossible to "heal" a sociopath, anyway, but the earlier we find them, the better of a chance we stand! If we can't cure them, then I vote for euphanasia! They do this much for rabid animals! If the animal is rabid and cannot be helped, then the only decent thing to do is to put them out of their misery!
sexysexvampire
Mei tsuki7

I think it's also got a little bit to do with the fact that she made the choice to have sex... She made the choice to not tell her parents.. She's obviously old enough to make choices....

But she could not consent to sex so she didn't really make the "choice". If she's not legally responsible for her own decisions when it comes to sex how can she be legally responsible for any other decision she makes?

Lonely Noob

Life in prison, see how other prisoners react.

Shy Sex Symbol

Mei tsuki7
sexysexvampire
Mei tsuki7

But she could not consent to sex so she didn't really make the "choice". If she's not legally responsible for her own decisions when it comes to sex how can she be legally responsible for any other decision she makes?

As controversial as it is- Sometimes the way things are "legally" is wrong... I think we can see the obviousness of that...
EarthBoundBaby
x3 Mayumi Chan x3
No! I mean it's wrong to kill but I guess she had her reasons, maybe she was just that desperate to not let her parents find out. She should serve time in jail or something, kill her? Nah, way too harsh!!

p***y! Would your name happen to be "Cassidy"??
I'll tell you what was "way too harsh", you whiney little s**t! What was "way too harsh" was how this Cassidy b***h apparently used scissors on a brand new life! How she suffocated the poor, defenseless infant! How she so, uncerimoniously, crammed the innocent little babe into a shoe box (a pathetic excuse for a coffin!), and HID IT UNDER HER BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She didn't even have the frickin' decency to BURY THE POOR THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope, if they chicken-s**t out of giving her the death penalty, that they spay the little b***h and make it illegal for her to be alone with anyone under the age of fifteen! She couldn't get an abortion? It would've been far better for the poor babe to have been aborted, than to have been yanked out and murdered, just seconds after birth, by it's own mother! Cassidy, that little sociopath, DOES NOT DESERVE any leniency! She deserves about as much consideration as she gave to her newborn baby!
I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD EVEN THINK THAT DEATH FOR CASSIDY MIGHT BE "WAY TOO HARSH"! What about the innocent life she gave birth to and THEN BUTCHERED!!!!!!!
Oh, and I AM an advocate for birth control, AND abortion (but only if the mother's life is in danger!). So, don't confuse me with a pro-lifer, because I am NOT one! I just think that such a neurotic little sociopath like Cassidy SHOULD NOT get away with murder!

It sounds like you feel very strongly about this but please, do not take your feelings about this out on me; I commented on this forum a few months ago and by the time I got one quote on my post my opinion had already started to change after hearing what someone else thought. I agree with you that it would have been much better for her to get an abortion (I myself am an advocate of birth control and abortion), and I have always thought that. I'm just not a person who believes in death penalty unless they themselves would much rather have death penalty then spend the rest of their lives in jail. Thank you for sharing your opinion with me though; although I would have much rathered you not have been so rude to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff