Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

Malee
Chibi Halo
Malee
Chibi Halo
          This is worse than LA right now.

The LA riots lasted for days, lets hope it doesn't get to that.

Those were bad but you didn't hear of people intentionally going there to riot and loot no matter what the decision and back then there wasn't the viral nature of social media fanning the flames. Things have jumped neighborhoods and there's a Walgreens, a Little Caesar's, and possibly a Toys R Us on fire. I know the Toys R Us was severely looted according to KMOX radio.

53 people died, there were thousands injured and thousands of fires set, it lasted 5 days. Yes this is bad now, but they don't begin to compare to the LA riots.

This whole situation is just so frustrating. Destroying your own home town does nothing to get your message out. Places people will visit, that are owned and staffed by members of their own community. How many of their neighbors are now out of a job?

Well we can say goodbye to the Autozone now. They're losing the Walgreens, the Autozone, a Little Caesar's, and the Toys R Us is a mess. Once one business is on fire another follows. And now KMOX is saying KMOV is reporting an officer being shot. And they're saying the police presence isn't there at all, at least to the degree they were told by the governor, mayor, and local police chiefs were saying they'd have.

Clean Businessman

I can't begin to understand any of this.

They aren't making a statement- Well, correction, they are. But it isn't the statement the family nor the peaceful organizers wanted. They are saying that they want heavy police presence, that they want a military ruled area. They have no idea what they are bringing down on themselves, and they don't care. This is just violence, firefighters can't even go to these burning buildings because of these rioters. This town is going to be empty soon, all of us watching livestreams or the news are watching this town die a slow death. I don't understand it.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Chibi Halo
Malee
Chibi Halo
Malee
Chibi Halo
          This is worse than LA right now.

The LA riots lasted for days, lets hope it doesn't get to that.

Those were bad but you didn't hear of people intentionally going there to riot and loot no matter what the decision and back then there wasn't the viral nature of social media fanning the flames. Things have jumped neighborhoods and there's a Walgreens, a Little Caesar's, and possibly a Toys R Us on fire. I know the Toys R Us was severely looted according to KMOX radio.

53 people died, there were thousands injured and thousands of fires set, it lasted 5 days. Yes this is bad now, but they don't begin to compare to the LA riots.

This whole situation is just so frustrating. Destroying your own home town does nothing to get your message out. Places people will visit, that are owned and staffed by members of their own community. How many of their neighbors are now out of a job?

Well we can say goodbye to the Autozone now. They're losing the Walgreens, the Autozone, a Little Caesar's, and the Toys R Us is a mess. Once one business is on fire another follows. And now KMOX is saying KMOV is reporting an officer being shot. And they're saying the police presence isn't there at all, at least to the degree they were told by the governor, mayor, and local police chiefs were saying they'd have.

I saw on CNN that they were talking to some man (I assume he was a local report) and he was asking one of them young men burning down a liquor store why he was doing it. It was to bring attention to their cause, somehow if they burn down their city people will start talking about justice inequality instead of talking about how ridiculous these folks are for burning down their own city.

Noble Shade

10,675 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Excessium Serpens

They aren't making a statement- Well, correction, they are. But it isn't the statement the family nor the peaceful organizers wanted. They are saying that they want heavy police presence, that they want a military ruled area. They have no idea what they are bringing down on themselves, and they don't care. This is just violence, firefighters can't even go to these burning buildings because of these rioters. This town is going to be empty soon, all of us watching livestreams or the news are watching this town die a slow death. I don't understand it.
I do....Its saddening but I do. We are watching what happens when everyone has a right but no-one has a responsibility, When When people ask what can I get, not what can I give.....

Clean Businessman

The Lonely Nightshade
Excessium Serpens

I do....Its saddening but I do. We are watching what happens when everyone has a right but no-one has a responsibility, When When people ask what can I get, not what can I give.....

You're very right. The most that can be hoped for is that this ends tonight. That these people don't spring up again tomorrow wanting more of the same. Regardless of views on the verdict, everyone can agree that this is ridiculous.

Time-traveling Senshi

Malee
I saw on CNN that they were talking to some man (I assume he was a local report) and he was asking one of them young men burning down a liquor store why he was doing it. It was to bring attention to their cause, somehow if they burn down their city people will start talking about justice inequality instead of talking about how ridiculous these folks are for burning down their own city.

That's not going to have people want to help them. Fire fighters can't put out the fires because people are shooting at each other. They can't safely service their city. I know I wouldn't want my cousin to go and fight a fire in a place where people might shoot at him. This is only going to make their cause worse.

Okay we can now add a Titlemax Title Loans store or an Enterprise Rental Car location to the list of what's burning. The KMOX reporter can't tell what's burning now. And now the local Fashions R Boutique is looted and burning.

Excessium Serpens
The Lonely Nightshade
Excessium Serpens

You're very right. The most that can be hoped for is that this ends tonight. That these people don't spring up again tomorrow wanting more of the same. Regardless of views on the verdict, everyone can agree that this is ridiculous.

Don't count on it. I hear there's going to be press conferences tomorrow. I think the suspect's parents and Al Sharpton are going to speak. You also probably will hear something from the NAACP and other supporters as they magnify this further.

Clean Businessman

WeaponOmega
Excessium Serpens
The Lonely Nightshade
Excessium Serpens

Don't count on it. I hear there's going to be press conferences tomorrow. I think the suspect's parents and Al Sharpton are going to speak. You also probably will hear something from the NAACP and other supporters as they magnify this further.

Someone else who is very right. I'm watching CNN and I've seen these 'protesters' attacking their people on the streets. Just seconds ago hitting one of them in the head with a rock and continuing to throw rocks at them. I'm just losing hope here.

Noble Shade

10,675 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Excessium Serpens
The Lonely Nightshade
Excessium Serpens

It will continue, This will be held as a banner as a example of racism in America, Just as Trayvon, Brown will be a martyr for there racism clams, regardless of facts.....
Excessium Serpens
WeaponOmega
Excessium Serpens
The Lonely Nightshade
Excessium Serpens

Someone else who is very right. I'm watching CNN and I've seen these 'protesters' attacking their people on the streets. Just seconds ago hitting one of them in the head with a rock and continuing to throw rocks at them. I'm just losing hope here.

I'm checking my local news stations since I live about 15 to 20 minutes east of there. An officer got shot in U City, uncertain if this was connected to the Ferguson Riots. Also, they began to raze yet another building.

Alien Star

20,425 Points
  • Nova Novice 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
According to the news, reporters are even getting attacked.

Clean Businessman

Empress Enelda
According to the news, reporters are even getting attacked.

The CNN reporter, Sara Sidner (Had it incorrect earlier, my apologies.) I believe was struck by a rock minutes ago after being forced to stop recording by 'protesters' earlier. Her getting hit by a rock happened on air, not sure if them getting forced away by 'protesters' aired though.

Stubborn Werewolf

15,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
I'm watching CNN too (I was watching fox but they started to re-run what they'd already showed; they probably got their reporters out of there so that they wouldn't get caught in the cross-fire) and I saw her get hit. At least two small business, mom & pop shops, have been burned to the ground. The firefighters tried to put it out and when they heard gun shots close by they had to evacuate the area, leaving their hoses behind. What's more, the police are only just now able to start really showing their presence because they had to protect the station from rioters who would surely attack it if they tried to leave to get the riot under control. What's said is that the family are the only ones who would have any excuse at all to do any of this crap and they were the first ones to say if you're gonna protest, do it peacefully. Riots aren't just happening in MO. The PC in New York City had fake blood thrown on him by one of the protesters!
What I wanna know is where the heck is the National Guard? Shouldn't they have been mobilized and shown up by now?
I'm sure they'll be feeling the effects tomorrow when they can't get simple supplies,was it really worth burning their city to the ground?
All of the businesses large or small just need to leave that city since the people obviously don't care.

Time-traveling Senshi

hogosha shido
I'm watching CNN too (I was watching fox but they started to re-run what they'd already showed; they probably got their reporters out of there so that they wouldn't get caught in the cross-fire) and I saw her get hit. At least two small business, mom & pop shops, have been burned to the ground. The firefighters tried to put it out and when they heard gun shots close by they had to evacuate the area, leaving their hoses behind. What's more, the police are only just now able to start really showing their presence because they had to protect the station from rioters who would surely attack it if they tried to leave to get the riot under control. What's said is that the family are the only ones who would have any excuse at all to do any of this crap and they were the first ones to say if you're gonna protest, do it peacefully. Riots aren't just happening in MO. The PC in New York City had fake blood thrown on him by one of the protesters!
What I wanna know is where the heck is the National Guard? Shouldn't they have been mobilized and shown up by now?

Two? Try at least ten active fires going on right now (that's a list I was keeping when I was listening to KMOX radio). You have Little Caesar's, Walgreen's, TitleMax, Home Depot, AutoZone, O'Reily's, Toy's R Us, Enterprise Car Rentals, #HealSTL, Fashions R Boutique, Conoco Gas Station, Taco Bell, Dollar General, an unnamed Chop Suey place, an unnamed storage facility, a Valvoline oil change place, etc. all either burning; looted; attempted to be looted; or the site where groups of people are congregating. The Ferguson police scanner is going crazy and it's not just local people but out of state people who came down there to protest either peacefully or violently. It sounds like the Home Depot might be a gathering place.

There are several businesses that will not be coming back to Ferguson because of this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff