• Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko

Just people's post on this thread alone should tell you that's not true.

Many kids get caught up in this triangle where their parents can't face they are aging, won't allow schools to teach their children, and then cannot face their kids about sex other then saying " Don't do it."

You end up having a few things happen. Some children do not understand what can and cannot get them pregnant, for one. Another is that experimentation, first times, and being pressured into sex mean no matter what you will have people that are first have sex before they are on proper contraception. An embarassed and presured teen isn't going to want to complain about the person they slept with if they feel stupid and this again would happen before they consider or could get contraception/protection.

So no matter what the majority of females are going to have sex before they are on contraceptives.

Then there are a couple other factors. Such as most people not knowing the proper rates of prevention ( the 99.9% thing is a lie, I don't know why company still get away with pulling that.. it's just so that if anyone complains they can brush you off as .1% percent while research may reveal their product is only 80% effective WHEN USED PROPERLY). Another thing the majority of people do not know is that "The Pill" not the Mornign After Pill but Birth Control Pill... and all it's new forms DO NOT WORK IMMEDIATELY and are inconsistent for some times the first two years you begin use or switch products.

There are plenty of other things, such as rapist fathers,.. plenty more.

Pointless to risk killing a girl because she is a girl and everyone and everything else she interacts with is currently stronger then her. Especially based on the Fantasy Parents do squat these days. The percentage is very low on parent - child Sex Ed of any significant level beyond " Yeah, you'll bleed monthly. That means you are a woman now." or " You're a man, now stop touching yourself."

You're not getting the whole statutory rape thing are you. The morning after pill and contraception needs parental consent for teenagers under 18 its as simple as that. Parents will get it if their child is being mature enough and not screwing the entire school. Most of the people in this thread are probably teenagers who think its cool not to inform their parents about their sexual activity while they are under age. I'm not preaching abstinence, I'm preaching letting your parents know where you are so you if you go missing they know where to find the body.

So you are like " Sluts exist, so every girl under 18 should suffer regardless of their circumstances.. since sluts exist."

That's similar to the " There should be Zero Abortions because some women are healthy and don't use protection,.. so noone should be allowed to have an Abortion ever." thinking.

I know some communities that will benefit. Relatives rape the girls, the girls get pregnant, most of the girls to get pregnant before a certain age die from being pregnant, if the baby survives then it gets to be owned by and raped by the same relatives. Those people don't what the girls any where near protection. It would help the girls that make it far enough to understand what's going on to be able to get the morning after pill every time they are raped instead of dying some horrific death because they are minors and not able to protect their bodies in any way.

Most parents is not going to say no sex b/c they know its pointless. Why does everyone just bring up rape anyway? Is that really something you should go out of your way to hide from your parents. Is your teenage sex life really something you want to hide from your parents given the STI's and men and women who can take advantage of you? That's I want to ask.

I find it really sad this judge apparently doesn't care about these issues and wants little 13 years taking contraception without parental guidance or permission.

People bring up rape because pregnancies can happen from rape, and sometimes fathers rape daughters.

Well that's why a girl can go to her local police dpt. or a school official not continue on contraception and the morning after pill while her daddy rapes her every night. Again very few fathers have children to rape them and have children with them in the U.S. out of the entire population. And if she has no recourse b/c she is trapped in the house with no way out then this law doesn't really help her.

So according to your logic, a rape victim who is pregnant by rape may not purchase the morning after pill if the rape victim is under 18?
Noted.

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko

So you are like " Sluts exist, so every girl under 18 should suffer regardless of their circumstances.. since sluts exist."

That's similar to the " There should be Zero Abortions because some women are healthy and don't use protection,.. so noone should be allowed to have an Abortion ever." thinking.

I know some communities that will benefit. Relatives rape the girls, the girls get pregnant, most of the girls to get pregnant before a certain age die from being pregnant, if the baby survives then it gets to be owned by and raped by the same relatives. Those people don't what the girls any where near protection. It would help the girls that make it far enough to understand what's going on to be able to get the morning after pill every time they are raped instead of dying some horrific death because they are minors and not able to protect their bodies in any way.

Most parents is not going to say no sex b/c they know its pointless. Why does everyone just bring up rape anyway? Is that really something you should go out of your way to hide from your parents. Is your teenage sex life really something you want to hide from your parents given the STI's and men and women who can take advantage of you? That's I want to ask.

I find it really sad this judge apparently doesn't care about these issues and wants little 13 years taking contraception without parental guidance or permission.

People bring up rape because pregnancies can happen from rape, and sometimes fathers rape daughters.

Well that's why a girl can go to her local police dpt. or a school official not continue on contraception and the morning after pill while her daddy rapes her every night. Again very few fathers have children to rape them and have children with them in the U.S. out of the entire population. And if she has no recourse b/c she is trapped in the house with no way out then this law doesn't really help her.

So according to your logic, a rape victim who is pregnant by rape may not purchase the morning after pill if the rape victim is under 18?
Noted.

No I said she needs parental consent. If the parent says no which I doubt they will and then she needs to have a conversation with the police department.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko

Noted.

No I said she needs parental consent. If the parent says no which I doubt they will, than she needs to have a conversation with the police department.

When it comes to these matters, police tend to side with the parents.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko

Noted.

No I said she needs parental consent. If the parent says no which I doubt they will and then she needs to have a conversation with the police department.

I think it should also be noted that when it comes to the morning after pill, that thing needs to be taken ASAP. Taking the time to settle things with the police might take up too much time.

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie

Noted.

No I said she needs parental consent. If the parent says no which I doubt they will, than she needs to have a conversation with the police department.

You think if someone is raped the police will side with the parents. Wow, pro-choice people are hardcore, everyone is against you from every side even police officers. I give up, god help the U.S. and Europe with people dying to give 10 year olds and 12 years olds contraception without parental consent, even with most of the population supporting people taking contraception.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko

Many kids get caught up in this triangle where their parents can't face they are aging, won't allow schools to teach their children, and then cannot face their kids about sex other then saying " Don't do it."

You end up having a few things happen. Some children do not understand what can and cannot get them pregnant, for one. Another is that experimentation, first times, and being pressured into sex mean no matter what you will have people that are first have sex before they are on proper contraception. An embarassed and presured teen isn't going to want to complain about the person they slept with if they feel stupid and this again would happen before they consider or could get contraception/protection.

So no matter what the majority of females are going to have sex before they are on contraceptives.

Then there are a couple other factors. Such as most people not knowing the proper rates of prevention ( the 99.9% thing is a lie, I don't know why company still get away with pulling that.. it's just so that if anyone complains they can brush you off as .1% percent while research may reveal their product is only 80% effective WHEN USED PROPERLY). Another thing the majority of people do not know is that "The Pill" not the Mornign After Pill but Birth Control Pill... and all it's new forms DO NOT WORK IMMEDIATELY and are inconsistent for some times the first two years you begin use or switch products.

Pointless to risk killing a girl because she is a girl and everyone and everything else she interacts with is currently stronger then her. Especially based on the Fantasy Parents do squat these days. The percentage is very low on parent - child Sex Ed of any significant level beyond " Yeah, you'll bleed monthly. That means you are a woman now." or " You're a man, now stop touching yourself."

You're not getting the whole statutory rape thing are you. The morning after pill and contraception needs parental consent for teenagers under 18 its as simple as that. Parents will get it if their child is being mature enough and not screwing the entire school. Most of the people in this thread are probably teenagers who think its cool not to inform their parents about their sexual activity while they are under age. I'm not preaching abstinence, I'm preaching letting your parents know where you are so you if you go missing they know where to find the body.

One place I lived, inbreeding was accepted by the community. Going to Police and School Staff was pointless, they already knew what was going on and some were participating. If you tried to make a big fuss, then you'd get fake things in your police reports, arrested, shot by the police, your house burnt down,.. junk like that. The false reports were incase outside police were dragged in. The false reports were utter nonsense like you stole a horse drawn carriage.

Parents prove obstacles in less severe cases. Having your 13 year old knocked up by a 20-something because your 13 year old doesn't want to talk to you is not better then your 13 year old getting morning after pills behind your back. Requiring you be involved just stops them from getting the pill, it doesn't stop them from being manipulated by an adult. It increases the odds of a pregnancy. The pregnancy threatens your 13/14 year old's life. The paths are not great on these three paths they can take, but it would be better there not be a pregnancy.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie

Noted.

You think if someone is raped the police will side with the parents. Wow, pro-choice people are hardcore, everyone is against you from every side even police officers. I give up, god help the U.S. and Europe with people dying to give 10 year olds and 12 years olds contraception without parental consent, even with most of the population supporting people taking contraception.

In your hypothetical statement, you said you doubted the parents would deny the daughter the right to a morning after pill. This implied that we were no longer talking about a rape victim, but an average teen who got pregnant without rape. If it's an average teen who got pregnant without rape, the police will certainly side with the parents.

As for rape, there is always the chance that the victim is too afraid to go to the police, or for some reason she can't prove that her parent is raping her, or what proof she provides is not sufficient enough, or there is the chance that Child Protective Services is s**t (they don't protect children as much as we think they do; they've certainly placed children in dangerous abusive homes and even ignored reports of abuse).

There are too many variables to assume that an underage teen at risk of pregnancy, rape or no rape, can have this handled without the morning after pill.

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko

One place I lived, inbreeding was accepted by the community. Going to Police and School Staff was pointless, they already knew what was going on and some were participating. If you tried to make a big fuss, then you'd get fake things in your police reports, arrested, shot by the police, your house burnt down,.. junk like that. The false reports were incase outside police were dragged in. The false reports were utter nonsense like you stole a horse drawn carriage.

Parents prove obstacles in less severe cases. Having your 13 year old knocked up by a 20-something because your 13 year old doesn't want to talk to you is not better then your 13 year old getting morning after pills behind your back. Requiring you be involved just stops them from getting the pill, it doesn't stop them from being manipulated by an adult. It increases the odds of a pregnancy. The pregnancy threatens your 13/14 year old's life. The paths are not great on these three paths they can take, but it would be better there not be a pregnancy.

I honestly don't believe you nor half the stories on this site, god help you all, this is why Republicans are making grounds with abortion legislation again b/c of the hardline garbage going around the site about ONE or a FEW case of craziness making something like parental consent illegal.

I will not respond to anymore garbage that intends to be well meaning for rapists to get away with rape of teenage girls.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Pia Austin
I will not respond to anymore garbage that intends to be well meaning for rapists to get away with rape of teenage girls.

This just in! Taking Plan B makes your rapist immune to prosecution!

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Blood Valkyrie
Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko

Noted.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to flame or troll, but I'm getting the impression you need to stop posting and think about this some more.
You just got done saying 'Father - daughter rape happens, but not much in the US'
The point is it happens. The police aren't going to listen. Most authority figures, if you don't recall from the time you were a teenager, don't listen to teenagers. If you're a teen, you're lying about one thing or another, that's what they think. They'll side with the parents/relatives. What if the girl lives alone with her rapist? She'd have to bum some money off a friend or teacher, but as long as they believe her, she'd get a contraceptive. The story'd probably have to be that she's really hungry and didn't eat anything.. or something similar. A victim's not going to tell anyone she doesn't have to that she's having sex or being raped. And to be someone she has to tell, you have to be able to do something for her immediately. Even if she lives with mom&dad, she's probably not going to tell the other that she's being abused, because she won't think they'll do anything about it, or they'll think she's lying, crying for attention, or something.
The situations some girls end up in really do dictate that they should be able to walk into a drugstore and buy contraceptives, without prescriptions, without consent, without anyone knowing they are. No one should be notified, no one should question her.
If even 1 single girl in the US is being raped under the age of consent, she should be allowed to get birth control without a bunch of red tape.

Now there's also the girls that are being peer pressured into having sex or think that for whatever reason, they already found their one true love in life under the age of consent and want to jump their bones. If I didn't know how people are, I'd agree with you. In a perfect world, they would have to tell their parents they're doing the nasty and go through them to get contraceptives, and that would be fine... in a perfect world. The world's not perfect, and people aren't either. If she has the choice between having a 'good time' and telling her parents about it so she can get a contraceptive - and not having to tell her parents, she'll choose the latter every time. Even if getting pregnant will kill her. She doesn't know that, she doesn't believe it, etc. Try villanizing or demonizing sex to a teenager and you're fighting an already lost battle.
What you're saying is 'they need to tell their parents', but the hard truth is that they will not, probably not under any circumstances. Then the choice becomes "Do you want a bunch of pre-17 pregnancies that might kill the mother" or "Would you rather they have a better shot at living by hopefully cancelling their pregnancy". And the obvious choice is the latter.

Ed: Then, not The.

Tipsy Kitten

This is the way it should be. There should be no reason to have ID or make a doctors appointment just because you ******** up. This should be across the entire US.

Dapper Gawker

Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Pia Austin
Sailor Tin Nyanko
I would set limits on how many pills a person can buy in one day. xp

My Reason:

Nutcase Type A: Buys a ton and feeds them to one or more people who have no clue they are being given them.

Nutcase Type B: Thinks they can stop pregnancy and abortions by buying all Morning After Pills at their local stores. That way they won't be available. In crazy land that means people won't have sex without aimming to procreate. In reality, people get the Pill after a rape or mistake.. but Nutcase Type B thinks people buy them before hand.

I think there should be a age limit given two 18 year old teenagers are being charged with statutory rape b/c the girls they had sex with are 13, and can't legally consent to sex. I think most teenagers nowadays have parents that understand a need for contraception and just b/c there are some with parents who don't understand that need doesn't mean 13 year old girls need free access to the Morning After Pill.

So a teenager who has been raped gets a way not to tell her parents, how lovely. Again many all parents were teenagers too and know the sex drive, parents should know that way 18 year old boys won't be taking advantage of 13 year old girls according to the statutory rape clause.
Still most parents hold their child to a higher standard than they were, yes they had a sex drive and know what they did. And sometimes they're ashamed of that and then expect you not to do this. My mom won't even let me date, so if she found out I was pregnant ( as she's told me many times before ) she'd kick me out.

Sometimes after being raped a person ( even adults ) tell no one because of many reasons. Some parents might go as far as to BERATE their child. My friend told her mother her step dad raped her and the mother denied it saying " you're too ugly to be raped."

You have to consider ALL factors with why this choice was made to make it legal for everyone, with out a parents consent. Parents ( as you see in the news) are not always as understanding, smart, or caring as you'd like them to be. Especially those parents who push abstinence only, they'd be extremely disappointed and might make the daughter have the baby as a punishment.

As for your statutory rape thing, I don't exactly understand where you're going with this.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
I think it's a good thing.

Between the constant message in our culture that a woman's biggest worth is how much sex appeal she has, the onslaught of hormones in both sexes during the teenage years as well as the incresed tendancy to make reckless choices on top of the burdens of raising a child before you graduate high school, this is a needed step.

"Don't do it" doesn't work even in the best of households at a reliable rate. Chasitiy vows are broken at a great rate and the whole fetishising of female virginity gets downright creepy and wrong at some point (not to mention, why the ******** aren't we telling the boys and men that there are consiquences of sticking their d**k into everything they can get their hands on). Unwanted children can be a drain on families and comunities even if they don't grow up to be criminals (and your avarage teen mom provides a fertile nest for that to happen).

Parents need to actually be there in the front trenches to make sure their girls (and boys) don't fall but when it happens, it's better to have a safety net than go without.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff