Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heroic Hero

Harry Reid Comments on Israel

“Mr. President, our great country has many friends in the world, we’re proud of all the alliances we have,” Reid said. “But certainly, our deepest attachment is what we have with Israel. The United States and Israel have stood by each other in good times and bad times, in times of peace, in times of war. Right now our friends in the state of Israel are under attack. Hamas continues to indiscriminately fire thousands of rockets into Israel.”

“When Hamas fires these rockets, Hamas has no idea where they’ll land,” he continued. “Military installation, they hope; a daycare center, they don’t care; empty parking lot, they don’t care. They’re just firing these rockets indiscriminately.”

I thought I would post this seeing as how I haven't seen major news coverage of this. The footage is from C-SPAN 2. The Democratic Senate leader is advocating that Obama grant Israel aid during this time and he notes that this is not a partisan issue, but an issue of aiding an ally.
Bogotanian

“Mr. President, our great country has many friends in the world, we’re proud of all the alliances we have,” Reid said. “But certainly, our deepest attachment is what we have with Israel. The United States and Israel have stood by each other in good times and bad times, in times of peace, in times of war. Right now our friends in the state of Israel are under attack. Hamas continues to indiscriminately fire thousands of rockets into Israel.”

“When Hamas fires these rockets, Hamas has no idea where they’ll land,” he continued. “Military installation, they hope; a daycare center, they don’t care; empty parking lot, they don’t care. They’re just firing these rockets indiscriminately.”

I thought I would post this seeing as how I haven't seen major news coverage of this. The footage is from C-SPAN 2. The Democratic Senate leader is advocating that Obama grant Israel aid during this time and he notes that this is not a partisan issue, but an issue of aiding an ally.

Okay, I absolutely ******** despise Reid. Same with Pelosi, Boxer, Biden and Obama. But by damn, I agree with Harry on this. He's finally said something that I am in full agreement with.
I agree with him. Hamas is ridiculous now.

Familiar Smoker

Old Blue Collar Joe
Bogotanian

Okay, I absolutely ******** despise Reid. Same with Pelosi, Boxer, Biden and Obama. But by damn, I agree with Harry on this. He's finally said something that I am in full agreement with.
Israel has killed about 200-300 combatats and 1000-1300 civilans in this recent flare up. Hamas has killed 50-60 IDF and 3 civilians. Seems to me like Hamas is the one showing restraint, and Israel is the one who doesn't give a s**t about civilans.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
TANRailgun
Old Blue Collar Joe
Bogotanian

Israel has killed about 200-300 combatats and 1000-1300 civilans in this recent flare up. Hamas has killed 50-60 IDF and 3 civilians. Seems to me like Hamas is the one showing restraint, and Israel is the one who doesn't give a s**t about civilans.

Never mind that:

1) Hamas fires rockets from civilian heavy locations
2) Israel has superior defensive measures, accounting for fewer Civilian casualties.

Restraint got nothin' to do with it.

Familiar Smoker

Silvia Crow
TANRailgun
Old Blue Collar Joe
Bogotanian

Never mind that:

2) Israel has superior defensive measures, accounting for fewer Civilian casualties.

I'll grant you both of those, but a 5:1 civilian to combatant death ratio is atrocious. The only conflicts, in recent history, with higher civilian death ratios were conflicts where civilians were actually targets, like the Chechan wars (10:1 and 7:1), or Kosovo (6:1). Not even Vietnam (high estimates at 2:1) had that high of civilian per combatant ratios, and the Viet Cong most certainly used civilians as cover, so did combatants in Iraq (3:1) and Afghanistan (about 2:1), yet those rates are significantly lower than Israel's 5:1.

Israel isn't trying to reduce civilian deaths, because they really just don't give a s**t.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Bogotanian

Been waiting for this for a while now. Does this mean you'll be throwing a party with all your Democrat friends? Special guest being Reid of course.

User Image

Heroic Hero

TANRailgun
Silvia Crow
TANRailgun
Old Blue Collar Joe
Bogotanian

Never mind that:

I'll grant you both of those, but a 5:1 civilian to combatant death ratio is atrocious. The only conflicts, in recent history, with higher civilian death ratios were conflicts where civilians were actually targets, like the Chechan wars (10:1 and 7:1), or Kosovo (6:1). Not even Vietnam (high estimates at 2:1) had that high of civilian per combatant ratios, and the Viet Cong most certainly used civilians as cover, so did combatants in Iraq (3:1) and Afghanistan (about 2:1), yet those rates are significantly lower than Israel's 5:1.

Israel isn't trying to reduce civilian deaths, because they really just don't give a s**t.

If they know that it is a civilian heavy location, Israel announces their strikes and gives people ample warning to evacuate. It seems more like Hamas doesn't care about their own civilian deaths, because they're firing rockets from schools, hospitals, civilian neighborhoods etc. Palestinians and Israelis should be equally mad at Hamas.

Heroic Hero

SparkyKid3000
Old Blue Collar Joe
Bogotanian

Been waiting for this for a while now. Does this mean you'll be throwing a party with all your Democrat friends? Special guest being Reid of course.

User Image

More like this should be a wake-up call for people that support Hamas in this conflict when the Democratic Senator leader states that this is not a partisan issue, but an American issue to support Israel in this conflict.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bogotanian
SparkyKid3000
Old Blue Collar Joe
Bogotanian

User Image

More like this should be a wake-up call for people that support Hamas in this conflict when the Democratic Senator leader states that this is not a partisan issue, but an American issue to support Israel in this conflict.

Well I never threw my support for anyone at this point. Still haven't. But I don't think too many outsiders on this issue are "supporting" Hamas. I think it's more along the lines of sympathizing with the citizens of Palestine.
TANRailgun
Old Blue Collar Joe
Bogotanian

More like it's a case of Asymmetrical Warfare.
I honestly don’t get the liberal animosity towards Israel when they.

A. Have universal healthcare
B. Have women’s rights
C. Have universal suffrage
D. Have a secular government with Muslims in Parliament
E. Have a huge emphasis on education

It’s also kind of ironic how pro-Palestine the left seems to be when they were so avidly against the religious ruling in the Hobby Lobby case.

Heroic Hero

God Emperor Baldur
I honestly don’t get the liberal animosity towards Israel when they.

A. Have universal healthcare
B. Have women’s rights
C. Have universal suffrage
D. Have a secular government with Muslims in Parliament
E. Have a huge emphasis on education

It’s also kind of ironic how pro-Palestine the left seems to be when they were so avidly against the religious ruling in the Hobby Lobby case.

It seems that many liberals are approaching the issue from their treatment of Muslims as a minority in the west with access to equal rights. Anyone in their right mind should not support Hamas, including the Palestinians themselves. If someone really wants to be pro-Palestinian they should be anti-Hamas. But it seems a permissible position to attack Israel for a liberal if the blame for the whole situation is shifted to those "Zionist Imperialists" yes! Alright, good enough for us, we will be against Israel in everything and even support Hamas... even though we wouldn't at home.
TANRailgun
Old Blue Collar Joe
Bogotanian

That's because you selectively choose to ignore the reality that Hamas is hiding and shooting from hospitals, churches and mosques, as well as heavily populated civilian areas, and that the Israelis are shooting down a s**t ton of what Hamas is launching at them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff