Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Nymph

Link Oracles
I'm starting to believe PETA are just trolls.

You're just starting to believe that now?

Noble Hero

16,900 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
Pessimist
Link Oracles

I didn't pay much attention to them. I'm in my own world, can you blame me?

Feral Nymph

Link Oracles
Pessimist
Link Oracles

Heh. No, no I can't. Though it does mean you missed out on some of their more hilarious stunts, like 'sea kittens'.

Noble Hero

16,900 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
Pessimist
Link Oracles
Pessimist
Link Oracles

Heh. No, no I can't. Though it does mean you missed out on some of their more hilarious stunts, like 'sea kittens'.
Sea Kittens? lol

Feral Nymph

Link Oracles
Pessimist
Link Oracles
Pessimist
Link Oracles

Sea Kittens? lol

It was, hmm, I want to say I was in high school, so a good long while. But PETA decided to take aim at the children and convince them not to eat fish because fish are the 'kittens of the sea', and you wouldn't want to eat a KITTEN now, would you?!

It doesn't help that one of my favorite quotes ever is from a cartoon called The Tick and is "Okay, if you're so evil, eat this kitten!" It just made things even more hilarious.

Oh, hey, it's still around. Ahh, it's still as stupid now as it was then.

Shiverwar's Oppa

Pure-hearted Mage

23,890 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
This happened on the same day I got my game. These trolls should be ashamed, but they're not. They'll troll more. In all honesty, I hope PETA's site gets hacked so bad that they'll shut the ******** up. That, or somebody dismantles the group from the inside out. Sure they'll be back, but I couldn't care less. I barely tried it for one minute and got sick of it. Either way, they're just plain stupid.

~Ranusha the angry pokemon fan.
You know, I didn't think PETA could one up their nude-photo campaign but they did.

What PETA is doing here is like schools pulling Harry Potter from the shelves because it encourages Witch-Craft.
psychoyouth
Blood Valkyrie
I hate PETA, but really the premise behind Pokemon is ******** up when you think about it, no matter how awesome the theme song for the first season is.

This. I'm all for animal rights, but PETAs approach is vile. Obviously, trapping animals in small balls and forcing them to fight is absolutely wrong, but I would like to think that the vast majority of the world can tell fiction from reality.

Absolutely, they are. I remeber their being a bit more legit when I was younger... but maybe I was wrong.

Now they are just acting like idiots, each campaign seeming more stupid than the last.

To me, they fall slightly behind Paul Watson and Sea Sheppard (Who holds the top spot because he is such an utter douche, what with his believe that it acceptable to manipulate and lie to people in order to achieve your goals (Honestly, it's in his ******** book on strategy). At least PETA is just acting like clowns, not psychopaths.

Feral Nymph

Andy French
You know, I didn't think PETA could one up their nude-photo campaign but they did.

What PETA is doing here is like schools pulling Harry Potter from the shelves because it encourages Witch-Craft.

...Whaaa? I had heard of some stupid, extremely radical Christian groups trying to get rid of Harry Potter, but PETA?

Friendly Shapeshifter

8,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Brilwen
I think I'll stick to Pokemon since it's not real, I mean, For crying out loud PETA is the company that bitched at the movie alien when Ripley "dropped Jonsey" in the cat cage.

This company is just out right stupid, they complain at every little thing! I'm against animal abuse in every way but, Pokemon isn't real it's a game. They need to get it through their heads.

Oh, do you mind if I add something I've been saying all night?
PETA says they are for Team Plasma. If you'd played through Black and White, the leader of Team Plasma said that he wanted pokemon to be realised so he can rule the world with no opposition.
Mew_Latias
Brilwen
I think I'll stick to Pokemon since it's not real, I mean, For crying out loud PETA is the company that bitched at the movie alien when Ripley "dropped Jonsey" in the cat cage.

This company is just out right stupid, they complain at every little thing! I'm against animal abuse in every way but, Pokemon isn't real it's a game. They need to get it through their heads.

Oh, do you mind if I add something I've been saying all night?
PETA says they are for Team Plasma. If you'd played through Black and White, the leader of Team Plasma said that he wanted pokemon to be realised so he can rule the world with no opposition.

It's fantasy for crying out loud. You have to be able to separate fantasy from reality.

Feral Phantom

This guy. Everything I have to say, he says.
Pessimist
Andy French

...Whaaa? I had heard of some stupid, extremely radical Christian groups trying to get rid of Harry Potter, but PETA?

No, they aren't. I am saying the two acts are similar.

1. The assumption that Harry Potter will encourage children to take up Witch-Craft

2. The assumption that Pokemon will encourage children to act violently towards animals (That or PETA is just being stupid)

Both rely upon the assumption that people are just too stupid to distinguish between fantasy and reality.
Miyuki Evee

This guy. Everything I have to say, he says.

Damn straight.

Feral Nymph

Andy French
Pessimist
Andy French

No, they aren't. I am saying the two acts are similar.

1. The assumption that Harry Potter will encourage children to take up Witch-Craft

2. The assumption that Pokemon will encourage children to act violently towards animals (That or PETA is just being stupid)

Both rely upon the assumption that people are just too stupid to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

Ahh, I understand now. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces