Welcome to Gaia! ::

So according to this article, I'm eating too much chocolate, even though I just buy one large bar of chocolate once a year or never? K. (After all, it does say "all of you" )

Conservative Regular

Strawberry Star Jelly
So according to this article, I'm eating too much chocolate, even though I just buy one large bar of chocolate once a year or never? K. (After all, it does say "all of you" )

See if you only got a small bar of chocolate once a year we would not be in this mess.

Wintry Dragon

To the supermarket! Where's my purse?
Texadar
Strawberry Star Jelly

See if you only got a small bar of chocolate once a year we would not be in this mess.

When I say one large bar of chocolate, I meant this. All Lindt chocolate where I live are packaged like that.

Alien Wife

12,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Gray Flashbacks
TBH, just cut down production of chocolaty things and stop wasting.
I've never seen all the chocolate in a bin be bought all up.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. We waste so much food and opt for throwing it out rather than share with those in need. I see no reason why they can't cut down on production, especially since it's a nonessential food.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Meanwhile:

The York Peppermint Patty and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups have made their return of... the half pound candy. emotion_omnomnom

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Lord Elwrind
Meanwhile:

The York Peppermint Patty and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups have made their return of... the half pound candy. emotion_omnomnom

And the 1 pound Snickers bar.
No we're not. Chocolate companies want to rack up prices while again reducing the amount of real chocolate they put in their products. Most chocolate is made with palm oil, which is grown by devastating rainforests and in parts of Africa run by mobsters and small dictators and processed and grown by child slavery (I'm not making an ooompa loompa joke).

Most anyone in a first world can buy a coco plant for their greenhouse and either make chocolate themselves (homemade is VERY good when done right) or sell the unprocessed beans. There's more than one franchise of magazines/sites that tell you how to make your own chocolate bars.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Moral Gutpunch
No we're not. Chocolate companies want to rack up prices while again reducing the amount of real chocolate they put in their products. Most chocolate is made with palm oil, which is grown by devastating rainforests and in parts of Africa run by mobsters and small dictators and processed and grown by child slavery (I'm not making an ooompa loompa joke).

Most anyone in a first world can buy a coco plant for their greenhouse and either make chocolate themselves (homemade is VERY good when done right) or sell the unprocessed beans. There's more than one franchise of magazines/sites that tell you how to make your own chocolate bars.

Actually, in regards to the first three words... yes they are. The rest is true - most of it. We can still get chocolate that does not have palm oil.
They have been telling us about the fungus for about a decade now. The fungus is a problem because of how they keep their plantations. There is an 'environment' that is healthier for the plants, but they are not doing that in Africa that I know of.
Oh and chocolate companies have been raising prices for other reasons anyway. Prices on sugar have risen as well as the cost of transportation for the sugar (and other ingredients)

There are still sources of chocolate that come from South America too, however. Most of that you can find in your organic grocery isle and in other various spots. It would be easier for the growers down there to produce it if it weren't for... a lot of things that inhibits their efforts (and basically the farmers only get 5 cents on the dollar too).

Personally, I would love to grow my own. But that has problems in and of itself some of which I will not mention. What I will say is, I don't have a greenhouse. I live in an apartment and it gets too cold here anyway.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Chocorat has been upped to 20 grams. Double plus good!
User Image

Merry Bunny

7,500 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I feel more bad about the people going to lose their jobs at some point. I'd go for a price increase on chocolate. It would also help my unhealthy addiction to it, maybe.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Funny,some of those chocolates sure don't seem to taste like ' real cocoa' in the first place.><;

Magical Bunny

14,350 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
i think this is y ppl say chocolate is bad 4 u. mrgreen

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
Maybe they should just make more white chocolate. It doesn't use as much cocoa, in fact, I think most of it is vanilla and milk, maybe.
And if people don't like white chocolate, ******** 'em, I'll eat it all for you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff