Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Alexander J Luthor
crystalpraise
It's called "Ebonics" it is a very fun version of English...lol

So you're labeling yourself as Black and ignorantly illiterate at the same time? Glad we got that down. And you're wrong again. Ebonics is what you hear in a lot of rap songs. Replacing letters with numbers, words with numbers, words with singular letters, and just being too lazy to write properly is an internet jargon commonly referred to as "1337" or "leet", a shortened form of "elite", due to the partial belief that it was a better form of short hand back when the fledgling internet required far more code type than was necessary, and also a snarky code system like the matrix screen saver. A hilarious misconception nowadays because it's more assumes that someone who cannot use their whole keyboard on such a simple format is either dyslexic, amputated, lazy, or half retarded. Much like the twats on social media who have one of the world's greatest inventions in their pocket, equipped with spell-check, and they still write like ******** parrots.

What are you rascist what is wrong with being Black! And Jesus says that anyone who believes on him will have everlasting life heart
So once you are saved you are going to go to heaven because nothing can separate you from the love of God when you hear some Christians say otherwise they do not know scriptures or they are just trying 2 scare you...lol

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
crystalpraise
Alexander J Luthor
crystalpraise

So you're labeling yourself as Black and ignorantly illiterate at the same time? Glad we got that down. And you're wrong again. Ebonics is what you hear in a lot of rap songs. Replacing letters with numbers, words with numbers, words with singular letters, and just being too lazy to write properly is an internet jargon commonly referred to as "1337" or "leet", a shortened form of "elite", due to the partial belief that it was a better form of short hand back when the fledgling internet required far more code type than was necessary, and also a snarky code system like the matrix screen saver. A hilarious misconception nowadays because it's more assumes that someone who cannot use their whole keyboard on such a simple format is either dyslexic, amputated, lazy, or half retarded. Much like the twats on social media who have one of the world's greatest inventions in their pocket, equipped with spell-check, and they still write like ******** parrots.

What are you rascist what is wrong with being Black! And Jesus says that anyone who believes on him will have everlasting life heart
So once you are saved you are going to go to heaven because nothing can separate you from the love of God when you hear some Christians say otherwise they do not know scriptures or they are just trying 2 scare you...lol

I'm not racist, though that's a funny accusation from a homophobe. I'm just wondering why someone would gladly play up a bad stereotype.

And I suspected you were a generic Christian! And a stupid one at that. Damn...
Quote:
And Jesus says that anyone who believes on him will have everlasting life heart

Have fun hanging out with all the gay Christians who make it to heaven. All you have to do is believe, right? None of that pesky reading needed! If God wanted you to read he'd give you the ability to walk right out of your mother's v****a and give her a hearty "hello" before working on His next verse, right? Your parents wouldn't have to sit there and work with you from infancy, your teachers would have nothing to teach you, you would gain nothing by interacting with friends and colleagues.

Quote:
Both are a sin in my eyes because God believes in order and leaving a legacy 2 men cannot have children and 2 women cannot...
Quote:
nothing can separate you from the love of God when you hear some Christians say otherwise they do not know scriptures or they are just trying 2 scare you

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well that was easy...

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Alexander J Luthor
crystalpraise
Alexander J Luthor
crystalpraise

I'm not racist, though that's a funny accusation from a homophobe. I'm just wondering why someone would gladly play up a bad stereotype.

Quote:

Have fun hanging out with all the gay Christians who make it to heaven. All you have to do is believe, right? None of that pesky reading needed! If God wanted you to read he'd give you the ability to walk right out of your mother's v****a and give her a hearty "hello" before working on His next verse, right? Your parents wouldn't have to sit there and work with you from infancy, your teachers would have nothing to teach you, you would gain nothing by interacting with friends and colleagues.

Quote:
Both are a sin in my eyes because God believes in order and leaving a legacy 2 men cannot have children and 2 women cannot...
Quote:
nothing can separate you from the love of God when you hear some Christians say otherwise they do not know scriptures or they are just trying 2 scare you

Well that was easy...

Calm down lol, God wants us to live fulfilling lives on Earth everything is not just about trying to make it 2 heaven...And if a person who thinks that they are gay believes that Jesus died for them they can go to Heaven, you should spend more time focusing on the truth rather than trying to sound intelligent,life isn't about trying to prove your point all of the time and not hearing what people are trying to tell u heart

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
crystalpraise
Alexander J Luthor
crystalpraise
Alexander J Luthor
crystalpraise

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Well that was easy...

Calm down lol, God wants us to live fulfilling lives on Earth everything is not just about trying to make it 2 heaven...And if a person who thinks that they are gay believes that Jesus died for them they can go to Heaven, you should spend more time focusing on the truth rather than trying to sound intelligent,life isn't about trying to prove your point all of the time and not hearing what people are trying to tell u heart

You are completely leaving out the part where you put yourself in God's shoes and judged them as you first said he would, then said he would not, as if it was your right to judge in the first place. How can I focus on the truth when clearly it's as sensible as the Mad Hatter? First I'm going to hell for supporting gay rights. Now, since helping gays reach an equal status to me is fulfilling, I'm going to heaven. Gays are going to hell for being gay, but if they love Jesus, they go to heaven.

I love how you have no idea just how insulting that is. How straight do you think you are? Clearly by your standards everyone is bisexual and we choose to be either straight or gay.

Timid Conversationalist

crystalpraise
Catastrophic Lullaby
crystalpraise
Arcoon Effox
crystalpraise
Gay marriage is definitely a sin in my eyes so I'm not supporting it or anything but no one deserves to be mistreated so badly!
1. Is it just gay marriage that you think is a sin, or homosexuality in general?

2. Why is gay marriage and/or homosexuality "definitely a sin in your eyes"?

So sterile people are going to hell? Why would your god create people that he knows will go to hell regardless of how they live their lives or believe in it? If relationships were purely about ability to reproduce than things such as love, compassion, and mutual respect are not only at least second but possibly not required for a successful relationship at all. Why would your god have created people who fall in love with the same gender and then tell them that they aren't good enough as people who love the opposite gender. Was your god being cruel or did he make a mistake? And either way - why call it a God then?
Quote:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
— Epicurus

God is love and love gives freewill if people choose to do evil God isn't just going to interrupt because that would go against freewill!

Free will and the god of the bible are not concepts that really go together. That deity is all knowing (omniscient) and therefore, nothing could be done that that deity already knows would happen. You could not ask it a question that it could not answer, even if it did not happen yet. Therefore, you're saying the god of the bible created homosexuality, created people who would fall in love with other people of their gender, and then decided they either can live their life happy with someone they loved and be infinity tortured for their finite crime, or live a life where they aren't themselves. But that all knowing deity would already know what they would choose, so there wouldn't be free will anyway.

Your answer does not make sense unless you're in favour of a different deity than the biblical one.

And defining love as either be yourself or closet yourself and live the way you're told and be unhappy or face ridicule and eternal, infinite torture is something I find rather disgusting. Especially if you're saying a man who loves another man is god and then saying that that godliness is wrong. Your creating very inaccurate, loose, and dishonest definitions of whatever deity your discussing here.

Also - not everyone is sterile because they chose to be sterile. You completely dodged the question, which is not how an honest debate works. So I must ask again: Was your god being cruel or did he make a mistake?

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Catastrophic Lullaby
crystalpraise
Catastrophic Lullaby
crystalpraise
Arcoon Effox
1. Is it just gay marriage that you think is a sin, or homosexuality in general?

2. Why is gay marriage and/or homosexuality "definitely a sin in your eyes"?

So sterile people are going to hell? Why would your god create people that he knows will go to hell regardless of how they live their lives or believe in it? If relationships were purely about ability to reproduce than things such as love, compassion, and mutual respect are not only at least second but possibly not required for a successful relationship at all. Why would your god have created people who fall in love with the same gender and then tell them that they aren't good enough as people who love the opposite gender. Was your god being cruel or did he make a mistake? And either way - why call it a God then?
Quote:
— Epicurus

God is love and love gives freewill if people choose to do evil God isn't just going to interrupt because that would go against freewill!

Free will and the god of the bible are not concepts that really go together. That deity is all knowing (omniscient) and therefore, nothing could be done that that deity already knows would happen. You could not ask it a question that it could not answer, even if it did not happen yet. Therefore, you're saying the god of the bible created homosexuality, created people who would fall in love with other people of their gender, and then decided they either can live their life happy with someone they loved and be infinity tortured for their finite crime, or live a life where they aren't themselves. But that all knowing deity would already know what they would choose, so there wouldn't be free will anyway.

Your answer does not make sense unless you're in favour of a different deity than the biblical one.

And defining love as either be yourself or closet yourself and live the way you're told and be unhappy or face ridicule and eternal, infinite torture is something I find rather disgusting. Especially if you're saying a man who loves another man is god and then saying that that godliness is wrong. Your creating very inaccurate, loose, and dishonest definitions of whatever deity your discussing here.

Also - not everyone is sterile because they chose to be sterile. You completely dodged the question, which is not how an honest debate works. So I must ask again: Was your god being cruel or did he make a mistake?

Bad things happen because of the Devil...
I'm cool with gay, straight, multi, or any kind of marriages just as long as I'm not forced to accept a specific way of life just to make someone else more comfortable

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
Bokee Gngr
Arcoon Effox
Bokee Gngr
I do not think we will ever see eye to eye in all things but i do think that we are both intelligent people with valid points.
We've both made valid points, you say...?

You said that the Constitution doesn't entitle homosexuals to get married, and I debased that idea by pointing out how it doesn't say anything about them not being able to get married.
Actually you saying that the constitution says nothing about them not getting married in now way debases anything. In fact, it makes my point stronger which was originally that people who throw around "it's unconstitutional to deny marriage" need to understand what is said about gay marriage in the constitution which is ....nothing at all.
Oh, is that what you were saying...? Well, then, I hate to break this to you, but that doesn't actually strengthen your point Argument from Silence at all.

The reason people say that denying gay marriage is unconstitutional is because doing so violates the 9th & 14th amendments, which (among other things) ensures that everyone has the same rights as everyone else, at both a federal and state level.
Bokee Gngr
Arcoon Effox
You said Sodom and Gomorrah was about sexual immorality, and I gave you a Biblical reference which shows it was not.
You're verse doesn't disprove homosexuality role in Sodom at all. What was the reason of the war between the states? Is saying that slavery played a part mean that the economy and political issues didn't? Not at all. Just as at the time of Noah it wasn't God choosing one sin to say 'ok those people have been killing and lying but since those over there started getting drunk I"m going to destroy everyone... but it was everything and all the evil in the world.
Oh, look; another Argument from Silence.

If you're going to treat the Bible as a historical document, you have to go by what it says - and what it says is that Sodom's sin was arrogance and pride. You can infer things from it all day long (classic examples of this include the Rapture and Trinity), but inference is different than fact.
Bokee Gngr
Arcoon Effox
You presented a circular argument (which, by being fallacious, are never a valid form of reasoning), and you gave me nothing to suggest it was anything else.
I have no clue what you see as a circular argument.
That would be the part where you begged the question of a perfect being (God) as a basis for why Human morals were "imperfect".

Begging the question is a form of circular reasoning that occurs when the conclusion of an argument is fallaciously used as a premise for that same argument i.e., the premises would not work if the conclusion wasn't already assumed to be true.
Bokee Gngr
Arcoon Effox
I presented an argument for how I was more moral than God, and you gave me no counter-point to suggest that God commanding ethnic cleansings wasn't immoral.
I do not see where you gave a valid argument that you are more moral than the God of the Bible.
Then why did you tell me I made a valid point about it...?
Bokee Gngr
Your argument is much like saying when the doctor tells you that you're near sighted that "I do not need glasses because my next door neighbor is blind".
neutral ...actually my argument is nothing even resembling that.

It was: "I don't command people to annihilate entire cultures because they don't worship me, but God does."
Bokee Gngr
If we use your reasoning you're saying that you are more moral than the God of the Bible because your wrongdoings or things seen as immoral aren't as bad. However, if one uses the Bible as their moral code then they believe that ALL SINS are equal and therefore a murderer is just as immoral as someone who steals five bucks from a rich person.
So, you're going to assert that the Bible's morals somehow trump my own or anyone else's, are you? Well, then, I guess that means God is as immoral as the rest of us, now doesn't it...?

Unless... God somehow gets a free pass? Let me guess: He's God, so he can kill whoever he wants? That's a pretty popular justification, I suppose — but it's also the death of any assertions about an absolute morality, because "The Agent Justifies the Action" is just as morally relativistic as "The Ends Justifies the Means".

So, which is it? Is God as immoral as I am, or am I more moral than him because I've never committed genocide? You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

...Anyway, that pretty much answered my question about whether or not you were just trying to save face with a resounding "yes". Thanks.

Timid Conversationalist

crystalpraise
Catastrophic Lullaby
crystalpraise
Catastrophic Lullaby
crystalpraise

Quote:
— Epicurus

You're dodging the question again question again. If your answer is 'I don't know' than that would be an honest answer but you're just jumping through circular hoops now. You are being dishonest to everyone here and yourself. You're grasping at little straws and make no sense and were already explained to you.

Your god created the Satan character. As all-powerful and all-knowing being such as your deity he knew what satan would and would not do before any of it happened if you're following your biblical mythology. If Satan is evil than your god, who created Satan knowing he do would what he did, made Satan to do those such "evil acts". And in the biblical mythological stories, Satan was far less disgusting than the god character. He killed two people under that gods command yet that god set out on a path of death and genocide throughout his entire book. We just discussed this in the very previous post. If you're saying you don't care what is true and therefore you're going to spout nonsense, than why come here and pretend you have someone legitimate to add to the conversation of equality when you're going to sick up for a mythological genocidal maniac of a deity that you have presented zero evidence for it's existence let alone why anything such a tyrant would say should be followed by anyone.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Catastrophic Lullaby
crystalpraise

You're dodging the question again question again. If your answer is 'I don't know' than that would be an honest answer but you're just jumping through circular hoops now. You are being dishonest to everyone here and yourself. You're grasping at little straws and make no sense and were already explained to you.

Your god created the Satan character. As all-powerful and all-knowing being such as your deity knew what satan would and would not do before any of it happened if you're following your biblical mythology. Therefore, your god specifically created evil and let it do what it would. In a sense, your god is Satan.

User Image
I'm sorry... No I'm not.

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
You fail to see that YOU are the one that said that the constitution says nothing about Gays not being able to marry or being able to now you wish to change your mind?

You fail to see that Sodom and Gomorah were destroyed for their sins sinS one of which was homosexuality. Can you please explain to us if you feel that homosexuality played no part at all why God would look over THAT sin and punish every single other sin there? Keeping in mind that the Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination, sin against self and God etc. so using the Bible account one must view homosexuality as a sin to begin with. So now, why do you feel God chose all other sins but not homosexuality to punish them for AND if it was not for that why did he not save the homosexuals from the destruction if their only sin was being gay?

Gaian

Bokee Gngr
Replying to someone on these forums without actually quoting them is both underhanded and, in the case of a debate between philosophies like this, can be seen as cowardly.

Timid Conversationalist

Bokee Gngr
You fail to see that YOU are the one that said that the constitution says nothing about Gays not being able to marry or being able to now you wish to change your mind?

You fail to see that Sodom and Gomorah were destroyed for their sins sinS one of which was homosexuality. Can you please explain to us if you feel that homosexuality played no part at all why God would look over THAT sin and punish every single other sin there? Keeping in mind that the Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination, sin against self and God etc. so using the Bible account one must view homosexuality as a sin to begin with. So now, why do you feel God chose all other sins but not homosexuality to punish them for AND if it was not for that why did he not save the homosexuals from the destruction if their only sin was being gay?

Well that is a bit cowardly not quoting me if this was even addressed to me (as I don't think the constitution part was and if so, I would like to see the context that you failed to quote).

Quote:
I don't understand what you're claiming here.

Quote:
Can you please explain to us if you feel that homosexuality played no part at all why God would look over THAT sin and punish every single other sin there?
How is raping an angel considered a homosexual act? I don't think you have a proper understanding of your mythology or what homosexuality is. From Dictionary.com: "sexual desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one's own sex." (source link: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/homosexuality?s=t). An androgynous being and a male is not homosexual. Also what 'all other sins' and why would I, someone who does not believe in your deity, want to make someone else suffer over? I would be ashamed to walk into a heaven made for bigoted and oppressing people. I would rather suffer the damnation with the good and innocent.

Quote:
So now, why do you feel God chose all other sins but not homosexuality to punish them for
Again - what are you talking about? You're jumping all over the place.

Quote:
Keeping in mind that the Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination, sin against self and God etc

1. How do you feel about other believers in the same mythology as you that believe that you have it all wrong about homosexuality being a sin? And if you're going to keep saying Soddom and Gommarah than you literally have nothing as I feel you're twisting the story around to try and fit your emotional issues with homosexuality.

2. How is homosexuality a sin against oneself? I've gone over this with you at least twice, but instead of presenting a logical counter claim or anything of subsistence you ignore it and try to pretend that you can poof facts out of existence to make what you want to believe seem more appealing. That is not how life works. Your version of god is all-knowing and all-powerful (as well as everywhere at once at all times). If I were to make the two wild assertions that (1) this deity exists and (2) he created all of us, than he would have created us intentionally, unless you feel he made a mistake, which is a question I have asked three times now without a response from you. Whether you say yes or no to the question you have some problems because your version of god is all-knowing and all-powerful, and therefore he wouldn't have made a mistake. And as an all-knowing creator, he knew every single thing before it happened. He made people knowing they would be homosexual and knowing that they would love someone as the same gender. You're claiming that your god created certain people solely to be abominations and to live a miserable and repressed life on earth and have eternal damnation and torture forevermore and after simply for being born as your god created them to be. That is absolutely an insane assertion.

3. You haven't given one shred of evidence to attest that your version of you god from the bible even exists so why should anyone suppress a group of people in the name of that version of deity? And even if miraculously your version ut of the thousands of different mythologies on the Hebrew god actually was real than I would gladly go to hell knowing that I treated people more decently than your god.

You continually avoid discussing points that I bring up and use shoddy tactics to dodge around the discussion while trying to make the wildest of assertions. You have very little knowledge about biblical text, especially the Old Testament. You do not understand the nature of your god and you keep making completely contradictory statements about it. It is perfectly okay to not know about these things and say you don't know. That is natural but it is incredibly dishonest to try and talk about oppressing an entire group of people based off of broken fragments of a theology that you have extremely little understanding in.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
Lulamoon Sage
Thanks for letting me know about this.
Catastrophic Lullaby
She's talking to me, Lullaby. My guess is that she was trying to get the "last word" or something by making it so I wouldn't receive a notice when she responded to me...which really was pathetic and cowardly, wasn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bokee Gngr
I never changed my mind, only misunderstood what it was you were saying at first. Once I realized your "valid point" was actually that people don't have any basis for talking about the unconstitutionality of denying gay marriage, I showed you that you were still wrong.

As such, your choice to attack me, rather than the point I made about the 9th and 14th Amendments makes this feel like something of a red herring. Wow... you really are desperate to save face, aren't you?
Bokee Gngr
You fail to see that Sodom and Gomorah were destroyed for their sins sinS one of which was homosexuality.
No; you fail to grasp that if we're going to take the Bible as a historical document, and it says a certain thing, then you go by what that document says. It's really not that complicated.
Bokee Gngr
Can you please explain to us if you feel that homosexuality played no part at all why God would look over THAT sin and punish every single other sin there?
How the hells am I supposed to do that? The only resource I have to go by is the Bible, and we both know what it says on the issue... and what it does not. Like I said before, you can infer things all day long, but that doesn't make those inferences accurate.
Bokee Gngr
Keeping in mind that the Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination, sin against self and God etc. so using the Bible account one must view homosexuality as a sin to begin with.
Because of God's unchanging, absolute morality, right...? That morality which can be seen to evolve throughout the course of the Bible? rolleyes (Speaking of which, since you completely abandoned the point of God being immoral after my last comment about it, I'll take that as you conceding that I'm more moral than God, or that he's as immoral as I am; either way I'm satisfied.)

Now, while I wouldn't be particularly surprised about God punishing someone for doing something they didn't know was "against the rules", the fact of the matter is that the Bible's stance on homosexuality isn't established until the book of Leviticus... which, chronologically speaking, takes place several hundred years after God glassed Sodom and Gomorrah.

A decent example of this can be seen some ten verses after Lot and company flee Sodom, when he knocks up his daughters. If I'm not mistaken, incest is also frowned upon by God, right...? Yet that "one righteous man" nor his girls receive any sort of punishment for it. Why? Because it hasn't been established as a sin, yet, since (again) this happens prior to Leviticus.
Bokee Gngr
So now, why do you feel God chose all other sins but not homosexuality to punish them for...
How in the blue ******** am I supposed to know what God thinks...? I'm not a narcissistic mass-murderer who would create a race of living dolls and then obsess about their sex lives, so I have no idea how his mind works...
Bokee Gngr
...AND if it was not for that why did he not save the homosexuals from the destruction if their only sin was being gay?
stare I never suggested that "their only sin was being gay", so don't put words in my mouth to try and deflect the issue, OK? I know you're both intellectually dishonest and desperate, but it's not going to work, so don't waste both our time with it.

That said: God believes in guilt by association, and also rarely discriminated in his mass killings, and stories like that of the Midianite massacre and Jephthah show us that he has absolutely zero consideration for collateral damage. That means that if they were there, they were toast salt, regardless of anything else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff