Welcome to Gaia! ::

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Quote:

Nintendo has responded to a fan petition asking for the late Robin Williams to be immortalised in a future The Legend of Zelda title.

A Nintendo spokesperson spoke to Polygon to extend condolences to Williams' family and share how respected the actor was at the company, while refusing to be drawn into promising anything.

"Robin Williams was loved at Nintendo," a statement reads. "Our hearts go out to his entire family, and especially to Zelda Williams who we've worked with multiple times.

"We appreciate the outpouring of support from the gaming community, and hear the request of fans to honor him in a future game. We will not be discussing what might be possible for future games during this difficult time, but we will hold our memories of Robin close."

The actor was a fan of the series since 1987, and even named his daughter after the franchise's titular princess. The father and daughter duo were also recently hired to promote Nintendo's property in a series of ads for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.

The new petition surfaced along with a similar one, in which World of Warcraft players asked to have Williams included as an NPC in the MMORPG, another game the actor was particularly fond of. The petition succeeded, as confirmed when a Blizzard Entertainment employee said "Yes. We're taking care of it." Source

Even if Nintendo can't include him, I'm sure there will be Miis to carry on his memory,
that would be awesome, if they made him a character, or maybe a cameo of genie from aladdin 3nodding

Shy Friend

12,475 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
That's awesome! I hope Nintendo does it! Good for Nintendo! biggrin I hope they do put Robin Williams in a game that would be so cool!
I hope they honor him in KH3 at least,that would be a dream come true. emotion_kirakira
Do it nintendo.
That would be cool if they did that

Liberal Gaian

9,750 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Mimi Sparda
I hope they honor him in KH3 at least,that would be a dream come true. emotion_kirakira

Square Enix owns Kingdom Hearts not Nintendo.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I have to say different, I think Robin Williams has no place in Video games. Yes , his daughter is named for the heroine of the game but he’s already memorialized in other ways. I see no reason why he should be in a video game like LOZ , where he’d be out of place and has no relation to other than that he liked a name from the game

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Maybe the next exposition fairy character in the Wii U LOZ title could be based on Robin Williams. It's the only way I can see any character based on him fitting in to the series. Not to mention that it would be a nice change from the last few the series had... stare

Dangerous Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Tsuki_Kirkland
I have to say different, I think Robin Williams has no place in Video games. Yes , his daughter is named for the heroine of the game but he’s already memorialized in other ways. I see no reason why he should be in a video game like LOZ , where he’d be out of place and has no relation to other than that he liked a name from the game

in a sense, hes already in kingdom hearts

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
shadowmoon522
Tsuki_Kirkland

True because he’s the Genie in Disney’s Aladdin , but Legend of Zelda is different .

Dangerous Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Tsuki_Kirkland
shadowmoon522
Tsuki_Kirkland

True because he’s the Genie in Disney’s Aladdin , but Legend of Zelda is different .

true, but its still not as bad as the game someone else on a different thread wanted him in

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
shadowmoon522
Tsuki_Kirkland
shadowmoon522
Tsuki_Kirkland

true, but its still not as bad as the game someone else on a different thread wanted him in

Call of duty? Wow there’s a game he has absolutely no reason to be in , or any relation to .
Red Eyes 1994
Mimi Sparda

Square Enix owns Kingdom Hearts not Nintendo.

I know,but he does the voice for Genie from Alladin and its in KH.
Mimi Sparda

You do know the Genie in KH was Dan Castellaneta, right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff