Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
link

Quote:
'I wuv you': Adorable video of talking Texas shelter dog who barks his love to melt the hearts of passing visitors

An adorable Boston Terrier stray found on the streets of Tyler, Texas, has the unusual skill of being able to bark 'I love you' to families visiting his shelter.

Rescuers noticed his distinctive bark and say he only offers his profession of love when people are walking away because 'he thinks they're leaving him'.

Whether he knows what he sounds like or not, it appears the heart-melting ploy worked, as Domino was adopted by a family on Tuesday after nearly a month honing his skills at the shelter.

Terry Cashion, Operations Manager at the Pets Fur People shelter, told Mail Online the four-year-old pup knew what he was doing.

'When the lady adopting him came in - she's a real nice lady who has adopted from us before - she said: 'He talks to me'.

'I said: 'All our dogs talk to you' and she said: 'This one's special', so we went out and listened.
'You can plainly hear 'I love you'. He says it when you're walking away because he's worried you're leaving him. He's a sweetheart, he really is.'

Domino was found as a stray in the Texas city three weeks ago.

He was handed into the shelter and they advertised finding him, appealing for his owners to make a claim but no one came forward.

He was partially house-trained and could walk on a leash. It was also discovered he loved nothing better than a ride in a car so had clearly been owned recently before being abandoned.

On hearing the bark, Donna Bryan, couldn't help but save the dog and give him the home life he missed once again.

He is the second dog she has adopted from the shelter and will join another Boston Terrier and a Jack Russell at her home in Tyler.

Mr Cashion said they are selective at the 'no-kill' sanctuary about who should be allowed to adopt Bostons.

He says they tend to suffer allergies, which need veterinary treatment, so any new owners should know what they're getting themselves into.

'They have a really good temperament but can tend to suffer allergies,' he said.

'When we get a Boston we try to have them adopted by someone who already has one or his familiar with them. [Domino's new owner] has a 13-year-old Boston and Domino is a precious little dog, so sweet.'

There are numerous online videos of dogs whose owners believe they are speaking.

Another famous Domino was a TV star in the UK in 1988 after his owners discovered he could say 'I want one' when they were at the dinner table.

Sweet Humorist

15,425 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Informer 100
aww thanks for posting this. heart cute stories like this make my day. this hit my heart strings . cat_biggrin

Friendly Wench

'I said: 'All our dogs talk to you' and she said: 'This one's special'
How I felt when I found my doggy soulmate in a shelter that I frequent. I was like "Yup. That's the one. Pack him up , he is going home with me! heart "

Magical Star

Thank you for sharing this news article, Vampirate Kitsune. 3nodding

I love reading and hearing heart-warming stories like this. heart

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
You know it's a slow news day when Dogs saying "I love you" is the news of the day.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
PantheaMarlon
You know it's a slow news day when Dogs saying "I love you" is the news of the day.

I posted at least a dozen war, gore, and other bad news stories the same day. Is it so bad to post something happy once in a while?

Dapper Lunatic

13,025 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

It's so nice to see a happy story for a change =)

Thanks, VK!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PantheaMarlon

Sometimes we need these types of news stories.

Friendly Wench

PantheaMarlon

Would you prefer to just read the same negative "big" stories over and over? If you can look at the rest of the posts, clearly a lot of us like a little bit of happy news, no matter where it comes from.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff