Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lionheart

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/kindergartener-charged-battery-why-criminalizing-kids-175600847.html

Do you agree with this line of action?
Hell, when I was six, I threw tantrums and I didn't understand half of what was going on. Is it fair to arrest them, simply because no one explained to them why it's bad to kick and bite?

The authorities really need to rethink this. They're ******** six. Let someone sit them down and talk to them; don't hold them custody.
It's a good thing a judge won't actually let this go anywhere.
I think this is a good idea, I wish that this would happen more often. lol im jk, I think it's BS too. I see this on youtube a lot and always get mad as hell when I see some fat 35 year old cop (I don't hate cops btw) handcuffing some prepubescent kid.

Lionheart

Juxtaposed the Angel
It's a good thing a judge won't actually let this go anywhere.
Imagine a wee kid in the stereotypical orange jumper and pocket knife.
emotion_facepalm

Conservative Citizen

10,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
This kid needs a good spanking from his parents and this would stop. Seriously, its not like he was one of those third graders who conspired to kill their teacher. All he did was throw a tantrum. granted a decidedly violent one, but a tantrum nonetheless.

Lionheart

Beautiful Blue Kangaroo
I think this is a good idea, I wish that this would happen more often. lol im jk, I think it's BS too. I see this on youtube a lot and always get mad as hell when I see some fat 35 year old cop (I don't hate cops btw) handcuffing some prepubescent kid.
Mmyep.
I'm a bit miffed; the worst I did when I was his age was throw tantrums and grab onto walls and furniture when I was mad.

Little buggers can really pack a punch, but just because they kicked some important dope doesn't mean they get thrown in jail.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kids can be up to worse things. Just look at Mary Bell.
This reminds me of when bad kids who appear on the Maury show get sent to jail or wherever to show them how unacceptable their behavior is. Like when 13-year-old girls turn into prostitutes and then the Maury show puts them in jail with convicts so that they see how serious their actions are.

I think that it is better to take preventative action and teach people what is and is not acceptable in their societies while they are still impressionable children rather than adults.
Ok a school principal charging a 6 year old with battery and intimidation? talk2hand

Friend

I bet that principal feels like a jackass.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Pale Maiden April
This reminds me of when bad kids who appear on the Maury show get sent to jail or wherever to show them how unacceptable their behavior is. Like when 13-year-old girls turn into prostitutes and then the Maury show puts them in jail with convicts so that they see how serious their actions are.

I think that it is better to take preventative action and teach people what is and is not acceptable in their societies while they are still impressionable children rather than adults.

While I agree with this, it amazes me how much the law prevents people from punishing their own kids. If the wrong person sees you spank your child, then child services are called. I can't remember how long ago, but a woman made her son stand outside on the porch with a sign over his body talking about his bad grades. It wasn't too hot out, he was allowed water, but she got into legal trouble over it.

I'm all for teaching them right and wrong, but I'm still bewildered that they don't want parents to do it, but they want to put these charges on kids. These charges that could stick with them for life.
Digital Fiend
While I agree with this, it amazes me how much the law prevents people from punishing their own kids. If the wrong person sees you spank your child, then child services are called. I can't remember how long ago, but a woman made her son stand outside on the porch with a sign over his body talking about his bad grades. It wasn't too hot out, he was allowed water, but she got into legal trouble over it.

I'm all for teaching them right and wrong, but I'm still bewildered that they don't want parents to do it, but they want to put these charges on kids. These charges that could stick with them for life.
What a fine line exists between "punishment" and "abuse." cat_neutral I was raised with physical punishments like spanking and slapping whenever I acted like a prissy little monster, and I support that kind of punishment for children (if the parents are capable of it. I know I could never hit a child). It is actually a lot less damaging than the emotional/mental punishment that parents nowadays must implement to teach their children a lesson, in my opinion. At least when it comes to long-term effects on the child.

But I also believe that it is better to outlaw all physical punishment of minors to save the ones who really are victims of abuse.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
So instead of giving the kid a bruised thigh or, heaven forbid, a black eye, they wanna give the kid a permanent black mark on their record that's basically taking the rest of their life and ******** it in it's a**
o -o

smooth

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Pale Maiden April
Digital Fiend

What a fine line exists between "punishment" and "abuse." cat_neutral I was raised with physical punishments like spanking and slapping whenever I acted like a prissy little monster, and I support that kind of punishment for children (if the parents are capable of it. I know I could never hit a child). It is actually a lot less damaging than the emotional/mental punishment that parents nowadays must implement to teach their children a lesson, in my opinion. At least when it comes to long-term effects on the child.

But I also believe that it is better to outlaw all physical punishment of minors to save the ones who really are victims of abuse.

I guess it's all about the lesser evil. Heck, I was spanked a few times, and it made me realize, hey, I don't like that. I guess while I feel sorry for people that are abused, I can't relate to them. My mother can, her father beat her and she has a few issues.

For me, I suppose I see it as beating and arresting are both extremes, and they can both have negative life time affects.
Yeah it sounds like the kid needs a good a** whipping. I think the cops should be bothering the parents.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff