Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

Link

Quote:
The Rev. Jesse Jackson, founder and president of the Rainbow Push Coalition, wants the United Nations’ human rights watchdog brought into the debate over the shooting of Trayvon Martin.

Various parts of the U.N. human rights system have in the past weighed in on the Feb. 2012 shooting of the 17-year-old, criticizing Florida’s “stand your ground” law and, in one case, calling for “reparation for the victims.”

But Jackson is proposing an investigation by the U.N.’s top human rights apparatus, the Human Rights Council (HRC), a controversial body whose ranks include regimes with poor human rights records, including some of America’s most vocal critics.

Link 2

Quote:
Is there any organization that isn’t trying to get involved in the George Zimmerman case?!

Earlier this week we reported on the Department of Justice investigation into George Zimmerman, US Attorney General Eric Holder used the case to weigh in on self defense laws, Congress may launch an investigation into the shooting and now Jesse Jackson is calling on the United Nations to get involved.

Where will it end?!

According to a column published in the Chicago Sun-Times by Jackson (emphasis mine),

We need a national investigation of the racial context that led to Trayvon Martin’s slaying. Congress must act. And it’s time to call on the United Nations Human Rights Commission for an in-depth investigation of whether the U.S. is upholding its obligations under international human rights laws and treaties. Trayvon Martin’s death demands much more than a jury’s verdict on George Zimmerman. It calls for us to hear the evidence and render a verdict on the racial reality that never had its day in court at the trial.

Zimmerman was found not guilty by a jury of his peers. Shouldn’t the investigations and allegations stop there? Also, do we really want the UN getting involved in our criminal justice system at all?
They're doing their damnedest to put Zimmerman's head on a platter. It's no longer about "justice" - it's for blood.

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
What exactly is the UN supposed to do?
How much taxpayer money do they want to waste?

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Please.
The U.N. has more important things to do.
******** off, Jesse Jackson.
Bob Dobbs
They don't give a s**t how much money they blow. How many trillions are we in debt? They're like a damn teen with a credit card. We need to remind them money doesn't grow on trees and they need to take responsibility and end this debt before it ends us. We sold our children into this national debt.

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
YahuShalum
Bob Dobbs
They don't give a s**t how much money they blow. How many trillions are we in debt? They're like a damn teen with a credit card. We need to remind them money doesn't grow on trees and they need to take responsibility and end this debt before it ends us. We sold our children into this national debt.

Sometimes I wish I could tip people multiple times.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
What does the UN have to do with this? Seriously, Jackson, get over yourself.

Hallowed Explorer

That seems a bit odd. What is the UN supposed to do anyway?
I don't think the UN is going to stop handling issues among countrys to discuss a court case from the USA. Even if they weren't super busy what would they do anyway?
I don't understand why he'd try and go that high over this.
Twincybugs
I don't think the UN is going to stop handling issues among countrys to discuss a court case from the USA. Even if they weren't super busy what would they do anyway?
He's probably trying to drag them in to make statements and be like oh oh SEE!!! The international community said Zimmerman murdered that child! We need to break our double jeopardy law and bring justice to Trayvon!

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
He's an idiot. And the sad thing is, the UN has become a joke what are they going to do really. Besides, we don't need them sticking their nose into our domestic affairs.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
............Seriously?

That's ******** hilarious.

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
I thought the U.S. was the intervention arm of the U.N.

That being said, if such is true, how the ******** is the U.S. supposed to do anything?

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Actually disregard that. I thought the United States weren't even a PART of the United Nations. Didn't we propose the United Nations but not join them post-World War II or something?
John Michael Osbourne
I thought the U.S. was the intervention arm of the U.N.

That being said, if such is true, how the ******** is the U.S. supposed to do anything?
We break our sovereignty and accept complete U.N. law as the law of the land. Honestly The U.S. needs to break off from the U.N., let the Europeans be the intervention.

Hallowed Explorer

YahuShalum
Twincybugs
He's probably trying to drag them in to make statements and be like oh oh SEE!!! The international community said Zimmerman murdered that child! We need to break our double jeopardy law and bring justice to Trayvon!

Acutally a few friends and family of mine in the UK know of the Zimmerman thing so the international community does kinda know a bit on it. They just don't give a damn cause it's not their country and they have their own ******** up court cases to fight about.
I doubt the UN is about to waste their time for something that's not of international impact.

Dapper Dabbler

10,300 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
Good. Maybe if other countries start pointing out the s**t that goes on in our country and trying to intervene we'll stop trying to police the rest of the damn world and take care of our own problems.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff